DU LLB Counselling: The Faculty of Law, Delhi University will organize the counselling process for DU LLB entrance exam qualifiers. There is no change in the conducting mode i.e. the selection will be done in offline mode. Shortlisted candidates must report at the venue as per the time and schedule allotted to them.
This year, DU LLB 2019 is scheduled for June 19 (tentative) and the results will be available by the end of June 2019. A call letter will be issued to those who secure marks and scores according to the merit list issued by the university. A maximum of 5 rounds of counselling rounds will be conducted, the 1st round will begin from July 2019. Qualifiers must report at the allotted Campus with all the original documents.
DU LLB Counselling Schedule 2019
|Start of DU LLB Counselling (1st Allotment List)||July 2019|
|Document Verification & Approval of Admission (Round 1)||July 2019|
|Notification of 2nd Allotment List||July 2019|
|Document Verification & Approval of Admission (Round 2)||July 2019|
|Notification of 3rd Allotment List||August 2019|
|Document Verification & Approval of Admission (Round 3)||August 2019|
Steps to Register for DU LLB Counselling
Follow the steps mentioned below to register for counselling in online mode:
Step 1: Visit the official portal of DU LLB Counselling
Step 2: Click ‘DU LLB Counselling 2019’ link (available shortly).
Step 3: Enter login credentials to get into your registered account for DU LLB 2019.
Step 4: A new page will open with the Counselling Registration Form (available shortly)
Step 5: Download the form, fill in your name, roll number, qualifying examination details and preferred colleges for admission etc in the prescribed space. and send it to the DU officials
Instructions for DU LLB Counselling
Listed below are some general instructions related to DU LLB counselling process:
- The entrance exam counselling will be held in the computer based mode wherein shortlisted candidates will be called at the University campus.
- DU may organize 5 rounds of counselling for DU LLB admissions 2019.
- The counselling will be organized for each category of candidates namely General, SC, ST, OBC and PwD.
- The admissions will be done as per the rank secured by the candidates in DU LLB entrance exam.
- Shortlisted candidates should be present in person at the time of counselling with the required documents at the campus.
- In case, the candidate doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria or is not able to attend the counselling, the seat of that candidate will be transferred to the next candidate in merit.
- After the seat is allotted to the candidate, the admission fee has to be paid within the given time. If the candidate fails to submit the admission fee, the seat will be cancelled and transferred to the next candidate in merit.
- Once DU LLB 2019 seat allotment for each round has been done and the admission fee has been paid, no further requests regarding re-scheduling of DU LLB 2019 counselling will be entertained.
DU LLB Counselling: Required Documents
The students called for counselling have to report at the venue with the following documents/ certificates in original along with the Xerox copies of the documents:
- DU LLB Admit Card
- Application form
- Rank card/ merit list
- Class 10th passing certificate and one photocopy of the same
- Class 12th passing certificate and one photocopy of the same
- Character Certificate
- Degree Certificate (provisional certificate if applicable)/ Migration certificate of qualifying Degree examination.
- College leaving certificate
- Mark sheet of the qualifying degree examination
- Scheduled Caste/ Tribe/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ PH / CW certificate (if required)
- Eight passport size photographs
DU LLB Merit list
The counselling process of DU LB 2019 will be done according to the merit list, which will be issued in the last week of June by the University. The list can be checked and downloaded from the official website. It will contain the details such as name, roll number, marks and category rank of the test takers.
Instructions for Merit list 2019
- The merit list of DU LLB 2019 will be issued in both offline and online mode.
- The candidates appearing for the entrance exam can check at the merit list at the University campus as well as download it online.
- It will present the overall rank and rank as per the candidate’s category.
- Accordingly, the counselling for DU LLB shall be based on the category rank.
- The merit list once issued by the University will be final and no further changes or requests shall be entertained.
DU LLB SeatAllotment
The following process will be adopted for DU LLB 2019:
- The allotment of seats 2019 will be processed only after the verification of documents from third week of July 2019.
- Total number of seats for LLB Program at Delhi University is 2611 which will be allotted to the candidates as per the issued merit list and after the eligibility criteria is met. In case, any shortlisted candidate fails to meet the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and next candidate in merit will be allotted the seat.
- Out of 2611 seats, 301 seats are reserved for supernumerary categories comprising Foreign Nationals, War Widows, and Physically Handicapped. Further, the university will also consider reservation rule according to the norms of University Grants Commission (UGC) and Bar Council of India (BCI).
Instructions for Seat Allotment
Following are the instructions for the seat allotment process for DU LLB 2019:
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates in the three participating institutions- Campus Law center, Law center I and Law center II.
- The candidates have to attend the counselling in person for the seat allotment process.
- The candidates will be allotted seats according to their rank in the merit list and as per the schedule.
- All the important documents are required for attending the seat allotment sessions.
- Before allotting seats, the candidates have to prove the eligibility.
- If any candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria, his/her seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
- If any candidate fails to be present during the counselling rounds, the same procedure of transfer will be followed, i.e. his/her seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
- The seats allotted to a candidate shall be deemed to be final and no further request for change will be entertained.
- The seat allotment will be considered final if and only the fees for LLB Program has been paid.
DU LLB Participating Institutions
Delhi University has 3 campuses offering admissions to the candidates in LLB. It is a 3-year UG Program. The following are the participating institutions under counselling:
|Participating Institute||Number of Seats|
|Campus Law Center||871|
|Law Center I||1044|
|Law Center II||696|
The duration of the course is of 3 years, divided into 6 semesters. The fees for each year has to be paid at the starting of each academic year. The break-up of the fee structure has been explained below:
|Fee||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College