Table of Contents
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Dates, Pattern
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 is conducted by Indira Gandhi National Open University for the students seeking admission to 3 year Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing course. The exam will be conducted in the month of August in offline mode.
- IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Application form will be available online till the last week of July.
- IGNOU OPENNET entrance test is comprised of 120 multiple choice questions bearing one mark each.
- Students are provided OMR sheet for marking their responses. Time duration to complete the test is 2 hours and 30 minutes. CheckIGNOU OPENNET Exam Pattern
- The questions are asked from the various subjects like Reasoning Aptitude, General Knowledge, Mathematics, General English and Science.
- For appearing in the exam, students are advised to download IGNOU OPENNET 2020 admit card from the university official website. Admit card contains the details like exam venue, date and examination timing. Students must bring the admit card along with the other documents at the time of admission.
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Highlights
The following table shows important information regarding IGNOU OPENNET 2020:
|Date of IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Exam||3rd week of August 2020|
|Conducting Body||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline via OMR sheet|
|Medium of Exam||English Only|
|Duration of Exam||2 Hours 30 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 Multiple Choice Questions|
|Section||5 (Reasoning Aptitude, General Knowledge, Mathematics, General English and Science)|
|Courses Offered||Post Basic B.Sc Nursing|
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Exam Dates
Before appearing in the exam, students must check the examination dates so that they can prepare for the exam accordingly. The following table shows the IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Exam dates:
|Last date for the submission of Application Form||July 2020|
|Availability of Admit card||August 2020|
|Date for OPENNET 2020 entrance exam||August 2020|
|Declaration of Result||October/ November 2020|
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Eligibility
Students must check the following IGNOU OPENNET 2020 eligibility criteria before appearing in the exam:
- In-Service Nurses i.e. Registered Nurses and Registered Midwives must have cleared 10+2 with three years diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery with a minimum of two years of experience in the profession.
- For male nurses who have not done midwifery in GNM programme, must have certificate in any nursing course of 6 to 9 months duration prescribed by Indian National Council In lieu of Midwifery.
- In-Service nurses have cleared 10th class or its equivalent with three years diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery with having five years of experience in the profession.
- For male nurses who have not done Midwifery in GNM programme, should have a certificate in the nursing course of 6 to 9 months duration prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery.
- There is no age limit for Post Basic B.Sc Nursing entrance test as per university rules and regulations
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Application Form
By following the below steps students can register for IGNOU OPENNET 2020:
Step 1: The application form can be downloaded from the IGNOU official website i.e. “www.ignou.ac.in” or can obtain from Regional Centre IGNOU Directly or by post
Step 2: Students have to send the Demand Draft of amount INR 1050/- along with the application form.
Step 3: Candidates must ensure that they fill the RC code/ PSC code in their entrance test forms of only those regional centres where PSCs for Post Basic Nursing are activated.
Step 4: Application should be submitted at the concerned regional centre only where Post Basic B.Sc Nursing is located
Step 5: Applicants have to fill the details in the application form such as Name, Age and Education qualification.
Step 6: If the students fill the application form through online mode, then they have to submit application fees of amount INR 1000/- via credit card, debit card or net banking
Step 7: Students are advised to submit the offline application form at the following address:
Indira Gandhi National Open University
New Delhi – 110068
Students must upload the following list of documents while filling the online application form:
- Candidates scanned photograph
- Scanned signature
- Scanned copy of Age proof
- Scanned copy of education relevant qualification certificates
- Scanned copy of Experience certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of category certificate (if applicable)
- Scanned copy of BPL certificate (if any)
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Admit Card
Admit card is a very important document for the candidates who are appearing in the OPENNET 2020. Without the admit card students are not allowed to appear in the exam. Admit card contains the information related to student’s name, roll number, registration number, examination name, time, date and venue etc.
Students can easily download the admit card through online mode only. It can be downloaded by visiting the university official website. It will not be sent through post or courier. Candidates are advised to bring the admit card at the time of counselling. IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Admit card will be available in the month of October.
By following the below steps students can download the Admit card:
- Visit the official website of IGNOU
- On the website menu bar, click on the Results tab
- Further click on the Hall Ticket/ Admit card option
- Click on the desired course download Admit card link
- Students will be redirected to another page
- Now enter the details like Enrolment Number and select the programme
- Click on the Submit button
After clicking on the button, the admit card will be displayed on the screen. Students are advised to download and take the printout of the card for their future use.
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Exam Centres
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 examination is conducted in 67 cities across India. Students can fill the name of the examination centre as per their choices while filling the application form.
The following table shows the Locations of all the 67 exam centres:
|Tirupati||South Extn. Delhi||Dharamshala||Nagpur||Ludhiana|
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Exam Pattern
Students are advised to solve the previous year question papers so that they will have an idea about the examination pattern. After knowing the IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Exam Pattern students can prepare for the exam in a better way. Following is the examination pattern of IGNOU OPENNET 2020:
- The examination is comprised of 120 multiple choice questions
- For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded
- Time duration to complete the exam is 2 hours 30 minutes
- The questions are asked from the subjects like Reasoning Aptitude, General Knowledge, Mathematics, General English and Science
- Candidates will be provided OMR sheet for marking their responses
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Syllabus
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 syllabus is based on the General Nursing Midwifery syllabus prescribed by the Indian Nursing Council. The following table shows the subjects to study for IGNOU OPENNET 2020:
|Biological Sciences||Anatomy and Physiology|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||Fundamentals of Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing - I||Community Health Nursing|
|Health Education and Communication Skills|
|Medical Surgical Nursing I||Medical Surgical Nursing|
|Medical Surgical Nursing II||Communicable Diseases|
|Ear, Nose and Throat|
|Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing||Community Health Nursing|
|Midwifery and Gynaecological Nursing|
|Community Health Nursing II|
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Preparation Books
The following table shows IGNOU OPENNET 2020 preparation books names along with the author names:
|Book Name||Author Name|
|Staff Nurse ANM/ GNM||Vikas Doon|
|Fundamentals of Nursing||Poonam Sharma|
|Nursing Art Procedure Vol. I||Sr. Nancy|
|Senior Nursing Procedure Vol. II||Sr. Nancy|
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Result
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Result will be published on the university official website. Students can check the result through online mode only. The result will be declared in the month of October/ November 2020. According to the students result the merit list will be prepared. On the basis of student’s marks, they will be ranked in the merit list. By following below steps candidates can check their entrance exam OPENNET 2020 Result:
- Visit the official website of IGNOU.
- On the website homepage, click on the Results tab.
- Students will be redirected to another page.
- Click on the desired link named as “Result for OPENNET”
- Enter the personal details like Enrolment Number
- Click on the Submit button
After clicking on the button, the result will be displayed on the screen. Students are advised to download and take a printout of the result for their future reference.
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Cut off
After the declaration of the result, the cut off marks will be declared. On the basis of the cut off marks students can estimate whether they qualify the exam or not. Cut off marks are the minimum marks secured by the candidate in order to qualify the exam.
Based on the following factors IGNOU OPENNET 2020 cut off will be decided:
- Total numbers of candidates appear for the exam
- Difficulty level of the paper
- No. of candidates passed the exam
- Previous year cut off marks
IGNOU OPENNET 2020 Counselling
All the students whose names are present in the merit list will be called for counselling. Students have to bring all the documents for verification in original format. Counselling will be done at the respective IGNOU Regional centre as per the regional wise merit list.
Following is the list of the documents that students must bring for verification at the time of counselling:
- Original Admit card for entrance test.
- 10th class pass certificate.
- Date of Birth certificate.
- Valid RNRM registration certificate.
- Experience certificate (on letter head of the competent authority with full name, date and signature with stamp). Experience will be counted after RNRM registration till the last date of receipt of application form.
- GNM Mark sheet (including all year mark sheets).
- NOC from the organization, clearly indicating that you are presently working.
- Category certificate indicating reservation status for SC/ ST/ Non-creamy layer of OBC/ PH/ Kashmiri Migrants/ War Widow Etc.
- Income certificate in case of Non-creamy layer of OBC.
- Two passport size photographs.
- Demand Draft of INR 15000/- towards first year admission fees in favour of IGNOU payable at concerned regional centre.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College