IBPS PO 2019 Exam Dates, Registration, Pattern, Syllabus
IBPS PO 2019 Notification has been released by IBPS on Jan 16. The total number of vacancies this year are expected to be more than 4 thousand. The online registration is expected to begin in July. The exam is conducted in two parts- 1. IBPS PO Preliminary Exam and 2. IBPS PO Mains Exam. CheckIBPS PO Vacancies
- IBPS PO 2019 Application Forms will be released in July 2019 and will remain open for a month
- In 2019, IBPS PO Prelims is scheduled for October 12, 13, 19 & 20 and Mains is scheduled for November 30, 2019.
- Candidates who wish to apply must have a bachelors degree in a required stream. Check IBPS PO Eligibility
- IBPS PO Exam Pattern is different for both the papers (prelims and mains)
Institute for Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) holds PO Exam for recruiting Probationary Officers (PO) and Clerical Cadrein various public-sector banks in India. The recruitment exam is conducted annually by IBPS.
The selection process consists of Prelims Exam, Mains Exam and Interview round. Prelims qualifiers will have to appear for Mains exam. After qualifying the Mains exam, candidates will further have to appear in a Personal Interview round comprising 100 marks. Final selection is done based on overall performance of the candidate.
हिंदी उम्मीदवार यहां पढ़ें
आईबीपीएस पीओ 2019 आवेदन पत्र के बारे में पूरा पढ़ें
|आईबीपीएस पीओ साक्षात्कार प्रश्न||क्लिक करे|
Highlights of IBPS PO 2019
|Exam Name||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection- Probationary Officers exam|
|Conducting Body||IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)|
|Exam Type||National Level|
Prelims: October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualification: Graduate from a recognized University|
Age Limit: 20 years - 30 years
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer-Based Test|
Preliminary: 1 hour
|IBPS PO Salary||INR 37,360 – INR 38,700 (in hand salary)|
|IBPS PO Help Desk||1800 222 366/ 1800 103 4566|
IBPS PO 2019 Important Dates
Candidates can find below all important details related to IBPS PO exam tabulated below.
|Online Registration including Edit/Modification of Application||July 2019- August 2019|
|Online Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||July 2019- August 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card for Prelims||September 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Prelims Exam Date||October 12, 13, 19 & 20, 2019|
|Publication of Results of IBPS PO 2019 Prelims||October 2019|
|Availability of Hall Ticket for IBPS PO 2019 Mains||November 2019|
|IBPS PO 2019 Mains Exam Date||November 30, 2019|
|Publication of Results for IBPS PO 2019 Mains||December 2019|
|Issuance of Call Letters for IBPS PO 2019 Interview||January 2020|
|Common Interview Schedule||January/February 2020|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2020|
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are advised to study eligibility conditions laid down by IBPS before registering for IBPS PO 2019. In case, any candidate does not meet the specific condition at any stage of the Common Recruitment Process, the candidature is liable to be rejected immediately. The basic eligibility criteria pertaining to nationality, age limit and academic qualification of a candidate applying for IBPS PO 2019 is discussed below.
To appear for IBPS PO 2019, a candidate must be any of the following:
- Citizen of India
- Subject of Nepal or Bhutan
- Tibetan refugee who is permanently settled in India prior to January 1, 1962
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from either Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, Vietnam, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Zaire, or Zambia with the intention of residing permanently in India.
Please note that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c), and (d) should possess a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- A graduate degree or equivalent in any discipline from a university recognized by Government of India.
- General category candidates must score minimum 60% marks while there is a relaxation of 5% for reserved category.
- Result of the qualifying examination should be declared by September 2019.
- General category applicants should be of at least 20 years and less than 30 years, as on August 1, 2019.
- Provisions for age relaxation, depending upon the category of the candidate as per IBPS norms, is tabulated below:
|Category||Relaxation in age|
|Scheduled Tribes and Scheduled Castes||05 years|
|Other Backward Classes- Non-Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL)||03 years|
|Persons with Disability (PWD)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers (including Emergency Commissioned Officers, and Short Service Commissioned Officers) who were in service for not less than 5-years and resigned on the conclusion of the assigned project.||05 years|
|The original residents of Kashmir Division of the State of J&K during January 1980 to December 1989.||05 years|
|Candidates affected by the 1984 riots||05 years|
Read More IBPS PO Eligibility
IBPS PO 2019 Application Form
IBPS PO Application Form 2019 is expected to be available online from July 2019. Candidates can follow these steps for IBPS PO Registration:
- Visit the official website of IBPS, i.e. www.ibps.in
- Click on the tab “APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE-PROBATIONARY OFFICERS/ MANAGEMENT TRAINEES” to access the Online Application Form.
- Register application by entering basic information in the online form.
- Candidates need to be very careful about the details they enter as there is no provision for editing or modification of the data entered in the application form.
- The system would generate a provisional registration number and password on screen as well send the same via Email & SMS to registered email ID and mobile number.
- Candidates are required to upload their photograph and signature as per the specifications given below:
|Applicant’s recent, colour, passport-size photograph of good quality with light background|
Image dimensions: 200 X 230
Image dimensions: 140 X 60
- IBPS PO 2019 application fees can be paid in the online mode only. The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment can be made by using Debit or Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets.
- On successful completion of the payment process, an e-receipt will be generated which the applicant needs to obtain a print of along with the completed application form.
Applicants need to keep the following points in mind while filling the IBPS PO 2019 Application Form.
- The applicant’s name/guardian’s name etc. should be spelled identically to the applicant’s certificates/mark sheets. Any dissimilarity found may disqualify the candidature.
- Prior to submission of the online application, candidates are advised to carefully verify the details entered. No change is permitted once the form is submitted.
- Since all correspondence related to the recruitment drive would be sent via email and/or SMS, applicants are advised to register with an active email ID and a valid mobile number.
IBPS PO 2019 Application Fee
The application fee/intimation charges as per applicant’s category are tabulated below. Bank Transaction charges as applicable, is to be borne by the applicants.
IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card
Separate Admit Cards will be issued for each round of IBPS PO 2019 which will be available to download from the official website. IBPS PO Admit Card 2019 for Prelims is expected to be issued in October 2019 while that for Mains will be available in November 2019. Applicants need to follow the steps listed here to download their Admit Cards:
- Visit the official website of IBPS.
- Click on the link to download IBPS PO 2019 Admit Card.
- Enter the login credentials (Provisional ID and Password received during the IBPS PO Application Process).
- Verify the details on the Admit card and obtain multiple prints.
Please note that no candidates will be allowed to appear for either the Prelims or the Main Exams without the following documents:
- Valid Admit Card for the respective date and session of Examination.
- Photo-identity proof (as specified) in original as well as photocopy.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Centers
- IBPS PO 2019 candidates need to specify their preferred center for both Prelims and Main Examinations in the online application form.
- Allotment of IBPS PO 2019 Exam Center will be on the "first-apply-first-allot" manner based on availability.
- The Admit Card will carry the details of the Exam Center and time. Once the centers are allotted, no request for change will be entertained by the Board.
IBPS PO 2019 Exam Pattern
IBPS PO 2019 is an objective type, computer-based examination, while the exam pattern is different for the Prelims and Mains Exam and the same has been explained below.
- Prelims Exam
Prelims stage of IBPS PO exam comprises objective type questions which need to be attempted by the candidates in 1 hour. It comprises 3 sections, i.e. English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. Medium of the exam is English and Hindi. Section-wise distribution of questions of each section is tabulated below.
|Section||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English||30||+1 for each correct answer; -1/4 for each wrong answer||English||1 hour|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||English and Hindi|
As per IBPS PO Marking Scheme, 1 mark is awarded for every correct answer while ¼ marks are deducted for a wrong answer. Candidates who meet the Cut Off score in the Prelims exam as specified by IBPS will proceed to the Mains Exam.
- Mains Exam
The Mains exam is divided into 5 sections and the section-wise distribution of questions is tabulated below. Candidates will have to answer 200 questions and maximum marks for the exam is 200.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||English||40 minutes|
|Essay & Letter Writing||2||25||30 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||English and Hindi||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
Check Detailed IBPS PO Paper Pattern
Mains Exam also has the provision of negative marking similar to the Prelims. Only candidates who qualify the specific cut-off score in each section of Main Exams will proceed to the subsequent Interview round.
Note:Candidates belonging to the reserved category will be provided free-of-cost pre-exam training by IBPS.
IBPS PO Pre-Exam Training
It is a special training process organized by the Nodal Banks/ IBPS PO Participating Banks before the exam for candidates from SC/ST/Religious Minority Communities. The IBPS PO Pre-exam training is free of cost, where candidates are introduced to the exam pattern and are given helpful tips & tricks by experts and institutes.
This training also makes the candidates aware of the IBPS PO recruitment process, thereby acting as a playing field to students from weaker sections. The training is usually conducted for 5 days and the option to avail it is available while filling the application form for IBPS PO.
IBPS PO 2019 Syllabus and Recommended Books
The exam pattern of IBPS PO covers a vast range of subjects, wherein English and Quantitative Aptitude are at the elementary level and Reasoning, Data Interpretation, and General Awareness are at the Competitive Examination level.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability||English Language||General Awareness||Computer knowledge|
|Simplification, Number Series, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Profit & Loss, Mixtures & Allegations, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Work & Time Time & Distance, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination||Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input Output, Coding Decoding, Alphanumeric Series, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Logical Reasoning||Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, Para Jumbles||Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs. Static GK||Fundamentals of Computer, History of Computer, Internet MS Office, Input Output devices, Computer Shortcuts|
Read More IBPS PO Syllabus
There are plenty of reading materials available for the preparation of IBPS PO. Candidates may consider looking up the following reference books as well:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|The Complete Success Package – Bank PO Recruitment Examination||Arihant Publications|
|Comprehensive Guide for IBPS||Disha Publications|
|Target IBPS PO||Disha Publications|
|Bank PO Solved Papers for PO & MT||Kiran Publication|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test For Bank PO||N K Singh|
|Quantitative Aptitude||R S Aggarwal|
|English Language||Wren & Martin|
|Objective Computer Knowledge & Literacy||Kiran Publication|
IBPS PO Preparation
|IBPS PO Practice Papers||Check|
|Important Topics for IBPS PO Prelims and Mains||Check|
|IBPS PO Preparation in 6 months||Check|
|IBPS PO Interview Preparation Tips||Check|
IBPS PO 2019 Result
IBPS PO Result 2019 for each stage will be announced on the official website as per the schedule published by IBPS in its official notification. Successful candidates of Prelims exam will appear for Mains Exam wherein each candidate needs to secure a minimum cut-off score in order qualify for the Interview round.
IBPS Result for Prelims exam will be announced in October 2019 while that for the Mains exam will be announced in December 2019. The corrected scores obtained by each of candidates in different sessions of the main exam will be normalized using the equi-percentile method. Scores up to two decimal points will be taken for the purpose of calculations. There is a combined IBPS PO Result for qualification to the provisional allotment process. It comprises the marks obtained in main and interview taken together in the ratio of 80:20 (Main: Interview).
Steps to Download IBPS PO Scorecard
- Visit the official website of IBPS i.e. ibps.in
- Click on ‘CWE VII PO/MT’ tab
- Follow the link ‘IBPS PO Result’
- Enter the Registration ID, Password, and Date of Birth
- Verify and Click on Submit
- The scorecard is displayed which includes the maximum marks in each section, minimum cut off marks, and scores obtained by candidate.
- Download and Print IBPS PO Scorecard for further process.
IBPS PO 2019: Interview Process and Provisional Allotment
Candidates who have secured the minimum qualifying marks in IBPS PO Mains will be eligible to take part in the interview round. The round will be conducted by various participating organisations with IBPS. Details of the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates via the Interview Call Letter which can be downloaded from the official website.
- The interview round will carry 100 marks and the minimum qualifying score is 40 (35 for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates)
- This is the final stage in the selection process of IBPS PO exam.
- This round carries 20% weightage in the final result.
- Through this round, a candidate's communication skills and personality is examined.
- The weightage of the score of Main exam and interview will be in the ration of 80:20.
Candidates are expected to score sufficiently high on the merit in both Main and Interview rounds in order to be considered for subsequent provisional allotment process. At the time of Interview, candidates need to furnish all prescribed documents, in the absence of which, the candidature might be cancelled.
- A Print of the Interview Call Letter
- Copy of system-generated filled-in preview of the online application form of IBPS PO 2019
- Valid proofs of Photo ID, DOB, and Caste/Disability/ or any other Certificate in support of claim for reservation, if applicable (in the prescribed formats only)
- Qualifying Examination Certificates
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility conditions.
Upon successful completion of the interview process, depending on the vacancies at the Participating Organizations and based on merit-cum-preference of shortlisted candidates, they will be provisionally placed with one of the Participating Organizations.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College