The counselling for DU LLB 2018 entrance exam is conducted by Faculty of Law, DU. It will be processed from the 4th week of July, 2018. DU LLB 2018 Counselling will held in the offline mode. The selected candidates will be called at the University Campus. The University will schedule a second counselling in the first week of August 2018, if required.
The number of students appeared in DU LLB 2015 for the entrance exam for the admissions into the LLB Programme was more than 10,000 students. This year it is expected that the number of students that will appear for the exam will most probably be 15,000. However, total number of seats for the LLB Programme is 2611.
There may be as many as 5 rounds of counselling, starting from first week of July 2018 and the second round from the first week of August 2018. The schedule is proposed to be held at the University campus, New Delhi. It is mandatory for all candidates to be present physically at the scheduled venue for counselling. No representative is authorized to be present on behalf of the candidate. The admissions to the LLB course will include document verification and seat allotment as per merit.
DU LLB Counselling will held offline and it will be conducted in around 5 rounds as per the need. Following table consist the important dates related to DU LLB Counselling:
|Activity||Scheduled date (Tentative)|
|Date of entrance examination||June 18, 2018|
|Expected date of result||July 4, 2018|
|Display of Answer key||1st week of July 2018|
|DU LLB Counselling||4th week of July 2018|
Instructions for DU LLB Counselling
It is important to be aware of some general points regarding the DU LLB counselling procedure before the admissions. Here are the general instructions:
- The entrance exam counselling will be held in the offline mode wherein shortlisted candidates will be called at the University campus.
- DU may organize 5 rounds of counselling for DU LLB admissions 2018.
- The counselling will be organized for each category of candidates including General, SC, ST, OBC and PwD.
- The admissions will be done as per the rank secured by the candidates in the DU LLB entrance exam.
- The selected candidates should be present in person for the DU LLB 2018 counselling with the required documents at the campus.
- If, in any case, the candidate doesn’t meet the eligibility criteria or is not able to attend the counselling, the seat of that candidate shall be allotted to the next candidate in merit.
- After the seat is allotted to the candidate, the admission fee has to be paid within the given time. If the candidate fails to submit the admission fee, the seat will be cancelled and transferred to the next candidate in merit.
- Once DU LLB 2018 seat allotment for each round has been done and the admission fee has been paid, no further requests regarding re-scheduling of DU LLB 2018 counselling will be entertained.
The students called for counselling have to report at the venue. Candidates have to report at the venue with the following documents/ certificates in original along with the Xerox copies of the documents:
- DU LLB Admit Card
- Application form
- Rank card/ merit list
- Class 10th passing certificate and one photocopy of the same
- Class 12th passing certificate and one photocopy of the same
- Character Certificate
- Degree Certificate (provisional certificate if applicable)/ Migration certificate of qualifying Degree examination.
- College leaving certificate
- Mark sheet of the qualifying degree examination
- Scheduled Caste/ Tribe/ OBC (non-creamy layer)/ PH / CW certificate (if required)
- Eight passport size photographs
The counselling process of DU LB 2018 will be made organized according to the merit list of the candidates, which will be issued in the last week of June by the University. The merit list of DU LLB 2018 can be checked and downloaded from the official website. The merit list 2018 will contain the details such as name, roll number, marks and category rank.
Instructions for Merit list 2018
Here are some points for you to be guided for Merit list 2018:
- The merit list of DU LLB 2018 will be issued in both offline and online mode. The candidates appearing for the entrance exam can check at the merit list at the University campus as well as download it online.
- The merit list will present the overall rank and the category rank of the candidates.
- Accordingly, the counselling for DU LLB shall be based on the category rank.
- The merit list once issued by the University will be final and no further changes or requests shall be entertained.
How To Download Merit List 2018
Below are the steps to download the merit list for DU LLB 2018:
- The first step is to visit the official link and click on the link of merit list 2018.
- The link will open the merit list page. The candidate’s name will appear in the list.
- Then the candidate has to check his/her category rank and overall rank and click on it.
- Lastly, download the merit list of DU LLB 2018.
Seat Allotment Process
The following process will be adopted for DU LLB 2018:
- The allotment of seats 2018 will be processed only after the verification of documents from third week of July 2018.
- Total number of seats for LLB Programme at Delhi University is 2611 which will be allotted to the candidates as per the issued merit list and after the eligibility criteria is met. In case, any shortlisted candidate fails to meet the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature shall be cancelled and next candidate in merit will be allotted the seat.
- Out of 2611 seats, 301 seats are reserved for supernumerary categories comprising Foreign Nationals, War Widows, and Physically Handicapped. Further, the university will also consider reservation rule according to the norms of University Grants Commission (UGC) and Bar Council of India (BCI).
Instructions for Seat Allotment 2018
Following are the instructions for the seat allotment process for DU LLB 2018:
- The seats will be allotted to the candidates in the three participating institutions- Campus Law center, Law center I and Law center II.
- The candidates have to attend the counselling in person for the seat allotment process.
- The candidates will be allotted seats according to their rank in the merit list and as per the schedule.
- All the important documents are required for attending the seat allotment sessions.
- Before allotting seats, the candidates have to prove the eligibility.
- If any candidate fails to meet the eligibility criteria, his/her seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
- If any candidate fails to be present during the counselling rounds, the same procedure of transfer will be followed, i.e. his/her seat will be allotted to the next candidate.
- The seats allotted to a candidate shall be deemed to be final and no further request for change will be entertained.
- The seat allotment will be considered final if and only the fees for LLB Programme has been paid.
Delhi University has 3 campuses offering admissions to the candidates in LLB. It is a 3-year UG Programme. The following are the participating institutions under counselling:
|Participating Institute||Number of Seats|
|Campus Law Center||871|
|Law Center I||1044|
|Law Center II||696|
The duration of the course is of 3 years, divided into 6 semesters. The fees for each year has to be paid at the starting of each academic year. The break-up of the fee structure has been explained below:
|Fee||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College