DU LLB Counselling 2021 will be organized by the Faculty of Law, Delhi University to grant admission to students against 2922 LLB seats offered in its 3 campuses on the basis of scores obtained in DU LLB 2021. The selection will be done in offline mode.
- Candidates will have to register for the counselling at the official website and rank the 3 campuses in order of their preference.
- The campuses have different class timings which should be taken into consideration while filling the preference.
- DU will release category wise LLB Cutoff on the basis of which admission will be granted.
- Shortlisted candidates must report at the venue as per the time and schedule allotted to them.
- Candidates will be allotted seats taking into account their preference, marks and seat matrix.
- Candidates who are allotted seats must report at the campuses with all original documents and fees to finish admission formalities.
- DU LB first admission list for PwD and CW candidates has been released on the officially.
- DU LLB second admission list for LLB and LLM has been released. Deadline for confirmation of seats is Dec 10, 2020 and fee payment is Dec 13, 2020.
- Date for admission against the third merit list is December 15- 17, 2020.
- Qualified candidates must check the same and confirm the college to book a seat.
- Third admission list for MSc Genetics and MSc Microbiology has also been released by the University. Shortlist candidates must complete the counselling session conducted online. Deadline for fee payment is December 20, 2020.
DU LLB Counselling Schedule 2021
|Start of DU LLB Counselling (1st Allotment List)||Fourth week of July, 2021|
|Document Verification & Approval of Admission (Round 1)||Fourth week of July, 2021|
|Notification of 2nd Allotment List||First week of August, 2021|
|Document Verification & Approval of Admission (Round 2)||Second week of August, 2021|
|Notification of 3rd Allotment List||Third week of August, 2021|
|Document Verification & Approval of Admission (Round 3)||Fourth week of August, 2021|
Steps to Register for DU LLB Counselling 2021
Follow the steps mentioned below to register for counselling in online mode:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of DU LLB Counselling
Step 2: Click ‘DU LLB Counselling 2021’ link when available.
Step 3: Enter login credentials to get into your registered account for DU LLB 2021.
Step 4: A new page will open with the Counselling Registration Form.
Step 5: Fill in the form, your name, roll number, qualifying examination details and preferred colleges for admission etc in the prescribed space and click on submit.
Instructions for DU LLB Counselling 2021
Listed below are some of the general instructions related to DU LLB Counselling Process:
- The entrance exam counselling will be held in offline mode wherein shortlisted candidates will be called at the University campus.
- DU may organize 5 rounds of counselling for DU LLB admissions 2021 depending on the number of seats and applicants.
- The counselling will be organized for each category of candidates namely General, EWS, SC, ST, OBC, and PwD.
- The admissions will be done as per the rank secured by the candidates in DU LLB entrance exam.
- Shortlisted candidates should be present in person at the time of counselling with the required documents at the campus.
- In case, the candidate doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria or is not able to attend the counselling, the seat of that candidate will be transferred to the next candidate in merit.
- After the seat is allotted to the candidate, the admission fee has to be paid within the given time. If the candidate fails to submit the admission fee, the seat will be cancelled and transferred to the next candidate on merit.
- Once DU LLB 2021 seat allotment for each round has been done and the admission fee has been paid, no further requests regarding rescheduling of DU LLB 2021 counselling will be entertained.
Required Documents for DU LLB Counselling
The students called for counselling have to report at the venue with the following documents/ certificates in original along with the Xerox copies of the documents:
- DU LLB Admit Card
- Rank card/ merit list
- Class 10th passing certificate and one photocopy of the same
- Class 12th passing certificate and one photocopy of the same
- DU LLB Application Form
- Character Certificate
- Degree Certificate (provisional certificate if applicable)/ Migration certificate of qualifying Degree examination.
- College leaving certificate
- Mark sheet of the qualifying degree examination
- Scheduled Caste/ Tribe/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ PH / CW certificate (if required)
- Eight passport size photographs
DU LLB Merit List 2021
The counselling process of DU LLB 2021 will be done according to the merit list released by the Faculty of Law. The list can be checked and downloaded from the official website. It will contain the details such as name, roll number, marks and category rank of the test takers.
Instructions for Merit list 2021
- The merit list of DU LLB 2021 will be issued in both offline and online mode.
- The candidates appearing for the entrance exam can check the merit list at the University campus as well as download it online.
- It will present the overall rank and rank as per the candidate’s category.
- Accordingly, the counselling for DU LLB shall be based on the category rank.
- The merit list once issued by the University will be final and no further changes or requests shall be entertained.
DU LLB Seat Allotment 2021
The following process will be adopted for DU LLB Seat allotment 2021:
- The allotment of seats 2021 will be processed only after the verification of documents to be held in the third week of July, 2021.
- A total number of seats for LLB Program at Delhi University is 2922 which will be allotted to the candidates as per the issued merit list and after the eligibility criteria are met. In case, any shortlisted candidate fails to meet the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and the next candidate in merit will be allotted the seat.
- Out of 2922, 381 seats are reserved for supernumerary categories comprising Foreign Nationals, War Widows, and Physically Handicapped. Further, the university will also consider reservation rules according to the norms of the University Grants Commission (UGC) and Bar Council of India (BCI).
Instructions for Seat Allotment
Following are the instructions for the seat allotment process for DU LLB 2021:
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates in three participating institutions- Campus Law center, Law center I and Law center II.
- The candidates have to attend the counselling in person for the seat allotment process.
- The candidates will be allotted seats according to their rank in the merit list and as per the schedule.
- All the important documents are required for attending the seat allotment sessions.
- Before allotting seats, the candidates have to prove the eligibility.
- If any candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria, his/her seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
- If any candidate fails to be present during the counselling rounds, the same procedure of transfer will be followed.
- The seats allotted to a candidate shall be deemed to be final and no further request for change will be entertained.
- The seat allotment will be considered final if and only the fees for LLB Program has been paid.
DU LLB 2021 Seat Matrix
Delhi University has 3 campuses offering admission to the candidates in LLB program. It is a 3-year UG Program. The category wise seat matrix is given below:
DU LLB 2021 Counseling FAQs
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of counselling?
Ans. Documents required at the time of counselling are: Admit Card, Rank Card, 10th & 12th certificates and marksheets,Qualifying exam degree, passport size photo.
Ques. What are the number of seats required for general category candidates?
Ans. No. of seats for general category candidates are 389 in each campus (CLC, LC1, LC2)
Ques. I was not able to attend the counselling process. Is it possible to reserve my seat?
Ans. In case you miss to attend the counselling process, your seat will not be reserved. It will be passed on to the next candidate in the merit list.
Ques. How many total seats are there in DU LLB 2021?
Ans. There are a total 2922 seats in LLB program of DU, which are allotted as per the issued merit list and once all the eligibility is met.
Ques. What is mentioned in the merit list and is it available in online or offline mode?
Ans. The merit list will be present in both online and offline mode. It consists of the overall rank and rank as per the category of the candidate.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.