IES Results 2019: UPSC is responsible to declare the results of IES Stage 1 (Prelims) and Stage 2 (Mains). Candidates qualifying Prelims can then appear for Mains. Test takers securing the qualifying marks in IES will be declared qualified for the Interview round. Check IES Cut off
- Results will be released on UPSC’s website i.e. upsconline.nic.in
- The no. of candidates to be admitted to the Main/Stage II Exam will be about six to seven time the total approx. no. of vacancies to be filled in the year through UPSC IES.
- The no. of candidates to be summoned for Personality Test will be about twice the no. of vacancies to be filled.
Know about IES Jobs and Salaries
UPSC has published the exam dates for IES 2019 session. IES Prelims is scheduled for January 6, 2019 and Mains for June 30, 2019. CheckIES Exam Pattern
Last year Statistics (IES 2018):
The number of candidates qualified for IES Mains 2018 for each branch was –
|Branch||No. of candidates|
Highlights of IES Results 2019
|IES 2019 Result Date||IES Prelims – January 6, 2019 |
IES Mains – June 30, 2019
|Mode of Availability||Online|
|Conducting Body||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Candidates expected to qualify IES 2019||As per vacancies available i.e. 581|
|Applicability of IES Result||For recruitment of engineering in various posts in Indian Engineering Services|
|IES Helpline Number||011-23385271/ 23381125/ 23098543|
How to Check IES Result 2019?
Candidates can check the result by following the below procedure:
- Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. upsc.gov.in
- From the right side menu, choose ‘Written Results’ option
- The result will be available in a PDF file. You can find the roll numbers of qualified candidates in each branch
- Download the PDF file and view your result
- You can save a copy of the UPSC IES result PDF file for future use
IES Result 2019 – Preliminary Stage
- The result of IES 2019 preliminary exam will be declared on February 17, 2019.
- The preliminary exam will have two papers – General Studies, Engineering Aptitude and Civil engineering.
- Total marks allotted- 500
- Candidates qualifying the preliminary exam will be shortlisted to appear for the mains examination.
- Marks secured by candidates in the preliminary exam will be taken into account for the final result.
- Obtaining minimum qualifying marks in both the papers is mandatory. This will also remain a criterion for selection in the main examination.
IES Result 2019 – Mains Stage
- Candidates qualifying the preliminary exam will be eligible to appear for the mains exam which will be held on July 1, 2019.
- Total marks allotted- 600
- The results for the mains exam will be declared tentatively in the first week of August.
- Engineering Services (mains/stage-II) examination consists of two conventional type papers in Engineering Discipline-specific.
- Duration- 3 hours
- Candidates qualifying the mains exam as per the qualifying standards set by UPSC will be called for the personality test.
IES Result 2019 – Personality Test (Interview)
- UPSC will shortlist candidates twice the number of vacancies for the personality test.
- The total marks allotted to personality test will be 200 with no minimum qualifying marks
- Candidates appearing for the personality test will be assessed on the basis of leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application and integrity of character.
IES Result 2019 – Final Result and Allotment
- The final IES result is expected to be declared in September 2019.
- The final result will be prepared on the basis of candidate’s performance in the preliminary exam, mains exam and the personality test.
- The final result will be declared as a pdf file with roll numbers of qualified candidates in each discipline.
- Candidates will be allotted to the various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preference expressed by them for the various services/posts.
IES 2019 Answer Key
The answer keys for the engineering service examination is released by UPSC. Candidates have to visit the official website in order to check the same.
- IES 2019 Answer Key will be available for the following papers:
- Civil Engineering Paper - I
- Civil Engineering Paper - II
- Mechanical Engineering Paper - I
- Mechanical Engineering Paper - II
- Electrical Engineering Paper - I
- Electrical Engineering Paper - II
- E & T Paper - I
- E & T Paper - II
CheckIES Answer Keys and Analysis (Last year)
How to Download IES Answer Key?
Step 1: Visit the official website i.e. upsc.gov.in
Step 2: Click on “Answer Key” from the drop-down menu under “Examination”
Step 3: Year-wise Examination Answer Key will be listed
Step 4: Check “Engineering Services Examination 2019”
Step 5: All the subjects and papers will be listed with a link beside them.
Step 6: Applicants can click on the link to the respective papers to view and download the answer key.
Check Best Study Material for IES Preparation
What is Detailed Application Form (DAF) for IES Interview?
- Candidates who have cleared the written examination i.e. Stage 1 and Stage 2 have to appear for Stage 3 i.e. Personality Test.
- Before appearing for the last stage, candidates are required to fill Detailed Application Form.
- DAF can be accessed online at UPSC Official Website.
- For candidates appearing for the interview, this is the form that the board will have in front of them.
- Most of the questions are asked from DAF in IES Interview. CheckHow to prepare for IES Interview round
Details asked in DAF 2019
The form consists of questions that are basic and general in nature. The fields in the form are as follows:
- Name – Candidate must enter their name as given in 10th and 12th official documents. One should know the meaning or everything possible related to the name.
- Address – Residence address of a candidate.
- Domicile – Provide information about the place of birth. Candidate must know the meaning of Domicile and also all the possible information related to it.
- Date of Birth – Birth date as mentioned in the official documents. Also, one must know if there is any historical significance of the day.
- Community – Candidate has to mention their category. It is important to know the meaning of SC/ST/OBC/PwD abbreviations.
- Employment Status – Mention details about the past and current employment status. It is important to know all the information about your current and past employment working.
- Name of Father/ Mother –Provide correct names of your parents in DAF for IES Interview.
- Father/ Mother’s profession and salary – Candidate must know about their parents' profession and salary they earn.
- Service preferences – This must be decided by the candidate. Fill in the preferences in serial order. Fill this very carefully, find out all the information related to these services and also discuss with working people.
- Prizes/ Medal/ Scholarship etc – Information provided should be valid. It is not mandatory to fill this field.
- Team/ Games/ Sports – Mention about it if you have played upto district/ zonal level.
- Position of distinction/ leadership –Mention positions where you have actually played some meaningful leadership roles.
- Hobbies and interest – It is one of the most important fields of DAF. it is because the questions generally start from this, most of the time. Write hobbies which you can justify in front of the pannel.
IES 2019 Merit List
- UPSC will conduct IES 2019 Examination and assess the answer sheets of the appeared candidates.
- IES 2019 Merit List will be declared on the official website of UPSC.
- After the result of IES Main Examination (ESE) is declared, IES 2019 Merit List will be declared on the official website.
- The merit list will be based on the total marks secured by the applicants in both Preliminary and Mains Examination.
- On the basis of the total, the eligibility for the Personality Test (Interview) will be determined.
Tabulated below is the details that explain the three-tier scheme of IES Examination:
|Stage 1||IES Preliminary Examination (Objective Type Paper)||Only those candidates qualify the Preliminary Examination will be permitted to appear for Stage 2 Examination|
|Paper I (Common)||General Studies and Engineering Aptitude Paper|
|Paper II||Engineering Discipline-Specific Paper|
|Stage 2||IES Mains Examination (Conventional Type Papers)||Only those candidates qualify both Stage 1 and Stage 2 Examination will be allowed to appear for Stage 3 Examination|
|Paper I||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-I|
|Paper II||Engineering Discipline-specific Paper-II|
|Stage III||Personality Test (Interview)|
|Stage I +II + III||Grand Total = Final IES 2019 Result|
Candidates who will qualify all the three stages will be listed in IES 2019 Final Merit List of Engineering Services Examination.
The selection of candidates will be based on the total marks secured.
IES Results FAQs
Ques. Will the result be declared collectively or separately for each tier?
Ans. The result for each tier will be released separately.
Ques. How many stages are there in the recruitment process?
Ans. There will be the three stages- Preliminary exam, Main Exam and Personal Interview.
Ques. When will the result for Main Exam be declared?
Ans. IES Main Exam result is expected to be declared by August 2019.
Ques. When will the final result be declared?
Ans. The final result and allotment are expected to be declared by September 2019.
Ques. Will IES release the Answer key for every exam?
Ans. Yes. The official answer keys for every tier will be released on the official website soon after the exam.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College