EMAT 2019: Dates, Application Form, Pattern & Syllabus
Executive Management Aptitude Test (EMAT) is conducted by IIM Kozhikode for admission to Executive Post-Graduate Program (EPGP) in Management at its Kochi campus. It is a national-level exam that admits 100 meritorious students each year. It has deemed to be a perfect option for working professionals and executives to enrich their skills and strategies to take their organizations to the next level around work.
|EMAT Eligibility 2019||EMAT Registration 2019||EMAT Syllabus 2019|
EMAT 2019 will be scheduled for September 8 to 9, 2019 in offline mode. The online registration is going on and the last date of form filling will be August 13, 2019. Candidates with 50% marks in graduation are eligible to apply.
- EMAT question paper consists of 40 objective questions. The duration of the exam is 60 minutes.
- There are three sections in the paper - Logical Reasoning, Numerical, Data Interpretation, and Verbal Skills
- EMAT Result 2019 will be declared on September 24, 2019.
- EMAT/CAT/GMAT score is considered only as a preliminary screening process for selection of applicants. Those applicants who satisfy the minimum cut off for EMAT or a minimum of 75 percentile in CAT or a minimum score of 650 in GMAT will be considered eligible for the next stage of selection process. Such candidates are not required to attend EMAT. The CAT and GMAT scores should not be older than 1 year as on date of EMAT (8 th September 2019).
EMAT 2019 Exam Highlights
|Date of EMAT 2019||September 8 to 9, 2019|
|Conducting Body||IIM Kozhikode|
|Mode of EMAT 2019||Offline|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||40|
|Number of Seats||100|
EMAT 2019 Exam Schedule
The official notification of exam schedule has released by the IIM Kozhikode which is as given below:
|Release of EMAT 2019 Application Form||May 4, 2019|
|Last date for EMAT Registration 2019||August 13, 2019|
|EMAT 2019 Exam Date||September 8, 2019|
|Date of Interview||September 9, 2019|
|Declaration of Result||September 24, 2019|
Eligibility Norms for EMAT 2019
Prior to commencement of online application process, it is necessary to check the eligibility criteria, which are primarily the minimum academic and work experience thresholds for candidates to appear for EMAT 2019. Following are the eligibility criteria:
- Candidate of general and OBC category must have cleared graduation or equivalent examination with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
- Candidates from all other categories must secure 40% in their graduation
- Candidates must possess a minimum of 3 years of managerial, entrepreneurial or professional work experience subsequent to completion of graduation
- Duration of work experience till end of September 2019 will be taken into consideration
How to Register for EMAT 2019?
Application form for EMAT exam 2019 will have to be filled by candidates only through online mode. Candidates are required to go through the programme details, eligibility criteria and instruction before fill the application form. Following are the steps for successful completion of online application submission–
Step 1- Online Registration
- Go to the official website of IIM Kozhikode
- Click on ‘EXECUTIVE POST GRADUATE PROGRAM (EPGP)’
- Click on ‘ADMISSION 2019’ tab and click on ‘Click here to Register/Apply Online’
- Enter your Name, Email ID, Password, Mobile number, Program Name, and Verification Code (mentioned in Captcha)
- Click on ‘Register’
- An Application No. will be generated, which (along with created password) will be recieve by the candidates on his/her registered email ID.
- Click on ‘Click here’ tab to continue
Step 2- Payment of Application Fee
- Please log in to the application portal using the application number, email & password generated during the registration.
- Click on ‘Login’ to proceed to Fee Payment.
- Make payment of INR 2000 + GST 18%* through Credit Card, Debit Card or Internet Banking. (Payment through any other mode is not acceptable.)
- Any processing fee charged by candidate’s bank will have to be borne by candidate
*GST applicable as per prevailing rate on the application fee. Current GST applicable is 18%. *Bank transaction charges applicable for online payment of fee will have to be borne by the candidate.
Note: Do not dispatch the application form & supporting documents to IIMK.
Step 3- Fill Online Application Form
- Application form must be filled within 7 days of fee payment
- Your Application No, Program Applied for and Name will automatically appear in Application Form
- Upload your passport sized color photograph in jpeg format, with size between 100 KB and150 KB
- Dimensions of photograph must be 580-750 pixels (width) and 730-950 pixels (height)
- Enter the preferred test, whose score candidate’s wants to be taken into consideration – EMAT, CAT or GMAT
- Enter details of program, Preferred EMAT Examination Center and Learning Center
- Fill in following details – Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, Address, Alternate Mobile No, Landline No, alternate Email ID, Current Job Details, Academic Details (10th, 12th, Graduation and Post-Graduation), Career Plans, Statement of Purpose, Extracurricular Activities and 2 References
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab
- Preview filled details
- Click on ‘Submit’ button
Step 4- Send Application Form & Requisite Documents to IIM Kozhikode
- After successful online submission of Application, candidate must take two print outs of application form and sign them at given places
- Candidate must send the following documents to conducting authority prior to the stipulated date-
- 2 copies of duly signed application form
- 1 passport size photograph with Name and Application No written at the back (Candidate must send the same photograph that has been uploaded)
- Copy of CAT/GMAT scorecard (in case admission is sought through them)
- Self-attested copy of 10th or equivalent examination mark sheet and certificate
- Self-attested copy of 12th or equivalent examination mark sheet and certificate
- Self-attested copy of Graduation or equivalent examination mark sheet and certificate
- Self-attested copy of Post-Graduation or equivalent examination mark sheet and certificate
- Self-attested copy of certificate to support any relaxation sought in eligibility criteria and selection process
- Self-attested copies of all experience certificates
- Self-attested copy of experience letter, reference letter or letter confirming employment details from current employer
- Self-attested copy of employee ID card or current employer
- Copy of online fee payment receipt
- Self-attested copy of either Passport, Driving License, Pan Card or Aadhar Card
For any quary contact to:
Executive Post-Graduate Programs Office
Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
IIMK Campus P O, Kunnamangalam Kozhikode - 673570
Ph :( 0495) 2809417/223/412/225/224/416
EMAT 2019 Admit Card/Interview Call Letter
EMAT 2019 Test/Interview Call Letter is of extreme significance to candidates appearing for entrance test. No candidate is permitted entry into examination center without in possession of EMAT interview call letter. Admit card can be downloaded from the official website in August 2019. No hard copy of test/interview call letter is sent to candidate through courier or post.
Candidates can download test/interview call letter through following steps:
- Go to the official website of IIM Kozhikode
- Under ‘ACADEMIC PROGRAMS’ tab on topmost row, click on ‘EXECUTIVE POST GRADUATE PROGRAM (EPGP)’
- Click on ‘ADMISSION 2019’ tab on left hand side pane
- Click on ‘Download Test/Interview Call Letter’
- Enter Application No. and Date of Birth
- Test/Interview Call Letter will appear on screen
- Download the letter and take a print out
Test Venues for EMAT Exam
- EMAT 2019 is likely to be conducted across 8 cities.
- Candidates can provide their preferred examination center at the time of form-filling.
- Allotment of exam center depends on complete discretion of conducting authority.
- Once allotted, candidate cannot request change in exam center.
- The alloted venue address is informed to shortlisted candidates through call letter.
- Applicants with valid CAT score (Min 75 percentile) or GMAT score (Min 650 Score) are directly considered for the interview.
The list of EMAT exam centers is given below:
|EMAT Exam Cities|
EMAT 2019 Structure of Exam
It is necessary for aspirants to understand EMAT 2019 Exam Pattern in order to prepare for test accordingly. Examination pattern is as follows:
- The mode of exam is offline.
- Examination duration is of 1 hours.
- There are 40 MCQs.
- There are 4 sections in question paper, namely Numerical, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Verbal skills.
- Number of questions in each section vary each year.
- 1 mark is given for each correct answer, while ½ marks is deducted for every incorrect answer
- Candidate has to mark only one of the four answers given for each question on OMR sheet.
EMAT 2019 Syllabus & Important Topics to Study
Candidates must understand the syllabus for every subject in order to facilitate their preparation.
|Ratios and proportions||Sets||Profit & loss|
|Simple and compound interest||Elementary statistics central tendency||-|
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
|Questions from Unseen Passage||Management functions|
|Managerial communication||General finance|
|Statistics||Business environment and resource|
|-||Management skillsEMAT 2019 Result|
EMAT Exam 2019 Result & Scorecard
EMAT 2019 Result will be declared by IIM Kozhikode on September 24, 2019 (expected). Candidates can check their respective result on the official website of board. EMAT Result is declared in the form of scorecard. Candidates have to carry the scorecard and offer letter at the time of counselling.
Steps to download/view the Scorecard/Offer Letter
- Go to the official website of IIM Kozhikode - https://www.iimk.ac.in/
- Under ‘ACADEMIC PROGRAMS’ tab in the topmost row, click on ‘EXECUTIVE POST GRADUATE PROGRAM (EPGP)’
- Click on ‘ADMISSION 2019’ tab on left hand side pane
- Click on ‘Interview Result & Download Offer Letter’
- Enter Registration No and Date of Birth
- Click ‘Submit’
- Scorecard and Offer Letter for those selected will appear on screen
- Download and take print out for future references
Validity of EMAT 2019 Score
EMAT score obtained by the candidate will be valid for 2019-2019 academic year/batch only. If a candidate has successfully qualified in the EMAT exam and could not join the program due to any reason may have to appear for EMAT once again, if he is applying for the same program in future.
EMAT 2019 Cut off Marks
IIM Kozhikode has cut off marks that must be obtained by candidates in EMAT 2019 and Interview (which is usually held on day after EMAT exam is successfully conducted)
- Cut off marks for EMAT and Interview are different
- Cut off marks will vary for candidates belonging to different categories
- IIM Kozhikode retains the right to make modifications in cut off marks as per various parameters, including the number of candidates appearing for the exam and average marks obtained by candidates in the examination
Cut Off Marks for EMAT Exam 2019
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|General||10 out of 40 marks (25%)|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)/Non-Cream Other Backward Class (OBC-NC)||8 out of 40 marks (20%)|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Persons with Disability (PwD)||7 out of 40 marks (18%)|
Cut Off Marks for Interview
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
|General||15 out of 60 marks (25%)|
|OBC-NC||12 out of 60 marks (20%)|
|SC/ST/PwD||9 out of 60 marks (15%)|
EMAT 2019 Merit List
The conducting authority prepares a merit list on the basis of marks obtained in both EMAT 2019 and Interview
- Offer letter will be sent to candidates only on the basis of marks obtained in EMAT 2019 and Interview
- Marks of the interview process will be standardized for standardizing panel differences
- Candidates will have to carry all their original documents (photocopies of which were sent with Application Form for EMAT Exam 2019) when appearing for EMAT 2019 and Interview
- Candidates will not be allowed to appear for examination or interview without in possession of all original documents
- Candidates will have to submit first installment of fees, after receiving offer letter, to confirm their seats.
Ques. Where are the classes held for EPGP?
Ans. Participant can attend the live classes online from designated class room centers across India owned by M/s Times Center for Learning Ltd.
Ques. Are the classes available outside India?
Ans. No. Presently EPGP Programmes are offered through designated class room centers across India only facilitated by M/s Times Center for Learning Ltd.
Ques. How should calculate the aggregate percentage of mark obtained?
Ans. Aggregate percentage is the average of percentage of mark obtained in each year/semester.
Ques. What will be the title of final certificate issued on successful completion of the Programme?
Ans. The certificate will be titled “Executive Post Graduate Diploma in Management” (EPGDM) awarded by Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
Ques. What is the fee structure of EPGP course?
Ans. The total fee for the course is INR 7,50,000. It can be paid in installments as given below:
Ques. Is this Programme considered equivalent to MBA?
Ans. In India, an MBA is usually granted by universities which administer a course curriculum through affiliated colleges, institution or otherwise and issue a certificate on passing the stipulated examination as per the curriculum. IIM’s are premier autonomous institutions of excellence established by the Government of India. They will design and deliver high end programmes for participants selected through a rigorous process. The content and coverage of such courses may exceed the typical curriculum of a university MBA. A post graduate diploma will be issued on successful completion of the two year course.
Ques. Is there any placement assistance on successful completion of the programme?
Ans. EPGP programmes are meant for those executives in their middle / senior management positions wishing to augment their management expertise and leadership abilities. The programme is supposed to help working executives in their current work roles and career progression paths. Hence, a formal placement assistance scheme is not part of this programme.
Ques. What level and type of work experience do I need to have?
Ans. Working executives with a minimum of 3 years of managerial/ entrepreneurial/ professional experience after graduation could apply for the programme. Candidates who are completing 36 months work experience as on 8 th September 2019 are eligible to apply. The programme is targeted at working executives meeting the specified criteria from a range of functional / technical domains across a diverse range of organizations / industries.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College