Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the admit card for the written exam of Indian Administrative Services (IAS) on May 7, 2018. Candidates can download their IAS 2018 admit card with the help of their registration id/roll number and date of birth. UPSC IAS Civil Services Prelims Exam is scheduled to be held on June 3, 2018.
- IAS admit card consists important details like the name, father’s name, DOB, photograph, signature, name of exam centre, time and address of the centre.
- Any discrepancy in the e-admit card should be conveyed to the Commission immediately by email (to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Candidates without their hall ticket on the day of exam will not be allowed to sit for the exam.
- Candidates were also asked to carry black-inked ballpoint pens as they would be "required to fill the OMR (optical mark recognition) answer sheets and attendance list with a black ballpoint pen only".
How to Download IAS Admit Card 2018?
The admit card of IAS 2018 written exam has been issued online and candidates will have to download it. Here is a list of requirements to download IAS admit card 2018:
- Registration Number and Date of Birth or
- Roll Number and Date of Birth
Steps to Download IAS 2018 Admit Card:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- Click on the link ‘Download IAS Admit Card 2018’.
- Enter either Registration ID or Roll Number. Click on Login.
- You will be redirected to your IAS Admit Card 2018.
- Save the admit card and take its print out.
What After Downloading IAS Admit Card?
- Once you have the IAS Admit Card in hand, cross-check all the details mentioned on it.
- In case of an incorrect detail, you must contact the authority immediately.
- In case, your photograph/ signature is blur, carry a photograph to the exam hall along with a photo ID in original.
Details Mentioned on IAS Admit Card 2018
IAS Admit Card carries all important information about the candidate and the exam they are appearing for. They must remember to verify all the particulars and ensure that every detail mentioned on IAS Admit Card is accurate and true. Information on admit card of IAS is given below:
- Candidate’s name
- Candidate’s roll number
- Candidate’s date of birth
- Name of the candidate’s father
- Photograph of the candidate
- Date and timing of exam
- Venue of the test center
- General Instructions for exam
Discrepancy in IAS Exam Admit Card 2018
In case there is any discrepancy in the details mentioned on IAS Admit Card, a candidate should immediately contact the concerned authorities for a solution. If you do not alert the authorities before examination, you might have to face problem on the exam day.
You can contact the concerned authorities in the following cases:
- If your name is misspelt in IAS Admit Card
- If your PwD/DA status is incorrect in IAS hall ticket
- If a different test city is allotted rather than the one filled during IAS Registration.
- If your photograph is not visible on admit card
- If you are unable to download admit card despite successful registration
In all these cases, you must immediately contact UPSC, the exam conducting authority. You can contact the helpdesk from Monday to Saturday between 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM. The facilitation counter is located at the commission’s office or contact over the phone through the numbers that have been listed below:
- 011- 23385271
Documents Required at IAS Exam Center 2018
- A candidate is required to bring an original and Xerox copy of a valid photo id proof along with IAS Admit Card.
- Candidates applying under reserved categories are also advised to carry the original copy of their Caste/Disability certificate on the day of the exam.
- Those who have changed their names with due procedure should also carry their respective document along with their IAS Admit Card.
Candidates appearing for IAS 2018 should carry any one of the following documents as their photo identity proof to IAS Exam Center:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhar UID
- Driving License
Items Barred at IAS Exam Center
- Any electronic material such as watch, microphone, Bluetooth, earphone, mobile, health band, calculator, pager and pieces/bits of paper, pencil box etc. is not allowed inside the exam hall.
- It is recommended to wear open footwear not closed shoes.
- Candidates are also advised not to put mehendi or any cosmetic color on their hands as it may cause error while doing digital fingerprint scan recording on the exam day.
- They cannot sit for the exam unless they clear the fingerprint scanning.
IAS Admit Card 2018 Exam Day Instructions
Candidates though know about the basic instructions and disciplinary rules followed during the IAS Exam and at IAS Exam Center. The candidates can go through some specific set of instructions related to IAS Exam 2018. Candidates must keep the following guidelines in mind:
- Candidate must remember to carry the IAS Admit Card in each session of the IAS Exam.
- The IAS Admit card must be preserved till the IAS Recruitment is over.
- Candidate must reach IAS Test Center well before the specified time to avoid any trouble.
- If an orthopedically or visually impaired candidate has opted for a candidates, they will need to produce a separate IAS Admit card for the scribe as well.
- The candidate must not possess mobile phones, electronic gadgets, digital watches, calculators and any other such devices, while inside the IAS exam hall.
- Use of unfair means inside the examination hall is strictly prohibited.
- The answers on the OMR sheet must be marked using a black ball point pen only.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College