CTET Eligibility 2018 has been laid by CBSE. The basic requirement to sit for the exam is to obtain a bachelor’s degree or diploma in education with minimum 50% aggregate marks. The minimum age requirement to apply for CTET 2018 is 17 years, while there is no upper age restriction.
- CTET 2018 eligibility is defined on nationality, educational qualification and qualifying marks.
- If any aspirant fails to abide by CTET Eligibility 2018, their candidature will be canceled irrespective of the fact that they have qualified the exam or not.
- This year, CTET will be conducted across various CTET Exam Centres in 92 cities of India.
CTET Exam Date 2018
CTET 2018 will be conducted for applicants seeking jobs into teaching posts offered in different government schools throughout the country. CTET Online Form 2018 is available. The important dates regarding the exam are given below:
CTET 2018 Eligibility: Age & Qualification
There are set of rules and regulations which have to be fulfilled by applicants in order to appear for Central Teacher Eligibility Test. The criteria are as laid down by CBSE. Participants who are interested in pursuing teaching careers are advised to go through the details furnished below:
- Applicants must be a citizen of India to be eligible for CTET 2018.
- There is no age restriction, however, candidate must be minimum 17 years of age.
- Candidates will have to fulfill different eligibility according to their wish to be a Primary or Elementary Teacher.
- The basic eligibility for CTET 2018 is a graduation or a 2-year diploma in elementary education with minimum 45-50% marks.
CTET 2018 Eligibility: Educational Qualification
CTET Eligibility 2018 requirements are stated below as per primary or elementary stage.
Academic Qualification for Primary Stage (Class 1 to 5)
Individuals should have any one of the following qualifications in order to fulfill CTET Eligibility 2018. They are given below:
- Applicants must have passed senior secondary exam or its equivalent with at least 50% marks.
- They must secure at least 45% marks in higher secondary exam and should have passed the final exam of 2- year diploma in Elementary Education in accordance with NCTE regulations, 2002.
- An aggregate of at least 50% in higher secondary exam must be obtained.
- They must be appearing for or have passed the final year of 4- year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed).
- Minimum score of at least 50% marks in senior secondary must be obtained.
- Individuals who have done their graduation and have passed or are appearing in the final year of 2 year Diploma in education will also be eligible.
Academic Qualification for Elementary Stage (Class 6 to 8)
The educational qualification required for appearing in CTET 2018 elementary stage is given below. Candidates having any one of these qualifications will be eligible for the exam.
- Participants should have done their graduation.
- They must have secured at least 50% marks in graduation degree and should pass the 1-year Bachelor in Education program.
- Applicants must obtain no less than 45% marks in graduation degree.
- They must have passed senior secondary with an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- They should be in the final year of 4- year B.A/ B.Sc.Ed/ B.A.Ed/ B.Sc.Ed having passed higher secondary with 50% marks.
- Aspirants should have completed their graduation with at least 50% marks and are appearing in 1-year B.Ed course.
CTET Eligibility Criteria – Note
- Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/Differently abled category will be given a relaxation up to 5% in the qualifying marks.
- A Diploma/Degree course in teacher education must be recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), while Diploma in Education (Special Education) and B.ED (Special Education), should be recognized by the Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI).
- Candidates having D.Ed (Special Education) qualification have to undergo a 6-months Special Programme in Elementary Education, recognised by NCTE. This training would be held after the appointment.
- The minimum qualification mentioned above is applicable in case of teachers of Languages like Social Studies/Social Science, Mathematics, Science etc., whereas teachers for Physical Education will have different qualification norms mentioned in NCTE Regulation, November, 3. 2001. For teachers of Art Education, Craft Education, Home Science, Work Education, etc. the existing eligibility norms prescribed by the State Governments and other schoo managements shall be applicable.
- Candidates pursuing any of the teacher education courses (recognized by the NCTE or the RCI) mentioned in the NCTE Notification of July 29, 2011 are eligible for appearing in the CTET.
- If candidates are allowed to appear in CTET, it does not mean that their eligibility has been verified. Their eligibility shall be finally verified, by the concerned recruiting agency/appointing authority.
CTET 2018 Eligibility: Other Parameters
The organizing body will look at some other factors too for the purpose of recruitment of teachers. These qualifications will not be essential requirements but will give applicants a better chance to secure a job in a good school. They are listed below:
- A degree or diploma in teacher education which must be recognized by NCTE.
- For a diploma in Education, the programs recognized by RCI will be considered.
Eligibility Based on Physical Education, Art and Craft Education, Work Education and Home Science
- Teachers for Physical Education will be chosen according to the regulations laid down by NCTE.
- Norms prescribed by the state governments and other school management will be applicable till the time NCTE lays down the minimum qualifications with respect to such teachers.
Eligibility Based on Relaxation for Reserved Category
Seats will not be reserved for individuals belonging to the reserved category (SC/ ST/ OBC and PwD candidates). However, they will be granted a relaxation of 5% marks in the qualifying exam of the minimum educational requirement.
Other than that, no reservation policy is adapted as far as job placement is concerned as per CBSE’s rules.
FAQs Related to CTET Eligibility
Ques. What is the maximum number of attempts an individual can avail for CTET 2018?
Ans: CBSE has not laid down any restrictions regarding the number of times an aspirant can appear for CTET.
Ques. What are the minimum qualifying criteria for obtaining a CTET Certificate?
Ans: Candidates who secure more than 60% in CTET 2018 will be issued a CTET certificate by the organizing body. This certificate will be valid for a time period of 7 years. CBSE may offer certain concessions to the reserved category participants.
Ques. If a candidate qualifies CTET; will CTET unit or CBSE provide him a job?
Ans: NO. CBSE is responsible for only conducting CTET 2018 and provision of employment does not fall under its jurisdiction.
Ques. What is the Applicability of CTET 2018?
Ans: The certificate that will be issued to all qualifying candidates will be applicable to the following:
- Central Government Schools like KVS, NVS, Central Tibetan Schools, etc.
- Schools administered by UT’s of Chandigarh, Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Lakshadweep, Andaman & Nicobar Islands and NCT of Delhi.
- Schools owned and managed by the State Government or local bodies as also unaided private schools may exercise the option of considering CTET.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College