IELTS exam dates are available all around the year, you need to choose the date as per your application deadline. Over 9,000 organizations across the globe accept IELTS score.
Table of contents
- It is used as a reliable indicator of all the aspects of communication in English for education, immigration, and professional purposes.
- IELTS is conducted on 48 fixed dates a year, up to four times a month as per local demand. Candidates therefore can choose from various slots available for the test.
- The test fee for IELTS Academic is INR 14000 irrespective of the means of IELTS Registration
- Since IELTS is a very popular test, it is suggested that candidates book the test seat before the registration deadline. Please note, once all the test places have been assigned and the session is full, you will not be able to see it on the online registration system.
Only a few IELTS exam dates are left this year. Due to COVID 19 outbreak, circumstances have been changed and so the authority took decisions for making the exam easier for the test takers by making it available at home. IELTS exam dates left are
|8th May, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|20th May, 2021||Academic|
|22nd May, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|29th May, 2021||Academic|
|5th June, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|12th June, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|17th June, 2021||Academic|
|19th June, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|2nd July, 2021||Academic|
|11th July, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|18th July, 2021||Academic|
|25th July, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|6th August, 2021||Academic|
|8th August, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|22nd August, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|29th August, 2021||Academic|
|5th September, 2021||Academic|
|12th September, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|17th September, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|26th September, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|10th October, 2021||Academic|
|15th October, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|24th October, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|31st October, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|7th November, 2021||Academic|
|12th November, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|21st November, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|28th November, 2021||Academic|
|3rd December, 2021||Academic|
|5th December, 2021||Academic and General Training|
|12th December, 2021||Academic|
|19th December, 2021||Academic and General Training|
Candidates can book the IELTS Exam centers and dates in three ways:
1) British Council:
Candidates can find updated information about the test dates and availability of slots by either using the online registration system or contacting one of the British Council centers to register in person. Usually, Listening, Reading and Writing tests are completed on the same day. The Speaking test may be conducted on the same day, or up to a week before or after the main test day, in which case, the candidate will receive a notification 5 days before the test.
There are two ways of registering for IELTS through British Council: Online and Offline.
- Visit the British Council website.
- Click on ‘Register for IELTS now’.
- Go to the box on the left side of the webpage, ‘Find Test Date’. Enter Month, City, Module.
- This will lead to IELTS Application: Check Test Availability page.
- Select the desired date and click ‘Apply’.
- The terms and conditions and declaration page will open.
- At the end of the declaration, click ‘I Agree’. Click ‘Confirm’.
- An IELTS Application: The candidate details page will open.
- Provide all the necessary details on the form. Click ‘Continue’.
- Pay the fees online using a credit/ debit card (Visa, Visa electron, Master Card).
- The final confirmation page will appear and an email will be sent to the provided email ID.
Candidates can register for IELTS via British Council through post/ courier as detailed below:
- Download the IELTS registration form from the website.
- Pick your test date and fill in the asked details.
- Pay by demand draft (made to British Council and payable at New Delhi) or by cash (To pay by cash visit the nearest ICICI bank with the ICICI payment slip).
- On the registration form, please provide a Blue Dart courier service address. Candidates may check whether their address is covered by Blue Dart or not on the link: bluedart.com/locationfinder_domestic.html. The IELTS study book and the TRF will be despatched at the address provided on the registration form.
- Send the following documents if paying by ICICI challan slip or demand draft:
- A copy of the IELTS Test application acknowledgement that received by email after the online registration.
- Proof of the payment made (either the demand draft or the ‘British Council copy’ of the ICICI payment slip).
The documents must be submitted within 3 days from the day of registering for the test to the British Council in Gurgaon. Candidates can also forward the application acknowledgement email with a scanned attachment of the British Council copy of the ICICI challan slip to IELTSpayments@britishcouncil.org.
- In case the payment is not received within 3 days, the IELTS application will be rejected.
- Candidates who apply using the online application form and made the payment online do not need to submit any documents.
Check Documents Required for IELTS
2) IDP Education:
Candidates can register for IELTS via IDP Education in three ways: online, in- person and offline.
- Visit the IDP Education website
- Select ‘Test’ and ‘Test Type’ and click ‘Go’.
- An entire matrix of all the available test centers, city-wise and month-wise will appear.
- Select the center according to your preference.
- Provide the following details: ID Type, ID number, validity date of ID, and date of birth.
- Click ‘Proceed’.
- Fill up your personal details on the Candidate Details page.
- Pay the IELTS fee using a credit card (MasterCard/ VISA)
- After successful registration, a confirmation mail will be sent on the email ID provided on the form.
- Visit any of the IDP Education India Pvt Ltd offices.
- Complete the online form online or a paper application with assistance from the staff.
- Fee payment can be made by credit card/ debit card or demand draft or customized ICICI bank/Allahabad bank deposit slip. Instant confirmation of reservation will be provided.
Offline- via courier:
Candidates can complete the IELTS application form and send it by courier to the address below where the application will be processed upon receipt and the placement will be determined, subject to availability:
6th Floor, Plot No. 32
Global Business Square, Sector 44,
3) IELTS official website:
- Visit the official IELTS website: ielts.org/book-a-test/find-a-test-location
- On this ‘Find a Test Location’ webpage of the IELTS official website, select the IELTS you want to take: IELTS or IELTS UKVI and IELTS Life Skills.
- Select ‘Country’ and click on ‘Find a test location’.
- Choose your ‘City’ and test center.
- Click ‘Book Now’.
- Depending on whether you choose the ‘British Council’ test centre or ‘IDP test centre’, you will be redirected to their respective websites. From here, the process will be the same as detailed above.
Candidates must acquaint themselves with the test day instructions and requirements carefully to avoid any unpleasant scenario on the test day at IELTS Test Centres.
What to bring into the IELTS test center
- Only pens, pencils and erasers.
- Passport/ national identity card that was used on the IELTS Application Form will be allowed inside the examination room.
- No food is allowed inside the examination room, only a drink in the transparent bottle may be taken inside.
Mobile phones and pagers must be switched off and placed with personal belongings in the area designated by the supervisor.
IELTS Test Centres provide extra facilities to test takers with special needs. In case any candidate requires some modified version of the test due to special requirements, he/ she must give the Test Centre three months’ notice for the preparation of the modified test version. In case any candidate requires special administrative arrangements to be made, e.g. extra time due to special requirements, he/ she must give the test center six weeks' notice.
The special arrangements for the candidates include the following:
- Braille papers
- Special Listening CD with necessary stops and pauses
- Lip-reading version of the Listening test
- Enlarged print or braille Speaking task cards
Candidates with special requirements must contact the IELTS test center at least two months before the test date to discuss their requirements and allow time for the necessary formalities, verification, and arrangements to be done.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.