Table of Contents
HBSAT 2020 Registration, Pattern, Syllabus, Result
Hyderabad Business School Admission Test (HBSAT) is a university level entrance test for admissions in MBA programs offered by GITAM Hyderabad Business School. The test is conducted by Hyderabad Business School under GITAM University. The institute offers two types of MBA programs- MBA Dual Specialisation and MBA Fintech.
Latest:HBSAT 2020 Application Form has been available on the official website.
|HBSAT 2020 Exam Pattern||HBSAT 2020 Syllabus|
Registration for HBSAT 2020 has been started from December 7, 2020. Candidates can apply online or request an application form via post. Score of management entrance exams - CAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ NMAT are also accepted for admission in the institute. Such candidates are exempted from HBSAT 2020 and they only need to apply for GD/PI round.
HBSAT 2020 will comprise of 100 questions. The paper is divided into 5 sections. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded. No marks will be deducted for incorrect answers. Final selection of the student is based on their aggregate test scores, group discussion, and personal interview scores.
HBSAT 2020 Highlights Table
|Date of HBSAT 2020||February 22, 2020|
|Conducting Body||GITAM Hyderabad Business School|
|Mode of HBSAT 2020||Online|
|Duration of HBSAT 2020||90 minutes|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent|
HBSAT 2020 Exam Dates
Notification will be released on the university official website regarding the exam. The following table shows HBSAT 2020 Dates:
|Event||Date (Phase – I)||Date (Phase – II)|
|Availability of online Application Form||December 7, 2020||April 18, 2020|
|Last date of submission of online application form||January 18, 2020||May 23, 2020|
|Availability of Admit Card||January 2020||May 2020|
|Date of 2020||February 2020||June 6, 2020|
|Declaration of Result||March 2020||July 2020|
Who can Apply for HBSAT 2020?
- There is no provision stated for this. Candidates from all over the world can apply for the exam.
- Foreign and NRI candidates need to apply through the GMAT score.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree of at least three years or equivalent with a minimum aggregate 50% marks in any discipline.
- Candidates in the final year of the bachelor’s course must complete the same by August 2020.
- There is no age limit stated to be eligible for the exam.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no limit on the number of times a candidate can appear for HBSAT.
How to Apply for HBSAT 2020?
There are two modes to apply for HBSAT 2020. Application details in both the modes are mentioned below.
Online Application Form:
- Visit the official website ghbs.in.
- Click on Apply Online.
- Choose the course betweenUG or PG.
- Enter the details asked like Name, Contact Number, Category, Academic Qualifications, etc.
- Submit the form. Take a print out of the Application Form.
- Attach a recent passport-sized photograph.
- Send it along with a DD of application fee INR 700/- drawn in favor of GITAM payable at Hyderabad to the following address-
GITAM(Deemed to be University) City Office
- Candidates are also required to send the photocopies of the following documents:
- 10th and 12th provisional certificates and mark sheets of the qualifying examination
- MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT scorecards/ admit cards (if applicable)
Offline Application Form:
- Brochure and Application Form can be obtained by payment of Rs. 700/- through the following means, within the datelines soon to be released.
- Through DD in person at GITAM City office at Khairatabad, Hyderabad
- By post (enclosing DD or pay order drawn in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” payable at Hyderabad)
HBSAT 2020 Application Form Correction
There is no provision for form correction once the form has been submitted. Candidates must make sure that all the information is accurate.
Read More about HBSAT 2020 Registration
How to Download HBSAT 2020 Admit Card?
- Candidates can download the admit card only from the official website.
- No admit cards will be sent via emails or posts.
- Candidates must carry their admits cards along with valid identity proof to the examination centers.
- Visit the official website of GITAM Hyderabad Business School ghbs.in
- Click on the Download Admit Card
- Enter the valid Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the Submit button
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take a print out of the same
The admit card will have the following information on it-
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Application ID
- Roll Number
- Date and Day of Examination
- Address of the Exam center
HBSAT 2020 Exam Center
- HBSAT 2020 will be conducted at 24 different cities.
- Candidates have to choose the examination center according to their preference while filling the form.
- Hyderabad Business School has all the rights to allocate different examination center according to the availability of seats.
The following table shows the location of the different HBSAT 2020 Exam Centre:
|Test Cities||Test Cities|
HBSAT 2020 Exam Pattern
- HBSAT 2020 will be conducted in computer-based mode.
- The test will comprise of 100 questions each of 1 mark.
- The question paper is divided into 5 sections namely, Data Sufficiency, Mathematics Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning.
- The duration of examination is 90 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in English.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect responses.
The following table shows the composition of the test:
|Section||No. of questions|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
Check HBSAT 2020 Result
HBSAT 2020 Syllabus
- There are no official guidelines released regarding the syllabus of HBSAT.
- However, it is similar to the syllabus of other management entrance tests. The following table shows the important topics related to HBSAT 2020:
|Data Sufficiency||Data interpretations|
|Mathematical Ability||Profit, Loss, and Discount|
|Time and Work|
|Time, Speed and Distance|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||Strong & Weak Arguments|
|Statements and Conclusions|
|Statements & Inferences|
|Logical Sequence of Words|
|Course of Action|
|Causes and Effects|
|Idioms and Phrases|
|Series Missing Numbers|
|Odd one out|
|Direction and Distance test|
Recommended books for HBSAT 2020 Preparation:
The following table shows the names of the books along with their author’s name that students can follow for preparing examination:
|Name of the Book||Author Name|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Agarwal|
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths||M. Tyra|
HBSAT 2020 Result
- HBSAT 2020 Result will be announced in the month of March 2020.
- Candidates will be ranked in the list on the basis of their scores in the written test.
- Final selection of the student is based on the group discussion and personal interview. By following below steps students can download HBSAT 2020 Result:
- Visit the official website of Hyderabad Business School.
- Click on Result.
- Enter the roll number and date of birth.
- The result will be displayed as a scorecard in pdf format.
- Download and take a print for future references.
- The scorecard will have the following information on it-
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Sectional marks scored
- Overall marks scored
- Minimum qualifying cut off marks.
HBSAT 2020 Cut off
- Candidates scoring more than or equal to the minimum cut off marks will be eligible for GD-PI rounds.
- Candidates who fulfill the cut off stated for other entrance exams will also be eligible for GD-PI rounds.
- Cut off marks will be decided based on the following factors :
- Total numbers of candidates appear for the exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average scores obtained by a candidate in the entrance test.
- Reservation criteria of the Hyderabad Business School, GITAM
Read More about HBSAT 2020 Result
HBSAT 2020 Selection Process
- The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of written test, group discussion, and personal interview.
- All the candidates scoring the minimum qualifying cut off will be invited for Group discussion and Personal Interview.
- Selected candidates must bring the following list of documents at the time of GD-PI for verification.
- 10th and 12th Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination
- School Leaving/ Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Admit Card of HBSAT 2020C
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Class X pass certificate
- The two rounds assess the candidates as mentioned below:
- Group Discussion: Candidates will be evaluated in the Group Discussion Exercise of their ability to apply logic and reasons. Group discussion brings out the candidates’ ability to make decisions and management skills are highlighted.
- Personal Interview: The candidates’ overall personality and confidence will be assessed in this round. Candidates must confidently answer questions related to his/her own academic area and work experience.
Hyderabad Business School Fee Structure
|1st Year||2nd Year||Total of Rs.|
|On registration day before the commencement|
of classes i.e, June / July 2020
|Total||3,60,000/-||3,60,000/-||7,20,000/- (May Vary)|
HBSAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. Who conducts the Hyderabad Business School Admission Test?
Ans. Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test (HBSAT) is conducted by Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus.
Ques. Why HBSAT entrance test conducted?
Ans. HBSAT entrance test is conducted to give MBA aspirants a platform to pursue a two-year full-time Masters in Business Administration.
Ques. Who has approved MBA from HBSAT?
Ans. UGC India (University Grants Commission), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi has approved MBA from HBSAT.
Ques. What academic qualifications does a candidate require to apply for HBSAT 2020?
Ans. Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from a recognized university/college, with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks. The Bachelor’s Degree obtained by candidates must be a minimum of three years’ education after completing their 10+2 schooling system or equivalent.
Ques. Can students in their final year of graduation apply for HBSAT 2020?
Ans. Students who are in their final year of Bachelor's Degree are also eligible to apply for HBSAT 2020, provided they should be able to present the proof of having met all the eligibility criteria by August.
Ques. Does Hyderabad Business School accept any other score except HBSAT for admissions to MBA?
Ans. Yes, apart from HBSAT 2020 scorecard, the business school accepts another scorecard too such as MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT. However, foreign nationals and NRIs must attempt GMAT at a test center outside India before applying for HBSAT.
Ques. What is the process of filling in HBSAT 2020 Application form?
Ans. Candidates can get HBSAT 2020 application form via online mode. In order to fill in the application, they need to visit the official website of HBSAT and locate the link that says “HBSAT 2020 application form”. They need to fill in all the personal and professional details and pay the required application fee to be successfully registered for the entrance examination.
Ques. What is the mode of payment for HBSAT application form? How much do the candidates need to pay?
Ans. HBSAT 2020 application fee is INR 700. Those interested in applying for the entrance test need to pay the fee by any of the following modes:
- Cash– It could be directly submitted to Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus.
- Demand Draft– Another means of application form payment is via demand draft/ Pay Order drawn in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” payable at Hyderabad It must be noted that candidates who possess a valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT-2020 scorecard do not need to appear for HBSAT 2020. However, they are required to fill in the admission form.
Ques. What is the procedure to download HBSAT 2020 Admit Card?
Ans. Candidates must keep a note that admit card is one of the most important documents for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test and it needs to be carried on the exam day to the exam hall. It can be downloaded from the official website of HBS BY entering their registration number and Date of Birth. Few print outs must be taken for their future academic endeavor.
Ques. What information does the released HBSAT 2020 admit card contains?
Ans. Admit card released online contains candidates’ personal as well as academic details mentioned below:
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s Roll Number
- Applicant's Application Number
- Applicant’s photograph and signature
- Date and Time of Examination
- Test Venue and Address
- Instructions for examination day
Candidates are recommended to cross check all the details carefully before heading to the exam center for the written test.
Ques. What is the mode of HBSAT examination?
Ans. HBSAT examination will be conducted via online mode. Candidates must have knowledge of how to use a computer in order to attempt the test successfully.
Ques. How could one retrieve HBSAT 2020 results?
Ans. Unlike HBSAT mode of examination, results could be retrieved via online mode only from the official website of GITAM Hyderabad Business School. Candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps to access their results:
- Visit the official website of HBSAT examination ghbs.in.
- Locate the link that says “ HBSAT 2020 results”
- Tap on the link and enter the candidate’s roll number and name.
- Hit submit.
- HBSAT results will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates must take a few print outs of the same for the future academic endeavor.
Ques. What is the basic exam pattern of HBSAT entrance test?
Ans. The basic HBSAT exam pattern is bulleted below:
- The exam paper will comprise of 100 questions
- 90 minutes of time will be allotted to candidates.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Language of HBSAT entrance test will be English.
Ques. What are the sections that are covered in HBSAT test?
Ans. The HBSAT questions paper will be divided into 5 sections namely Data sufficiency, Mathematical Ability, Communication, and Business Aptitude, English and Reasoning respectively.
Ques. What is the selection procedure for HBSAT?
Ans. The selection of candidates for MBA in HBSAT is written entrance test followed by group discussion and personal interview. Candidates who manage to get through all the scheduled rounds and fulfill the eligibility criteria will be successfully selected.
Ques. What are HBSAT 2020 test centers?
Ans. The examination conducting authority decides test centers for HBSAT 2020. Besides Hyderabad, the centers include Bhubaneswar, Bellary, Bengaluru, Chennai, Coimbatore, Gulbarga, Kozhikode, Patna, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Raipur, Kolkata, Kathmandu, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Jalpaiguri, Pune, Trivandrum, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam, and Warangal respectively.
Ques. What is the procedure of allotting test centers to candidates?
Ans. Candidates are required to indicate their preferred center in the application form itself. If a candidate’s preferred center is not allotted to them, for some valid reason, they will be informed about the change. GITAM HBS reserves all the right to change the centers for the selection process, without assigning any reasons from their side.
Ques. What can a candidate do if found a discrepancy in HBSAT 2020 admit card?
Ans. In case, candidate detects any discrepancy in their HBSAT 2020 admit card, they must immediately report to GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus and get it corrected as it is one of the most document and any error will not be accepted on the exam day.
Ques. What are the contact details for GITAM University, where candidates can contact in case of any discrepancy?
Ans. Below mentioned is the address of GITAM University:
Hyderabad Business School (HBS) GITAM University,
Hyderabad Campus Rudraram,
Medak Dist.Telangana – 502329 Phone: 08455-221361/362 Fax: 08455-221363. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ques. Will there be a deduction in marks in case of the unattempted question?
Ans. No, there will be no deduction of marks for unattempted question. Since there is no negative marking for incorrect answers, candidates are recommended to attempt all the question and give it a shot.
Ques. When will the results for HBSAT 2020 declare?
Ans. HBSAT 2020 results will be declared tentatively by June 4, 2020. Cut off will also be declared along with the basis of the results which candidates will be shortlisted for further rounds for selection.
Ques. What reservation criterion does GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus follows?
Ans. The reservation will be practiced as per the rules of the Hyderabad government. SC/ST/OBC and physically disabled candidates will be benefitted with the policies.
Ques. What are the specializations offered by GITAM University in Post Graduate in Management?
Ans. MBA Program Specialization, major and minor, are offered in areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource, and International Business as per the business school norms.
Ques. What companies visit the Hyderabad Business School’s campus for placement activities Management candidates?
Ans. The placement is observed to more than 90% since the past few years. Companies like Bny Mellon, KPMG, Blue Star Infotech, Puma, Bajaj Corp. Ltd., Capital First, Amazon, Aditya Birla Group, Amara Raja, Asian Paints, Aurobindo, Axis Bank, Bajaj Capital, Berkadia, Google, Deloitte, ICICI bank and many more.
Ques. What is the placement report for the past few years for HBSAT?
Ans. The placement records observed over the past 4 years are tabulated below:
|YEAR||PERCENTAGE OF STUDENTS PLACED||Highest Package|
Ques. What is the medium of education at GITAM University?
Ans. The medium of instruction at GITAM University, Hyderabad Business School is English.
Ques. Can an applicant change his/her HBSAT 2020 test center?
Ans. The applicant needs to make a choice as per the preferred test center because the request for change of the center shall not be entertained.
Ques. What is the counseling process of HBSAT 2020 examination?
Ans. HBSAT 2020 counseling process is bulleted below • Students are shortlisted based on the HBSAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT or ATMA scores. • Previous educational background will also be taken into consideration. • Apart from the written test, group discussion followed by a personal interview will constitute the final stage for the selection. • Shortlisted students need to make an initial payment to get confirmed for the admission.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of HBSAT 2020 counseling?
Ans. Students are required to bring the following documents at the time of HBSAT 2020 counseling for verification:
- 10th and 12th standard mark-sheet of the qualifying examination
- School Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- HBSAT 2020 admit card
- Candidate’s category certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10th passing certificate for age verification.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College