GCET 2021 Official Notification has been released by DTE, Goa. As per the brochure, GCET 2021 Exam Date is June 15 and 16, 2021. GCET Registration will start on May 17, 2021 and the deadline is May 22, 2021. Check GCET 2021 Application Form
Students aspiring for admission only to B.Pharm course need not answer the Mathematics subject at GCET-2021. All students seeking admissions to MBBS, BDS, Ayurvedic courses are required to appear and qualify at NEET 2021, and admissions to B.Arch course shall be on the basis of scores obtained at NATA. As per GCET 2021 Eligibility Criteria, intermediate graduates with 45% marks in the science stream are eligible to apply for GCET 2021.
- As per GCET 2021 exam pattern, the paper will have MCQ type questions. 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer. Questions asked in GCET will be based on the higher secondary and secondary level.
- Candidates qualifying GCET 2021 can participate in counselling process. Check GCET 2021 counselling
Candidates must read the below-given article to know more about GCET 2021 like eligibility criteria, application form, pattern, syllabus, and much more. etc.
GCET 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration||2 hours for each (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)|
|Number of Seats||1300 approx.|
|Scorecard Validity||1 year|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
|Reservation of Seats||As per Government of Goa Regulations|
GCET 2021 Exam Dates
GCET Exam Events
Application Form releases
May 17, 2021
Last date to submit application
May 22, 2021
|Deadline to pay application fee without late charges||June 4, 2021|
Admit card availability
Last Week of May 2021
GCET 2021 Exam Date (Physics)
June 15 or 16, 2021
|GCET 2021 Exam Date (Chemistry)|| |
June 15 or 16, 2021
|GCET 2021 Exam Date (Mathematics)|| |
June 15 or 16, 2021
June 22, 2021 (Tentative)
GCET 2021 Eligibility & Application
Candidates who have already passed/have appeared, or are appearing at HSSC (Std. 12th Science) or equivalent examination, before the start of the academic session, are eligible to appear for GCET 2021. Candidates seeking admissions only to Pharmacy Course need not appear in Mathematics.
|Engineering Courses||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board. |
He/she should have Physics, Mathematics, and English as a mandatory subject and any one of following the additional subject in Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/ Computer Science. Candidates must have scored at least 45% marks aggregate for the general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH candidates.
|B. Arch.||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics subject. |
They should have scored a minimum of 50% marks aggregate for the general group and 45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Candidates should also qualify for the NATA exam.
|BHMS and AHS||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject. |
They must have secured at least 50% marks aggregate for the general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH candidates.
|B. Sc. Nursing||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subject. |
He/she should have scored at least 45% marks aggregate for general group and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
|B. Pharma.||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and English as a compulsory subject. |
Apart from the above subject, candidates should have an additional subject in Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology, and Computer Science.
How to Apply for GCET 2021?
GCET 2021 application forms have to be filled in offline mode. GCET 2021 Application Form consists of the following forms:
Form A: For admission to GCET based professional degree courses in Engineering & Pharmacy 2021-22.
Form B: For admission to NEET based professional degree courses in MBBS /BDS/AHS/ BHMS /BAMS/ Nursing 2021-22.
Form C: For admission to B.Arch degree course 2021-22 based on NATA.
GCET 2021 Exam Pattern & Syllabus
Candidates should be conversant with GCET 2021 Exam Pattern. Check the following information in respect to that:
|Mode of Exam||Offline | Pen & paper-based.|
|Type of Questions||Objective type questions|
|Number of Questions||75 MCQ type questions.|
|Exam Duration||2 hours for each (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)|
|Marking Scheme|| |
+1 mark for the correct answer.
There is no negative marking in the paper.
GCET 2021 Syllabus
Syllabus of the paper will be prepared on the basis of 10+2 level. The syllabus of the paper will include Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. The whole question paper will only be asked from these subjects only. Read the syllabus below
|Electrostatics and Current electricity||Relations and functions|
|Atoms and nuclei||Algebra|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||Calculus|
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents||Vectors and three-dimensional geometry|
|Electromagnetic waves||Linear programming|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation||-|
|Electronic devices and Communication systems||-|
|Surface chemistry||General principles and processes of isolation of elements|
|P-block elements||D and F block elements|
|Coordination compounds||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Alcohols, phenols and ethers||Aldehydes, Ketones and carboxylic acids|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen||Bio-molecules|
GCET 2021 Admit Card
GCET Admit card will be obtained from the admission committee. The admit card will be issued only to candidates in person. Candidates must produce ‘Photo Admit Cards’ for appearing in the test at the designated center.
- The admit card will not be issued to those who have submitted incomplete application forms and/or documents.
- Admit card will not be reissued if it is lost.
- Admit card will consist of all the important details about the exam like dates & timing, candidate's name & roll number, venue for the exam.
- Candidates must bring their original admit card on the day of the exam to the venue.
- It is recommended to carry one Photo ID proof along with all the required documents.
GCET 2021 Exam Centers
GCET 2021 will be held at the following test centers in the state of Goa. The code for center preferred should be correctly entered on the application form. Any request for a change in choice of papers and/or center selected/allotted shall not be entertained after the issue of the Admit Card.
Depending on the availability of accommodation at GCET test centers, The Admission Committee will allot the examination center. Allotment of Centre to applicants submitting forms (with late fees) will be done by the Admission Committee.
|Tiswadi Kujira||10||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts and Science|
|Panaji||11||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|Verna||12||Fr. Angel Multipurpose Higher Secondary School|
|Navelim||13||Rosary College/ Higher Secondary of Arts and Commerce|
|Vasco||14||Deep Vihar High School|
|Mapusa||15||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|Ponda I||16||A.J.D Almeida High School|
|Ponda (Farmagudi)||17||G. V. Ms. Smt. N. J Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|Bicholim||18||Narayan Zantye College of Commerce|
|Curchorem||19||Smt. Chandrabhaga T. Naik Higher Secondary School|
|Porvorim||20||Vidya Prabhodini Higher Secondary School|
|Assagao||21||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
|Sanquelim||22||Govt. Higher Secondary School|
|Cuncolim||23||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School|
|Dharbandora||24||BBSS Vishweshwar Shankar Laad Higher Secondary School|
- Candidates will be required to be seated in the exam center at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the paper.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the test center after 30 minutes of commencement of the test.
- No candidate will be permitted to leave the examination hall until the GCET will be completed and all the answer sheets will be collected by the invigilators.
GCET 2021 Result
GCET 2021 Result will be available on the website of DTE Goa and on the Notice Board at DTE. No individual scorecard will be issued. Any change in schedule is notified in designated newspapers.
- On the basis of marks scored by the students, the merit list will be prepared for providing admission.
- There is no provision for revaluation/ marks verification.
- Candidates can download the merit list from the website.
GCET 2021 Answer Key
Visit the official website of DTE Goa
Search the GCET 2021 answer key link
Click on GCET 2021 answer key link
Search your category, code and paper you want to check the answer keys
Match the questions and answers of your desired subject
Download the answer key and also take a print out for future reference
GCET 2021 Cutoff
GCET Cutoff depends on many factors such as previous years cut-off, number of applicants, overall performance. Some of the factors are mentioned below:
- Number of Candidates appeared in the exam
- No of candidates qualify the exam
- Level of difficulty of question paper
- No. Of vacancy in the exam
- Cutoff may also be sectional wise
GCET 2021 Counselling Process
Step 1 : Filling up of the GCET 2021 application form for counseling
Candidates must fill the following details:
- Reg No – Registration number of GCET 2021
- GCET No –unique id provided to candidates
- Category – The category of student
- Name of Candidate
- The contact number of the candidate provided at the time of registration
- H.S.S.C details
- GCET Marks
Note: They must have 2 recent photographs taken not earlier than 3 months from filling the application form. These are for the application forms.
Candidate must attach the following documents along with the application form:
- Statement of marks/Certificate/provisional certificate of passing H.S.S.C
- Certificate for reserved category
- Certificate of residence
- Documents for a relaxing period of residency
- School/College leaving certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Eligibility certificate from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa state board)
- Income Certificate for Tuition Fee waiver
- Copy of GCET 2019 Admit Card
- Acknowledgment Card with photo
Step 2: Attending the counseling in person
- The candidates must attend the GCET 2021 counseling in person at the admission center at the Directorate of Technical Education, Porvorim according to the admission schedule
- The candidates must attend the counseling with the acknowledgment card, original documents, and also the counseling fee.
- Herein the candidates will be allowed to select a seat of their choice in the order of their merit number.
- After the submission of the original documents and payment of the specified fees, the candidates must report within three days of the grant of admission.
- The candidates must also obtain the acknowledgment of their admission.
- They will be given provisional admission till they report to the allotted institute with the admission card and complete their admission formalities
Note: The acknowledgement card is proof of acceptance of the form B/B1 for counselling. The registration number must also be mentioned in the card. The admission card should be submitted to the institute before the stipulated time. This admission card will be issued to the candidates only if the original documents are received and the counselling fee is paid.
Documents required for GCET 2021 counseling verification
- Caste/Category Certificate: Candidate must provide valid documents (if applicable)
- Candidates will need the printout of the GCET Admit Card 2021
- Candidates will need the GCET 2021 Acknowledgement Card with Photograph
- 10th standard mark sheet or certificate - 10th standard/equivalent examination marks card.
- For age proof, a candidate needs to submit the 10th Admit Card/Pass Certificate issued by the Board/ Council.
- 12th standard Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate - 12th standard/equivalent examination marks card.
- Candidates will need school leaving certificate
- Candidate will need an eligibility certificate from Goa University
GCET 2021 Reservation Criteria
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||2%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel||3%|
|Ex-Defence Service Personnel||1%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||On the supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
Participating Colleges in GCET 2021
- Goa Medical College
- Goa Dental College & Hospital
- Goa College of Engineering
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engg. & Info Tech.
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
- Goa College of Pharmacy
- P.E. S.Rajaram & Tarabai Bandekar College of Pharmacy
- Goa College of Architecture
- Shri Kamaxidevi Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
- Gomantak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya & Research Centre
- Institute of Nursing Education
- Vrindavan Institute of Nursing Education, Colvale
How to prepare for GCET 2021?
All the candidates must prepare a strategy to get rank in the exam. Below are some of the tricks and tips to help you prepare better. Have a look:
- The candidates should go through the GCET Syllabus to stay updated with the types of questions they might be asked during the exam.
- The GCET 2021 syllabus will be based on the class XII syllabus as prescribed by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE).
- The candidates must study the topics covered in their Class XI and XII for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and Biology as the questions asked in the GCET 2021 exam will be based on these topics.
- The exam pattern given above will also help students to understand what to expect in terms of the questions, marking scheme, time allotted to complete the paper etc.
- Along with these tools, candidates will also benefit with the GCET Sample Papers 2021 to put their learning and study into practice.
- It is rightly said that practice makes a person perfect therefore it is imperative that candidates answer the sample papers to know where they stand in their preparation for the GCET 2021 exam.
GCET 2021 FAQs
Ques. When can I get the application form for GCET 2021?
Ans. GCET application form will be available online at the official website www.dtegoa.gov.in from May 2021. The form has to be downloaded from the online prospectus of GCET 2021.
Ques. Is the GCET Application form available online?
Ans. Yes, the application form is available online. Take the printout of the application form present in the online prospectus. Fill the application form and submit it to the address mentioned in person.
Ques. Yes, the application form is available online. Take the printout of the application form present in the online prospectus. Fill the application form and submit it to the address mentioned in person.
Ans. Along with the GCET application form, the candidates also need to send self-attested copies of the following documents:
- 3 passport size photographs, where the photograph should not be more than 3 months old.
- Copy of SSCE passing certificate.
- Copy of Class 12 passing certificate
- Demand Draft for the application fee.
Ques. What is the validity of GCET Goa Scores?
Ans. GCET score is valid for only one year (till the admission process closes).
Ques. I am a Diploma holder, can I apply for GCET?
Ans. Yes, Candidates who have completed 10+3 (diploma) with 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply for GCET.
Ques. I am from another state, can I apply for GCET Goa?
Ans. Admission to professional courses in State of Goa is open to Indian nationals fulfilling the eligibility criteria under various categories.
Ques. How much late fees do I have to pay if I am submitting the application after the last cut-off date?
Ans. Candidate submitting GCET application after the cut-off date will have to pay Rs 1500 as late fee.
Ques. I have 2 application forms, A and B. Do I need to submit both of them during registration?
Ans. GCET application form consists of the following forms:
- Form A:For admission to GCET based professional degree courses in Engineering & Pharmacy 2020-21.
- Form B:For admission to NEET based professional degree courses in MBBS /BDS/AHS/ BHMS /BAMS/ Nursing 2020-21.
- Form C:For admission to B.Arch degree course 2020-21 based on NATA.
Ques. How many questions are asked in GCET Goa Exam?
Ans. There will be a total of 225 questions. 75 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Ques. What is the age limit for applying in GCET?
Ans. There is no restriction on the lower and upper age limit for admission in Pharmacy and Engineering courses.
Ques. Is there any negative marking?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the GCET examination.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee online?
Ans. No, the application fee can be paid offline only using Demand Draft.
Ques. How can I get my scorecard after the examination?
Ans. GCET Goa results will be published on the Notice Board at DTE and on the official website, and can be downloaded as PDF. Individual scorecard will not be issued to any candidate after the examination.
Ques. What is the GCET 2021 Cut off score?
Ans. The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa will determine the cut-off scores based on the total number of candidates, candidates who qualified for the exam, seat capacity of the colleges, reservation, and difficulty level of the question paper. Based on the cut-off score and merit list, candidates will be offered admission to the respective universities/colleges in Goa.
Ques. For which streams is the GCET Examination held?
Ans. Candidates can get into professional courses such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, etc after qualifying in the GCET Goa examination.
Ques. Can NRI candidate appear in the examination?
Ans. Yes, NRI candidates with Indian passport can apply for the GCET in the NRI category.
Ques. Where are the test centers located?
Ans. There are about 15 test centers in Goa participating in GCET examination. Candidates can select their exam centers while filling the application form. Also candidates need to make sure that correct test center code is filled in because once the admit card is issued, candidates cannot change the test center location.
Ques. What is the syllabus for GCET 2021?
Ans. GCET 2021 covers the syllabus from Secondary and Higher secondary (10+2) as prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary Education.
Ques. There is some discrepancy in the merit list, whom should I contact to have that rectified?
Ans. A provisional GCET Merit list will be available by June, 2021. Candidates are required to verify the list, either online or at the admission centers and contact the concerned authorities within 24 hours in case of any discrepancy.
Ques. Do I need to carry any acknowledgement card during GCET Counselling?
Ans. Yes, after filling in the GCET counselling form, an acknowledgement card will be issued to the candidates as a proof of receipt. This card needs to be carried during counselling.
Ques. How does the counselling for GCET take place?
Ans. GCET 2021 counselling will take place from June, 2021. This counselling happens in 3 rounds. In case of any vacancies, an additional round might be held as well.
Ques. Where should I send the filled in application form?
Ans. After filling in the GCET application form, candidates need to take the form, and other required documents along with DD and submit them by going into the following center: Directorate of Technical Education, Alto, Porvorim – Goa 403521
Ques. When can I get the GCET 2021 admit card online?
Ans. GCET Goa admit cards need to be collected in person by the candidates when they submit their application form. Candidates can also report, if any discrepancies found on the admit card immediately to the concerned authorities.
Ques. How frequently is the GCET exam conducted?
Ans. The GCET examination is conducted only once in a year.
Ques. What documents shall I carry during counselling?
Ans. During GCET 2021 counselling, candidates need to carry 2 recent passport size photographs, and the following documents:
- Class 12 marksheet or equivalent
- Income certificate.
- Residence certificate.
- Birth certificate from competent authority.
- Transfer certificate from last school/college attended.
- Certificate for reserved category candidates
- Acknowledgment card with photo.
- Domicile certificate.
Ques. How many participating institutes are there for GCET 2021 for B.E. program?
Ans. There are 5 participating institutes under the GCET B.E. program
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria available for the examination?
Ans. Yes, there is reservation criteria available and candidate need to show their category certificate as proof during counselling and admission. The reservation quota is as follows: SC candidate: 2 %, ST candidate: 12%, OBC: 27%, Physically Handicapped: 3%.
Ques. Is there any freedom fighter quota for the GCET exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a quota of 1% for Freedom fighter category.
Ques. Do I need the GCET admit card after the examination is over?
Ans. Yes, it is advisable to preserve the GCET admit card even after the examination, because the admit card will be required during counselling and admission.
Ques. Can I attempt the exam in any other language?
Ans. No, the medium of examination is English language only.
Ques. How many questions are allocated for each subject during the examination?
Ans. There are 3 subjects in the GCET examination: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Each paper consists of 75 questions, objective type of 1 mark each.
Ques. Do I need to mention any additional details while submitting the DD along with the application form?
Ans. While submitting the filled in application form and DD, it is required to fill in your name, address, and mobile number at the back side of the DD. It is also advisable that candidates keep a copy of the DD for their reference.
Ques. How many seats are allocated for the qualifying GCET candidates?
Ans. There are about 1300 seats available for the candidates qualifying the GCET examination.
Ques. Can I get admission into B. Arch after qualifying in the GCET examination?
Ans. Admission into B. Arch is based on NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) examination which can be taken after completing class 12 examination.
Ques. Is there any university wise cut-off available in GCET?
Ans. Yes, GCET 2021 cutoff will be based on discipline and institute. Hence candidate selected for one institute may not be eligible for B.Tech in another institute or discipline.
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria for SC/ST candidates to appear for the GCET exam?
Ans. Candidates should have passed the Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std.XIIth) examination of the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education or its equivalent examination with Mathematics as one of the subjects and secured at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% aggregate marks for applicants belonging to SC/ST/OBC).
Ques. What preparation strategy to be followed to get a good rank in the GCET 2021 Exam?
Ans. Candidates can start by gathering all related information related syllabus, exam patterns and guidelines. The next step is to collect the data related to the preparation strategy. Practice mock test of previous year’s question paper and check them with the answer keys.
Ques. What is the duration of GCET 2021 entrance test?
Ans. The exam forms for GCET will be released in the last week of March and candidates can fill the forms before March end because late fee will be fined in the month of April. The exam will be held on 5th and 6th May and duration of which will be 2 hours and it will be in offline mode.
Ques. I am from Kolkata, can I appear for GCET?
Ans. Yes, you can appear for the GCET exam. But the basic criteria to appear for the exam is that the candidate should be an Indian National. Candidates should have cleared the Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination of the Goa Board. For more information, you can read the article above for the eligibility criteria.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.