IES Admit Card is released by UPSC at its official portal (www.upsc.gov.in). IES admit card for Mains exam will be released in the month of April 2019. IES Mains admit card is given to only the qualifiers of IES Prelims exam. Check IES Cutoff
- IES Mains exam is scheduled for June 30, 2019. Admit Card will be available three weeks prior to the exam day.
- The recruitment exam will be conducted in over 42 centers across India. Check IES Exam Center
- There are two methods to access the document viz. by Registered ID (OR) by Roll Number.
- The document will carry the exam center name, address, and date of examination.
- No admission certificate will be sent by post.
- Syllabus for the engineering examination will be of graduation level. Check IES Syllabus
Highlights of IES Admit Card
UPSC is expected to issue admit card for Mains exam in the month of April. Check IES Exam Dates
|Availability of IES 2019 Prelims Admit Card||December 12, 2018 – January 6, 2019|
|Availability of IES 2019 Mains Admit Card||April 2019|
|IES 2019 Exam Date||Prelim Exam – January 6, 2019|
Mains Exam – June 30, 2019
|Issuing body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Mode of availability||Online|
|Admit Card can be downloaded from||upsc.gov.in|
|Number of exam centers||42|
|Admit Card can be accessed using||Registration ID, Roll number, and Date of birth|
|Details on IES/ ESE Admit Card||Candidate’s name, application number, test center, test date & time, category, photo and signature|
|Documents to carry along with admit card|
Copy of application form and a photo ID
|UPSC Helpline Number||011-23381125 | 011-23385271|
Union Public Service Commission conducts the engineering examination for recruitment of engineers in Engineering Services offered by the Government of India. Questions in Preliminary Exam will be objective in nature whereas questions in Mains Exam will be conventional in nature. Check IES Exam Pattern
Note: Any discrepancy in the e-Admit Card, has to be communicated to the Commission immediately by e-mail ID firstname.lastname@example.org latest by December 29 to enable the Commission to take a decision immediately.
How to download IES Admit Card 2019?
- UPSC IES Admit Card for both the stages (Prelims and Mains) will be released in online mode.
- Candidates have to visit UPSC IES website (www. upsc.gov.in) to download it.
- No hard copy of admit card is sent to the candidates. They must avail IES Hall Ticket from online mode only.
- Along with the hall ticket/ admit card, candidates must carry their IES Application Form, two recent color photographs, receipt of payment and a valid photo ID in original to the exam hall.
To download the document, candidates can follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in.
Step 2: Click on ‘Examinations’ tab.
Step 3: In the examinations section, click on e-admit cards.
Step 4: There will be a link for ‘UPSC Engineering IES 2019 admit card’.
Step 5: Click on IES 2019 Admit Card.
Step 6: Read the Instructions and click “Yes”.
Step 7: Enter Registration ID/ Roll Number and other details in the provided field.
Step 8: Click on “Submit” button.
Step 9: IES Examination Admit Card 2019 will appear on the screen.
Step 10: Download/ Take a printout of the Admit card and carry it with you on exam day.
Details on IES Admit Card
UPSC IES Admit Card carries important information about the candidate and the exam he is appearing for. One must remember to verify all the particulars and ensure that everything mentioned is accurate.
IES 2019 admit card will contain the following specifics:
- Personal details of the candidate (Name, father’s name, DOB, address etc)
- Date and time of the examination
- Venue and total address
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Registration number
- Roll number
- Email ID
- General instructions to be kept in mind while attempting the examination
Documents to carry with IES Admit Card
Candidates while appearing for IES should carry any one of the following documents as their photo identity proof to exam venue:
- PAN Card
- Voter ID
- Aadhaar UID
- Driving License
Discrepancy in IES Admit Card 2019
- Post downloading ESE Admit Card, candidates are advised to check all the mentioned details and verify them properly.
- In case there is some discrepancy in the given information or if the admit card has not been displayed on the official website till one week prior to the exam, candidate must immediately contact UPSC in this regard.
- In case of non-receipt of UPSC IES Admit Card, candidate can contact the Facilitation Counter located in the UPSC Office either in person or by phone.
- In case of discrepancy or errors in IES Admit Card, the candidate must get in touch with the appropriate authority, requesting to issue a new one. The request must contain the following particulars:
- Name and year of the examination
- Registration ID (RID)
- Roll Number (if received)
- Name of candidate (in full and in block letters)
- Postal Address as given in the application
- Failure to mention any of these details will result in ignorance/non-consideration of the candidate’s request. Hence, applicants must be vigilant about this issue.
- The authorities can be reached at the following address:
E-mail: email@example.com (for technical problem)
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (for applicant data problem)
Details about IES Prelims Admit Card
- Admit Card for Prelims is issued to candidates who registered successfully for IES 2019.
- UPSC, conducting body of the engineering services examination will issue the document in December 2018.
- E-Admit Card can be downloaded via online mode only.
- IES Prelims consists of two papers, which carry a total of 500 marks. Check IES Exam Pattern
- The two papers consist of General Studies & Engineering Aptitude and Engineering Specific discipline.
- IES Prelims is scheduled for January 6, 2019.
- Candidates must ensure to carry the admit card at the center.
- Without an admit card, candidate will not be able to appear for the examination.
Details about IES Mains Admit Card
- IES/ ESE admit card for Mains is issued to those candidates who qualify the Prelims examination. Check IES Cut Off
- Mains examination consists of engineering specific subjects of 600 marks.
- The Stage 2 exam is scheduled for June 30, 2019. UPSC will issue the document via online mode only in April 2019.
- Candidates must carry the admit card with them in order to appear for the examination.
Details about IES Admit Card for Personality Test
- After the results for mains is declared, a notification is released to the qualified candidates about the e-letter for appearing in the Personality Test.
- UPSC issued the IES admit cards to the qualified aspirants.
- It can be downloaded by providing the required details.
- The personality test carries 200 marks. Check How to crack IES Interview Round
IES Exam Centers 2019
- UPSC decides the final exam center or venue of a candidate.
- Currently, there are 42 centers where the engineering exam will be conducted.
- While filling in the registration form, candidates are required to choose two exam centers as per their preference.
- The conducting body reserves the right to allot an exam center as per the availability of the same.
Tabulated below are the names of IES Exam Centers where Preliminary Examination of IES 2019 will be conducted:
While in the Part II registration of IES 2019, candidates are asked to choose the center for preliminary exam, according to their preference. It must be noted that the exam center for Mains examination is different.
Following is the list of exam center choices available for candidates:
Tabulated below are the names of IES Prelims Exam Centers.
|IES Prelims Exam Centers 2019|
|Panaji (Goa)||Port Blair||Sambalpur|
IES 2019 Mains Exam Centers
|IES Mains Exam Centers 2019|
IES Exam Day Instructions 2019
Following rules should be followed by every examinee on the day of examination:
- Check the e-Admit Card carefully and bring discrepancies, if any, to the notice of UPSC immediately.
- Mention your Name, Roll Number, Registration ID and Name & Year of the Examination in all the correspondence with UPSC.
- Bring this e-Admit Card in each session to secure admission to Examination Hall.
- You are responsible for safe custody of the e-Admit Card and in the event of any other person using this e-Admit Card, the onus lies on you to prove that you have not used the service of any impersonator.
- Enter the Examination Hall 20 minutes before the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- Candidates should note that any omission / mistake / discrepancy in encoding / filling in details in the OMR answer sheet, especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
- You will not be admitted to the examination if you report 10 minutes after the scheduled commencement of the examination.
- If you appear at a centre / sub-centre other than the one indicated by the Commission in your e-Admit Card, your answer scripts will not be evaluated and your candidature is liable to be cancelled.
- Read the "Special Instructions for candidates admitted to the examination" given in "Rules for the Examination" available in Examination Notice and "Poster" containing instructions displayed outside the Examination Hall.
- Your candidature to the examination is provisional.
- Mobile Phones, Calculators, IT Gadgets and any other Communication device such as Bluetooth etc. are not allowed inside the premises where the examination is being conducted. Any Infringements of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations
- There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type Question Papers.
- Answers other than those made by Black Ball Point Pen would not be evaluated.
- Candidates are advised not to bring any valuables/costly items and bags to the Examination Halls, as safe keeping of the same can not be assured. The Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
- Candidates who do not have clear photographs on the e-admit card will have to bring a photo identity proof viz. Adhar Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Voter I Card etc. and two passport size photographs one for each session for appearing in the examination with an undertaking.
- Orthopaedically /Visually Impaired candidates, who have opted for their own scribe, may note that their own scribe will be allowed for the exam only with a separate e-Admit Card for such scribe. The e-Admit Cards for the own scribes will be issued separately.
IES Exam Day Instructions in Hindi
IES 2019 – Exam Instructions for Scribe
- Visually Impaired candidates (Visually impairment 40% or more) and the candidates with Locomotor Disability and Cerebral Palsy where (dominant writing) extremity is affected to the extent of slowing the performance of function (minimum of 40% impairment) are entitled to a compensatory time of 20 minutes per hour in both the sessions.
- Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will be allowed to avail the assistance of such Scribe, only if he/she carries a valid Scribe Admit Card duly issued by the Commission for such purpose.
- Candidates with disabilities, who have been permitted by the Commission to bring their own scribe to write the exam, will not be allowed to change their Scribe subsequently.
- The scribe will read out the question to the candidate and on candidate’s instruction, mark and shade the appropriate circles on the objective type OMR sheet. The candidate will clearly indicate to the scribe as to which of the four responses in his/her estimation, is the correct response so that the scribe can mark the answer accordingly by blackening the appropriate circle with Black Ball Point Pen.
- The scribe will make no gestures, sounds or any other response or communication designed to indicate to the candidate the correctness or otherwise of the answer being recorded by him/her.Any such attempt would entail disqualification of the candidate and stringent action against both the candidate and the scribe shall be taken.
- The peace in the examination hall or of the other candidates seated in the examination hall should not be disturbed while the scribe reads out the questions to the candidate or when the candidate indicates the correct response to the scribe for marking in the answer-sheet.
- Candidate and the scribe will sign a declaration that they are aware of/have read the Commission’s instructions regarding the conduct of the candidates and their scribe and they undertake to abide by these instructions.
- No TA/DA or any remuneration will be paid by the Commission either to the candidates or the scribes brought by them.
- Violation of any of the instructions shall entail cancellation of the candidature of the candidate in addition to any other appropriate action that may be taken by the Commission against the candidate/scribe. Both the candidate and the scribe shall be subject to the rules of examination and action will be taken against them for violation of the same as per rules of the examination.
IES 2019 Exam Day Instructions for Scribe in Hindi
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College