Exam pattern for DU LLB was changed by The Faculty of Law in the year 2017. The law entrance examination is now conducted in online (computer-based) mode every year in the month of June/July.
DU LLB Entrance Exam will be tentatively conducted in the month of June 2021. Registration window for the examination is expected to open in the month of April 2021. DU LLB 2021 exam pattern will be similar to last year.
- The instruction guide will be in both Hindi and English.
- Paper will be of 2 hours and all questions will be MCQ based.
- Each right answer will be awarded 4 marks and 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer. No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions.
- Paper will be divided into 4 sections- General Knowledge, English Language, Analytical Abilities and Legal awareness and aptitude.
DU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern- Highlights
|DU LLB Exam Mode||Online|
|Question Paper type||Objective (MCQs)|
|Number of Sections||4|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer: + 4 Incorrect Answer: -1|
|Exam duration||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Medium of language||English|
DU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern– Details
The paper for the LLB course is divided into four sections,English Language Comprehension, General Knowledge, Analytical Abilities, and Legal Awareness and Aptitude.The first section aims to check a candidate’s ability to logically solve a situation. The second section tests a candidate’s interest and knowledge for Law. Other sections evaluate candidate’s passage comprehension ability, mathematics and basic english knowledge.
Mode of Exam
- The mode of examination for DU LLB changed from offline to online mode in the year 2017.
- It is a Computer Based Test, wherein, each candidate will be appointed a computer at the DU LLB Exam Center only.
- It is suggested that each test taker must practice through ‘Online Test Series’ only.
Duration of Exam
- The duration of the law entrance exam is 2 hours (120 minutes).
- It will be conducted from 12 pm to 2 pm.
- After submission of the test, candidates will not be allowed to re-enter the test hall.
Type of Questions
- Questions in the law entrance examination are objective type i.e. multiple choice questions.
- There will be four choices to a question.
- Candidates have to mark the most appropriate answer.
- There will be a question of an essay too, which is descriptive in nature.
The distribution of questions is given below-
|Subject||No. of Questions|
|English Language Comprehension||15 – 20|
|General Knowledge||20 – 25|
|Analytical Abilities||20 – 25|
|Legal Awareness and Aptitude||25 – 30|
DU LLB 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus for the DU LLB entrance test covers questions from General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Legal Aptitude, English, Mathematics, Logical Reasoning. The GK and Legal Aptitude section will carry the highest weightage in the law entrance exam. The details regarding each course in order of their weightage is provided below:
The syllabus is usually very vast and varied for this section. This section will include questions from both General Knowledge as well as Current Affairs. The questions on GK will test the static knowledge of candidates on some of the prominent aspects of national and international level. Some of the frequently asked topics are:
- Outline of Indian Economy
- National Income of India
- Indian Tax Structure
- Major Industries in India
- Banking & Finance
Legal Awareness & Aptitude
This section will test candidates’ ability and interest in understanding and solving issues of legal nature. They will have to apply their research aptitude and reasoning to solve various legal propositions. This section will cover the following topics:
- Legal fundamentals and terms
- Legal Maxims and Important Landmarks
- Supreme Court Judgments
English Language Comprehension
This section aims to test the grammatical knowledge of candidates. The questions will focus on making corrections in sentences that are grammatically incorrect, jumbled sentences, idioms, and phrases etc. It will also include passage of approximately 300 – 400 words. Candidates have to answer questions based on the main theme of the passage as well as some of the keywords present in the passage. Some of the important topics to be covered under this section are:
- Comprehension Passages
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Adjective and Determinants
- Active Passive Voice
The section is aimed at checking a candidate’s ability to analyze patterns and arguments. This would include questions on syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. Understand and analyse various conditions set in questions and deduce correct conclusions. The important topics under this section are:
- Logical Puzzles
- Statement Conclusions Derivation of Conclusions
- Cause & Effect Reasoning
- Statements Assumptions and Statement Arguments
Check detailed DU LLB Syllabus
DU LLB 2021 Recommended Books
DU LLB Entrance exam is a topmost competitive law entrance exam and it requires a thorough revision of all the topics. There is no right time to start the exam, but it is always better to start as soon as you decide to sit for the exam. Hence, it becomes important for a candidate to prepare a schedule, know where all they should study for the university-level exam. Candidates can refer the following books to prepare for the exam:
|Subject||DU LLB Books||Author|
|English||Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|Objective General English||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Mathematics||Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Exam 6th Edition||Abhijit Guha|
|Legal Aptitude||Legal Aptitude For The CLAT - Workbook: A Workbook||A.P. Bhardwaj|
|Logical Reasoning||A Modern Approach To Logical Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Analytical Reasoning||M K Pandey|
|General Knowledge||Manorama Yearbook 2021 (English)||Mammen Mathew|
|Quick Reference General Knowledge||Edgar Thorpe|
DU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques. Is there any negative marking in DU LLB 2021?
Ans. Yes, there is a negative marking in DU LLB 2021. For each wrong answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Ques. What should I practice – Objective or subjective type questions?\
Ans. In DU LLB 2021 questions will be multiple choice type. So during the exam preparation major thrust should be on solving objective type questions. Focus on your speed and accuracy.
Ques. How many sections does the DU LLB exam have?
Ans. There will be 4 sections in DU LLB 2021 namely, English Language, General Knowledge, Analytical abilities and Legal awareness and aptitude.
Ques. What is the duration of the exam?
Ans. Each candidate will be given 2 hrs to attempt the exam. Since there are 4 sections so manage your time accordingly i.e 30 minutes for each section.
Ques. How many questions will be there in each section?
Ans. The distribution of no.of questions in each section is listed below :
- English Language Comprehension – 15 to 20
- General Knowledge – 20 to 25
- Analytical Abilities – 20 to 25
- Legal Awareness and Aptitude – 25 to 30
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.