Table of Contents
GCET 2020 Exam Dates(Revised), Application Form(From May 26), Eligibility, Pattern and Syllabus
GCET 2020 (Goa Common Entrance Test) revised dates have been released. The exam will be conducted on July 04 and July 05, 2020. Previously the exam was scheduled to be conducted on May 5 and 6, 2020 by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa. GCET is a state-level offline entrance examination for candidates seeking admissions to Professional Degree courses in Engineering and Pharmacy, in the state of Goa. As per GCET 2020 Eligibility Criteria, intermediate graduates with 45% marks in the science stream are eligible to apply for GCET 2020.
Latest: GCET 2020 Application forms will be available from May 26 to June 10, 2020. Read more
- Candidates can submit the form application form by paying fee of INR 2000 and late fee is INR 1500.
- As per GCET 2020 Exam Pattern, it will be a 2-hour long offline test having 75 MCQs each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- The medium of paper will be English only. Each question will carry 1 mark without any provision of negative marking.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to collect GCET 2020 Admit Card from April 1, 2020.
GCET qualified candidates get admissions in government and private engineering and pharmacy colleges of Goa. Various colleges & institutions of Goa state consider the GCET Score for granting admissions to different courses.
GCET 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Goa Common Entrance Test (GCET)|
|Conducting Body||Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa|
|Exam Type||State Level Examination|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Exam Mode||Pen and Paper Based|
|Duration||2 hours for each (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)|
|Number of Seats||1300 approx.|
|Scorecard Validity||1 year|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
|Reservation of Seats||As per Government of Goa Regulations|
GCET 2020 Important Dates
Download Official GCET Brochure 2020
GCET 2020 Important Dates
DTE, Goa has released the official exam date for GCET 2020:
|Release of GCET 2020 Application form||May 26, 2020|
|Submission of GCET 2020 Application Form & Collection of Admit Card||June 10, 2020|
|Deadline for the submission of application form & collecting Admit Card (with late fee of INR 1500)||To be announced|
|GCET 2020 Exam Dates|
July 04 and July 05, 2020
|Announcement of Result||To be announced|
Eligibility for GCET
GCET 2020 Eligibility
Candidates who have already passed/have appeared, or are appearing at HSSC (Std. 12th Science) or equivalent examination, before the start of the academic session, are eligible to appear for GCET 2020. Candidates seeking admissions only to Pharmacy Course need not appear in Mathematics.
- Only Indian nationals can apply.
- Non-resident Indians or NRI with a valid passport can also apply under-seat reserved for NRI category.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) cardholders are also eligible for admissions to seats under NRI category.
- There is no restriction on the lower and upper age limit for admission in Pharmacy and Engineering courses.
|Engineering Courses||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board.|
He/she should have Physics, Mathematics, and English as a mandatory subject and any one of following the additional subject in Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/ Computer Science. Candidates must have scored at least 45% marks aggregate for the general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH candidates.
|B. Arch.||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Mathematics subject.|
They should have scored a minimum of 50% marks aggregate for the general group and 45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
Candidates should also qualify for the NATA exam.
|BHMS and AHS||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry & Biology subject.|
They must have secured at least 50% marks aggregate for the general group and 40% for SC/ST/PH candidates.
|B. Sc. Nursing||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subject.|
He/she should have scored at least 45% marks aggregate for general group and 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates.
|B. Pharma.||Candidates must have pass 10 + 2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and English as a compulsory subject.|
Apart from the above subject, candidates should have an additional subject in Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology, and Computer Science.
Kashmiri Migrants Only in Engineering Courses
The applicant should have passed class 12 examination or its equivalent examination with English, Physics, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with one of the following subjects: Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.
The student must secure not less than 45% marks in the subjects of Physics & Mathematics with one of the following subjects Chemistry/Bio-Technology/Computer Science/Biology.
How to apply for GCET?
How to Apply for GCET 2020?
Goa CET 2020 application forms have to be filled in offline mode. GCET 2020 Application Form consists of the following forms:
Form A: For admission to GCET based professional degree courses in Engineering & Pharmacy 2020-21.
Form B: For admission to NEET based professional degree courses in MBBS /BDS/AHS/ BHMS /BAMS/ Nursing 2020-21.
Form C: For admission to B.Arch degree course 2020-21 based on NATA.
Instructions for filling GCET 2020 Application Form:
- Photograph affixed on the application form should be a recent one (not taken earlier than 3 months prior to the date of application). 2 additional identical passport size photographs are to be enclosed with this application form.
- Write your name in CAPITAL LETTERS and Date of Birth as it appears in your class 10th mark sheet.
- The address must be complete, including the postal code.
- Telephone Number must be given with area code in brackets.
- Subject Code: Encircle codes of subjects you intend to attempt. The subject codes are:
Physics: PY | Chemistry: CH | Mathematics: MA
- Center Code: Write the preferred center code.
- Self-attested photocopies of the following CERTIFICATES to be enclosed:
a) SSCE (Class 10) Passing Certificate.
b) Std XII passing certificate or HSSC Examination Hall Ticket.
- This form should be accompanied by Demand draft for INR 2000/- payable at Panaji, in favor of “Director of Technical Education” drawn on any Scheduled Bank, or any other approved form of remittance, as may be duly notified.
Address for sending GCET Application Form:
Directorate of Technical Education,
Porvorim, Goa 403521
GCET 2020 Reservation Criteria
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||2%|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||12%|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3%|
|Freedom Fighter (FF)||1%|
|Central & State Personnel||3%|
|Ex-Defence Service Personnel||1%|
|GN (Grandparent/Parent from Goa)||2%|
|NRI||Up to 5%|
|Kashmiri Migrant||On the supernumerary basis for AICTE courses|
Goa CET 2020 Exam Centers
GCET 2020 will be held at the following test centers in the state of Goa. The code for center preferred should be correctly entered on the application form. Any request for a change in choice of papers and/or center selected/allotted shall not be entertained after the issue of the Admit Card.
Depending on the availability of accommodation at GCET test centers, The Admission Committee will allot the examination center. Allotment of Centre to applicants submitting forms (with late fees) will be done by the Admission Committee.
|Tiswadi Kujira||10||Dhempe Higher Secondary School of Arts and Science|
|Panaji||11||Goa College of Pharmacy|
|Verna||12||Fr. Angel Multipurpose Higher Secondary School|
|Navelim||13||Rosary College/ Higher Secondary of Arts and Commerce|
|Vasco||14||Deep Vihar High School|
|Mapusa||15||Purushottam Walawalkar Higher Secondary School|
|Ponda I||16||A.J.D Almeida High School|
|Ponda (Farmagudi)||17||G. V. Ms. Smt. N. J Aguiar Higher Secondary School|
|Bicholim||18||Narayan Zantye College of Commerce|
|Curchorem||19||Smt. Chandrabhaga T. Naik Higher Secondary School|
|Porvorim||20||Vidya Prabhodini Higher Secondary School|
|Assagao||21||DM’s PVS Sarojini M. Kushe Higher Secondary School|
|Sanquelim||22||Govt. Higher Secondary School|
|Cuncolim||23||Maria Bambina Higher Secondary School|
|Dharbandora||24||BBSS Vishweshwar Shankar Laad Higher Secondary School|
- Candidates should be seated in the exam center at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled start of the paper.
- No candidate is allowed to enter the test center after 30 minutes of commencement of the test.
- No candidate is permitted to leave the examination hall until the Goa CET is completed and all the answer sheets collected by the invigilators.
GCET 2020 Exam Schedule
|Physics||July 04 2020||10.00 to 12.00 hrs|
|Chemistry||July 04 2020||14.00 to 16.00 hrs|
|Mathematics||July 05 2020||10.00 to 12.00 hrs|
Goa CET 2020 Admit Card
GCET Admit card has to be obtained from the admission committee. The admit card will be issued only to candidates in person. Candidates must produce ‘Photo Admit Cards’ for appearing in the test at the designated center.
- Once the correct application form and fees are submitted by the candidate, an admit card will be issued thereafter to the respective candidates.
- The admit card will not be issued to those who have submitted incomplete application forms and/or documents.
- Admit card will not be reissued if it is lost.
- Admit card will consist of all the important details about the exam like dates & timing, candidate's name & roll number, venue for the exam.
- Candidates must bring their original admit card on the day of the exam to the venue.
- It is recommended to carry one Photo ID proof along with all the required documents.
Know GCET Exam Pattern
GCET 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates should be conversant with GCET 2020 Exam Pattern. Check the following information in respect to that:
|Mode of Exam||Offline | Pen & paper-based.|
|Type of Questions||Objective type questions|
|Number of Questions||75 MCQ type questions.|
|Exam Duration||2 hours for each (Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics)|
+1 mark for the correct answer.
There is no negative marking in the paper.
GCET 2020 Syllabus
Syllabus of the paper will be prepared on the basis of 10+2 level. The syllabus of the paper will include Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry. The whole question paper will only be asked from these subjects only. Read them syllabus below
|Electrostatics and Current electricity||Relations and functions|
|Atoms and nuclei||Algebra|
|Magnetic effects of current and magnetism||Calculus|
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents||Vectors and three-dimensional geometry|
|Electromagnetic waves||Linear programming|
|Dual nature of matter and radiation||-|
|Electronic devices and Communication systems||-|
|Surface chemistry||General principles and processes of isolation of elements|
|P-block elements||D and F block elements|
|Coordination compounds||Haloalkanes and Haloarenes|
|Alcohols, phenols and ethers||Aldehydes, Ketones and carboxylic acids|
|Organic compounds containing nitrogen||Bio-molecules|
GCET 2020 Cutoff
GCET Cutoff depends on many factors such as previous years cut-off, number of applicants, overall performance. Some of the factors are mentioned below:
- Number of Candidates appeared in the exam
- No of candidates qualify the exam
- Level of difficulty of question paper
- No. Of vacancy in the exam
- Cutoff may also be sectional wise
Candidates who applied for this exam are advised to check the expected cut off marks of GCET on the official website.
GCET 2020 Result
GCET 2020 Result
GCET Result will be available on the website of DTE Goa and on the Notice Board at DTE. No individual scorecard will be issued. Any change in schedule is notified in designated newspapers.
- On the basis of marks scored by the students, the merit list will be prepared for providing admission.
- There is no provision for revaluation/ marks verification.
- Candidates can download the merit list from the website.
GCET Counseling 2020
GCET Counselling process will commence in the month of July 2020. Registration for the same will start in the month of June 2020.
- As per the marks obtained by the candidates, a separate merit list is prepared for all the courses.
- Successful candidates are invited for counselling on the basis of merit list.
- The counselling must be personally attended by the respective candidates.
- All the candidates should carry their admit card, educational documents at the time of counselling.
- Candidates will get the seat or select the seat on the basis of their rank in the merit list.
- The reserved categories’ vacant seats will be merged with the general category at the end of each round on the admission process.
- At the time of admission, candidates have to bring their original required documents including 10th and 12th class mark sheets, the rank card of GCET 2020, passport size photo, certificate of 10th and 12th class, caste certificate, domicile certificate, and character certificate, etc.
- If candidates fail to appear for the admission rounds, their seats will be offered to other candidates in the merit list.
Documents Required for GCET Admission
- The photograph on the form
- Statement of marks/Certificate/provisional certificate of passing HSSC
- Copy of NEET UG -2020 result
- Certificate in support of residence
- Documents for relaxation in the period of residence, if any
- Certificate for reserved category claimed
- Certificate of date of birth
- School/college leaving certificate
- Eligibility Certificate from Goa University (for applicants other than Goa Board)
- Income Certificate (for fee concession)
- Copy of Aadhaar Card
- Acknowledgment card with photograph
- Candidate Copy of GCET Admit Card
- Copy of NEET Admit Card
Participating Colleges in GCET 2020
- Goa Medical College
- Goa Dental College & Hospital
- Goa College of Engineering
- Padre Conceicao College of Engineering
- Shree Rayeshwar Institute of Engg. & Info Tech.
- Don Bosco College of Engineering
- Agnel Institute of Technology and Design
- Goa College of Pharmacy
- P.E. S.Rajaram & Tarabai Bandekar College of Pharmacy
- Goa College of Architecture
- Shri Kamaxidevi Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital
- Gomantak Ayurveda Mahavidyalaya & Research Centre
- Institute of Nursing Education
- Vrindavan Institute of Nursing Education, Colvale
Frequently Asked Questions
Goa CET (GCET 2020) FAQs
Ques. When can I get the application form for GCET 2020?
Ans. GCET application form was available online at the official website www.dtegoa.gov.in from March 26, 2020. The form has to be downloaded from the online prospectus of GCET 2020.
Ques. Is the GCET Application form available online?
Ans. Yes, the application form is available online. Take the printout of the application form present in the online prospectus. Fill the application form and submit it to the address mentioned in person.
Ques. Yes, the application form is available online. Take the printout of the application form present in the online prospectus. Fill the application form and submit it to the address mentioned in person.
Ans. Along with the GCET application form, the candidates also need to send self-attested copies of the following documents:
- 3 passport size photographs, where the photograph should not be more than 3 months old.
- Copy of SSCE passing certificate.
- Copy of Class 12 passing certificate
- Demand Draft for the application fee.
Ques. What is the validity of GCET Goa Scores?
Ans. GCET score is valid for only one year (till the admission process closes).
Ques. I am a Diploma holder, can I apply for GCET?
Ans. Yes, Candidates who have completed 10+3 (diploma) with 50% aggregate marks are eligible to apply for GCET.
Ques. I am from another state, can I apply for GCET Goa?
Ans. Admission to professional courses in State of Goa is open to Indian nationals fulfilling the eligibility criteria under various categories.
Ques. How much late fees do I have to pay if I am submitting the application after the last cut-off date?
Ans. Candidate submitting GCET application after the cut-off date will have to pay Rs 1500 as late fee.
Ques. I have 2 application forms, A and B. Do I need to submit both of them during registration?
GCET application form consists of the following forms:
- Form A:For admission to GCET based professional degree courses in Engineering & Pharmacy 2020-19.
- Form B:For admission to NEET based professional degree courses in MBBS /BDS/AHS/ BHMS /BAMS/ Nursing 2020-19.
- Form C:For admission to B.Arch degree course 2020-19 based on NATA.
Ques. How many questions are asked in GCET Goa Exam?
Ans. There will be a total of 225 questions. 75 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Ques. What is the age limit for applying in GCET?
Ans. There is no restriction on the lower and upper age limit for admission in Pharmacy and Engineering courses.
Ques. Is there any negative marking?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking in the GCET examination.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee online?
Ans. No, the application fee can be paid offline only using Demand Draft.
Ques. How can I get my scorecard after the examination?
Ans. GCET Goa results will be published on the Notice Board at DTE and on the official website, and can be downloaded as PDF. Individual scorecard will not be issued to any candidate after the examination.
Ques. What is the GCET 2020 Cut off score?
Ans. The Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Goa will determine the cut-off scores based on the total number of candidates, candidates who qualified for the exam, seat capacity of the colleges, reservation, and difficulty level of the question paper. Based on the cut-off score and merit list, candidates will be offered admission to the respective universities/colleges in Goa.
Ques. For which streams is the GCET Examination held?
Ans. Candidates can get into professional courses such as Engineering, Pharmacy, Nursing, etc after qualifying in the GCET Goa examination.
Ques. Can NRI candidate appear in the examination?
Ans. Yes, NRI candidates with Indian passport can apply for the GCET in the NRI category.
Ques. Where are the test centers located?
Ans. There are about 15 test centers in Goa participating in GCET examination. Candidates can select their exam centers while filling the application form. Also candidates need to make sure that correct test center code is filled in because once the admit card is issued, candidates cannot change the test center location.
Ques. What is the syllabus for GCET 2020?
Ans. GCET 2020 covers the syllabus from Secondary and Higher secondary (10+2) as prescribed by the Goa Board of Secondary Education.
Ques. There is some discrepancy in the merit list, whom should I contact to have that rectified?
Ans. A provisional GCET Merit list will be available by June 13, 2020. Candidates are required to verify the list, either online or at the admission centers and contact the concerned authorities within 24 hours in case of any discrepancy.
Ques. Do I need to carry any acknowledgement card during GCET Counselling?
Ans. Yes, after filling in the GCET counselling form, an acknowledgement card will be issued to the candidates as a proof of receipt. This card needs to be carried during counselling.
Ques. How does the counselling for GCET take place?
Ans. GCET 2020 counselling will take place from June 18, 2020. This counselling happens in 3 rounds. In case of any vacancies, an additional round might be held as well. These rounds will go on from June 18 till August 13, 2020.
Ques. Where should I send the filled in application form?
Ans. After filling in the GCET application form, candidates need to take the form, and other required documents along with DD and submit them by going into the following center:
Ques. When can I get the GCET 2020 admit card online?
Ans. GCET Goa admit cards need to be collected in person by the candidates when they submit their application form. Candidates can also report, if any discrepancies found on the admit card immediately to the concerned authorities.
Ques. How frequently is the GCET exam conducted?
Ans. The GCET examination is conducted only once in a year.
Ques. What documents shall I carry during counselling?
Ans. During GCET 2020 counselling, candidates need to carry 2 recent passport size photographs, and the following documents:
- Class 12 marksheet or equivalent
- Income certificate.
- Residence certificate.
- Birth certificate from competent authority.
- Transfer certificate from last school/college attended.
- Certificate for reserved category candidates
- Acknowledgment card with photo.
- Domicile certificate.
Ques. How many participating institutes are there for GCET 2020 for B.E. program?
Ans. There are 5 participating institutes under the GCET B.E. program
Ques. Is there any reservation criteria available for the examination?
Ans. Yes, there is reservation criteria available and candidate need to show their category certificate as proof during counselling and admission. The reservation quota is as follows: SC candidate: 2 %, ST candidate: 12%, OBC: 27%, Physically Handicapped: 3%.
Ques. Is there any freedom fighter quota for the GCET exam?
Ans. Yes, there is a quota of 1% for Freedom fighter category.
Ques. Do I need the GCET admit card after the examination is over?
Ans. Yes, it is advisable to preserve the GCET admit card even after the examination, because the admit card will be required during counselling and admission.
Ques. Can I attempt the exam in any other language?
Ans. No, the medium of examination is English language only.
Ques. How many questions are allocated for each subject during the examination?
Ans. There are 3 subjects in the GCET examination: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Each paper consists of 75 questions, objective type of 1 mark each.
Ques. Do I need to mention any additional details while submitting the DD along with the application form?
Ans. While submitting the filled in application form and DD, it is required to fill in your name, address, and mobile number at the back side of the DD. It is also advisable that candidates keep a copy of the DD for their reference.
Ques. How many seats are allocated for the qualifying GCET candidates?
Ans. There are about 1300 seats available for the candidates qualifying the GCET examination.
Ques. Can I get admission into B. Arch after qualifying in the GCET examination?
Ans. Admission into B. Arch is based on NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) examination which can be taken after completing class 12 examination.
Ques. Is there any university wise cut-off available in GCET?
Ans. Yes, GCET 2020 cutoff will be based on discipline and institute. Hence candidate selected for one institute may not be eligible for B.Tech in another institute or discipline.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College