IBPS SO 2018
IBPS SO is conducted annually by the IBPS to recruit aspirants for the posts like IT Officer Scale I, Agricultural Field Officer Scale I, Rajbhasha Adhikari Scale I, Law Officer Scale I, HR/Personnel Officer Scale I and Marketing Officer Scale I. IBPS has announced the IBPS SO Result 2018 of prelims exam on January 12, 2018. Candidates who have scored qualifying marks in IBPS SO prelims exam 2018 have been shortlisted to appear for IBPS SO 2018 mains exam.
- IBPS will conduct IBPS SO mains exam 2018 on January 28, 2018. IBPS SO Result for the same will be declared 10-15 days after the commencement of the exam.
- There are total 1315 vacancies in IBPS SO 2018. Check IBPS SO Vacancy Details
- As per the IBPS SO Notification 2018, IBPS CRP SPL-VII Exam Pattern is changed now.
- Cut off for IBPS SO 2018 will be based on the cumulative score of Mains Exam and the Interview Process obtained by a candidate.
- IBPS SO will be conducted in 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and Interview this year. Until 2018, the exam would have only 1 exam followed by the interview.
- IBPS SO 2018 preliminary exam result has been released by IBPS.
- IBPS SO Cut Off will be released after each phase of examination has been conducted.
- After the result for Mains Examination has been declared, selected candidates will be called for the Interview Process conducted by participating Banks.
IBPS SO 2018 Highlights
|Conducting body||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Mode of IBPS SO 2018||Online (computer-based test)|
|Duration of IBPS SO 2018||2 hours (120 minutes)|
|Eligibility||Graduation in specific stream depending on post|
|IBPS SO 2018 Participating Institutes||IDBI Bank, Union Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Central Bank of India, etc.|
|Exam Date of IBPS SO 2018|
December 30 & 31, 2018 (Prelims)
January 28, 2018 (Mains)
IBPS SO 2018 Exam Dates
IBPS SO Preliminary exam 2018 will be held on December 30-31, 2018. The Mains examination will be conducted on January 28, 2018.
|IBPS SO 2018 Application process Starts||November 7, 2017||IBPS SO Application ends on November 27, 2018|
|IBPS SO 2018 Preliminary Exam date||December 30, 2017 December 31, 2017||Click Here to Check IBPS SO 2018 Prelims Result & Score Card|
|IBPS SO 2018 Mains Admit Card||January 19, 2018||Download Admit Card from ibps.in|
|IBPS SO 2018 Mains Exam Date||January 28, 2018||Qualify Mains exam to proceed to the interview round|
|Conduct of Interview||February 2018||-|
|Provisional Allotment||April 2018||Based on the cumulative score of Mains Exam and the Interview Process|
IBPS SO 2018 Eligibility
Applicants must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility requirements before applying for the recruitment exam. The various criteria are as stated below:
- Citizen of India
- Resident of Bhutan or Nepal
- A refugee from Tibet, who has migrated and intends to stay in India permanently
- People of Indian origin who have migrated from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Myanmar and East African countries with the intention of settling in India permanently
- The age of the applicant must range from anywhere between 20 to 30 years as on November 27, 2018.
- Age relaxation will be applicable as per category and is given in the table below:
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|Individual domiciled in J&K during the period January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989||5 years|
|Person affected by 1984 riots||5 years|
The academic qualification for various posts is as given below:
- IT Officer (Scale I):
- Candidates should have an engineering or technology Degree in Computer Science/ Applications, IT, Electronics, Electronics & Telecommunications, Electronics & Communication or Electronics & Instrumentation; Or
- Aspirants having a PG degree in the following fields are also eligible; Or
- A graduate who has passed DOEACC ‘B’ level can also apply for IBPS SO 2018
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I): Aspirants should have a 4-year degree (graduation) in Agriculture, Horticulture, Food Technology, Agricultural Engineering or any other related field to apply for this post.
- Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I): Individuals having a PG degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the graduation level or a PG degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as subjects at the graduation level are Eligible for IBPS SO 2018.
- Law Officer (Scale I): Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree in law (LLB) and should be enrolled as an advocate with the Bar Council.
- HR/ Personnel Officer (Scale I): A graduate with 2-years full-time PG degree or diploma in Personnel Management, Industrial Relations, HR, HRD, Social Work or Labor Law can apply for this post.
- Marketing Officer (Scale I): Aspirants should have a 2-year full-time degree in MMS (Marketing), MBA (Marketing), PGDBA, PGDBM, PGPM or PGDM with specialization in Marketing.
IBPS SO 2018 Vacancies
There are over 1315 vacancies this year. The vacancies for various posts are represented in the table below:
|Agricultural Field Officer||875|
|HR/ Personnel Officer||35|
IBPS SO 2018 Application Form
IBPS SO 2018 Application process has begun from November 7, 2018. The forms must be filled latest by November 27, 2018. The application process consists mainly of 3 steps which are given below:
- Registration by providing basic details to generate individual’s provisional registration number and password.
- Fill IBPS SO 2018 Application form and upload required documents.
- The final step is payment of IBPS SO application fee through various modes.
How to fill IBPS SO 2018 Application Form?
Students can go through the following the guidelines to apply for the IBPS SO exam
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website of IBPS SO 2018 i.e. ibps.in to apply for the exam. Select the option of ‘Click here for new Registration’. The registration form for creating the User Profile will appear.
- Fill in general details like name, date of birth and contact details- valid email ID and mobile number. Click on ‘Register’.
- A Provisional Registration Number and Password will appear on the screen. Applicants will also receive an email and SMS on their registered email ID and mobile number indicating the same
Step 2: Filling of IBPS SO 2018 Application form
- Login using these credentials to proceed with the IBPS SO application process.
- Candidates will have to provide personal and contact details as well as details about their academic qualification, work experience, preference exam center, etc.
- They will then have to upload scanned images of their recent photograph and signature as per the specifications given on the screen.
- After going through all the details carefully, click on ‘Final Submit’ to pay the application fees.
Step 3: Payment of Application Fees
- This is the last step for completing the application process. Aspirants have to remit the requisite application fees by different online modes.
- Candidates can pay the fees using Credit/ Debit card, Net banking, Cash Card & Wallet and IMPS.
- They must enter the essential payment details on the bank page that appears and save the e-receipt of the online transaction as proof of payment.
IBPS SO 2018 Application Fee
A candidate is required to pay INR 600 (General and OBC) as his/her application fee for IBPS SO 2018 exam. The same amount is narrowed down to INR 100 for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category. The Online Application will start once the notification has been released by IBPS.
IBPS SO 2018 Admit Card
IBPS has released IBPS SO 2018 Mains Admit Card. Admit cards can be downloaded from the official website of IBPS. The governing body will not send hard copies of the hall ticket by post or any offline mode. Steps to download IBPS SO 2018 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of IBPS SO 2018.
- Login using the Registration Number and Password.
- Applicants will see a ‘Download Admit Card’ link on their profile. Click on that link.
- Admit card will appear in a new tab. Go through all the details and print out 1 colored copy of it.
IBPS SO 2018 Exam Center
IBPS SO 2018 will be conducted across all major cities of India. Participants will have to select their preference of exam cities for the online entrance test while applying for the exam. The institute will allot a center to the individuals and the venue of this center will be mentioned in the admit card/ call letter.
IBPS SO 2018 Exam Pattern
IBPS SO 2018 will be a 3 tier exam comprising Prelims, Mains and Interview round from this year. The preliminary exam will be an objective online test. The exam will be held on 2 consecutive days. The key features of IBPS SO 2018 Exam Pattern are given below:
- IBPS SO 2018 Prelim exam will have 150 objective type questions. The test paper will be available in English and Hindi.
- The paper will consist of 3 sections- English Language, Reasoning and Quantitative/ General Awareness. The 3rd section will depend on the post the applicant has applied for.
- Aspirants who qualify Prelims will advance into the Mains stage. This exam will have a combination of descriptive and objective type questions based on the post.
- Those who clear the Mains will be called for the interview round.
- Prelims exam is only of qualifying nature while Mains and Interview will be considered for determining final merit.
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of questions||150|
|Sections in paper||3- English Language, Reasoning and General Awareness/ Quantitative Aptitude|
|Duration of exam||2 hours|
|Medium of language||English and Hindi|
IBPS SO 2018 Mains exam pattern for IT Officer, Agricultural Field Officer, Law Officer, HR/ Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of questions||60|
|Sections in paper||1|
|Duration of exam||45 minutes|
|Medium of language||English and Hindi|
IBPS SO 2018 Mains exam pattern for Rajbhasha Adhikari
|Mode of exam||Online|
|Number of questions||45(Objective)+ 2 (Descriptive)|
|Sections in paper||2|
|Duration of exam||60 minutes (30 minutes for each section)|
|Medium of language||English and Hindi|
IBPS SO 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of IBPS SO 2018 will cover a variety of topics from Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, English and General Awareness. The important topics that aspirants should focus on for Prelims are represented in the table below:
|Quantitative Aptitude||Reasoning Ability|
|- Average||- Syllogisms|
|- Percentage & Ratio Proportion||- Seating Arrangements|
|- Data Interpretation||- Scheduling|
|-Quadratic Equations||- Input Output|
|- Interest||- Data Sufficiency|
|- Linear Equations||Blood Relations|
|- Profit & Loss||- Directions & Distances|
|- Number Series||- Ordering & Ranking|
|- Speed, Time & Distance||- Coding & Decoding|
|- Mensuration & Geometry||- Coded Inequalities|
|- Time & Work||- Analytical Decision Making|
|- Number Systems||-|
|- Data Sufficiency||-|
|- Permutation & Combination||-|
|English Language||General Awareness|
|- Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness|
|- Error Spotting||- Current Affairs|
|- Phrase Replacement||- General Know|
|- Fill in the Blanks||-|
|- Sentence completion||-|
|- Cloze Test||-|
|- Para Jumbles||-|
IBPS SO 2018 Mains Syllabus
The syllabus for IBPS SO 2018 Mains will be of graduation level. The professional knowledge of candidates in their respective field will be tested depending on the post they have applied for. The syllabus for various posts is given below:
|IT Officer (Scale-I)||Database Management System|
Data Communication and Networking
Computer Organization and Microprocessor
Object Oriented Programming
|Agricultural Field Officer (Scale-I)||Basics of Crop production|
Agronomy and Irrigation
|Marketing Officer (Scale-I)||Basics of Marketing Management|
Market research and forecasting demand
Product Life Cycle
Corporate Social Responsibility
|Law Officer (Scale-I)||Banking Regulations|
Compliance and Legal Aspects
Relevant Law and Orders related to negotiable instruments, securities, foreign exchange
Prevention of Money laundering, Limitation Act
Consumer Protection Act
Banking Ombudsman Scheme
Laws and Actions with direct link to Banking Sector
Bankers Book Evidence Act
|HR/Personnel Officer (Scale-I)||Human Resource Development|
Business policy and strategic analysis
Rewards and Recognition
Training and Development
Recruitment and Selection
Business Policy and Strategic Analysis
Grievance and Conflict Management
Performance Management and Appraisal
IBPS SO 2018 Result
IBPS SO 2018 preliminary exam result has been released by IBPS. The result of the Mains exam will be announced in February 2018. The result will valid for the academic year of 2018 only. The results for both stages can be checked by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official IBPS website.
- Select the option of ‘IBPS SO 2018 Prelims/ Mains Result’.
- The result will be available in the form of a file. Applicants should search for their roll number to view the result.
- The final merit list will be drawn after the interview round is over.
- The merit position of candidates in this list will be based on their cumulative scores obtained in Mains exam and Interview.
IBPS SO 2018 Cut Off
The cut off for IBPS SO will be declared after the result for the same has been announced by IBPS. The Cut Off for Preliminary Exam will be declatred first followed by the cut off fo Mains Exam. IBPS SO Cut Off is declared 2-3 days after the result has been declared by IBPS.
To know the expected cut off for IBPS SO 2018, let's have a look at the previous year cut off for IBPS SO 2018.
|Agriculture Field Officer||41.65|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College