Table of Contents
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Dates(Announced), Admit Card, Pattern and Syllabus
CUSAT CAT is a university level exam conducted by Cochin University for admission to B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Phil, M.Voc, MCA, M.Sc and other programs offered by various colleges under the university. CUSAT CAT 2020 exam dates have been announced. CUSAT CAT 2020 exam to be conducted from July 27 – 28, 2020.
- CUSAT CAT Application Form 2020 has been released on January 8, 2020. The deadline for regular CUSAT CAT Registration has been extended till February 10 while late registration can be done upto February 15, 2020.
- This year, CUSAT CAT 2020 was scheduled conducted in online mode on April 18 - 19, 2020 for various courses however it stands postponed due to COVID-19 crisis.
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card release has been postponed amid nationwide lockdown due to COVID – 19 Outbreak
- Candidates have to answer 250 multiple choice questions in 3 hours. Check CUSAT CAT Exam Pattern
- Candidates are required to preserve the CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card till the counselling concludes.
Highlights of CUSAT CAT 2020
Highlights of CUSAT 2020 Exam are tabulated below:
|Conducting Body||Cochin University|
|Application Mode of CUSAT CAT 2020||Online|
|Duration of CUSAT CAT 2020||3 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
|Paper 2||Chemistry and Physics|
|Courses offered||B.Tech, M.Tech, M.Phil, M.Voc, MCA, MA, M.Sc, LLB etc.|
Important Dates for CUSAT CAT 2020
CUSAT CAT 2020 exam scheduled is given in the following table:
|Application Process Commencement (except PhD/M.Phil/Diploma or certificate programs)||January 8, 2020 (Released)|
|Last date to fill the Application Form||February 10, 2020 (Extended)|
|Last day of submitting the form with late fee||February 11 – 15, 2020|
|Availability of online Admit Card||March 27 to April 19, 2020|
|Date of CUSAT CAT 2020 Examination||July 27 – 28, 2020|
|Declaration of Result||May 2020|
|Commencement of counselling process||July 2020|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Cochin University has prescribed the minimum CUSAT CAT eligibility criteria which candidates need to fulfil to apply for the exam. Candidates from Kerala Scheduled Caste and Kerala Scheduled Tribe are eligible to apply if they have minimum pass marks. Candidates applying for M.Tech programs are eligible for 5% relaxation if they have a valid GATE score.
Eligibility criteria for CUSAT CAT for UG courses are as follows:
- Candidates are required to pass 10+2 examination from a recognized board or university with required subjects.
- Aspirants must have scored at least 50% marks in their qualifying examination.
- Candidates having any backlog in 10+2 are not eligible to apply.
- Eligibility for 3 year LLB course is that a candidate must be an employee of Central Government and be staying within a radius of 30 km from CUSAT, Thrikkakara campus.
The eligibility criteria for postgraduate courses is as follows:
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in the required field.
- The minimum marks required in qualifying degree is at least 60%.
- Note that minimum marks required may differ for each course.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Form
CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Form has been available online from January 8, 2020. Candidates are advised to read official notification carefully in order to avoid any kind of error in the application form. Candidates can follow the following steps to fill online application form. Candidates must first choose from the 2 options available in the registration page:
- Online Registration Indian Citizen/NRI
- International Candidates/PIO/Children of Indian Gulf Workers
Step 1: Registration Process
- Candidates have to register online by filling personal details such Name, Phone Number, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, and e-mail ID.
- A user ID and password is generated at this stage details for which are sent on email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates are advised to change the allotted password.
Step 2: Fill CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Form
Detailed educational qualification, Date of Birth, Category of candidates, Nationality, Address, Annual Income of Parents and other details are required to be filled in the application form. Candidates should fill all the details carefully before submitting their application form. Any incorrect information in the application form can lead to cancellation of the candidature.
Step 3: Upload Photograph and Signature
Candidates are required to upload photo and signature in the specifications given below:
- Photograph should be of JPG file format of size 4 kb to 100 kb
- The signature should be of JPG file format of size 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Photograph and image should not be blurred otherwise application form will be rejected by exam conducting authorities.
Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
Candidates are required to pay the CUSAT CAT 2020 Application Fee online by opting any of the three methods given below:
- Credit Card
- Debit Card
- Net Banking
There is no other method to pay the application fee.
Candidates applying on the basis of GATE or any other management examinations must email their scores to firstname.lastname@example.org before the online submission of application form. No help will be provided in case a candidate loses or forgets his/her email ID, password or mobile number.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Application fee
The application fee as per the category of candidates is given below:
|International Candidates||USD 100|
|NRI Candidates||INR 6000|
Note: Fee once paid will not be refunded.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card
CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card can be downloaded by visiting the official website from March 27 to April 19, 2020 onwards. It is essential to download CUSAT 2020 Admit Card to appear for the exam as entry without admit card is not permitted in the examination hall.
The following steps can be followed to download CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card:
Step 1: Visit the CUSAT CAT 2020 official website
Step 2: After visiting the website, click on the tab for “CUSAT 2020 Admit Card Download”.
Step 3: Enter the Registration Number and Date of Birth
Step 4: After filling the details, click on the ‘submit’ tab.
Step 5: The online admit card for will appear on the screen.
Step 6: Download and print copies of the same. Admit card should be preserved for further use.
Note: In case candidates have any issue or discrepancy in the admit card, they can conduct exam conducting authorities on the following number:
Contact Number: 1800 266 7754
CUSAT CAT 2020 Test Centers
Candidates are required to select their preferred exam center while filling the application form. Selection of exam center should be done carefully as it is not possible to change the center afterward. List of exam centers is given below:
|District Head Quarters of Kerala||Thiruvananthapuram|
CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
CUSAT CAT 2020 is conducted for courses of various fields, therefore exam pattern for each exam differs. Each exam has different paper code. The exam is, however conducted in online mode. Given below are the exam codes for each exam.
|Program / Subject of Test||Test Code|
|Test for all B Tech and MSc Photonics (5 year integrated) Comprising of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry||101|
|B Let (Lateral Entry to B Tech)||102|
|Aptitude Test for 5 Year Honours degree in B.B.A, LL.B/ B.Com, LL.B.||201|
|Test for M.A. Hindi||301|
|Aptitude Test for MCA||501|
|Aptitude Test for MCA Lateral Entry (MLET)/ MSc (Computer Science)||502|
|Biotechnology-Comprises of Zoology, Botany and Chemistry||601|
|Fisheries / Fisheries Science||608|
|Law (for LL.M Programmes)||610|
|Aptitude Test for 3 year LLB (Evening) (Regular)||619|
|Aptitude Test for LLM(IPR) PhD / LLM(IP) PhD||620|
|Aptitude Test for M Voc Mobile Phone Application Development||621|
|Aptitude Test for M Voc Technology and Management Consulting||622|
Calculation of Marks in CAT
CUSAT CAT marks can be calculated through a formula, S = 3R - 1W. The abbreviations have been expanded below,
S: Score obtained in CAT exam
R: Number of Right Answers
W: Number of Wrong Answers
For programs where score in based on more than one test, rank lists are drawn up on the basis of the Percentile Index determined by the formula, [(n+1-p)/n)]x S x 100
n: is the number of candidates appearing for the Test in a particular subject
p: is the position according to the CAT score
S: is the actual score of the candidate.
The Percentile Indices are then integrated to obtain the relative position of a candidate in the rank list for a particular program.
Detailed CUSAT CAT 2020 Exam Pattern
CUSAT CAT 2020 Result
CUSAT 2020 Result will be declared on the official website on May 25, 2020 after the successful conduction of the exam. The result will be declared online and candidates will not be informed individually about the result. After the declaration of result, merit list of candidates will also be released as per the marks obtained by candidates.
Steps to download the scorecard is as follows:
- Log in the official website, cusat.nic.in
- Enter your roll number, date of birth and date of exam
- The result will be displayed along with course choice and rank
- Download and keep a copy of the same
CUSAT 2020 Answer Key will be released after conduction of the exam. It is expected to be released on May 6, 2020. Candidates can check answers of their attempted questions from the answer key and can count the probable score. Candidates are also given chance to raise an objection in case they found any mistake in the answer key.
CUSAT CAT 2020 Cut Off
CUSAT CAT 2020 Cut Off will be declared by exam conducting authorities which will form the basis for counselling. Cut off varies for different colleges and streams. There are certain parameters on which cut off depend as mentioned below:
- Number of candidates applying for the exam
- Difficulty level of the examination
- Number of vacant seats in different institutes
CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling
CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling will be conducted for successful candidates as per their rank in the merit list. Candidates, who will qualify the entrance exam, will be given a chance to participate in the counseling. Candidates have to select their preferred colleges and streams and allotment will be done on the basis of rank in the Merit list. Candidates should keep the following points in mind while appearing for CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling:
- Candidates are required to register themselves at the counselling venue.
- Qualified candidates will be allotted their preferred branches & colleges as per their rank in the merit list.
- Candidates should carry original documents at the time of counselling.
- If candidates fail to report at the allotted institute as per the mentioned date, their seat shall be cancelled.
Documents Required for CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling
Candidates appearing for CUSAT CAT 2020 Counselling have to carry two sets of photocopies along with the original certificates of the following listed documents:
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Admit Card
- Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Class 10 pass certificate
- Class 10+2 Mark Sheet
- Class 10+2 pass certificate
- Migration Certificate (Students from Universities outside Kerala state)
- CUSAT CAT 2020 Application registration confirmation page
- Domicile Certificate to prove that the candidate belongs to Kerala.
- Transfer Certificate from the school/Institution last attended in English
- Four passport size photographs
- Conduct/Character Certificate from the school/Institution last attended (in English)
- Candidates belonging to reserved category ‘SEBC’ need to carry Community Certificate and Non-Creamy Layer Certificate issued by the competent authority
- Sports Eligibility Certificate issued by Kerala State Sports Council for candidates who want admission under sports quota.
- Community certificate issued by the Tahsildar for claiming admission under Kerala Scheduled Caste (KSC)/ Kerala Scheduled Tribe (KST) category if mentioned in the application form.
- Candidates who want to claim fee concession should bring OEC certificate issued by the competent authority
- Physically Handicapped certificate for candidates seeking admission under physically challenged (PHC) category
Final admission will be given to candidates who produce the required documents during the counselling. For courses such as BBA LLB and BCom LLB, candidates will have to clear the group discussion and interview round for final admission. 15% weightage on GD and Interview will be given individually for candidates pursuing LLM courses.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College