IES Application Form 2019 is released by Union Public Services Commission online. The last date to apply online is October 22, 2018 till 6 pm after which the registration link will be disabled. Registration for the exam contains 2 parts namely Registration I (Providing basic information) and Registration II (Payment of fee, Selection of exam center and Uploading of Signature & Photograph). This year, IES 2019 Prelims is scheduled for January 6, 2019 and IES Mains is scheduled for June 30, 2019.
As per the updates, the minimum eligibility to apply for IES is possession of a Degree in Engineering. Through IES 2019 candidates are recruited to various posts in Indian Engineering Services.
- Candidates who register successfully can download their IES Admit Card from upsc.gov.in.
- The application fee for the Indian Engineering Services examination is INR 200.
- Online Application Form is available in English and Hindi language but it can be filled in English language only.
- There is no provision of editing the details in IES Form after final submission.
Indian Engineering Service examination or IES is conducted every year by UPSC. It is alternatively known as ESE (Engineering Service Examination). Through ESE, engineers are recruited in various government services or sectors of roadways, railways, energy, defense, and telecommunication. The examination will be conducted in offline mode. All the questions in the Preliminary Exam are objective in nature. Whereas, questions in Mains Exam are conventional in nature. Check UPSC Official Website for more Details
Note: Candidates who have apply for IAS exam can check latest information here-Read About IAS 2019
IES Application Form 2019
|Availability of IES Application 2019||September 26, 2018|
|Conducting Body||UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|IES Official Website||www.upsc.gov.in|
|Minimum qualification to fill IES Application Form||Bachelor’s degree in engineering from a recognized University|
|Documents required at the time of form-filling||Scanned copy of all academic certificates, recent photograph, and signature|
|IES Application Fee |
For General Category- INR 200
For Females & Reserved Category – Exempted
|Candidates expected to register for IES 2019||Over 2 lakh|
|IES Contact Details||011-23385271/ 23381125/ 23098543|
IES 2019 Application Form Dates
As per IES 2019 Notification, UPSC will release the application form of IES on September 26, 2018. Tabulated below is the schedule for the registration of engineering examination.
How to fill IES Application Form 2019?
IES Online Application Forms are available at the official website of UPSC IES. Participants must note that the forms can be submitted via online mode only. All the engineering candidates who have paid the requisite application fees can appear for the test.
Here are the pre-requisites for filling IES Application Form:
- Valid mobile number and email address
- Class 10th Mark sheet and class 12th Mark sheet
- Mark sheets for all the semesters of Graduation/ Qualifying exam Degree
- Scanned images of Photograph & Signature of applicant
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Physical disability certificate (if applicable)
- Certificate of qualifying examination
The registration for IES comprises of 2 major stages. They are as follows:
To access the application form link, candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsconline.nic.in
- Click on the link “online application for various examinations of UPSC” on the home page.
- Already registered candidates can apply directly for the examination by clicking on the link.
- New candidates should enter on “new users” for one-time registration process of IES.
- Candidates will be redirected to a new web page with online application form.
Stage 1: Registration
- This is the first step involved in IES Registration, where candidates are required to provide their personal details.
- Details required in this stage are as follows:
- Name – Enter the name of candidate who is appearing for IES. The name should be the same as mentioned in the 10th or 12th passing certificate.
- Parents Name – Candidate has to provide the names of his/ her parents' in the form. One must make sure to not prefix Shri/ Mr. Dr. etc while entering the names.
- Gender – Select your gender i.e. male or female.
- Date of Birth – Provide the date of birth as mentioned in passing certificates of class 10th and 12th.
- Nationality – Interested candidates are required to select their nationality. All candidates except citizens of India are required to produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- Email Address – Provide a valid and active email ID. All the communication related to IES is done on the ID provided.
- Password – Here, choose a maximum 10 digit password for future logins. It should have at least 1 character and 1 number.
- Mobile Number – Provide a working mobile number. Make sure to enter it correctly because this is another medium where all the communication related to IES will be done.
- Academic Details – The following details are required under this head:
- Details of 10th class examination-Aggregate marks in percentage, total marks, year of pass out and board name
- Details of 12th class examination- Aggregate marks in percentage, total marks, year of pass out and board name
- Details of B.Tech: Aggregate marks in percentage, total marks, year of pass out and the name of university.
- After completing the Stage 1 of registration, click on ‘Save and Continue’.
- A Registration Number and Password will be issued. Save these credentials for Stage 2 and future logins.
- The completion of Stage 1 is also communicated on the email and mobile number provided.
- A link to step onto Stage 2 is provided. Click on it, to complete the registration procedure of IES.
Stage 2: Fee Payment, Choosing Exam Center & Uploading Documents
- After clicking on the link provided for Stage 2, candidates have to complete 4 steps. They are as follows:
- Fee Payment
- Selecting IES Exam Center
- Uploading of scanned images of Photograph and Signature
- Agreeing to Declaration
- To start with this step, login by using the ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Date of Birth’.
IES Application Fees
UPSC has stipulated a specific application fee a candidate needs to pay in order to access IES Application Form. Tabulated below is the fee as per candidate’s category:
|Candidate Category||Application Fee (INR)|
- IES Application Fee can be paid via online or offline mode.
- Online mode – Payment can be done through SBI Net Banking/ credit card/ debit card.
- Offline mode – Submit bank challan of INR 200 at the nearest branch of State Bank of India.
Note: Candidates making payment via cash should take a printout of challan generated online after completion of registration. Candidate has to visit nearest SBI branch for depositing fee after 24 hours of generation of challan.
IES Exam Center selection
- Next, select the location preference for IES exam center.
- Candidates will have an option to select just one exam center for Indian Engineering Services examination.
- The exam center options need to be made from a drop-down menu.
|IES Exam Centers 2019|
Uploading of Photograph & Signature
- This is the last step in the entire registration procedure for IES.
- The scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG format.
- In this step, candidates are required to upload their scanned Photo and Signature as per the specifications defined by UPSC.
Tabulated below are the Photograph & Signature dimensions by the conducting body:
|Image||Not less than||Not more than||Pixel size||Bit Depth|
|Photograph||3 KB||40 KB||140 height x 110 width||24 bit|
|Signature||1 KB||40 KB||110 height x 140 width||24 bit|
There are few points that one should consider before finally submitting IES Application Form. The points are listed below:
- Make sure that the photograph and signature are properly cropped and clear.
- The photograph should not contain any mark such as signature etc.
- The signature file should contain your recent signature only without any marks.
- In case of poor quality images, not properly cropped or swapping of photograph/signature file, the application is liable to be rejected.
- After filling the application form, candidates should check if all the details furnished by them are accurate.
- Corrections can be done in the application form of IES before submitting the form.
- Once the form is submitted, it can neither be withdrawn nor corrected.
- Therefore, candidates are advised to verify all the details that they have entered in the application form before they submit it.
- They should carefully navigate through all the sections in the application form and see if all the details entered are accurate.
- After checking thoroughly, click on “submit” button.
- Candidates must take a printout of the filled application form for future use.
Important Instructions related to IES Application Form 2019
- It is advisable to submit a single application. If a candidate submits multiple applications, it will result in cancellation of candidature.
- If due to any unavoidable reason, candidate submits more than one application, the application with higher RID (Registration ID) will be accepted by UPSC. Also, the fee paid against one RID will not be adjusted against any other RID.
- Candidates in Government Service/ in Government owned industrial undertakings/ other similar organisations/ in private employment should apply online directly to the Commission.
- Choice of exam center and engineering discipline should be made carefully. No changes will be entertained regarding the same at later stages.
- Information regarding use of scribes by PwD candidates will be clearly mentioned in IES Application Form. One must go through the same thoroughly.
- Applications found incomplete or defective will be rejected immediately. No representation regarding the same will be entertained under any circumstances.
IES 2019 Official Notification
IES Eligibility Criteria 2019
Union Public Service Commission has prescribed particular eligibility criteria for aspiring engineers. Candidates must satisfy the following standards in order to appear for IES 2019:
- As per Nationality:
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Nepal/ Bhutan, or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came to India before Jan. 1, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who migrated from Pakistan/ Burma/ Sri Lanka/ East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India
- As per Age Limits:
- Candidates who have attained age of 21 years as on August 1, 2019 can apply for IES 2019.
- The upper age limit to appear for the engineering examination is 30 years.
- For Govt. Servants, the upper age limit of 30 years will be relaxed to 35 years.
- As per Minimum Educational Qualification:
- Candidates must have a degree in Engineering from a recoganised university.
- Degree/ Diploma in Engineering from a Foreign University/ College can also apply for the examination.
Check IES Eligibility Criteria
IES (ESE) Application Form FAQs
Ques. When and where will IES 2019 application form be available?
Ans. Union Public Service Commission or UPSC will release IES Application Forms from September 26, 2018. Candidates have to visit UPSC Official Website in order to access the application form. The last date to register for IES exam is October 22, 2018.
Ques. There was a small mistake while filling the application form. Can I rectify it now?
Ans. No. One must take note that after finally submitting the application form for engineering services examination no changes will be entertained by the authorities. In case of any mistake in filling application, candidate is responsible. Hence, it is important to review the form thoroughly before submitting it.
Note: If the registration window is still open, candidate can resubmit a new application again and has to pay the application fee as well.
Ques. The size of the photograph that I have is larger than what is specified for filling IES application form. What should I do now?
Ans. UPSC has defined specific dimensions for images to be uploaded in the application form of IES. In case, the size is exceeding the specifications, one can compress the same. The size of the photograph should not be more than 40KB. After compressing it to the desired size, you can upload it.
Steps to Resize or Crop Pictures
There are two methods to resize the documents in Microsoft Paint (Click Start, Programs, Accessories, then Paint). They are as follows:
- Open the image file that needs to be edited.
- Click the Image Menu at the top and select Stretch/Skew Image.
- Choose a percentage figure to resize the image.
- Click ‘Ok’.
- Once you have the desired size, click File, then Save or click Save As
- Enable Num Lock by pressing the Num Lock button on your keyboard.
- Select the entire image.
- Hold down Ctrl and press the - or + button on your number pad to resize the image. (The number pad is a square arrangement of numbers and symbols on your keyboard, that can only be enabled with the Num Lock. )
Ques. What is the application fee for IES 2019?
Ans. As per the authorities, the application fee for the examination is INR 200 for general category candidates. Females candidates and reserved category candidates do not have to pay the application fee.
Ques. Can I pay the application fee through offline mode?
Ans. Yes. There is a provision to pay the application fee via offline mode. Candidates have to visit the nearest branch of State Bank of India and pay a Bank Challan of INR 200.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College