DU LLB 2021 notification has not yet been released. This year, it has been postponed due to COVID 19 crisis. DU LLB Entrance Exam is conducted in online mode for 2 hours in and will likely be held in the month of June, 2021. DU LLB 2021 Application Form will be tentatively released in April 2021. Candidates with 50% marks (general), 45% (OBC/CW/PwD), 40% (SC/ST) are eligible to appear for LLB from DU. Check DU LLB 2021 Fee & Application Form.
- July 14: DU Admission 2021 Registration process to begin from August 2, 2021 for UG courses and July 26, 2021 for PG Courses.
- June 21: DU LLB 2021 Registration Process may be delayed untill July 31, 2021.
- June 2: BCI has set up a panel in order to decide the method of exam for Law candidates.
- May 24: Candidates planning to appear for DU LLB 2021 can download practice papers for preparation. Download Here.
- April 28: DU plans to complete the admission of foreign students by the end of June 2021.
DU LLB Entrance Exam 2021 is a university level test conducted annually to shortlist aspirants for admission in the 3-year LLB Program offered at Faculty of Law, Delhi University. The faculty of law, DU is ranked 4th by The Weeks “Top Law Colleges 2019” ranking framework. LLB from DU is a 3 year course.
- DU LLB Syllabus consists of – Verbal, GK, Analytical, and Legal. The paper has 100 questions of 40 marks.
- Candidates clearing DU LLB 2021 Cutoff will be eligible to appear for the counselling round.
- Candidates can choose 3 Faculty of law campuses for admission during DU LLB 2021 Counselling Process.
DU LLB 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||DU LLB Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body of DU LLB Entrance Exam||DU’s Faculty of Law|
|DU LLB Official Website||lawfaculty.du.ac.in|
|DU LLB Entrance Exam Mode||Computer-based mode|
|Mode of DU Registration||Online|
|DU LLB Fees|| |
UR/OBC/CW – 750
EWS/SC/ST/PwD – 300
|DU LLB Seats||2922|
|DU LLB Helpdesk|| |
DU LLB 2021 Exam Dates
|DU LLB Entrance Exam Event||DU LLB 2021 (Tentative)|
|DU LLB Application Form||June 2021|
|Last date for DU LLB Registration||June 2021|
|Availability of DU LLB Admit card||June 2021|
|DU LLB 2021 Exam Date||June 2021|
|Declaration of DU LLB Result||First week of July 2021|
|DU LLB Answer Key||Second week of June, 2021|
|DU LLB 2021 Counseling||Second week of July 2021|
|DU LLB Admission||TBA|
DU LLB 2021 Eligibility
The eligibility standards are segregated as per candidate’s category and qualification as well. A brief about the same is listed below:
- Candidates must be Graduate/Post Graduate from any university recognized by UGC.
- Candidates appearing in the final year of qualifying degree examination are also eligible to appear in DU LLB.
- No candidate who has passed LL.B. course from any University shall be allowed to take admission.
- No candidate on the rolls of LL.B. or ex-student of any University shall be allowed to take admission in DU LLB. course unless they get their admission cancelled.
- Unreserved and EWS Category candidates must have at least 50% marks or an equivalent grade point in aggregate in the qualifying degree examination while OBC/CW/PwD Category and SC/ST Category Candidates must have scored at least 45% and 40% marks respectively.
DU LLB 2021 Registration Form
The application forms for the law entrance examination will be available in online mode only. For 2021, the registration window will open in June 2021. Listed below are the basic steps involved:
Part 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of DU LLB and Click on ‘New Registration’
- Enter your Name, Date of birth, and Email ID, etc.
- After filling all the credentials click on ‘submit’. You will be provided with User ID and Password on the registered id.
Part 2: Filling details in Application Form
- Log in with the user id and password provided at the time of registration.
- You will be redirected to a new page where other details must be filled.
- Candidates have to fill the following details in DU LLB Application Form: Personal details, Basic details, Educational details, Communicational details, etc.
Part 3: Upload Image and Signature
- Scan and upload the required documents:
- Passport size photograph & Scanned image of signature in jpg format.
Payment of DU LLB 2021 Fees
The registration process will not be successful without the payment of the application fee. Make note that the fee once paid will not be refunded.
- Step 1: Login to the admission portal with the help of email ID and Password
- Step 2: Choose ‘Make Payment’ Option
- Step 3: Make payment via Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
DU LLB Fees Structure:
|Category||DU LLB Fees|
|UR/ OBC/ CW||INR 750|
|(EWS/ SC/ ST/ PwD)||INR 300|
DU LLB 2021 Admit Card
DU LLB Admit Card will be released in last week of July 2021 at the official portal only. Candidates who fail to produce their admit cards on the exam day will not be allowed to appear for DU LLB 2021.
Given below are the steps to download DU LLB 2021 Admit Card:
Step 1: To download DU LLB Admit Card, go to the official website.
Step 2: Look for the link stating ‘DU LLB 2021 Admit Card’.
Step 3: Enter your Register ID and Password.
Step 4: Save and take a print out of the document.
Candidates should check the following information on Admit Card before taking the print out.
- Candidates Name
- Contact Details
- Candidates Photograph
- Examination Centre
- Timings of the Exam
DU LLB 2021 Exam Center
The convening body of DU LLB Entrance Exam releases the list of the exam centers at its official website. Candidates have to mention their preference of exam cities in the application form. It must be noted that the final allotted center is mentioned on the admit card. The centers will be allocated on a first-cum-first-serve basis.
|Jammu||Jammu & Kashmir|
DU LLB 2021 Exam Pattern
DU LLB paper pattern has not been changed since 2017. The exam pattern of DU LLB and LLM is tabulated below:
|Particulars||DU LLB Program||DU LLM Program|
|Exam Mode||Online (Computer-Based)||Online (Computer-Based)|
|Number of papers||1||1|
|Number of questions||100 Questions||100 Questions|
|Question Paper Type||Multiple Choice Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|DU LLB Total marks||400 marks||400 marks|
|Exam duration||2 hours||2 hours|
|Exam language||English only||English only|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks/ question||4 marks/ question|
|Negative Marking||-1 mark||-1 mark|
DU LLB 2021 Syllabus
Aspirants appearing for DU LLB Entrance Exam 2021 should be fully aware of the syllabus. A brief syllabus for UG program is given below:
Section 1: DU LLB Syllabus for English Language Comprehension
The questions in this section are from comprehension and grammar. They are designed in order to test a candidate’s aptitude in English. In the comprehension section, candidates are evaluated on the basis of their understanding of the passage, its central theme, the meaning of words etc. In the grammar section, candidates are required to spot the errors, fill in the blanks with an appropriate choice etc.
Section 2: DU LLB Syllabus for General Knowledge
Candidates are tested on the basis of their awareness of national and international issues including static General Knowledge. It is important to keep oneself up-to-date with the news and other topics discussed in the print and digital media.
Section 3: DU LLB Syllabus for Legal Awareness Aptitude
The section tests a candidate's interest towards study of law, research aptitude and problem-solving ability. The official website states – ‘Questions will be framed with the help of legal propositions (described in the paper), and a set of facts to which the said proposition has to be applied. Some propositions may not be "true" in the real sense (e.g. the legal proposition may be that any person who speaks in a movie hall and disturbs others that are watching the movie will be banned from entering any movie theatre across India for one year). Candidates will have to assume the "truth" of these propositions and answer the questions accordingly.’
Section 4: DU LLB Syllabus for Analytical Abilities
The questions are designed to test a candidate's ability to identify patterns, rectify illogical arguments and logical links. They will be framed around syllogisms, logical sequences, analogies, etc. However, visual reasoning will not be tested.
DU LLB Exam Analysis
Based on the paper of DU LLB Entrance Exam 2020, candidates appearing for the current session can prepare accordingly.
- Questions in GK are mostly from current events in the field of law
- While few students who appeared for DU LLB in 2020 claimed that the paper was easy, many found it rather difficult.
- Candidates who focused on Legal and Polity scored better than others. Questions from Legal Reasoning were limited.
- In 2020, there were many questions related to United Nations due to the fact that it played a vital role during the COVID 19 pandemic.
- Overall, the paper was easier compared to the previous year.
DU LLB 2021 Result
DU LLB entrance result exam is notified on the University website at du.ac.in. DU LLB Result 2021 will be released in August 2021. Given below are the steps to check online DU LLB 2021 Result:
- Visit the official website of DU LLB
- Look for the result link.
- Provide the credentials like ID and password
- Click on button ‘Submit’
- Download the DU LLB result and take print out.
DU LLB Answer Key
DU LLB Final Answer Key has been published along with the result merit list. Download Final Key PDF
- No objections regarding the final answer key shall be entertained.
- The provisional answer key of the examination will be tentatively released in July 2021. Download Answer Key PDF
- An expert body of the Law teachers reviewed the objections to the proposed answer key and published the final answer key.
- It is expected that the finality of the result declared shall be maintained by all concerned including courts and shall not be interfered in any manner.
DU LLB Answer Key will be released in the month of July soon after result announcement. Candidates can download the same from the official website of NTA and use the answers to calculate their scores to predict their DU LLB Rank.
NTA allows candidates to raise queries against the provisional answer keys in case they are not fully satisfied. Follow these steps to calculate DU LLB Score:
- Visit the official website of NTA
- Click on the link “ DUET answer key” in the notification section
- Login using your ID and password
- The answer key of DU LLB will be displayed in the form of PDF.
- Download the same and use it to calculate the score.
DU LLB 2021 Cutoff
|Category||Round 1||Round 2||Round 3||Round 4|
DU LLB 2021 Counselling
Counselling Process will tentatively begin in August 2021. The shortlisted candidates will be called for DU LLB Counselling. The seats will be allotted on the basis of candidate's rank. There is no separate form to be filled for the counselling process.
Documents required on the day of counselling:
- Graduation Mark sheet
- Graduation Passing Certificate
- Character Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Admit Card of Entrance Exam
- 8 Passport Size Photograph
- Age Certificate
DU LLB 2021 FAQs
Ques. What is the Application Fee for DU LLB Registration?
Ans. The Application fee for General/ OBC/ CW is INR 750 and for EWS/ SC/ ST/ PwD it is INR 300.
Ques. Can the registration fee be paid through offline mode?
Ans. NO, the entire process will take place online only. Candidates have to pay the Registration fee online only through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net banking.
Ques. What are the different sections in the DU LLB exam?
Ans. The Exam consists of 4 sections namely – English Language Comprehension, General Knowledge, Legal Awareness Aptitude and Analytical Abilities
Ques. I have misplaced my admit card for DU LLB 2021. What can be done for the same?
Ans. In case you have lost the admit card no need to worry, you can login to the official website and download a new admit card. Keep it carefully as it is an important document to be carried throughout the admission process.
Ques. How many colleges accept DU LLB entrance result?
Ans. 6 colleges accept DU LLB scores, namely Campus Law Center, DU, JGLS Sonepat, Law Center 1 DU, Bennett University and more.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.