Canada is gradually becoming a study destination among international candidates. Taking IELTS is mandatory for this. Every year, millions of aspirants around the world take the IELTS General exam as part of their Canadian immigration process. Taking IELTS can be a daunting prospect, but the right amount of information and advice can help you to obtain the best possible IELTS score for Canada immigration that you can achieve.
For Immigration in Canada, the applicants need to secure a 6.5-8 IELTS score in each section of IELTS general training which is undoubtedly very difficult for the candidates whose mother tongue is not English.
Here are a few IELTS preparation tips for Canada immigration that can help the candidates to secure a better IELTS score.
- Seek for online courses – IELTS preparation online courses are easy to avail and also convenient. You can prepare for IELTS from the comfort of your house and include it in your study plan.
- Read English- While preparing for IELTS preparation at home, include reading English newspapers, magazines, novels in your daily preparation schedule. Try to listen to English songs on the radio, watch TV shows or read the news in English. Also, include reading blogs. This way you can enhance your English.
- Be familiar with the IELTS structure- Make sure you are well acquainted with the IELTS exam pattern. It is that you should know the kinds of tasks included in each IELTS section. Hence go through the IELTS syllabus to exactly know what can come on the exam day.
- Timed practice- While practicing for IELTS, try to maintain IELTS preparation time. Learn to dedicate the requested amount of time to each task. Do not waste more time on a single question. Initially, it might be difficult but surely practice can help.
- Increase your Vocabulary- IELTS reading texts use a lot of high-level vocabulary that you might not encounter in day-to-day life.
Especially for non-native English speakers, IELTS reading tips and techniques suggest gaining knowledge about vocabulary. The IELTS reading passages contain some difficult vocabulary that requires daily reading practice from proper sources. Also, go through IELTS reading sample answers to enhance your skills.
- Group study- Try to include a group study with a friend. This way you can motivate each other, also can give feedback and correct each other.
- Don’t panic- Remember, panicking will not give you any extra points – so don’t panic during the exam. We rather advise the candidates to stay calm and keep away all the distractions so that they can fully concentrate on the test.
- Don’t over-study- Nobody can read 24/7. Try to give your best. Don’t stress and over-study. Be calm and try taking breaks while preparing.
- Take full-length practice tests- Try to include taking the full-length mock test in your IELTS study plan. Also, do not exhaust yourself before the test, try to take breaks according to your convenience.
The main potential that is required for Canadian immigration is your ability to communicate in English.
Candidates also opt for the CELPIP English test for going to Canada. In such cases, you need to pass an IELTS exam in order to enter the Express Entry pool. For Express Entry, you must take the IELTS General Training exam.
There are different pathways to entering the pool, with Canada offering three separate programs within Express Entry. Here is the detailed explanation:
- Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC): For workers evaluated under a unique FSW points system. Eligible individuals need to obtain at least 67 points out of 100. Up to 28 points are available for language ability, also an additional 5 points are available if you apply with a spouse/common-law partner who is proficient in English or French.
- Federal Skilled Trades Class (FSTC): For tradespersons with relevant experience.
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC): For individuals with ongoing or recent work experience in Canada.
|Topics||FSWC||FSTC||CEC(NOC 0 or A)||CEC(NOC B)|
|Speaking||IELTS 6||IELTS 5||IELTS 6||IELTS 4|
|Reading||IELTS 6||IELTS 3.5||IELTS 6||IELTS 4|
|Writing||IELTS 6||IELTS 4||IELTS 6||IELTS 4|
|Listening||IELTS 6||IELTS 5||IELTS 6||IELTS 5|
The IELTS cutoff for Canada PR is around 6 in each band score. Express Entry is considered the fastest method for obtaining a Canadian PR. The minimum IELTS score for Canada Express Entry is a band 6 or Canadian Language Benchmark(CLB) 7. IRCC or Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada take around 6 months to review the PR applications.
IELTS exam preparation for Canada Pr would include seeking guidance from IELTS coaching classes in India that offers both classrooms as well as online services. Most IELTS coaching at home design the study materials and practice materials as such that the test takers can easily diagnose their mistakes. You can prepare for IELTS for Canada PR as most IELTS coaching classes at home also offer one-to-one doubt clearing sessions for the test-takers. Few IELTS online prep apps and IELTS preparation books also help you in making your own IELTS study plan.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.