Table of Contents
IIIT Hyderabad PGEE 2020 Application Form, Eligibility, Syllabus and Cut off
IIITH PGEE is a national level exam conducted by IIIT Hyderabad. It is conducted for admission into Postgraduate and Research programs like M.Tech, M.S., Ph.D. IIIT Hyderabad Application forms are already out and the last date to apply is March 31, 2020. Candidates have to pay INR 2000 as Application fee, which is non-refundable.
IIIT Hyderabad has also listed out the eligibility for various disciplines. Candidates must check IIIT PGEE 2020 eligibility criteria, before filling the application form. IIIT PGEE 2020 will be conducted in online mode and is divided into 2 papers : Paper I consisting of General Aptitude questions and Paper II will consist subjective questions. Candidates shortlised from this exam will also have to appear for an interview. Final selection will solely be based on the interview performance. Check IIIT PGEE Exam Pattern
IITH PGEE 2020: Highlights
|Exam Name||IITH PGEE|
|Conducting Authority||IIIT Hyderabad|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee||INR 2000|
|Courses offered||M.Tech., M.S., Ph.D|
IIITH PGEE 2020: Exam Dates
Candidates can check the tentative schedule of the exam tabulated below:
|Commencement of IIITH PGEE 2020 Application Process||February 12, 2020|
|Last date of submission of IIITH PGEE 2020 Application Form||March 31, 2020|
|Download of Admit Card||April 13, 2020|
|IIITH PGEE 2020 Exam Date||April 26, 2020|
|IIITH PGEE Result 2020||May 2020|
|IIIT PGEE 2020 Interview Schedule||Second week of June 2020|
|IIITH PGEE Counselling 2020||June 2020|
IIITH PGEE 2020: Eligibility
The candidates must check the IIITH PGEE 2020 Eligibility carefully before beginning the IIITH PGEE 2020 Application Process. The IIITH PGEE 2020 offers admissions to the candidates in various postgraduate programmes. The IIITH PGEE 2020 Eligibility includes the minimum age requirement and the minimum marks required to qualify for the exam. The table below shows the eligibility for IIIT PGEE 2020 for varied courses offered.
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M Tech all branches, M.Sc, MCA|
|Computer Science and Information Security (CSIS)||B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M Tech all branches, M.Sc, MCA|
|Computer Aided Structural Engineering (CASE)||BE/B.Tech in Civil Engineering|
|M.S. or Ph.D.|
|Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)||B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M Tech all branches, M.Sc, MCA|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE)||B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M Tech all branches, M.Sc, MCA|
|Civil Engineering||BE/B.Tech in Civil Engineering|
|BioInformatics (Bio)||M.Sc in fundamental sciences, M.E/M Tech/B.E/B.Tech in CS/IT/Biotech/BioInformatics/BioMed, MCA|
|IT in Building Science (ITBS)||B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech all branches,B.Arch/M.Arch, MCA|
|Computational Linguistics (CL)||B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.Tech all branches, M.Sc, MCA|
|Computational Natural Sciences (CNS)||M.Sc in fundamental sciences, M.E/M Tech/B.E/B Tech in CS/IT/Biotech/BioInformatics/BioMed, MCA|
|Spatial Informatics (SI)||M.E/M.Tech/M Sc all branches, MA in Social Sciences, MCA|
IIITH PGEE 2020: Application Process
The IIITH PGEE 2020 Application Process has commenced and last date to apply is March 31, 2020. IIITH PGEE 2020 Application Process is an online process. Candidates must submit the IIITH PGEE 2020 Application Form by the last date to ensure the candidature.
Candidates are required to fill two 2 Registration Forms namely Pre-Registration Form and Main Registration Form. The candidates have to pay an amount of INR 2000 through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking. The steps followed for the IIITH PGEE 2020 Application Process are given below:
1) Form Filling
2) Uploading the Documents
3) Application Edit
4) Fee Payment
IIITH PGEE 2020: Admit Card
IIITH PGEE 2020 Admit Card will be available to download from the admission portal of IIIT Hyderabad PGEE 2020 from April 13, 2020. Candidate has to download the PDF copy of the admit card and take its printout.
It is mandatory for a candidate to carry the Admit Card to the IIIT PGEE 2020 Exam Center. To download IIIT PGEE 2020 Admit Card a candidate have to follow these steps:
- Open the Admission portal of PGEE 2020.
- Click on the given link ‘To download PGEE 2020 Admit cards click here’.
- Once the candidate clicks on the link, a new window opens.
- Enter the IIIT PGEE 2020 Application number and Identification code.
- Click on the option ‘Download’.
- A PDF file is generated once a candidate clicks on the download button.
- Save the IIIT PGEE 2020 Admit Card and take its printout.
IIITH PGEE 2020: Exam Pattern
IIITH PGEE 2020 will be conducted on April 26, 2020 at the allotted exam center. Candidates can check the exam pattern of IIITH PGEE 2020 before starting their preparation for the IIITH PGEE 2020 examination. It is an online examination of 3-hours duration. There are a total of 2 papers- each of 90 minutes duration.
IIITH PGEE exam pattern comprises of 2 Papers: Paper 1 & Paper 2. The medium of the IIITH PGEE 2020 in the English Language. There is No Negative Marking in the IIITH PGEE 2020 examination. Paper 1 is a general aptitude paper while Paper 2 is a subjective paper. The basic description of the topics or subjects included in both the papers is mentioned below:
1. General Aptitude (Paper 1)
This is a compulsory paper of 90 minutes duration with 45 questions for every candidate. The candidates are awarded 1 mark each for every correct answer. The candidates must obtain a minimum score in this paper to qualify for the subject based paper of IIITH PGEE 2020. The candidates are checked on the following topics in this paper:
- Basic Aptitude
- Logical Reasoning
- Basic Questions on Computers
2. Subject Based (Paper 2)
The candidates who obtain minimum cut off score in paper 1 qualify for paper 2. This paper will be a subjective paper based on the subjects studied by the candidate in the graduation. It is a 90 minutes duration examination with 25 questions. The candidate is rewarded 1 mark for every correct answer. The subjects covered under this paper are mentioned below:
- Computer Science
- Electronics and Communication Engineering- Part A- Electronics and Part B- Signal Processing and Communication. This subject includes both objective and subjective type questions. The candidates are selected for the interview based on the score obtained in both the parts.
- Structural Engineering
- PGEE for Center of Computational Natural Sciences and Bioinformatics, Hyderabad (CCNSB) - It is an objective type paper. The candidates may attempt any one section out of the Major Part or Minor Part. The sections included in the paper are Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and Bioinformatics.
- Computational Linguistics
IIITH PGEE 2020: Result
The candidates can check the IIITH PGEE Result on the official website of IIITH. The IIITH PGEE 2020 Result will be declared tentatively in May 2020. The candidates must secure the Registration ID and Identification Code generated during the IIITH PGEE application process. The steps which are followed to check the IIITH PGEE 2020 Result are as follows:
- Open the official website of IIIT, Hyderabad
- Click on the tab ‘IIITH PGEE Result 2020’
- Enter the Application Number and Identification Code in the provided blank fields.
- Click on ‘Next’ after verifying the details carefully.
- The IIITH PGEE 2020 Result is displayed on the screen.
- Print the same for future reference.
IIITH PGEE 2020: Counselling
The IIITH PGEE 2020 Counselling will be held tentatively from June 2020 onwards. The details related to the IIITH PGEE 2020 Counselling is mentioned below:
- The candidate is required to log in and download the IIITH PGEE 2020 Counselling Call Letter. The candidates who secure the minimum qualifying marks will receive the IIITH PGEE 2020 Counselling Call Letter.
- The IIITH PGEE 2020 Counselling Call Letter contains the schedule for the interview and admissions.
- The candidates are required to carry all the documents in original and a set of copies of the same for IIITH PGEE 2020 Counselling.
- The candidates who qualify the interview and the document verification process are eligible for the admissions.
- The candidates receive a seat allotment letter if they are eligible for the admissions.
- The candidates who are interested in taking admissions may accept the letter and pay the related fee to confirm the admissions.
- The GATE 2020 qualifying candidates may be given scholarship as per the guidelines.
- The candidates claiming a seat in IIIT, Hyderabad must report to the institute on the specified date for commencement of classes.
IIITH PGEE 2020: Reference Books
The table below mentions the books that you can refer for Computational Linguistics:
|Name of The Book||Author|
|An intro to Language and Communication||Robert M Harnish, Ann K Farmer, Richard A DeMers, Adrian Akmajian, Akmajian, Harnish DeMers Farmer|
|Natural Language Processing||Sangal Rajeev, Bharati Akshar, Chaitanya Vineet|
IIIT PGEE 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the model of IIIT PGEE 2020?
Ans. IIIT PGEE 2020 is divided into 2 papers :
|General Aptitude||90 mins||Objective Type Paper|
Ques. Where can I get the IIIT PGEE Application Form?
Ans. Candidates have to apply on the PG Admission portal of IIIT Hyderabad official website. The entire application process willbe carried out online.
Ques. How can I know that my application form has been received by the insitute?
Ans. Once the application form is submitted, you will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 hours. That mail will also include your application number and other details. Keep that mail and details safe for future reference.
Ques. I have lost my application number. Whom should I contact for the same?
Ans. In case you have paid the application fee, write to email@example.com mentioning your first name, last name, date of birth, program applied, postal address. The authority will send you the application number from records.
Incase the application fee is not paid, it may be easier to apply again using the portal. Use the new application number for all communications.
Ques. I want to apply for part-time courses. Is the entrance exam same for part-time programmes and full time programmes?
Ans. Entrance exam will be same for part time and full time courses. However your interest and experience will matter at the time of interview.
Ques. Is there any time limit to complete part-time MTech under IIIT Hyderabad?
Ans. Candidates have to complete minimum 6 semesters and maximum 10 semesters, in part time M.Teh program of IIIT Hyderabad.
Ques. Does IIIT Hyderabad also provide any hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, IIIT Hyderabad provides hostel facility to the students. The full time courses are compulsorily residential. Whereas for research programmes like MS/PhD, hostel facility could be waved by the Dean based on each students case.
Ques. Is there any age limit to take admission in PG Programme at IIIT Hyderabad?
Ans. There is no age limit to take admission in PG programmes at IIIT Hyderabad.
Ques. I have done diploma course of 3 years before my graduation. Where do I need to enter my diploma course details?
Ans. In case the diploma is done before graduation, you have to enter the doploma score/percentage in class 12 details section.
Ques. Is there any financial support provided by IIIT Hyderabad for PG programmes?
Ans. Teaching and research assistantships are provided to the students of research program. It amy not be available fot M.Tech program students. Full support is provided to students for their research work.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College