IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2018 mandates a candidate to hold a Bachelor’s Degree to apply for the exam. The registration procedure concluded on September 4, 2018. Candidates who have successfully submitted their forms can download IBPS PO Admit Card in September 2018. As per the official schedule, the exam dates are as follows:
- Prelims: October 13, 14, 20 and 21, 2018
- Mains: November 18, 2018
IBPS PO Eligibility 2018 Age Criteria
- The age limit of minimum 20 years and maximum 30 years old as on 01/08/2018 is the eligibility for IBPS PO 2018.
- This means candidates who are born earlier than 02/08/1988 or later than 01/08/1998 do not pass the eligibility criteria for IBPS PO 2018 (subject to age relaxation). Both these dates are inclusive for age calculation.
- Candidates appearing for IBPS PO 2018 may seek age relaxation based on following -
|SC/ ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe) ||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Classes –Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|PwD (Persons With Disabilities)||10 years|
|Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs). These candidates must have rendered at least 5 years of military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within an year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service||5 years|
|Persons actually domiciled in the J & K during the period from January 01, 1980 to December 31, 1989.||5 years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
- Candidates who request for relaxation in age limit must produce relevant certificates in original as well as Xerox when called for Interview or at any stage of recruitment as required by IBPS.
IBPS PO Eligibility 2018 Academic Qualification
IBPS PO Degree Requirement
- As on 05.09.2018, candidate must possess graduation degree in any discipline/stream from a Government of India recognized university or,
- They must have any equivalent qualification, recognized by the Central Government to appear in IBPS PO 2018.
IBPS PO Educational Qualification
- A valid mark sheet or degree certificate must be present with the student certifying that he/she is a graduate as on the day prescribed by IBPS.
- The date mentioned on the mark sheet/provisional certificate, issued by the University will be considered as the date of passing the eligibility examination.
- The final result of candidates should have been declared on or before 05/09/2017.
- Students will have to submit relevant documents, certifying the declaration of result on or before 05/09/2017 at the time of Interview.
IBPS PO Educational Eligibility Criteria
- If any university provides a web-based certificate or the result is posted online then a candidate will be required to submit relevant original document or certificate signed by an appropriate college/ university authority.
- By clearly mentioning the date of passing from the Institute, and will have to be presented at the time of interview, otherwise the eligibility criteria will not be met.
IBPS PO Eligibility Percentage
- In case any university/college awards CGPA/OGPA, candidates are required to convert it into a percentage (nearest to 2 decimal places) and mention it in the application form.
- Percentage fraction in scores will be ignored, i.e. if a student has secured 59.99% marks, it will be treated as less than 60%.
Percentage Calculation under Educational Qualification Criteria
- The percent marks will be calculated by dividing the total marks that the student has obtained in all the semester (s)/ year (s) by the aggregate maximum marks (in all the subjects, irrespective of honours/ optional/ additional optional subject if any) and then multiplied by 100.
- This will be applicable for those Universities also where Class / Grade is decided on basis of Honours marks only.
- In cases where CGPA / OGPA is awarded by the institute, the same should be converted into percentage and mentioned in the online application. At the time of the interview, the candidate will have to produce a certificate issued by the appropriate authority stating the norms of the University regarding the conversion of grade into percentage and the percentage of marks scored by the candidate in terms of norms.
IBPS PO Eligibility 2018 For PwD Category
Under section 34 of “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016”, persons with benchmark disabilities are eligible for Reservation. The reserved categories of disabilities mentioned under this Act are namely:
- Blindness and low vision;
- Deaf and hard of hearing;
- locomotor disability including cerebral palsy. leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy;
- Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness;
- Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities:
Note: Definition of the above specified disabilities will be as per “THE RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, 2016”. The allocation of reserved vacancies for the persons with benchmark disabilities will be as prescribed in the “The Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016” and as per vacancies reported to IBPS by Participating Organisations.
IBPS PO Eligibility 2018 – Disabilities using a Scribe
There are specific guidelines for PwD candidates using a scribe. These candidates must adhere to the guidelines both at the time of applying and on the day of examination. The facility for scribe during online examination is available only for visually impaired candidates or candidates whose writing ability is hampered permanently due to any reason. The candidates have to bear the cost of scribe themselves.
The following rules and regulations would apply for the use of scribe.
- Candidates will have to arrange their own scribe at their own expense.
- Scribe could be from any academic stream.
- The candidate as well as the scribe, are required to submit a valid undertaking confirming that the scribe meets all the required eligibility criteria for a scribe. In case it so happens that he/she does not fulfill any laid down eligibility criteria or has hidden/distorted any facts then the candidature for that applicant would be cancelled, irrespective of the result.
- Candidates using scribe would be eligible for a compensatory time of 20 minutes or otherwise advised for every hour of examination.
- Scribe arranged by the candidate must not be candidate taking theIBPS Exam (CWE PO/MT-VI). In case of any violation, candidature of both the candidate and the scribe would be cancelled. Candidates have to carefully mention the request for scribe in the online Application form. No requests for the same would not be entertained at later stages.
- Candidates must bring along the Scribe declaration form by IBPS to the exam center.
- Candidates registered for compensatory time would be only allowed such concession as the compensatory time given to candidates would be system based, it would not be possible for the test conducting agency to provide such concessions if the candidate is not registered for the same. Thus, candidates not registered for the same will not be allowed any time concession.
Guidelines for candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy
- The compensatory time of 20 minutes every hour or otherwise advised would be allowed for candidates with locomotor disability and cerebral palsy.
- The dominant (writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing down the performance of function (at least 40% disability).
Guidelines for Visually Impaired Candidates
- Visually Impaired candidates (who suffer from not less than 40% of disability) may opt to view the contents of the test in magnified font and all such candidates will be eligible for compensatory time of 20 minutes for every hour or otherwise advised of examination.
- The facility of viewing the contents of the test in magnifying font will not be available to Visually Impaired candidates who use the services of a Scribe for the examination.
- These guidelines are subject to change in terms of GOI guidelines/ clarifications, if any, from time to time.
IBPS PO Application Form 2018
IBPS PO Registration can be done via online mode. To apply online, candidates can register at ibps.in. Here’s how you can fill IBPS PO Application Form in online mode:
- Visit the official website and click “click here to register for IBPS PO”.
- Enter complete details viz. Full name, Correct Email ID, Mobile Number and Date of Birth in the Online Fee Payment form to register.
- Pay the requisite application fee.
- After successful registration for IBPS PO, registration no. and password will be sent on your registered email id.
- Log in using registration no. and password and fill the form to complete the IBPS PO Application form.
Application Fees will be as follows –
- INR 100 for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
- INR 600 for all others
Bank Transaction charges for Online Payment of application fees will have to be borne by candidate.
IBPS PO Eligibility FAQs
Ques. I am a Tibetan refugee residing in India. Am I eligible to fill and submit the IBPS PO application form?
Ques. Can I fill the IBPS PO online application form when my graduation final year result is awaiting?
Ans. No, results must be declared before registration.
Ques. I am 31 years old and belong to the unreserved category. Am I eligible for filling the IBPS PO online application form?
Ques. I am 32 years old and belong to the SC category. Am I eligible for filling the IBPS PO online application form?
Ques. I am 19 years old and belong to the OBC category. Am I eligible for filling the IBPS PO online application form?
Ans. No, the lower age limit is 20 years for any category.
Ques. I belong to the OBC category as per state norms, but it is not in the central list. What should I mention in the registration form?
Ans. In that case, you will be considered as a general candidate and you have to mention it as General category.
Ques. I belong to the General category, and secured just 45% marks in my B.Sc. Am I eligible for filling the IBPS PO online application form this year again?
Ans. Yes, there is no such condition about required minimum percentage.
Ques. I belong to the General category, and have attempted IBPS PO five times before. Am I eligible for filling the IBPS PO online application form this?
Ans. Yes, as long as age limit criteria is met, there is no limit on number of attempts.
Ques. I belong to the ST category. What fee do I need to pay while registering for IBPS PO?
Ans. You need to pay INR 100 to register for IBPS PO.
Ques. I am an Arts graduate. Am I eligible for filling the IBPS PO online application form?
Ans. Yes, you can be graduate in any discipline from a recognized university or hold any equivalent qualification recognized by the central/state government.
Ques. I have gap of 2 years in my academic career. Am I eligible for applying to IBPS PO?
Ans. Yes, as long as you fulfill the specified criteria.
Ques. Can a foreign citizen apply for this post?
Ans. A candidate must satisfy the following nationality conditions. The candidate must either be:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A subject of Bhutan
- A Tibetan Refugee
- A person of Indian origin who is a migrant of either Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention to settle permanently in India
Ques. I belong to Bhutan. Do I need to produce some eligibility certificate for applying to IBPS PO?
Ans. Yes, the candidates who are not the citizen of India must produce the certificate of eligibility issued by the Indian government.
Ques. What is minimum percentage required in the qualifying exam to apply for IBPS PO?
Ans. There is no such condition about required minimum percentage.
Ques. Is there also age criteria for the IBPS PO exam?
Ans. Yes, the minimum age limit is 20 years, and maximum age limit is 30 years. Upper age relaxation for some categories is mentioned below:
- Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe: 5 years
- Other Backward Classes: 3 years
- Specially-abled Persons: 10 years
- Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service: 5 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989: 5 years
- Persons affected by 1984 riots: 5 years
Ques. Is there any limit on number of attempts for IBPS PO?
Ans. No, as long as age limit criteria is met, there is no limit on number of attempts.
Ques. What is the minimum educational qualification required for the IBPS PO exam?
Ans. Candidate must have graduated in any discipline from a recognized university or must hold an equivalent qualification recognized by the central/state government. Moreover, candidates must have a valid certificate (mark-sheet/degree) of graduation on the day of registration and must specify percentage of marks secured while registering online.
Ques. I have completed B.Tech. in Civil Engineering. Will I be eligible for applying to IBPS PO?
Ques. Is computer knowledge must for applying for IBPS PO?
Ans. The mode of exam is online. Therefore, you must have the basic knowledge of computers for applying for IBPS PO.
Ques. I am 19 years old. Shall I be able to apply for IBPS PO?
Ans. Your age must be at least 20 years at the time of registering for the application.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College