CUCET 2021 Counselling, Merit List, Schedule, Fee, and Process
CUCET 2021 Counselling will be organized by the authority via online mode. It will be mandatory for all qualified candidates to participate in the counselling process. Seats will be given to candidates on the basis of the counselling process. CUCET counselling will be conducted separately at each participating university in the online mode for the aspirants. Each participating university in the CUCET consortium separately releases the list of all the eligible students who qualify for the CUCET counselling. Only those candidates whose names are mentioned in the rank list for CUCET 2021 will be called upon for the counselling.
table Of Contents
Candidates need to register themselves on the official website of the desired participating university when they call for CUCET 2021 counselling. To do so, candidates need to enter their login credentials such as application ID and password on the student portal of the university’s official website and fill in the desired course and college preferences. To attend the CUCET 2021 counselling in person, candidates have to reach the venue (university campus) before the stipulated time along with the necessary documents convened by the university.
CUCET 2021 Merit List
Every university had its own CUCET Merit List Criteria based on which the candidates could take admission into their respective UG, PG, and Ph.D. programs. In the sections below, the candidates could find the details of the university-wise CUCET Merit List Criteria.
- Central University of Rajasthan: Candidates’ score in CUCET 2021 as well as in qualifying exam will form the basis of the provisional merit list.
- Criteria for Preparation of Merit List – The relative weight for the CUCET score and qualifying exam score will be 70.30. For MBA program, there will be also a personal interview and group discussion.
- Tie Breaker-If two or more candidates will be tied at the same score, the tiebreaker will be scored/marks in the qualifying exam with the score of all subjects being taken into account.
- Method of Preparation – The official website hosted the provisional merit list. After the process of checking and verifying the original documents, the concerned department at the time of admission will be prepared the final merit list.
- CUCET Counselling Process – Counselling-cum-admission round required the personal presence of all the candidates who will be called for it. They should report on 10:00 AM on the date of counselling-cum-admission. 11:00 AM will be the last reporting time before the Departmental Admission Committee. Hence, it is advised to be there on time.
- The original documents and the prescribed fee should be brought by the candidate as notified on the university website. On the day of counselling, the merit list will be prepared on the basis of information available till 11 AM.
- After that, candidates responsible for any change in merit will be because of any incorrect or unavailable information. There will be no second round of admission. Department maintained reserve list out of present candidates if required.
- Fee deposition for Wait Listed Candidates – The waitlisted candidates provided correct and functional Email ID and mobile number as all information will be communicated on the same contact details. For depositing the fee in Account No. 666110210000003, Bank of India, Central University of Rajasthan Branch, IFSC Code: BKID0006667 and sending the UTR Number through SMS and scanned copy of deposit receipt by email to HoD/Coordinator of the department concerned, they will be allowed 48 hours from the receipt of email/SMS.
- If students failed to do so and inform the Head of the concerned department within the stipulated time, the vacant seat will be allotted to the next candidate following the same system. In this regard, no representation/complaint would be entertained.
- The candidates on the waitlist are advised to collect the contact details of concern Head of the department before leaving the examination hall.
- After notification of the last date of admission by the university, there will be no further admissions.
- GOI/University norms governed the reservation/conversation of the vacant category of seats.
- Central University of Haryana
- Criteria for Preparation of Merit List – The basis of merit will be made in strict accordance with determination by the entrance test subject to stipulated reservation.
- Tie Breaker-In case of a tie of scores in the entrance test, the tiebreaker will be % of marks in the graduate level examination or its equivalent. In case the tie still remains, the next criteria for tie-breaking would be the marks of intermediate examination (10+2)/ Higher Secondary School. The final tiebreaker, if scores are still tied, would the higher age.
- The candidates with their results will be awaited can also seek admission subject to the production of proof of passing the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks by the last date of payment of a fee of the concerned list.
- The candidates who failed to clear the qualifying examination with required marks did not get admission.
- In accordance with rules, the university reserves the right to cancel the admission of any candidate.
- Candidates with a compartment in any subject in the qualifying examination will be considered ineligible for admission.
3. Central University of Jammu
- Preparation Criteria of Merit List for Master’s Degree programs- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of a composite score of marks obtained by the candidate in CUCET and qualifying examination. The relative weight will be 70.30.
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor Integrated M.Phil. - Ph.D. Programs- The composite score of marks obtained in CUCET 2021, academic performance at qualifying examination and performance at interview form the basis of merit list preparation for admissions. The relative weight would be 70:20:10.
- Any candidate having less than 40% marks in CUCET 2021 will not be eligible for admission to an integrated M.Phil. - PhD program.
- There will be an exemption from appearing CUCET 2021 for the candidates who have qualified JRF/NET/SLET/SET.
- For the purpose of calculating the composite score, JRF qualified candidates are deemed to have a score of 100% while the NET/SLET/SET qualified candidates are deemed to have a score which is equivalent to the marks of the topper of CUCET 2021.
- If JRF/NET/SLET/SET candidates choose to appear in CUCET 2021, the aforementioned provisions will not apply to them.
- A candidate, subject to the fulfillment of the minimum eligibility conditions, who has been awarded Teacher Research Fellowship by the UGC and is working in any institution of higher education, will be treated similarly to NET/SLET/SET qualified candidates for the purpose of calculating the composite score for preparation of merit list.
- Failing to pay the fee and getting themselves registered for CUCET 2021 will result in cancellation of candidature.
- For an interview, the number of candidates which is equivalent to three times the number of seats will be called. Such a call will be made on the basis of composite score subject to the minimum cut off marks.
4. Central University of Jharkhand
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor Integrated M.Tech/MBA./M.Sc./MA Degree courses- The merit index will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in CUCET 2021 and the qualifying examination. The relative weight will be 70:30.
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor the UG course in Music & Performing Arts- It comprised marks secured in CUCET 2021, qualifying the examination and the audition. The relative weight will be 40:20:40.
- Tie Breaker-In case of a tie in scores, the higher age will be tie-breaker.
- Central University of Karnataka
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor admissions to integrated programs- The performance in JEE Main will be considered for 33% of the seats. Another 33% of seats will be filled on the basis of performance in CUCET 2021 while the rest 34% will be filled on the basis of performance in CET 2021.
- Preparation Criteria of Merit Listfor PhD seats- The merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in CUCET 2021 and personal interaction. The relative weight will be 1:3.
- Central University of Kashmir
- The basis for the preparation of merit list is solely the score obtained by candidates in CUCET 2021. In the case of the MBA program, however, group discussion and interview have their due weight.
CUCET Counselling Procedure 2021
All candidates appearing in CUCET 2021 entrance exam have to do the registration on the respective university website. Each university releases its rank list for the shortlisted candidates. As per the counselling schedule prescribed by each university, candidates attended the counselling. Candidates scoring above the cut-off will be called for counselling.
Through online counselling, candidates filled the college and course preference. Candidates with high rank will be given preference over the lower rank holder. On the basis of the availability of seats and ranks of the candidate, the seats will be allotted. Candidates accepted the seat and submit the admission fee after allotment of the seat.
Documents Required for verification
- Admit Card of CUCET 2021
- Result sheet of CUCET 2021
- Degree Certificate and Marks sheet of all semesters
- Class XII Certificate & Marks Sheet
- Class X Certificate and Marks sheet
- Category Certificate (if a candidate belongs to a reserved category)
- Medical Certificate (in case of PwD candidates)
- Photocopies of the original documents.
CUCET Spot Admission 2021
Those candidates who have already applied for the counselling in earlier rounds but are not allotted any seat can apply for the CUCET 2021 spot admission in case the participating university releases notification for the vacant seats. Candidates have to keep a close eye on the participating university's official website for the same. Accordingly, they need to visit the university campus in-person to attend the CUCET spot admission 2021 for the document verification process.
CUCET 2021 Counselling FAQS
Ques: How the admissions will be given?
Ans: Admissions are handled at the level of each of these Central Universities and State Universities for their respective programs. After the declaration of the CUCET results, the respective Central Universities and State Universities will declare the counselling/admission schedule and merit list based on the weightage on CUCET 2021 score and the other criteria of PU. Please see the website of the concerned university for details. There will be online admission counselling for some universities with additional fees.
Ques: What if I face difficulty in on-line registration or face other difficulties?
Ans: In case you face any difficulty in online registration or if you do not receive an auto-response e-mail within 24 hours, contact us at E-mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mobile No.: +91-9560268076 giving following specific details to enable us to provide quick resolution of the error encountered by you - (a) Registration Number (b) Your E-mail Id (c) Your Mobile no (d) Your Operating System Windows XP SP2 or Linux (with Version number) (e) Browser with its version number (f) Whether java script is enabled (g) Copy of Exact Text of error message you encounter.
Ques: How will I know that my application has reached you?
Ans: Online Application: On successful online application submission with payment of fees through Net-banking /Debit Card /Credit Card/UPI an automated e-mail and SMS will be sent to the e-mail ID & mobile number you have given in the application form.
Ques: How much is the examination fee? Is it different if I apply for more programs / PUs?
Ans: The examination fee details are as follows:
UI & PG
General/ OBC/ EWS Applicants
- An applicant can apply for payment through net-banking/debit/credit card/UPI.
- GST and other taxes as applicable by Govt. of India/ Bank.
- An applicant can apply for three programmes from three Participating Universities (PUs) by paying application fee as mentioned above.
- An applicant can further apply upto 03 additional PU’s (03 programmes each) by availing Add-on facility by paying additional fee as Rs. 800/- (Gen/OBC/EWS applicants) or Rs. 350/- (SC/ST applicants) for UI & PG Programmes and Rs. 1000/- (Gen/OBC/EWS applicants) or Rs. 450/- (SC/ST applicants) for RP Programmes. While doing so, a University can be repeated in add on
- Applicants are advice to read Payment Instructions carefully before paying the application fee
Ques: In which modes will the CUCET counselling 2020 be conducted?
Ans: The counselling for CUCET 2020 is conducted in the online mode.
Ques: Who all will be invited for the CUCET counselling?
Ans: The eligible candidates who qualify the cutoff of the participating university will be called upon for the CUCET counselling.
Ques: What all documents should candidates carry at the CUCET counselling 2020?
Ans: Documents to be carried by candidates at the CUCET 2020 counselling are Class 10 mark sheet, Class 12 mark sheet, qualifying examination certificate, transfer certificate, conduct certificate, caste certificate, reservation category certificate, and photocopies of original documents.
Ques: Will there be any CUCET spot counselling for admission against vacant seats?
Ans: CUCET spot counselling is conducted only when the seats in the participating universities are vacant, the dates of which may be announced in the due course of time.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College