GMAT Registration process can be completed either online or offline or by mail. Candidates can proceed with GMAT registration from 6 months to 24 hours before the exam appointment. It is advised to complete GMAT exam registration 10 days before the exam date. Only 15-20 minutes is needed to complete the registration process. GMAT registration fee costs $250 (INR 18500). If the applicant wants to retake the GMAT, one must wait for 16 days before scheduling the next date for the GMAT.
Candidates taking the GMAT online exam get more choices and flexibility to attempt the exam. GMAC announced that from May 20 onwards candidates can avail these choices.
- GMAC announced the acceptance of the Aadhar Card for GMAT online exam as valid id proof.
- GMAT AWA is added in GMAT Online pattern to show analytical writing skills.
- Candidates can now choose the preferred section at first.
GMAT registration 2021 can be done online, offline, via phone, or via mail. GMAC considers all these mediums for registration to make the process accessible to candidates across rural and urban sections. Following steps need to follow during GMAT registration
Test takers can complete GMAT registration either online or offline or by phone or via mail. Interested candidates can only attempt the GMAT five times a year. Steps to register for GMAT are as follows
Step 1: Visit the official website
Step 2: If you are an existing candidate then you just need to log in with a password and id. If you are not an existing user then you will just have to register with id and password after creating an account
Step 3: After creating an account, candidates have to fill up different details required for GMAT registration
Step 4: In this step, candidates have to fill up all necessary details required while filling up the form. In this form, one has to provide all necessary personal details
Step 5: In this section, candidates have to select what are the preferences of communication. Through this mode of communication, candidates will get the latest information on GMAT
Step 6: In this section, candidates have to give detailed educational information. In this section, candidates also have to submit tentative dates of graduation. Here candidates will also get an overview idea about the GMAT score range.
Step 7: In this section, candidates have to give work experience details. Usually, top business schools prefer all those candidates who have work experience. In this section, candidates also have to write about specific industries in which they have worked earlier.
Step 8: In this section, candidates have to write down their preferred location where they aim to pursue higher education. Here candidates also have to write down a tentative time to start the academic session.
Step 9: In this section, candidates have to select preferable test centers as preferred location and convenience. There are more than 573 GMAT test centers allocated across 100 countries by GMAC.
Step 10: In this section, candidates have to write about the scheduled GMAT exam date. There will be a calendar where you will have to select a date as per the availability.
Step 11: It is the last step of GMAT registration, where candidates have to complete the final step by making a payment of GMAT registration fee of $250 through credit card.
It is also an option included by GMAC to register GMAT via mail. This service is for those test-takers who prefer offline mode as compared to online. GMAT registration via mail can be completed by following steps
- Download the form to schedule GMAT
- Fill in the downloaded form
- In the next step, candidates need to initiate the payment via cheque or money order
- A cheque or money order should be drawn in favor of US bank
- GMAT Registration Fees should be paid in USD
- If payment has been transacted through credit or debit card, it is necessary to provide necessary information regarding card
- Candidates need to send necessary documents to
Attention: GMAT Program
PO Box: 581907
Minneapolis: MN 55458-1907
*All the necessary documents should be received by the postal address at least 10 business days before GMAT
For completing GMAT registration via fax, candidates have to follow the steps as mentioned in the mail. After then, candidates have to fax all necessary documents to the specific regions as required
|Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA)||+4401618557301|
Interested candidates can also register for GMAT via phone. Most test takers prefer GMAT registration online because it is easy to sign up easily. After taking the GMAT, test takers can register into the official account to check the score report within 20 days. To register via phone, GMAC charges $10 as a service charge for each transaction. For the final step, the test taker has to send official GMAT scheduling and payment details. All these details should be reached to the authority at least 10 business days before the exam date.
|American Region||Telephone (toll-free): +1 (800) 717-GMAT (4628), 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT Telephone: +1 (952) 681-3680, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. CT Fax: +1 (952) 681-3681|
|Asia Pacific Region||Telephone: +852 3077 4926, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. AEST In India: +91 120-439-7830, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Indian Standard Time Fax: 6038319 1092|
|China Region||Telephone: 86-10-8234-5675, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. China Standard Time Fax: 86-10-61957800|
|EMEA Region||Telephone: +44 (0) 161 855 7219, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. GMT Fax: +44 (0) 161 855 7301|
GMAT is an international exam conducted by GMAC to measure the business analytical skills of the test takers. GMAT Registration Fee is $250. One needs to pay $50 to reschedule the exam on different dates and an amount of $80 is charged if the test taker cancels the exam. GMAT registration fee can be paid either via online or offline mode.
To make an online transaction of GMAT registration fee, candidates have to initiate payment via credit or debit cards, visa cards, MasterCard, AMEX or JCB. If a candidate fails to make a payment via credit or debit card, then registration will be canceled automatically. Candidates have to restart the appointment schedule with a valid session.
To make an offline payment of the GMAT registration fee, candidates have to initiate the payment via money orders or cashier cheque and personal cheque. This payment has to be made in favour of PEARSON VUE in US dollars. Within this registration fee, candidates have to pay applicable taxes. In this form, candidates should mention bank details along with name and signature, and address proof. Conducting body should receive GMAT offline mode at least 10days before the date of the exam. If the bank account doesn’t have sufficient amounts then the registration form will be nullified. Candidates will not be able to complete GMAT registration. Few instructions regarding GMAT exam registration fee payment via offline mode are as follows
- Candidates should initiate a payment to Pearson VUE GMAT in US dollars
- The amount should be drawn on a US bank
- The amount should include full amount along with applicable taxes
- Candidates should have written full name, bank name, address in front of the cheque properly
- Payment along with necessary documents should reach the authority at least 10 business days before the GMAT exam date
- If the account doesn’t have sufficient funds then Pearson VUE might incur a service fee from the bank account electronically.
- In that case, an appointment will be automatically terminated and the candidate has to schedule the next date for GMAT.
There are no specific GMAT exam dates. Test takers can take the exam multiple times in a year. One can register for the exam all year. Candidates should choose available dates with a proper plan. GMAT dates should be taken at least 3-4 months before the application deadlines of the promising business schools. Exam occurs in both halves of the day.
Few things to be followed as GMAT eligibility criteria
- Applicants should have a prominent domicile certificate of a particular country
- One should be at least 18 years of age to appear for GMAT
- If a candidate appears for GMAT between the age of 13-17 years, then a no-objection certificate is required from guardians
- One can attempt GMAT a maximum of 5 times a year
- One must wait for a minimum of 16 days before taking the next GMAT
- Candidates who have a perfect GMAT score out of 800 must wait for another 5 years before retaking the test
GMAC believes in making exam patterns easily accessible to test takers with or without disabilities. Those who are with disabilities have to request authorities to arrange minimum accommodations for making the exam comfortable. Steps that have to be followed are
- If you are an existing user, then log in with your id and password
- If you are a new user, then create an id with a valid email address
- One needs to complete the exam accommodations request form present on the website of GMAC to request necessary accommodation
- On the very next step, candidates have to mention disability type to avail required accommodation
- Send the complete GMAT accommodation request form with all necessary documents to PEARSON VUE either via the mailing address or fax
- After receiving the documents, candidates will receive a confirmation mail on registered email id
- If GMAC approves the request for accommodation, then only candidates should book a slot for GMAT
The test taker has to mention any specific kind of disability like
- Attention Deficit or hyperactive disorder
- Learning and Cognitive disabilities
- Physical and systemic disabilities
- Psychological disabilities
- Sensory disabilities (vision and hearing)
GMAC officials notice how the test takers all across the world appear for GMAT. The conducting body believes that the candidates should not travel much to appear for the exam. Applicants can select GMAT test centers as per available dates and slots at the preferred location. It is advisable to choose the nearest center making the least distance to be traveled.
Things to remember while choosing exam centers
- Candidates should choose the test center nearest to their own location
- If there is no test center close to the location, then applicants have to choose another location for GMAT
- Choose a date after proper planning
Applicants should know about the deadline of application to preferred business schools. Few steps in choosing GMAT test centers are as follows
- Visit the official website of GMAT
- Click on “Find Test Location”
- Choose the country of residence
- A list of test centers will be available in the selected country
- As per flexibility, candidates can choose up to 3 test centers as per location
- Always choose date and center as per convenience
GMAC allows the test takers to reschedule or cancel GMAT if any unavoidable situation appears. While registering, test-takers will get a GMAT handbook to explain fees and policies related to GMAT. Test takers should know a few important things before rescheduling or cancellation
- Test takers can cancel or reschedule exam via phone or online
- Extra $10 will be charged
- Test takers cannot make a change within 24 hrs of the test date
- If a candidate misses out scheduled exam date then a refund will not be processed
- Test-taker can reschedule a new exam date without waiting for 16 days
- If the test-taker requests any accommodation with the exam then it is required to contact the given number as mentioned in the approval letter
- If the test-taker wants to change the country in the rescheduled exam appointment then it is necessary to contact GMAC via phone
Test takers must read all policies and fees related to rescheduling and cancellation of exam
- If cancellation occurs more than 7 days before the exam date, a partial fee of $80 will be refunded
- If cancellation occurs 7 days or less before the scheduled exam date, no refund will be initiated
- For cancellation, the test taker has to call GMAT helpline specific to the region and request for cancellation by login into GMAT id to cancel the test online
Log in to GMAT profile
Click on MyGMAT
Click on Cancel GMAT
- If rescheduling occurs more than 7 days before the scheduled exam date then $60 will be charged additionally
- If rescheduling occurs 7 days or less before the scheduled exam date then $250 will be charged
- One cannot reschedule GMAT 24hrs before the scheduled exam date
- For rescheduling, test-taker has to call GMAT helpline specific to region to request for rescheduling or one can edit it via using GMAT profile
Login to GMAT profile from mba.com
Click on MyGMAT
Click on Reschedule GMAT
Select a new test date
Pay the extra charges using a credit card
While creating an account online on mba.com, test takers have to provide all necessary details to form a profile to handle for GMAT. Candidates have to be very cautious while making the profile on the official website of the GMAT. Required things to be noticed are as follows
- Full name of the applicant as mentioned in the passport
- Residential or correspondence address
- Contact details (phone number, email id)
- Date of Birth
- Bank transaction history
- Educational qualification
- Work experience
- Native language
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.