IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Test
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Test is the national level entrance conducted by IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) for admission to 2 year B.Ed program offered at various PSCs (Program Study Center) of IGNOU across the country. IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Exam aims to test the teaching aptitude and knowledge of the prospective candidates.
- Admission to IGNOU B.Ed course is provided every year in both January and July Session.
- Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of score obtained in the entrance test as well as producing the proof of their eligibility along with original documents before the last date of Entrance Cum Application Form submission.
- The application fee for the B.Ed entrance test is INR 1000/-.
The B.Ed course offered by IGNOU is aimed to train, enhance skills and inculcate teaching pedagogy among the in-service teachers across the country using self-instructional teaching materials and informational technology.
To appear for the IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Test, candidates need to submit a duly filled-in application form with attested copy of documents before the stipulated deadline. The application form will be available online on the official website of the University as well as at the Regional Centers.
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Test Pattern
- IGNOU B.Ed 2018 entrance test is conducted in pen and paper (offline) based mode.
- Entrance consists of two parts A and B. Part A is compulsory for everyone while Part B is to check subject competency.
- The total number of questions in the exam is 100 and one mark will be awarded for every correct response.
- Duration of IGNOU B.Ed Entrance test is 2 hours and the questions will be printed in English and in Hindi.
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Exam Highlights
Candidates can check the important highlights for the IGNOU 2018 B.Ed entrance test for July Session admission is tabulated below:
|Date of Exam||August 2018 (Tentative)|
|Total No. of Seats||50 per PSC|
|Mode of Exam||Offline (Pen and Paper Mode)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Hindi|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours|
|Type and Number of Questions||100 Objective type MCQs|
|No. of Sections in Question Paper||2 (Part A and B)|
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance 2018 Exam Dates
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance exam is tentatively scheduled for the month of August. Candidates can check the expected schedule for IGNOU B.Ed Entrance 2018 in the table below.
|Last date of Submission of Application form||February to March 2018|
|Submission of Application form with Late Fee of Rs. 500/-||March to April 2018|
|Submission of Application form with Late Fee of Rs. 1000/-||April to May 2018|
|Hall Ticket||July 2018|
|Examination Date||August 2018|
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance 2018 Eligibility
IGNOU will accept the application forms only if candidates manage to satisfy the requisite eligibility criteria prescribed by the University for B.Ed admission. Aspirants can check the eligibility criteria for IGNOU B.Ed entrance admission in detail below.
The eligibility criteria to apply for IGNOU B.Ed Admission is mentioned below:
- At least 50% percent marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s Degree in Sciences/Social Sciences/Commerce/Humanity. Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks or any other qualification equivalent thereto,
Trained in-service teachers in elementary education.
Candidates who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme in direct mode.
- The relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying marks required will be provided to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/PwD candidates as per the norms of Government of India.
- Reservation for Kashmiri Migrants and War Widow candidates will be provided as per the University Rules.
- Master's Degree awarded without a first degree is not accepted for purpose of Academic Studies in IGNOU.
- All the candidates must be aged above 21 years as on the last day of application form submission.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance 2018 Application Form
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Application Form can be filled and submitted in both online and offline mode. The steps to fill IGNOU B.Ed Entrance 2018 Application Form in both online and offline are mentioned below:
Steps to fill the application form (offline)
- Obtain IGNOU B.Ed application form from Regional Center of the University, or download it from the website.
- Fill the application form with blue/black ball point pen, mentioning all the required details.
- Affix a passport size photograph in the pace provided.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 1000/- through a Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favor of IGNOU payable at Regional Center.
- Send the filled-in application form at the concerned Regional Centre through registered post or speed post.
Steps to fill the application form (online)
- Visit the official website of IGNOU.
- Click on the B.Ed Application Form link and register on the website.
- Login details will be provided to the candidate though SMS/email. Use these details to login on the website.
- Fill in the online application form.
- Upload required documents and photograph.
- Place scanned signature in the space provided.
- Submit application and pay fees through Credit card/Debit card or Net banking methods on the website.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance 2018 Application Fee
All the aspiring candidates have to pay an application fee of INR 1000/-. The fee can be remitted through demand draft drawn in favour of IGNOU, payable at city where the Regional Center is located or through anyone of the online methods (via Credit/Debit cards or Net Banking) available on the website.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance 2018 Admit Card
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Admit Card will be sent to applicants at least two weeks before the commencement of the examination. The admit cards are also available on the official website of IGNOU at www.ignou.ac.in. Candidates who fail to receive admit card from the University within one week before the date of examination can download it from the official website.
Steps to download admit card/hall ticket
University issues admit card to students at least two weeks before the examination. If a candidate fails to receive the admit card from the university, the same can be downloaded from the official website of the University.
Here are the steps to download the IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Admit Card:
- Visit to the official website of the University.
- Click on the link- Hall Ticket for B.Ed Entrance Exam 2018.
- A window (as shown below) will appear on the screen.
Now follow either of the given methods:
- Enter Name as filled in the application form.
- Search Name and Enrolment Number from the result that appears on the screen.
- Click on Enrolment Number and print the admit card.
- Affix photograph on the admit card.
- Get the photograph attested from a Gazetted Officer.
- Carry the admit card to test centre on the exam day.
- Enter the 9 digit Enrolment Number.
- Admit card will appear on the screen.
- Save and print the admit card.
- Affix photograph on the admit card.
- Get the photograph attested from a Gazetted Officer
- Carry the admit card to test centre on the exam day.
It is mandatory for candidates to carry their admit cards and other relevant documents, such as a valid photo-id proof to the examination centre on the day of exam. The admit card is issued only for the successful applicants.
Candidates must go through the instructions printed on back of admit card thoroughly. Please note that the photograph to be affixed on the admit card should be duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Exam Pattern
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Test is a pen and paper based exam. All the questions will be in multiple choice questions format and candidates need to select only one correct answer, unless otherwise directed.
- Duration for the paper is 2 hours.
- Each question will carry 1 mark. No provision of negative marking in the exam.
- Candidates have to indicate their answers only on the OMR sheet using black/blue ball point pen only.
- As for the sections in the question paper, the paper will be divided into 2 sections- A and B.
- Section A is further divided into 4 sub-sections comprising:
- General English Comprehension
- Logical and Analytical Reasoning
- Educational and General Awareness
- Teaching-Learning & the School
- Section B is concerned with the Subject Competency of candidate.
- Subjects included are divided into Science, Mathematics, Social Science, English and Hindi.
- Subject Competence will be based on the curriculum of IX/X classes prescribed by the NCERT/CBSE.
Note that candidates will be required to answer any one subject in this section only.
IGNOU B.Ed Entrance Exam Pattern Highlights Table
The below table describes the exam pattern in more detail:
|Sections||Subject||Number of Questions||Marks allotted|
|A||General English Comprehension||10||10|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||20||20|
|Educational and General Awareness||25||25|
|Teaching-Learning & the School||25||25|
|B||Subject Competence (any one of the given subjects)|
Please note that the number of questions in each section is indicative of general scope and design of the question paper. The actual question paper may vary in its contents, distribution and level of difficulty.
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Syllabus
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Syllabus is designed to test the teaching aptitude of the candidate. Syllabus for Section B is based on the curriculum prescribed by CBSE for Class 9th and 10th. The detailed syllabus for IGNOU B.Ed 2018 entrance exam is mentioned below:
1. English Comprehension
- Reading comprehension
- Antonyms/ Synonyms
- Idioms & Phrase
- Basic grammar
2. Logical & Analytical and Reasoning
- Number Series
- Alphanumeric Series
- Coding - decoding
- Blood relation
- Logical reasoning (Syllogism, question based on statement)
- None verbal
3. Educational & General Awareness
- Political science
- Social science/ Current affairs
4. Teaching-Learning & the School
- Aptitude and Development of Student
- Child Centered and Progressive Education
- Development Teacher Education India
- Experiments Related to School & New Findings Activities
- Fundamentals and Principle of Education
- Inclusive Education
- Learning and Pedagogy
- Responsibility towards Societies
- Teaching Ability
Subject awareness section will consist of 20 questions. Candidates are expected to choose and answer the section on the basis of their education background in XII standard.
Subject options and their respective syllabus will be as follows.
- Science: In this subject, questions will be related to Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
- Mathematics: The topics in Mathematics related to Arithmetics, Number system, simplification, Algebra, Trigonometry, Geometry.
- Social Studies: In Social Studies, topics such as History, Geography, Political Science, Social Science, Current affairs, etc. are mostly asked in the exam.
- English/Hindi: The questions in both these subjects are related to Grammar, Reading Ability, Word Usage, etc.
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Result
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Entrance Result will be declared in the month of September, 2018. It will be available on the official website of the University.
Steps to download the result/rank card are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of IGNOU.
- In the Examination tab, find results.
- Click on B.Ed 2018 June Results.
- A page for entering information for viewing results will appear.
- Choose program B.Ed and enter the 9 digit Enrolment Number.
- Result cum Score Card will appear.
- Take a printout for future reference.
The rank card will provide candidates access to their performance in the test. It will declare the rank and percentage of the candidate in the test.
IGNOU B.Ed 2018 Counselling
The counselling process for IGNOU B.Ed Admission would be conducted at various Regional Centers located across different cities.
- Candidates will be shortlisted to appear for the counselling session purely on the basis of merit in the IGNOU B.Ed 2018 entrance exam.
- The counselling sessions will be organised at the concerned Regional Centers, depending on the option provided by the student while filling the entrance cum application form.
- In case of vacant seat left after the first round of seat allocation, further counselling rounds would be conducted at the relevant centres.
- Please note that self-attested copies of following documents should be submitted at the time of counselling. Candidates must also carry all the documents in original as well for verification purposes.
List of Documents Required for Counselling
Below is the list of documents required at the time of counselling:
- High and Sr. Secondary School Certificate / Higher Secondary along with mark sheet.
- Original Call Later / Hall Ticket
- Degree and mark sheet of post-graduation / graduation and also professional qualification (diploma / degree).
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Employment certificate in original
- Affidavit by Parents/Student/Guardian.
- 2 passport size photographs
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College