Metallurgical engineering is the study of metals. It is the combination of theory and practicals programs that covers topics like mining, extraction, design, and processing of metals, as well as how metals react to environmental changes or stress. GATE 2021 Metallurgical engineering syllabus includes the subject topics and general aptitude.
The syllabus is based on the topics studied at the graduation level. 85% of the questions will be asked from the core subject and the remaining 15% questions will be asked from the general aptitude section. The question paper will consist of 65 questions worth 100 marks. Candidates preparing for Metallurgical Engineering must check the syllabus provided below. Check GATE 2021 Exam Pattern
Candidates who will qualify GATE 2021 will become eligible to take admission in M.Tech courses offered at various institutes like IITs, NITs, etc. Moreover, GATE scores are also used by more than 50 Public Sector Undertaking companies for GATE PSU Recruitment process.
Sample Question 1: In a tensile creep test of metal, Nabarro-Herring mechanism is favored over Coble mechanism for ____________?
Sample Question 2: A FCC crystal with a lattice parameter of 0.3615 nm is used to measure the wavelength of monochromatic X-rays. The Bragg angle for the reflection from (111) planes is 21.68. The wavelength of X-rays (in nm, rounded off to three decimal places) is ________?
Sample Question 3: A material, made up of alternating layers of metals A and B, is loaded as shown below. If the volume % of B is 25%, the elastic modulus (in GPa, rounded off to one decimal place) of the material is _______?
How to Prepare for GATE 2021 Metallurgical Engineering Paper?
First of all, candidates are advised to go through the syllabus, exam pattern, marking scheme, books, etc because they all are very important while preparing for the exam. After that you can follow the preparation tips provided below:
1. Target Based Study Plan
Daily Target: Set a target to complete 1-2 topics in a day. This will help you in completing your syllabus early.
Weekly Target: Your weekly target should include completion of 6-7 topics, revisions of all these topics, attempting the mock tests or solving previous years papers related to these topics. Observe the level of your performance.
Monthly Target: If you are following a daily or weekly plan then you can skip monthly plans. However, if you want to set a monthly goal then you must divide your whole syllabus into months. For example, if your syllabus has 16 major topics and you have 5 months left for preparation then you can complete 4 topics in 1 month i. e. 4 topics X 4 months = 16 topics.
During the time of preparation of each topic prepare notes of the same.
First, understand the topic then prepare the notes.
Notes should include all the important facts, formulas, etc.
Daily revise these notes. This way you can remember all the important points.
You can also have a quick look at these notes before the exam.
5. Appearing for Mock Tests
Mock Test gives the feel of real exam as they are also conducted online with 3 hours time limit.
Candidates will also get scores based on the test. You can use these score to predict your rank with ofGATE Rank Predictor
With the help of mock test, you can check the level of your preparations.
GATE 2021 Syllabus Of Other Papers
GATE 2021 Syllabus Of Other Papers
GATE is a national level exam conducted for admission to M.Tech programs. There are 25 papers in GATE. The exam pattern and syllabus of every paper is different. Candidates can check the complete syllabus of other papers from the links given below.
With the help of preparation tips, exam pattern, syllabus and sample questions candidates can build their own preparation plan also. To score high in the exam candidates are advised to follow the syllabus prescribed by the authorities in the combination with preparation tips provided above.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College