HBSAT 2018 Registration, Pattern, Syllabus, Result
Hyderabad Business School Admission Test (HBSAT) is a university level entrance test for admissions in MBA programs offered by GITAM Hyderabad Business School. The test is conducted by Hyderabad Business School under GITAM University. The institute offers two types of MBA programs- MBA Dual Specialisation and MBA Fintech.
Registration for HBSAT 2018 will commence in November 2018. Candidates can apply online or request an application form via post. Score of management entrance exams - CAT/ CMAT/ ATMA/ MAT/ XAT/ GMAT/ NMAT are also accepted for admission in the institute. Such candidates need only apply for GD/PI round.
HBSAT 2018 will comprise of 100 questions. The paper is divided into 5 sections. For every correct answer 1 mark will be awarded. No marks will be deducted for incorrect answers.Final selection of the student is based on their aggregate test scores, group discussion and personal interview scores.
HBSAT 2018 Highlights Table
|Date of HBSAT 2018||January 2019|
|Conducting Body||GITAM Hyderabad Business School|
|Mode of HBSAT 2018||Online|
|Duration of HBSAT 2018||90 minutes|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent|
HBSAT 2018 Exam Dates
Notification will be released on the university official website regarding the exam in the month of November 2018. The following table shows HBSAT 2018 Dates:
|Availability of online Application Form||November 2018|
|Last date of submission of online application form||Mid December 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||January 2019|
|Date of 2018||January 2019|
|Declaration of Result||March 2019|
Who can Apply for HBSAT 2018?
- There is no provision stated for this. Candidates from all over the world can apply for the exam.
- Foreign and NRI candidates need to apply through GMAT score.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree of atleast three years or equivalent with minimum aggregate 50% marks in any discipline.
- Candidates in the final year of the bachelor’s course must complete the same by August 2018.
- There is no age limit stated to be eligible for the exam.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no limit on the number of times a candidate can appear for HBSAT.
How to Apply for HBSAT 2018?
Online Application Form:
- Visit the official website ghbs.in.
- Click on Apply Online.
- Choose the course betweenUG or PG.
- Enter the details asked like Name, Contact Number, Category, Academic Qualifications etc.
- Submit the form. Take a print out of the Application Form.
- Attach a recent passport sized photograph.
- Send it along with a DD of application fee INR 700/- drawn in favour of GITAM payable at Hyderabadto the following address-
GITAM(Deemed to be University) City Office
- Candidates are also required to send the photocopies of the following documents:
- 10th and 12th provisional certificates and mark sheets of qualifying examination
- MAT/ GMAT/ CAT/ XAT/ ATMA/ NMAT score cards/ admit cards (if applicable)
Offline Application Form:
- Brochure and Application Form can be obtained by payment of Rs. 700/- through the following means, within the datelines soon to be released.
- Through DD in person at GITAM City office at Khairatabad, Hyderabad
- By post (enclosing DD or pay order drawn in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” payable at Hyderabad)
HBSAT 2018 Application Form Correction
There is no provision for form correction once the form has been submitted. Candidates must make sure that all the information is accurate.
Read More about HBSAT 2018 Registration
How to Download HBSAT 2018 Admit Card?
- Candidates can download the admit card only from the official website.
- No admit cards will be sent via emails or posts.
- Candidates must carry their admits cards along with a valid identity proof to the examination centers.
- Visit the official website of GITAM Hyderabad Business School ghbs.in
- Click on the Download Admit Card
- Enter the valid Registration Number and Date of Birth
- Click on the Submit button
- The admit card will be displayed on the screen
- Take a print out of the same
The admit card will have the following information on it-
- Name of the candidate
- Date of birth
- Application ID
- Roll Number
- Date and Day of Examination
- Address of the Exam center
HBSAT 2018 Exam Center
- HBSAT 2018 will be conducted at 24 different cities.
- Candidates have to choose the examination centre according to their preference while filling the form.
- Hyderabad Business School has all the rights to allocate different examination centre according to the availability of seats.
The following table shows the location of the different HBSAT 2018 Exam Centre:
|Test Cities||Test Cities|
HBSAT 2018 Exam Pattern
- HBSAT 2018 will be conducted in computer based mode.
- The test will comprise of 100 questions each of 1 mark.
- The question paper is divided into 5 sections namely, Data Sufficiency, Mathematics Ability, Communication & Business Aptitude, English, and Reasoning.
- The duration of examination is 90 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in English.
- There is no negative marking for incorrect responses.
The following table shows the composition of the test:
|Section||No. of questions|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||20|
HBSAT 2018 Syllabus
- There is no official guidelines released regarding the syllabus of HBSAT.
- It is however, similar to the syllabus of other management entrance tests.The following table shows the important topics related to HBSAT 2018:
|Data Sufficiency||Data interpretations|
|Mathematical Ability||Profit, Loss and Discount|
|Time and Work|
|Time, Speed and Distance|
|Communication & Business Aptitude||Strong & Weak Arguments|
|Statements and Conclusions|
|Statements & Inferences|
|Logical Sequence of Words|
|Course of Action|
|Causes and Effects|
|Idioms and Phrases|
|Series Missing Numbers|
|Odd one out|
|Direction and Distance test|
Recommended books for HBSAT 2019 Preparation:
The following table shows the books names along with their author’s name that students can follow for preparing examination:
|Name of the Book||Author Name|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R.S. Agarwal|
|Magical Book on Quicker Maths||M. Tyra|
HBSAT 2018 Result
- HBSAT 2018 Result will be announced in the month of March 2019.
- Candidates will be ranked in the list on the basis of their scores in the written test.
- Final selection of the student is based on the group discussion and personal interview. By following below steps students can download HBSAT 2018 Result:
- Visit the official website of Hyderabad Business School.
- Click on Result.
- Enter the roll number and date of birth.
- The result will be displayed as score card in pdf format.
- Download and take a print for future references.
- The score card will have the following information on it-
- Name of the candidate
- Roll number
- Sectional marks scored
- Overall marks scored
- Minimum qualifying cut off marks.
HBSAT 2018 Cut off
- Candidates scoring more than or equal to the minimum cut off marks will be eligible for GD-PI rounds.
- Candidates who fulfill the cut off stated for other entrance exams will also be eligible for GD-PI rounds.
- Cut off marks will be decided based on the following factors :
- Total numbers of candidates appear for the exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
- Previous year cut off marks
- Average scores obtained by a candidate in the entrance test.
- Reservation criteria of the Hyderabad Business School, GITAM
Read More about HBSAT 2018 Result
HBSAT 2018 Selection Process
- The final selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of written test, group discussion and personal interview.
- All the candidates scoring the minimum qualifying cut off will be invited for Group discussion and Personal Interview.
- Selected candidates must bring the following list of documents at the time of GD-PI for verification.
- 10th and 12th Mark-sheet of the qualifying examination
- School Leaving/ Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Admit Card of HBSAT 2018C
- ategory Certificate (if applicable)
- Class X pass certificate
- The two rounds assess the candidates as mentioned below:
- Group Discussion: Candidates will be evaluated in the Group Discussion Exercise of their ability to apply logic and reasons. Group discussion brings out the candidates’ ability to make decisions and management skills are highlighted.
- Personal Interview: The candidates’ overall personality and confidence will be assessed in this round. Candidates must confidently answer questions related to his/her own academic area and work experience.
Why Apply for HBSAT 2018?
- Hyderabad Business School provides MBA degree to course- MBA dual Specialisation and MBA Fintech
- Provides recognised certification in Digital Marketing/SIx Sigma/ BFSI
- Choice based credit system
- Scholarships for meritorious students
Hyderabad Business School Fee Structure
|1st Year||2nd Year||Total Rs.|
|On registration day before commencement|
of classes i.e, June / July 2019
|Total||3,60,000/-||3,60,000/-||7,20,000/- (May Vary)|
HBSAT 2018 FAQs
Ques. Who conducts Hyderabad Business School Admission Test?
Ans. Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test (HBSAT) is conducted by Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus.
Ques. Why HBSAT entrance test conducted?
Ans. HBSAT entrance test is conducted to give MBA aspirants a platform to pursue two year full time Masters in Business Administration.
Ques. Who has approved MBA from HBSAT?
Ans. UGC India (University Grants Commission), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi has approved MBA from HBSAT.
Ques. What academic qualifications does a candidate require to apply for HBSAT 2019?
Ans. Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s Degreein any discipline from a recognized university/college, with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks. The Bachelor’s Degree obtained by candidates must be a minimum of three years’ education after completing their 10+2 schooling system or equivalent.
Ques. Can students in their final year of graduation apply for HBSAT 2019?
Ans. Students who are in their final year of Bachelor's Degree is also eligible to apply for HBSAT 2019, provided they should be able to present the proof of having met all the eligibility criteria by August.
Ques. Does Hyderabad Business School accept any other score except HBSAT for admissions to MBA?
Ans. Yes, apart from HBSAT 2019 scorecard, the business school accepts other scorecard too such as MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT. However, foreign nationals and NRIs must attempt GMAT at a test center outside India before applying for HBSAT.
Ques. What is the process of filling in HBSAT 2019 Application form?
Ans. Candidates can get HBSAT 2019 application form via online mode. In order to fill in the application, they need to visit the official website of HBSAT and locate the link that says “HBSAT 2018 application form”. They need to fill in all the personal and professional details and pay the required application fee to be successfully registered for the entrance examination.
Ques. What is the mode of payment for HBSAT application form? How much do the candidates need to pay?
Ans. HBSAT 2019 application fee is INR 700. Those interested in apply for the entrance test need to pay the fee by any of the following modes:
- Cash– It could be directly submitted to Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus.
- Demand Draft– Another means of application form payment is via demand draft/ Pay Order drawn in favor of “GITAM Hyderabad Business School Receipts” payable at Hyderabad It must be noted that candidates who possess a valid MAT/GMAT/CAT/XAT/ATMA/NMAT-2018 scorecard do not need to appear for HBSAT 2018. However, they are required to fill in the admission form.
Ques. What is the procedure to download HBSAT 2019 Admit Card?
Ans. Candidates must keep a note that admit card is one of the most important document for Hyderabad Business School Aptitude Test and it needs to be carried on the exam day to the exam hall. It can be downloaded from the official website of HBS BY entering their registration number and Date of Birth. Few print outs must be taken for their future academic endeavor.
Ques. What information does the released HBSAT 2019 admit card contains?
Ans. Admit card released online contains candidates’ personal as well as academic details mentioned below:
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s Roll Number
- Applicant's Application Number
- Applicant’s photograph and signature
- Date and Time of Examination
- Test Venue and Address
- Instructions for examination day
Candidates are recommended to cross check all the details carefully before heading to the exam center for the written test.
Ques. What is the mode of HBSAT examination?
Ans. HBSAT examination will be conducted via online mode. Candidates must have a knowledge of how to use computer in order to attempt the test successfully.
Ques. How could one retrieve HBSAT 2019 results?
Ans. Unlike HBSAT mode of examination, results could be retrieved via online mode only from the official website of GITAM Hyderabad Business School. Candidates need to follow the below mentioned steps to access their results:
- Visit the official website of HBSAT examination ghbs.in.
- Locate the link that says “ HBSAT 2019 results”
- Tap on the link and enter candidate’s roll number and name.
- Hit submit.
- HBSAT results will be displayed on the screen.
- Candidates must take a few print outs of the same for future academic endeavor.
Ques. What is the basic exam pattern of HBSAT entrance test?
Ans. The basic HBSAT exam pattern is bulleted below:
- The exam paper will comprise of 100 questions
- 90 minutes of time will be allotted to candidates.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for wrong answers.
- Language of HBSAT entrance test will be English.
Ques. What are the sections that are covered in HBSAT test?
Ans. HBSAT questions paper will be divided into 5 sections namely Data sufficiency, Mathematical Ability, Communication and Business Aptitude, English and Reasoning respectively.
Ques. What is the selection procedure for HBSAT?
Ans. The selection of candidates for MBA in HBSAT is written entrance test followed by group discussion and personal interview. Candidates who manage to get through all the scheduled rounds and fulfill the eligibility criteria will be successfully selected.
Ques. What are HBSAT 2019 test centers?
Ans. The examination conducting authority decides test centers for HBSAT 2018. Besides Hyderabad, the centers includes Bhubaneswar, Bellary, Bengaluru, Chennai, Coimbatore, Gulbarga, Kozhikode, Patna, Guwahati, Jamshedpur, Raipur, Kolkata, Kathmandu, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Jalpaiguri, Pune, Trivandrum, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Visakhapatnam and Warangal respectively.
Ques. What is the procedure of allotting test centers to candidates?
Ans. Candidates are required to indicate their preferred center in the application form itself. If a candidate’s preferred centre is not allotted to them, for some valid reason, they will be informed about the change. GITAM HBS reserves all the right to change the centers for the selection process, without assigning any reasons from their side.
Ques. What can a candidate do if found a discrepancy in HBSAT 2019 admit card?
Ans. In case, candidate detect any discrepancy in their HBSAT 2019 admit card, they must immediate report to GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus and get it corrected as it is one of the most document and any error will not be accepted on the exam day.
Ques. What are the contact details for GITAM University, where candidates can contact in case of any discrepancy?
Ans. Below mentioned is the address of GITAM University:
Hyderabad Business School (HBS) GITAM University,
Hyderabad Campus Rudraram,
Medak Dist.Telangana – 502329 Phone: 08455-221361/362 Fax: 08455-221363. E-mail: email@example.com
Ques. Will there be a deduction in marks in case of unattempted question?
Ans. No, there will be no deduction of marks for unattempted question. Since there is no negative marking for incorrect answers, candidates are recommended to attempt all the question and give it a shot.
Ques. When will the results for HBSAT 2019 declared?
Ans. HBSAT 2018 results will be declared tentatively by June 4, 2018. Cut off will also be declared along with the results basis which candidates will be shortlisted for further rounds for selection.
Ques. What reservation criterion does GITAM University, Hyderabad Campus follows?
Ans. The reservation will be practiced as per the rules of Hyderabad government. SC/ST/OBC and physically disabled candidates will be benefitted with the policies.
Ques. What are the specializations offered by GITAM University in Post Graduate in Management?
Ans. MBA Program Specialization, major and minor, is offered in areas of Marketing, Finance, Human Resource and International Business as per the business school norms.
Ques. What companies visit the Hyderabad Business School’s campus for placement activities Management candidates?
Ans. The placement is observed to more than 90% since the past few years. Companies like Bny Mellon, KPMG, Blue Star Infotech, Puma, Bajaj Corp. Ltd., Capital First, Amazon, Aditya Birla Group, Amara Raja, Asian Paints, Aurobindo, Axis Bank, Bajaj Capital, Berkadia, Google, Deloitte, ICICI bank and many more.
Ques. What is the placement report for past few years for HBSAT?
Ans. The placement records observed over the past 4 years are tabulated below:
|YEAR||PERCENTAGE OF STUDENTS PLACED||Highest Package|
Ques. What is the medium of education at GITAM University?
Ans. The medium of instruction at GITAM University, Hyderabad Business School is English.
Ques. Can an applicant change his/her HBSAT 2019 test center?
Ans. Applicant need to make a choice as per the preferred test center because the request for change of the center shall not be entertained.
Ques. What is the counseling process of HBSAT 2019 examination?
Ans. HBSAT 2019 counseling process is bulleted below • Students are shortlisted based on the HBSAT, CAT, MAT, XAT, GMAT or ATMA scores. • Previous educational background will also be taken into consideration. • Apart from written test, group discussion followed by a personal interview will constitute the final stage for the selection. • Shortlisted students need to make an initial payment to get confirmed for the admission.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of HBSAT 2019 couselling?
Ans. Students are required to bring the following documents at the time of HBSAT 2018 counseling for verification:
- 10th and 12th standard mark-sheet of the qualifying examination
- School Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- HBSAT 2018 admit card
- Candidate’s category certificate (if applicable)
- Class 10th passing certificate for age verification.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College