Table of Contents
GSAT 2020 Application Form (Extended), Dates, Eligibility, Exam Pattern and Syllabus
GSAT is conducted by the GITAM Institute of Science is a part of GITAM University and it offers many undergraduates as well as postgraduate programmes to aspirants. It is a national level exam conducted every year for admitting aspirants into various UG and PG Science programs offered by GITAM University in its 3 campuses- Visakhapatnam, Hyderabad, and Bengaluru. GSAT 2020 will be conducted in June 2020 (Tentative) in offline mode.
Latest: GSAT 2020 Application submission dates have been extended till May 23, 2020. Apply here
- Applicants must have passed class 12 or graduation in science stream with a minimum 50% marks to appear for the exam. Check GSAT Eligibility
- GSAT exam is conducted once a year.
- The application fee for all category candidates is INR 500.
- The exam consists of 60 objective type questions carrying one mark each.
- The duration for UG and PG exam is of 1 hour. CheckGSAT Exam Pattern
- The results are declared within 2 weeks of conducting the exam.
- Admission is based on the rank obtained in the entrance exam.
GSAT 2020 Highlights
The list of important details about the entrance exam for the year 2020 is given below:
|Full Name||GITAM Science Admission Test|
|Conducting body||GITAM University|
|Exam Mode||Offline (pen and paper based)|
|Application Mode||Both Online and offline|
GSAT 2020 Exam Dates
GSAT 2020 Exam Dates
The exam schedule will be released on the official website. Applicants can check the following table to know the exam scheduled:
|Commencement of online Application||March 20, 2020|
|Last date for submitting the Application form||May 23, 2020 (Extended)|
|Issue of Admit Card||To be announced|
|Date of GSAT 2020 entrance exam||To be announced|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
|Counselling and spot admission||June 2020|
GSAT 2020 Courses Offered
GSAT 2020 is a portal for admission to various UG and PG programs. Many of the university’s departments are supported by DST, DBT, FIST programs. The courses offered in this institute are:
|PG Courses||UG Courses|
|M.Sc. Applied Mathematics||BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications|
|M.Sc. Environmental Science||BEM (Bachelor of Environmental Management)|
|M.Sc. Biochemistry||B.Sc. (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry)|
|M.Sc. Food Science & Technology||B.Sc. (Mathematics, Physics, Electronics)|
|M.Sc. Bioinformatics||B.Sc. (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science)|
|M.Sc. Microbiology||B.Sc. (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science)|
|M.Sc. Biotechnology||B.Sc. (Mathematics, Electronics, Computer Science)|
|M.Sc. Physics||B.Sc. (Biochemistry, Microbiology, Bioinformatics)|
|M.Sc. Analytical Chemistry||B.Sc. (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Bioinformatics|
|MCA (Master of Computer Applications)||B.Sc. (Biotechnology, Chemistry, Microbiology)|
|M.Sc. Electronics Science||B.Sc. (Hons.) Food Technology|
|M.Sc. Organic Chemistry||B.Sc.(Hons.) Chemistry|
|M.Sc. Data Science||Integrated M. Sc. Biotechnology (5 years)|
GSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
GSAT 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for GSAT 2020 is as set up by the GITAM University. Applicants must ensure that they meet the eligibility requirements before applying for the exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
- For BEM, 5-year Integrated M.Sc. and BCA: Aspirants seeking admission to the above programs require a minimum aggregate of 50% marks in science subjects in the qualifying examination of Higher Secondary of 10+2 level. Students who have appeared or are appearing for the final examinations of the qualifying exam in 2020 are also eligible to apply for GSAT 2020.
- For Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.withMathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Computer Science/Electronics): Candidates seeking admission in this course must have Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry at 10+2 level and should secure an aggregate of not less than 50%.
Aspirants must have the below-mentioned qualifying degree to be eligible for the various PG programs. They must secure an aggregate of at least 50% or second class in the group (optional) subjects.
- For M.Sc. Applied Mathematics: Applicants must have a B.Sc. degree with Mathematics as one of the subjects and Math and Physical sciences in Intermediate or 10 +2 level from a recognized university.
- For M.Sc. Physics: Students must have a B.Sc. degree with Physics, Mathematics and any other subject to be eligible for GSAT 2020 from a recognized institution.
- For M.Sc. Electronics Science: Aspirants must have a B.Sc. degree with Electronics/ Physics, Mathematics, and any other subject.
- For M.Sc. Chemistry (Analytical/ Organic/ Pharmaceutical): Candidates should have completed B.Sc. course with Chemistry as one of the subjects from a recognized university or institution.
- For M.Sc. Life Sciences Program (Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology): Applicants must have a B.Sc. degree with Life Sciences/ Chemistry/ B.A. Home Science/ B.Tech. in allied subjects/ B.Pharm/ B.P.T/ M.L.T from a recognized institute to be eligible for the test.
- For M.Sc. Bioinformatics: The eligibility criterion for this course is the same as that for M.Sc. Life Sciences or students can also be eligible if they possess a B.Sc. degree from a recognized institute with Mathematics, Physics or Computer Science.
- For M.Sc. Environmental Science: For admission into this course, first preference is given to BEM candidates. The seats that remain vacant is allotted to candidates with B.Sc. in Life Sciences or Physical Sciences/ B. Tech. or B. Pharm.
- For Master of Computer Applications (MCA): Aspirants must have any recognized degree with Mathematics at 10+2 level or Degree level or equivalent examination.
GSAT 2020 Application Form
The application form for GSAT 2020 will be released on March 20, 2020. Aspirants are allowed to download the application form or apply online from the official website gsat.gitam.edu.
Check the following steps to fill the application form in online mode:
Step 1: New applicant registration
- Visit the official website
- Click on the "New Applicant" button.
- Subsequently, an application number is generated.
- Upon successful registration, click on the “Login” button to proceed.
Step 2: Login
- Login with the email ID/Application number.
Step 3: fill the online application form
- Provide all relevant details, before submission of application.
- The photograph size should not exceed 50 KB and in jpg/jpeg format only.
- All the documents/certificates should be uploaded in PDF format only.
- Select the “Payment” option from the menu to make the online fee payment.
- Take a printout of application number for all your future correspondence.
Check the following steps to fill the application form offline:
- Applications are available to download from GITAM website gitam.edu
- Applications are available to obtain by post, from Principal, GITAM Institute of Science by sending a request on plain paper giving the candidate's name with complete mailing address, accompanied by DD for Rs.550/-(inclusive of Test fee Rs. 500/) drawn in favor of Principal, GITAM Institute of Science payable at Visakhapatnam on any scheduled bank. Request by post is accepted till 20th April 2020 for UG and PG programs.
- Candidates appearing for more than one test need to submit separate application along with the prescribed fee of Rs.500/- for each test. Filled in applications along with attested copies of the following certificates and the prescribed fee of Rs.500/-should reach the Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM (Deemed to be University), Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530045, A.P., India on or before April 30, 2020
Candidates must attach the following certificates along with the application form and DD of fees:
- Date of Birth extract of SSC/ ICSE/ CBSE/ Matriculation certificate.
- Degree or Provisional Certificate of the qualifying degree examination in the case of applicants appearing for PG programs.
- Higher Secondary or 10 +2 certificate in the case of candidates appearing for UG programs.
- Caste Certificate issued by the appropriate authority for claiming reservation under SC or ST category.
- Medical Certificate issued by competent authority for claiming PwD category.
Students appearing for more than one test need to submit separate application along with the requisite fees of INR 600/- for each test paper.
The application fee for each course is INR 500/- irrespective of the category of students. The application fee for the 5-year Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry course, sponsored by Laurus Labs is INR 500/-. Aspirants must pay the fees only via a Demand Draft of INR 550/- (inclusive of the test fee of INR 300/-) drawn in favor of the:
Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University, Rushikonda, Visakhapatnam-530 045
GSAT 2020 Admit Card
GSAT 2020 Admit Card
GSAT 2020 Admit Card is sent to all the applicants by post, one week before the date of the entrance test. Admit card should be retained carefully as it has to be produced at the time of admission and counseling.
- Hall tickets can also be downloaded from the official website of GSAT.
- The admit card has details about the applicant such as the roll number and the test center allotted along with the address.
- Admit card is an important document of the exam and no applicant is granted entry into the exam hall without it.
- In case any individual does not receive the admit card on time, they are advised to contact the office of the Principal, GITAM Institute of Science, GITAM University 2 days before the test date.
Phone No: (0891) 2840516/ 450 / 452
GSAT 2020 Exam Center
GSAT 2020 Exam Center
Candidates had to choose the city preferred by them at the time of registration. If the sufficient number of candidates do not opt for a particular center, they are allotted to the nearby center.
Exam center once allotted is not be changed under any circumstance. The exam is conducted in 30 cities across the country. The following table shows the centers name:
GSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
GSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- The exam consists of 60 multiple choice questions to be answered within 60 minutes.
- It is held in the offline mode and applicants is required to mark their answers on an OMR sheet.
- Applicants have to choose the test code according to the course they wish to pursue.
- The subject matter and distribution of questions vary for each test type.
- Every correct answer will fetch the candidate +1 mark, negative marking is not applicable.
The syllabus for each course is given in the information brochure of GSAT in detail. The syllabus for UG courses is of Higher Secondary or 10+2 level. Questions based on class 11th and 12th are asked from the subjects chosen. The syllabus for PG courses is based on qualifying degree knowledge in respective fields. The standard of questions asked is of graduation level.
GSAT 2020 Results
GSAT 2020 Results will be declared within 2 weeks of conducting the exam for both UG and PG programs. The results will be declared on the official website of GSAT. Candidates can access their result by following these few easy steps:
- Visit the official GSAT website.
- Search for the ‘GSAT Result’ option in Admission Information head and click on it.
- Enter your roll number/ application number and date of birth. Click on ‘Submit.’
- The result will appear on the screen. Download the result and save it for further admission rounds.
A merit list of candidates who qualify the exam is uploaded soon on the website after the declaration of results. Applicants are given GSAT 2020 Ranks according to the marks secured by them in the particular test. The merit list will contain the names of candidates in order of ranks secured by them.
GSAT 2020 Counselling
GSAT 2020 Counseling Process will start around June 2020. The candidates short-listed via the merit list must attend the counseling session for admission in the various courses offered by the GITAM University. The schedule for the same is uploaded on the website. Aspirants must attend the session according to the time and date allotted to them. Seats are allotted on the basis of merit and preference of course and campus as chosen by the candidate. The counseling process will take place in the following way:
- The counseling session is held as per the scheduled time and date at the GITAM University.
- Candidates will have to fill a preference form.
- They are offered seats based on merit. The documents are verified, and certificates are checked.
- If the aspirant wishes to accept the seat offered, he must pay the requisite fees at the time of counseling; otherwise, his admission is cancelled, and the seat is offered to the next eligible student.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College