Table of Contents
CUCET 2020 Counseling Merit List (OUT), Results, Cut off, Scorecard, Merit List, Answer Key and Counselling
The participating universities of CUCET 2020 have begun to release the first merit list from October 19. CUCET 2020 counselling began on October 18. Central University of Rajasthan announced the CUCET 2020 result along with the score card on October 17, in online mode, at cucetexam.in. The authorities also released the CUCET 2020 cut on October 17 in online mode.
As per the results of the CUCET, eligible candidates for the CUCET entrance exam appeared in the Central Universities Common Entrance Examination to apply for admission. Earlier, CUCET 2020 's final answer key for PG courses was issued on October 2. The final answer key to CUCET 2020 for UG courses was released on 30 September. The provisional answer key for CUCET 2020 was released on September 21. CUCET 2020 answer key contest window was available from September 21 to 24.
The conducting body issued CUCET 2020 Admission Card on September 9 at cucetexam.in. CUCET 2020 examination of UG, PG, and RP programs took place on September 18, 19, and 20 in OMR-based mode. CUCET 2020 application correction window was closed on June 9. The last date of submission of CUCET 2020 application form was June 6. The application form for CUCET 2020 was published by Central University of Rajasthan on March 16.
CUCET 2020 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Rajasthan Central University|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Sections and Number of Questions||Part A: 25 questions Part B: 75 questions Some Integrated Papers: 100 questions|
|Courses Offered||Integrated/ undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research Programs|
CUCET 2020 Exam Dates
CUCET Important Dates 2020
CUCET Registration 2020
March 16, 2020 (released)
CUCET application form last date
June 6, 2020 (extended)
Correction window opens
June 7 to June 9
CUCET hall ticket
CUCET exam date 2020
September 18 to 20, 2020
Preliminary Answer Key
September 21 - UG/ PG Programmes
September 21 - Research Programmes
Last date to upload any Grievances
September 24 - UG/PG Programmes
September 24 - Research Programmes
CUCET final answer key
September 30 - UG Programmes
October 2 - PG and Research Programmes
October 17, 2020
CUCET 2020 Merit List
October 19 onwards
|CUCET 2020 cut off||October 17, 2020|
October 18 onwards
To be announced
CUCET 2020 Results
CUCET 2020 Result
- Availability of results: Exam takers can check CUCET 2020 Results on the official website. The results are declared on the official website of CUCET.
- Shortlisting Process: Shortlisting will be done on basis of CUCET 2020 performance and the scores obtained in qualifying examinations.
- GD/PI: The concerned universities conduct further processes after the process of shortlisting, they are called for Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Merit list: On the basis of the performance of the candidate, the merit list will be prepared and will be used for admission to UG, PG, PG Diploma, Integrated Programs, B.Ed, PhD programs in the participating Central Universities.
How to check CUCET 2020 Result?
Click on the official link (the link will be activated along with the announcement of the result)
Enter roll number and date of birth.
Click on “LogIn” tab.
Candidates can now check CUCET result on their screen.
Download and take a printout of CUCET 2020 result.
CUCET 2020 Cut off
CUCET 2020 Cut Off
CUCET Cut-off will depend on the overall performance of students in the entrance exam. Each university releases its own CUCET Cut off list for the courses they offer. The tentative cutoff marks for certain courses offered through CUCET is mentioned below:
M.A.Politicial Science Cut Off
|University Accepted||CUCET Cut Off Marks|
|Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||154|
|Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||164|
|Central University of Kashmir - Srinagar||185|
M.A.History Cut Off
|University Accepted||CUCET Cut Off Marks|
|Central University of Punjab - [CUP] - Bathinda||132|
|Central University of Haryana - [CUH] - Narnaul||133|
|Central University of Karnataka - [CUK] - Gulbarga||160|
For Cut Off of other courses,Click Here
CUCET 2020 Counselling Process
CUCET 2020 Counselling
The 1st counseling merit list has been released in online mode. Candidates can access it from today i.e. Oct 20, 2020. All the universities conduct their own counseling process separately for different academic programs offered by them. Some major components of CUCET Counselling are highlighted below:
- After the announcement of the result or list, the candidates will be required to attend the counselling in order to complete the document verification and admission processes.
- The counseling is scheduled only for the shortlisted candidates. It should be noted that the Counselling for participating universities is done separately by the respective universities.
- Students are allotted seats during counselling. The allotment will be purely based on the candidate’s rank and availability of seats for the preferred course.
- You need to register for attending the CUCET 2020 counselling session.
- CUCET 2020 Counselling is strictly based on the merit list that is prepared as per marks in the entrance examination.
- The counselling process includes the score obtained in written test and interview that will carry a weight of 60% and 40% respectively.
- Candidates, who qualify NET/JRF/SLET/Teacher Fellowship will be exempted from the written test. For them, the interview will carry 100% weight.
- Universities from the state: Central University Common Entrance Test is commonly referred to as CUCET. The Universities of Tamil Nadu, Jammu, Jharkhand, Kashmir, Haryana, Kerala, Punjab and Rajasthan jointly conducts this entrance exam, available for students across India.
- The test is for the candidates willing to gain admissions into the Graduate-level, PG Level, and Ph.D. level course at the above mentioned University.
Courses Through CUCET 2020
Courses Offered Through CUCET 2020
- Students can take CUCET 2020 exam for admission to different courses offered by the 10 participating universities.
- Courses offered under CUCET 2020 include Undergraduate, Integrated, Postgraduate, Diploma, and PhD programs.
- Central Universities of Punjab, Haryana, Jammu, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kashmir, Kerala, Rajasthan, South Bihar, Tamil Nadu, and Bangalore School of Economics will participate in CUCET 2020 exam.
Total number of courses offered by CUCET 2020
|Name of Course||Number of Courses across Universities|
|UG and Integrated Courses||47|
|B.Ed., PG, M.Ed., Integrated M.Sc. B. Ed. & PG Diploma Programs||226|
CUCET 2020 Eligibility
CUCET Answer Key 2020
The university has released the final answer key of CUCET 2020 for PG and Research programs on October 2. The final answer key of CUCET 2020 for UG courses was released on September 30 after considering all the objections by the candidates. The provisional answer key of CUCET 2020 had been released for UG/PG programs on September 21, and for Research programs. Candidates can check their responses and the correct answers to them with the help of CUCET 2020 answer key. If a candidate finds any discrepancy in the answers provided by them they can raise an objection for the same.
How to Download CUCET 2020 Answer Key
Visit the official website of CUCET.
Click on “Answer Key” tab.
Enter the application number and date of birth.
Click on “Login” tab.
Candidates can now check the CUCET answer key 2020 in the form of pdf.
CUCET Merit List 2020
The participating universities have started releasing the merit list of CUCET 2020 from October 19 onwards. CUCET 2020 merit list mention the list of candidates eligible for counselling based on cut off marks and rank. Candidates must note that the minimum marks mentioned for similar subjects is different for different participating universities. Candidates who are shortlisted in CUCET 2020 merit list for the different programs must make sure to attend the online/offline counselling procedure conducted by the participating university.
How to download CUCET Merit List 2020
Click on the official link (the link of all the participating universities will be given separately as soon as the merit list will be out)
Click on the subject of your choice
A PDF containing the list of students along with their number and CET score will be displayed.
Download the merit list of CUET 2020 for further reference
CUCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are a total of 10 universities participating under CUCET 2020. Each university has different criteria of eligibility for candidates. There are mainly three types of courses offered by CUCET 2020. Candidates can apply for UG, Integrated PG, and research programs. It is advisable that students go through the specific CUCET Eligibility Criteria of each university individually for their respective courses before applying for CUCET 2020.
|UG||50% in 12th||Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology||General|
|45% in 12th||SC/ST|
|PG||55% in UG||Bachelor’s in the same field Or any associated field of the course in which you wish to take Masters||General|
|50% in UG||SC/ST|
CUCET 2020 Eligibility for Ph.D. Program
- If a candidate has cleared UGC-CSIR JRF, GATE, NBHM or qualified in any other national level exams then you need not appear for the entrance test but will have to register for CUCET 2020.
- A master’s degree in any stream with a minimum of 55% for general candidates, 50% for OBC candidates, and 45% for SC/ST/PWD candidates is required.
Know More Details About CUCET Eligibility Criteria
Since all Universities have their own course-specific eligibility criteria, so all candidates need to enter university code in the application form to indicate university where the candidate is seeking admission.
To make things a little easier for you, we have collated a sheet of university codes:
|Central University of Haryana||CUHAR|
|Central University of Jammu||CUJAM|
|Central University of Jharkhand||CUJHD|
|Central University of Karnataka||CUKNK|
|Central University of Kashmir||CUKAS|
|Central University of Kerala||CUKER|
|Central University of Punjab||CUPUN|
|Central University of Rajasthan||CURAJ|
|Central University of South Bihar||CUSBR|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||CUTND|
CUCET 2020 Application Form
- Candidates can avail the CUCET 2020 Application Form via online / Offline both mode.
- The application form can be filled till May 23, 2020.
- Fill all the mandatory details in the application such as personal, academic, communication & many others.
- Upload the scanned images of latest photograph and signature.
- Make the application fee payment through online or offline mode.
- Candidates don’t forget to take a printout of the filled application form and keep it safe for future references.
- Fee can be paid by debit/credit card/net banking or Challan of SBI bank any branch.
- GST and other taxes as applicable by Govt. of India/ Bank.
- The PwD candidates are exempted from application fee.
- The application for other categories is mentioned here:
|Category||Payment through online/debit/credit card||Payment through Challan|
|Application Fees*||Application Fee||Bank Commission||Total Fee to be paid|
|General/OBC||INR 800 for three PUs||INR 800||INR 50||INR 850|
|SC/ST||INR 350 for three PUs||INR 350||INR 400|
|PWD||Exempted from Application Fee|
CUCET 2020 Admit Card
- CUCET Admit Card of an applicant was sent his/her CUCET registered email Id. Download and print the admit card.
- The admit card was available for only successfully registered candidates.
- Details present on admit card included exam centre, roll number, exam date, timing, etc.
- Admit card had to be carried mandatorily on the day of the exam.
CUCET 2020 Exam Centers
- CUCET was conducted in 76 cities across the country.
- In case less than 100 students registered for a test center then it will automatically be canceled.
- A nearby center was allocated in place of the canceled center.
CUCET 2020 Exam Pattern
CUCET Exam Pattern details are mentioned here:
- Type of Question: Only Multiple Choice Questions were asked in the examination.
- Parts: The exam was conducted in two parts, i.e. Part A and Part B.
- Part-A: This section contained topics from the English language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude, and analytical skills.
- Part-B: This part was divided into three sections and consisted of a total of 75 MCQs from the domain knowledge.
- Duration: The exam duration was 2 hours.
- Exam Mode: The exam was organized through online mode.
- Marking Scheme: Three marks were given for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: One mark was deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Pattern: The exam was conducted in OMR pattern.
CUCET 2020 Syllabus
The syllabus for different undergraduate, postgraduate and integrated courses is compiled below for the reference of candidates. Download CUCET 2020 Syllabus for different courses in PDF format from the links provided below:
Syllabus for Undergraduate Programs
|Syllabus for UG and Integrated Programs|
Integrated B.Sc.B.Ed. (Mathematics)
Integrated Science B.Sc.M.Sc.
Integrated B.A.LLB. (Hons)
Syllabus for PG and Integrated Programs
|Syllabus for PG|
|B. Ed.||Click Here|
|Master of Law (L.L.M)||Click Here|
|M. Arch. (Sustainable Architecture)||Click Here|
Frequently Asked Questions
CUCET 2020 FAQs
Ques: When will CUCET 2020 Result be declared?
Ans. The results were out on Oct 17, 2020. Soon after the declaration of result, the cut-off will be released and counseling process will start.
Ques: What is the expected CUCET 2020 cut off?
Ans. Each institute will release its own cut off list for admission into various courses. Candidates have to qualify the minimum cut off criteria to get admission.
Ques: Who is the conducting body of CUCET 2020?
Ans. CUCET 2020 will be conducted and organized by Central University of Rajasthan.
Ques: How many times is CUCET conducted in a year?
Ans. CUCET is conducted once in a year, mainly in the month of June(tentatively).
Ques: Does CUCET involve interview rounds for all programmes?
Ans. No. Interview round is conducted for selected courses in CUCET, typically for candidates applying for MSc/MA in Digital Society course. The entire weightage of interview round is 25%.
Ques: What is the fee structure for CUCET 2020?
Ans. The fee structure for CUCET 2020 is as follows:
- UR/OBC/EWS – Rs. 800
- SC/ST – Rs. 350
- Pwd – Nil
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College