CUCET 2019 Exam Pattern, Syllabus and Previous Year Papers
CUCET is a national level examination which is regulated by the ten central universities jointly. According to the CUCET Engineering 2019 exam pattern, the paper was divided into two sections – Part A, which consisted of 25 multiple choice questions and Part B which consisted of 75 questions.
- CUCET 2019 was scheduled for May 25 & 26, 2019 in offline mode
- The question paper consists of total 100 objective types of questions. Download CUCET Practice Papers
- The questions is asked in English language only.
- Each paper will be only of 2 hours duration. Also Check CUCET 2019 Admit Card
- One will be awarded for every correct answer.
- Negative marking is also applicable, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. Check CUCET 2019 Cut off
CUCET Exam Pattern Highlights
|Exam Mode||Offline/Pen and Paper Mode (OMR Sheet)|
|Number of parts||2- Part A and Part B|
|Number of Questions||100 (25 from Part A and 75 from Part B)|
|Question Paper Type|| Objective Type (MCQs) |
|Exam duration|| 2 hours|
|Exam language|| English|
CUCET 2019 Exam Pattern in Detail
CUCET 2019 question paper will consist of two parts- Part A and Part B. The paper will consist of a total of 100 MCQs (multiple-choice questions).
- PART A will contain 25 MCQs on the following subjects: English Language, General Awareness, Mathematical Aptitude, Analytical Skills
- PART B will contain 75 MCQs and consist of questions relating to candidate’s Domain Knowledge/Subject specific questions., with 2/3/5 sections. Each section will have twenty-five or more questions.
- Candidates will be required to answer X Sections (75 questions) as specified on the front cover of the test question booklet. For example, if Part B consists of 4 subjects, namely, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology, the instruction will say that a candidate has to attempt any three subjects such as PCB or PCM according to the subjects studied by the candidate in class 12.
- If a candidate attempts all the questions from all the sections then the best of the 3 sections will be considered while preparing the merit list.
- For programs such as, Integrated Courses/B.Voc./MBA/MCA/LLB or any other general course(s), there will be only one paper comprising of 100 MCQs. It will consist of questions on subjects- English Language, Reasoning, Data Interpretations/ Numerical Ability, General Awareness and Analytical Skills.
The question paper will be in English language only. The total duration for the paper will be 2 hours. CUCET Exam will have Negative marking. Each correct answer will carry 1 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Some points to note:
- The exam pattern described above is relevant to UG and Integrated Programs in Science stream, and PG/B.Ed./Integrated M.Sc B.Ed/PG Diploma Programs.
- CUCET 2019 exam pattern for Arts stream includes only 1 test paper. The question paper comprises 100 MCQs from the following discipline: English, Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation, Analytical Skills, Reasoning, General Aptitude and General Knowledge.
- CUCET exam pattern for Research Programs is similar to UGC CSIR and other NET JRF exam. All question papers of PhD programme will consist of two parts. Part A consists of 50 questions based on research methodology including English and General Knowledge and Numerical ability. Part B consists of 50 questions from the respective subject domain.
- CUCET exam pattern for B.Ed. is different from other courses. However, the number of questions and marking scheme is same. It consists of 3 parts-
Check CUCET Eligibility Criteria
- Part A (25 MCQs): General Awareness
- Part B (35 MCQs): Teaching Aptitude
- Part C (40 MCQs): It is further divided into 4 sub-sections. Candidates have to attempt any one section from them as per the eligibility.
- Section 1: Social Sciences
- Section 2: Language
- Section 3: Physical Science and Mathematics
- Section 4: Life Sciences
60 x 2
Exam duration is 2 hours
Each of 1
Each Correct Answer will be awarded 1 mark
1/4 mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
CUCET 2018 is a computer based test
Questions will be of objective type
Part A-25 and Part B-75
CUCET 2019 Marking Scheme
There will be negative marking in the paper. Each correct answer will carry 1 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted. Questions not attempted will not be assessed and considered.
The article will further discuss the CUCET 2019 exam pattern, marking scheme, syllabus, etc. in detail.
- There will be negative marking in CUCET 2019 entrance exam. Each correct answer will carry 01 mark and for each wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
- Note that questions not attempted by candidates will not be assessed and considered for preparing final merit list.
- The candidate will have to choose one correct answer and mark on OMR Sheet. If a candidate marks multiple entries in the OMR Sheet for particular question(s), it will be treated as wrong answer with negative marking.
CUCET 2019 Syllabus
For admission into UG/ Integrated Courses, candidates can follow the syllabus of Class 12, while for admission into PG Courses and NET/ JRF research programmes, respective UG syllabus should be followed.
CUCET Syllabus for UG/Integrated Programs (3/4/5 years):
For Part A of CUCET for UG courses, there is no definite official syllabus. However, the questions will be asked from the following areas:
- English Language
- General Awareness
- Mathematical Aptitude
- Analytical Skills
For Part B, candidates have to refer any 3 of the following subjects. The syllabus is based on the general Class 12 level syllabus for the respective courses:
Check Detailed CUCET 2019 Syllabus
CUCET 2019 syllabus forUG/ integrated programmes is as mentioned below:
|Integrated MTech||Power & Energy Engineering, Information & Communication Technology|
|BTech||Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Printing and Packaging Technology|
|Integrated BSc BEd||BSc Bed|
|Integrated BSc BEd (Mathematics)||BSc BEd (Mathematics)|
|Integrated Science BSc MSc||BSc MSc|
|Integrated MSc||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Zoology, Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany, Environmental Science|
|Integrated MA||English, Economics, Psychology, Geography, Geology|
|Integrated BA BEd||BA Bed|
|Integrated BA LLB (Hons)||BA LLB (Hons)|
|BVoc ||Retail and Logistic Management, Retail Management, Tourism Management, Biomedical Sciences, Industrial Waste Management |
|Diploma ||Beauty & Wellness |
|BVoc ||Interior Design |
CUCET Syllabus for PG/B.Ed./Integrated M.Sc B.Ed/PG Diploma Programs varies as per the course. CUCET Syllabus for MPhil/PhD programs will be same as that prescribed for UGC- CSIR or NET-JRF.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College