HP TET 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus, Pattern
HP TET 2019 popularly known as Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test is organized by Himachal Pradesh Board of Secondary Education (HPBSE). The test is designed to determine the eligibility of candidates for recruitment of Trained Graduate Teachers (TGTs) in Arts/Non-Medical/Medical)/Shastri/L.T/JBT/Punjabi/Urdu Subjects.
|HP TET 2019 Application Form||HP TET 2019 Exam Pattern||HP TET 2019 Result|
- HP TET is conducted every year at the state-level by HP Board of Secondary Education
- Online Applications were invited via official notification in prominent newspapers on July 31, 2019.
- Online Application can be accessed on the official website www.hpbose.org
- Applicants willing to appear in HP TET for more than one teaching category should submit separate online application.
- The test will be tentatively conducted across 69 exam centers in the state.
- HP TET will be in Pen and Papers based 1.5 hours duration test.
- Candidates will be issued eligibility certificate on qualifying the test.
The selected candidates through HP TET will be eligible for appointment as teachers in the schools affiliated to the HPBSE Board, subject to fulfilling other criteria. HP TET 2019 is scheduled for the month of September.
HP TET 2019 Exam Highlights
|Scheduled Date of HP TET 2019||September 3, 9, 10, and 17, 2019|
|Conducting Body||H. P. Board of Secondary Education|
|Type of Exam||State-level Recruitment Process for TGTs|
|Mode of Exam||Offline, Objective-MCQ Type, OMR Response Sheet|
|Duration of Exam||150 Minutes|
|Medium of Exam||English/Hindi|
|Eligibility (may vary for different exams)||Varies for different subjects|
|Validity of HP TET Certificate||7 years from the date of issuanc|
HP TET 2019 Calendar of Events
The tentative schedule for HP TET 2019 as notified by the Board is tabulated below for reference of candidates:
|Availability of Online Application Form||August 1, 2019|
|Online Application Submission Deadline||August 20, 2019|
|Fee Payment Deadline||August 20, 2019|
|Availability of online Admit Card||5 Days prior to the scheduled exam date|
|HP TET 2019 Scheduled Dates||September 3, 9, 10, and 17, 2019|
|Announcement of Results||October 12, 201|
HP TET 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for HP TET 2019 will vary slightly according to the stream and subject opted by candidates for the test. Given below is the table containing the eligibility criteria for various disciplines:
|TGT (Arts)||B.A./B.Com. with a minimum score of 50% and 1-year B. Ed. or B. Ed. (Special Education), OR 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum score of 50% and 4-years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed.)|
|TGT (Non-Medical)||B.Sc.(NM) with a minimum score of 50% and 1-year B. Ed or B. Ed. (Special Education), OR 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum score of 50% and 4-years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed.) or B.Sc. (NM Ed.)|
|TGT (Medical)||B.Sc.(Medical) with a minimum score of 50% and 1-year B. Ed or B. Ed. (Special Education), OR 10+2 or equivalent with a minimum score of 50% and 4-years Bachelor in Elementary Education (B. El. Ed.) or B. Sc. (Medical Ed.)|
|Shastri||Shastri with a minimum score of 50% from an awarding body that is duly recognized by H.P. Government.|
|Language Teacher (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi)||B. A. with Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi as an elective subject and 2-years Diploma in Elementary Education/1-year B. Ed. or B. Ed. (Special Education), OR M.A. (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi) with a minimum of 50% score from a recognized University and 1-year B.Ed.|
|Junior Basic Training||10+2 with a minimum score of 50% marks, and 2-years JBT certificate from a duly recognized Awarding Body, OR 1-year Diploma in Elementary Education, OR 2-years Diploma in Elementary Education (Special Education).|
Important points related to HP TET 2019 Eligibility Criteria:
- No upper age limit has been specified by the Board to apply for HP TET 2019.
- Relaxation up to 5% in minimum score in qualifying examination and in the HP TET qualifying score is permissible for reserved category candidates (SC/ST/OBC/PHH).
- Candidates pursuing any of the listed teacher training programs in its final year (recognized by NCTE/RCI) are also eligible to apply for HP TET 2019
- Qualifying the TET without fulfilling the eligibility conditions as specified could lead to non-consideration for an appointment
HP TET 2019 Application Form
HP TET 2019 Application Form can be submitted in online mode only. The form would be available online, on the official website www.hpbose.org from August 1, 2019 until August 20, 2019.
Steps in submitting HP TET 2019 Application Form are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website and click on the ‘New Candidate Register’ Tab
- Record personal/general information, such as Subject Appearing for, Applicant Name, DOB, Nationality, Category, Sex, Mobile Number and Email ID, complete Address details, Exam Center preference, as specified in the given fields.
- Upload scanned images of the following:
|Item||Particulars for online applicants|
|Photograph||Image dimensions: 4.5 cm X 3.5 cm File Type: JPG File size: > 20 KB|
|Signature||Image dimensions: 3.5 cm X 1.5cm File Type: JPG File size: >15 KB|
- Next, the fee can be deposited through integrated payment gateway via Debit/Credit Card or Net Banking.
- Finally, accept the declaration and submit the form.
- A confirmation page is generated with application number indicated on it. Obtain printout of same for future reference.
- A copy of the Confirmation Page must be also sent to the Board’s office to 'The Section Officer (Departmental Examination), HP Board of School Education, Dharamshala (Kangra)176213'.
HP TET 2019: Application Fee
HP TET 2019 Application fee has to be paid online through the integrated payment gateway on the official portal during the application process. The requisite transaction charges need to be borne by the applicants. The specific fee is tabulated below according to different categories.
HP TET 2019 Admit Card
HP TET 2019 Admit Card can be accessed and downloaded from the official website 5-days before the scheduled exam date using Application Number and applicant's DOB as login credentials.
- HP TET 2019 Admit Card is issued only for candidates who have successfully submitted the form before the deadline.
- Admit Card will contain Applicant’s Name, Roll Number, Photograph, Specimen Signature, Test Center Address and Test Schedule.
- Applicants need to check the details printed on the Admit Card and immediately report discrepancies, if any, to the Board.
- In case admit card is not accessible on the website, the applicant is advised to the Board’s Office with a copy of confirmation page
HP TET 2019 Exam Center
The board has identified 69 locations for HP TET 2019; the list can be accessed on the official website. Applicants can specify their preference for Test Center while filling form. The test center once allotted cannot be changed. The board reserves the right to allot/change or cancel any test center at its discretion
HP TET 2019 Exam Pattern
HP TET 2019 Exam Pattern reamains same for all the subjects. However, the syllabi each subject is different depending upon the qualifying subject. The basic outline of HP TET Exam pattern is indicated in the table below:
|Mode of Examination||Offline (Pen and Paper based test)|
|Type of Questions||Objective Type Questions (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Duration of Exam||150 Minutes|
|Scheme of Marking||+1 for each correct answer, No negative marking|
|Minimum Qualifying Score||60%, i.e. 90|
HP TET 2019 Syllabus
HP TET 2019 Syllabus for all the subject options in the exam are tabulated below for reference of candidates:
|Subject Category||Structure||Scope||Level of Difficulty|
|TGT Arts||Section I: Child psychology and development, pedagogy, teaching-learning processes. Section-II: General Awareness including Himachal Pradesh, Current Affairs & Environmental Studies. Section III: English Literature and Grammar Section IV: Social Studies||Test topics in child psychology & development, pedagogy & learning processes will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning, in relation to the age group 11-14. The questions in the rest of the sections will be based on the topics of the 6th – 8th standard syllabus of the State Board||Level of difficulty of questions could be up to the 12th standard of H.P. Board of School Education.|
|TGT Non-Medical||Sections I & II: Similar to TGT Arts Section I & II Section III: Mathematics Section IV: Physics & Chemistry|
|TGT Medical||Sections I & II: Similar to TGT Arts Section I & II Section III: Botany and Zoology Section IV: Chemistry|
|TGT Shastri||Section I: Subject-Oriented Questions Section II: General Awareness including HP Current Affairs & EVS||Subject-Oriented questions would cover Degree Level Syllabus||Level of Difficulty would match that of Bachelor’s Degree Standard|
|TGT L. T (Hindi/Urdu/Punjabi)|
|TGT JBT||Section-I: Child Development and Pedagogy, Teaching-learning processes. Section-II: English Literature & Grammar Section-III: Hindi Literature & Grammar Section-IV: Mathematics Section-V: Social Sciences, General Awareness including HP Current Affairs & EVS.||Test topics in child psychology & development, pedagogy & learning processes will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning, in relation to the age group 6-11. The questions in the rest of the sections will be based on the topics of the 1st – 4th standard syllabus of the State Board||Level of difficulty of questions could be up to the 12th standard of H.P. Board of School Education|
Recommended Books for HP TET 2019
There are numerous books available for preparation of HP TET. Here is a list of popular choices for HP TET 2019 Preparation:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|HPTET 2011 Himachal Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test Paper II for Class 6-8 Social Studies and Social Science Teacher Selection Hindi||Arihant Books|
|HPTET 2011 Himachal Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test Paper I for Class 1-5 Teacher Selection|
|HPTET 2011 Himachal Pradesh Teachers Eligibility Test Paper II for Class 6-8 Science and Mathematics Teacher Selection Hindi|
|HPTET-2011 Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test Paper 2 for Class 6-8 Social Studies/Social Science Teacher|
|HPTET Himachal Pradesh Teacher Eligibility Test TET Paper I Class 1-5 Hind|
HP TET 2019 Result
HP TET 2019 Result will be declared on the official site only. Applicants can download the results using their Application Number of Roll Number. The steps to access the result are mentioned below.
- Open Official Website
- Click on the HP TET 2019 Result link.
- Enter either Application or Roll Numbers.
- Check result displayed on-screen.
- Download and obtain a print of the same for future reference.
Prior to the announcement of HP TET 2019 result, the Board would upload the Provisional Answer Key on its website for applicants to get an estimate of their probable test scores. Based on these Answer Keys, the final result would announced online.
HP TET 2019 Cutoff
HP TET 2019 Cut-off score is the minimum score set by the Board that applicants need to score in order to qualify the test. Applicants need to score a minimum of 60% of the total score of 150 in order to pass the test.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College