GPAT is a national level examination conducted by NTA every year for admission of students into M. Pharm. Courses. GPAT 2021 Exam date has been announced along with the complete schedule. Moreover, GPAT 2021 Registration has been started from December 22, 2020. Candidates planning to take the exam must be well aware of the GPAT syllabus.
Candidates can access the detailed GPAT 2021 Syllabus in this article below.
GPAT 2021 Syllabus: Subject-wise Weightage
A wide range of questions is asked from various subjects in GPAT 2021. Subject wise weightage has been mentioned below in the table.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
GPAT 2021 Syllabus
GPAT Syllabus for the session 2021 is composed of four major sections namely. The candidates can find the official GPAT Syllabus below.
- Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
GPAT Exam Pharmaceutics Syllabus
- Physical Pharmacy.
- Microbiology In Pharmacy.
- Pharmaceutical jurisprudence & Ethics.
- Introduction to Dispensing and Community Pharmacy.
- The Importance of unit operations in manufacturing.
- Dosages Forms, designing & evaluation.
Download the detailed official Pharmaceutics GPAT Syllabus
GPAT Pharmaceutical Chemistry Syllabus
- Inorganic Pharmaceutical & medicinal chemistry.
- Physical Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy.
- Organic Chemistry and its importance in pharmacy.
- Medicinal Chemistry.
- Pharmaceutical Analysis.
Download the detailed official Pharmaceutical Chemistry GPAT Syllabus
GPAT Pharmacology Syllabus
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases.
- Fundamentals of general pharmacology.
- Basic Concepts of Pharmacotherapy.
Download the detailed official Pharmacology GPAT Syllabus
GPAT Pharmacognosy Syllabus
- Sources of Drugs.
- Volatile Oils.
- Glycoside Containing Drugs.
- Alkaloid Containing Drugs.
- Studies of Traditional Drugs.
Download the detailed official Pharmacognosy GPAT Syllabus
GPAT Syllabus for General Techniques
- General Techniques of Biosynthetic Studies.
- Basic Metabolic Pathways/Biogenesis.
- The role of plant-based drugs in the National economy.
- Applications of plant tissue culture in pharmacognosy.
- Marine pharmacognosy.
GPAT Exam Pattern
- GPAT is a computer-based online examination.
- It is a 3-hour long examination.
- The candidates taking the GPAT 2021 have to attempt 125 questions within the stipulated time period.
- Each question carries 4 marks. Hence the total marks of the GPAT Question paper will be 500.
- The marking scheme of GPAT Exam includes negative marking assessment. 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer attempted.
Read the complete details of GPAT Exam Pattern.
GPAT 2021 Preparation Tips
The candidates aspiring to clear the GPAT Exam can find a synopsis of preparation strategy that they can adopt while preparing for the examination. An integral part of the preparation for any entrance examination is going through the previous years’ question papers and going through the detailed Paper analysis. Persistently practicing the GPAT question papers will aid the candidates in self-analysis in context with the examination. This, on the other hand, will help them in deducing a proper timeline-based preparation strategy.
Find the complete details of GPAT Preparation and GPAT Books.
GPAT 2021 Syllabus FAQ
Ques. Is GPAT Syllabus sufficient to get a high score or crack the entrance examination?
Ans. Yes, there is a high chance to get a maximum score in the entrance examination if you go through all the topics in detail from GPAT Syllabus. However, for better understanding, you can get help from the other context related to the subject matter of the syllabus.
Ques. What are the most important topics under the section of Pathophysiology in GPAT 2021 Syllabus?
Ans. Some of the most important topics from the section of Pathophysiology in the syllabus are mentioned below.
- Pathophysiology of Common Diseases
- Fundamentals of general pharmacology
- Pharmacology of Peripheral Nervous System
- Disorders of various cells
Ques. Which topic do I need to focus on between Pharmaceutical Engineering and Pharmaceutical Management from the exam syllabus?
Ans. You need to focus on both the topics mentioned above those are equally important for the entrance test. You cannot miss out any subtopics from these sections.
Ques. Form which section of GPAT 2021 Syllabus shall I get the maximum question in the examination?
Ans. The section Pharmaceutical Chemistry of the syllabus carries maximum questions in the entrance test.
Ques. Is it correct that the topic of Chemotherapy is excluded from the syllabus of GPAT 2021?
Ans. No, this is a very important one. And, this topic is there in the syllabus under section Pharmacology.
Ques. Which section is the most scoring one from the entire syllabus of GPAT 2021?
Ans. All the section are scoring and not so difficult from the syllabus but among them, you can get maximum score from the section Pharmaceutical Chemistry as this section carries the maximum weightage.
Ques. Which section is the most difficult one in GPAT Syllabus?
Ans. If you read and understand all the subject matter of the whole syllabus, no section will be difficult for you to answer any question expected to come in the examination.
Ques. Are there any changes in the current syllabus of GPAT 2021 comparing to the syllabus of last year?
Ans. No, there are no major changes in the syllabus of the recent year as compared to the last year’s GPAT syllabus.
Ques. Is there any chance to face any hardship to mark the answer in the question paper if I skip the sub-section Nervous System from the section Pharmacology in the syllabus?
Ans. It is better not to skip the topic nervous system from the section of Pharmacology in the syllabus. As per the previous year’s question, some of the questions have arrived from this section in the examination. So, it will be definitely good for you if you take preparation from this section as well.
Ques. Is it possible to cover all the topics of GPAT syllabus in the last month only to clear the exam?
Ans. Though the topics are not so difficult to understand it is not good to start all the topics from scratch. As all the sections are from the UG level, so you can face fewer difficulties to cover all the topics. But it is necessary to start the preparation at least a few months before appearing in the examination or from the final year of your degree level.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.