IELTS registration 2021 can be easily completed within three steps – creating an account in the British Council or IDP, finding the availability and selecting the nearest test center, and paying the fee. IELTS exam registration can be attempted through online and offline methods by paying a fee of Rs. 14,000. There is a total of 48 IELTS Exam dates around the year. Documents required for IELTS registration are a passport or other National Identity Proof. IELTS paper-based exam has been conducted in the month of March.
For both IDP IELTS registration and British Council IELTS registration, the candidates need to follow the below points:
- As per IELTS eligibility criteria, candidates should be above 16 years of age.
- Candidates must have a valid passport.
- There is no educational qualification required for taking the IELTS exam, but candidates need to decide between IELTS Academic or General Training depending on their purpose of travel.
IELTS exam dates are available all around the year, you need to choose the date as per your application deadline. IELTS is conducted on 48 fixed dates a year, up to four times a month as per local demand. Candidates therefore can choose from various slots available for the test. Since IELTS is a very popular test, it is suggested that candidates book the IELTS test dates before the registration deadline.
IELTS test centers are there in 78 locations in India. Candidates from different states of India are able to pick IELTS test centers at their ease. Among the test center locations, the British council conducts IELTS at 40 locations and rests are associated with IDP IELTS. Due to Covid-19 restrictions, IELTS test centers were closed previously, but now, the centers are opening.
IELTS Registration 2021
IELTS registration is conducted through British Council and IDP. The IELTS registration can be done in two ways: Online and Offline. Candidates can take the IELTS 4 times a month that adds to 48 fixed dates every year. IELTS can be rescheduled and retaken as well, though the complete fee of Rs. 14,000 needs to be paid for the second factor.
- IELTS exam fee varies across countries. In India, the exam fee is INR 14,000.
- Candidates can register for the IELTS exam via online or offline modes.
- IELTS can be taken either in a paper-delivered format or IELTS computer-delivered format
- Candidates can book their tests even 24 hours prior to the exam but in that case, the candidate may have the possibility of not getting the preferred slot of the day
So, booking the slot for IELTS earlier will be a better plan since the IELTS registration status processing also takes time. It is also recommended to book the IELTS registration in India or for other countries at least 3-4 months before the application deadline of the university
Below are two IELTS registration methods followed by IDP and British Council, candidates should study both of them and proceed with the method they want:
- Candidates can register through IDP for the IELTS at ieltsidpindia.com;
- Candidates can register through British Council for British council IELTS at ielts.britishcouncil.org;
IELTS Online Registration
Most of the candidates opt for online registration since it consumes less time to just follow three steps: Registering, selecting the preferred date and location, and ultimately paying the fee.
Step 1: Filling Basic Details
The first step of the IELTS application involves the selection of country, disability arrangement requirement, and month. The candidate has to select a date and country and module (Academic or General Training).
Selecting the IELTS date from the selected month.
Step 2: Registering
Candidates will come across the registration box where they need to fill in the mandatory details like email id, date of birth, and name.
They will be moved on to the personal details section where they need to fill in their country, postal code, address, mobile number, and more.
Step: 3: Uploading ID Proof
The next step will require the candidate to upload the required document - Passport.
Step 5: Filling Information about Nationality, Education, Occupation
Step: 6: Reviewing Application
Step: 7: Payment of IELTS Exam fees
Finally, they will pay the IELTS registration fee. After the payment has been made, they will print the acknowledgment receipt.
The IELTS Indicator is a product of the conducting bodies of IELTS that enables at-home exams during the pandemic. The process to register for the IELTS indicator is simple and very similar to the regular IELTS exam. Below are the steps to register for IELTS Indicator:
- Create an account
- Open the IELTS Indicator sites and head to the Registration page
- Choose your country
- Then you will notice the IELTS exam date available for listening, reading, and writing sections
- When selected, the date and the test starting time will be displayed
- Then you will need to select the speaking date which will not be on the same day as the other 3 sections
- Candidates need to select the speaking test time.
- Then pay the IELTS fee of $149
IELTS Exam Fee 2021
Registration fees for the IELTS exam can also be paid either online or offline mode. IELTS fee varies across countries due to the rate of currencies. For India registration India, the IELTS registration fee is INR 14,000. The fee payment process is discussed below.
Mode of Payment of IELTS Exam Fee
It is mandatory for IELTS aspirants to pay the fees by using either of the three methods:
- Credit/Debit card (Master or Visa) and net banking;
- Demand Draft: The fee needs to be drawn in favor of "IDP EDUCATION INDIA PRIVATE LIMITED, Payable at New Delhi" or 'British Council', payable at New Delhi and made from the acceptable list of banks;
- Bank transfer: Pay by cash at either ICICI/Allahabad bank branches with the help of a customized deposit slip that can be downloaded from IDP or the British Council’s website.
IELTS exam fee for registration can be paid either via online (credit card) or offline payment options. If the applicant has chosen an offline mode of application, the form must be submitted with the required documents.
Cancellation or Rescheduling for IELTS exam
Due to any kind of unavoidable situation, candidates cancel or reschedule for the IELTS exam. Candidates must keep in mind the amount of cancellation fee that will be charged depending on the duration left for the test taken.
- Full test fee will be charged if cancellation happens within 5 weeks of the test date
- Transfer of registration fee will be granted only if the applicant manages to produce appropriate medical evidence within 5days of the test date
- Candidate must fill out “Request for Postponement or Cancellation” form if needs to apply for cancellation or postponement of the test date
- After filling out the form, the candidate will have to send it via post or courier to the following address
British Council: BC Examinations and English Services India Pvt. Ltd.,
6th Floor, One Horizon Centre,
Sector 43, Golf Course Road, Gurgaon - 122002.
IDP:IDP Education India Private
Limited, 6th Floor, Plot No.32, Global Business Square, SECTOR44, GURGAON-122003 (Haryana),India.
- The form must be sent 5 weeks before the IELTS test date
- Any form received after the deadline will be accepted but the registration fee will not be transferred.
- A cancellation fee will also be charged while processing a cancellation request
Cancellation of IELTS Exam
- The cancellation fee will be deducted from the refund of the application fee
- It takes 2 weeks to process cancellation request made by the candidate
- In case of refund for online payment, the amount will be transferred to the original card from where payment is initiated
- Candidates must attach the original payment receipt of the test fee along with the form.
- If a candidate cancels it prior five-week before the test date, then a refund will be initiated after deducting 25% of the administration fee of the test fee.
- It will take 4-6 weeks to process the amount.
Postponement of IELTS Registration Date
If a candidate wishes to postpone the IELTS date to a later time, then it is necessary to request a change in date 5 weeks prior to the exam date. For the postponement of the exam date, the candidate will not be charged any fee. If postponement happens due to medical issues, the candidate needs to submit medical evidence.
IELTS registration dates should be carefully checked before applying as they should sync with the university application deadlines. ETS IELTS registration can be done either online or offline methods depending on the requirements of the candidate.
- Candidates can register through British Council for British council IELTS at ielts.britishcouncil.org
- The first step of the IELTS application involves booking date and venue
- The candidate has to select a date and country and module (Academic or IELTS General Training). After choosing options, available dates will appear on the screen. The candidate has to choose available date slots. After choosing dates, the candidate has to fill up necessary fields like personal details, educational qualification, occupation, identification number, identity proof, etc. IELTS exam registration can be done either online or offline. It is necessary to read through each field consciously before proceeding with form fill-up. Registration should be completed with concentration without any nuances.
- If the applicant has chosen the offline mode of application, the form must be submitted with the required documents
- IELTS exam fee for registration can be paid either via online (credit card) or offline payment options.
IELTS Offline Registration
IELTS registration can be done by person or courier too.
IELTS Registration by Person:
Besides the above-mentioned online mode, candidates can also opt for offline mode to register for the IELTS exam. Candidates can head to the IDP branch. The application form for the offline process can be downloaded from the official site. Registration forms are also available on either IDP or British Council website as well. Fill out the form correctly and send it to the nearest test center along with the fee.
The candidate has to follow each method prominently to register for the IELTS exam in offline mode.
- Take a printout of the form and fill up necessary details correctly
- Visit the official website to find out available dates for the exam. Choose a test date after availability
- Make payment for the IELTS exam fee either via cash or by demand draft
IELTS Registration by Courier:
You can either download the application form from the concerned website or collect it from the nearest branch. Proceed by completing the form, and acknowledging the terms and conditions attached with the form. Attach your Passport’s photocopy. Either attach the demand draft test fee or the authentic customer copy of the ICICI deposit slip depositing the cash in your nearest bank. Lastly, deliver the form along with the test fee.
Post IELTS Registration
- A candidate who has registered online will be sent a confirmation mail about the reception of the payment
- It also contains details regarding free access for IELTS exam preparation online course called, “Road to IELTS”.
- IELTS exam date will be confirmed once the candidate receives an email
- The candidate who has registered offline will receive a confirmation receipt and access details for preparation material via mail within 7days of receiving the documents
- Candidates should be careful in preserving this mail as it would contain important information.
IELTS Documents Required for Registration
Before registering for IELTS, test-takers should have a clear idea between the IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training exams and the main objectives behind both of them. After they have gained that particular information, the documents required for IELTS exam registration India are stated below:
Find out the enclosures to be sent for those who have registered online and make payment by Cash or Demand Draft below:
- Copy of IELTS test application acknowledgment received after registering online
- Proof of fee payment made either via demand draft or “British Council Copy” of ICICI bank payment slip
A candidate who makes an offline application for the IELTS exam and makes fee payment via Cash or Demand Draft has to send the following details
- Complete IELTS application form
- Proof of fee payment made either via demand draft or “British Council Copy” of ICICI bank payment slip
|Personal Information||Name of the candidate; Email address; Date of Birth; Address; Phone number; Gender|
|Identification Proof||Identity document; Identity proof number|
|Nation related information||Code and name of the country; Nationality Code and name of first language|
|Occupational details||Occupation sector; Occupation level|
|Educational Qualification||Level of education; Number of years studying English; Current studying level on English|
|Reason for IELTS||For Higher Education or for Employment purpose|
|Important dates||Declaration; Signature; date|
For occupational details, candidates have to fill up other occupational sectors along with code. Below the table is given along with code:
|Agriculture, Fishing, Forestry, Mining||02|
|Arts and Entertainment||03|
|Banking and Finance||04|
|Catering and Leisure||05|
|Craft and design||07|
|Health and Social Services||09|
|Installation, Maintenance and Repair Services||10|
|Law and Legal Services||11|
|Manufacturing and Assembly Industries||12|
|Technical and Scientific||15|
|Telecommunications and Media||16|
Along with the occupational sector, the candidate has to fill up an occupational level as well with code
|Employee (Senior level)||3|
|Employee (Middle or Junior level)||4|
|Worker in home||5|
Codes used for IELTS
If you are taking IELTS in India or opting for IELTS registration in Australia, a valid reason has to be mentioned behind your motive to take the IELTS apart from the occupational details. Reasons have been mentioned in the drop-down list, candidates have to choose an option along with code in the registration form.
|Reason for IELTS exam||Code|
|For higher education extending 3months or more||1|
|For higher education extending 3months or less||2|
|For other education purposes||3|
|For registration as a doctor||4|
|For professional registration (other than medical)||7|
|For personal reasons||8|
|For registration as a nurse (including CGFNS)||9|
|For registration as a dentist||10|
IELTS registration needs to be done at least 2 to 3 months prior to the deadlines since the preparation takes time.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.