Indian Bank PO 2019: Dates, Eligibility, Application Form, Pattern & Syllabus
Indian Bank PO is a national level recruitment exam conducted by the Indian Bank annually. It is a gateway for recruiting aspirants into the Probationary Officer post offered by the branches of the bank. Selected candidates must undergo a 1 year PGDBF course at Indian Bank, Manipal School of Banking before they are recruited as Probationary Officers (POs).
Indian Bank PO 2019 notification and vacancies will be published soon on the official website i.e. indianbank.in. Individuals should have a graduation degree with 60% marks (55% for reserved category) in any stream from a recognized institute/ university to fulfill the minimum eligibility norms of the recruitment test.
Indian Bank PO 2019 will be held in 3 stages- Prelims, Mains and Personal Interview. The preliminary exam will be held in the 4th week of January 2019 in a single session. The application process for Indian Bank PO 2019 will begin from December 2018. Pre-exam training will also be offered for the 1st stage of the exam.
The details about the admission process and other updates of Indian Bank PO are mentioned in this article
Indian Bank PO 2019 Highlights
|Exam Name||Indian Bank PO (Probationary Officer) 2019|
|Conducting Body||Indian Bank|
|Exam Type||National Level Examination|
|Exam Date||Prelim: 4th week of January 2019 Main: 4th week of February 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||Must have a graduation degree with minimum 60% marks|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Exam Mode||Computer based test (Online)|
|Number of vacancies||Will be updated soo|
Indian Bank PO 2019 Exam Dates
The tentative schedule proposed for Indian Bank PO 2019 is given below. The important dates regarding recruitment process will be available on the official website of the bank and will be updated here soon
|Indian Bank PO 2019 Official Notification||January 2019|
|Availability of Indian Bank PO 2019 Application Form||January 2019|
|Conduct of Pre-exam Training||3rd week of January 2019|
|Indian Bank PO Admit card/ Call Letter for Prelims will be available from||3rd week of January 2019|
|Indian Bank PO 2019 Prelim Exam date||4th week of January 2019|
|Prelim Result will be declared within||7 days of exam|
|Indian Bank 2019 Main Exam date||4th week of February 2019|
Indian Bank PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criterion for Indian Bank PO 2019 is as set up by the conducting body. Participants should make sure that they fulfill the minimum eligibility norms for the recruitment test before applying for it. The eligibility criteria for the test are given as follows-
Individuals belonging to any of the following nationalities can apply for the Indian Bank PO 2019 exam:
- Indian national
- A resident of Bhutan or Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee, who has moved to India intending to stay here permanently
- People of Indian origin who have migrated from Myanmar, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and East African countries intending to settle permanently in India
- The lower age limit is set at 20 years of age and the upper age limit prescribed for the test is 28 years for the General category as on July 1, 2018.
- Age relaxation will be applicable for reserved categories as per government norms and is given in the table below
|Category||Upper age relaxation|
|SC/ ST||5 years|
|PwD||10 years (additional if from reserved category|
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university/ institution or any equivalent qualification as recognized by the Central government.
- Those appearing for the final exam of the qualifying degree are also eligible provided they can submit requisite documents during the final recruitment round
Indian Bank PO 2019 Application Form
Indian Bank PO 2019 Application Forms can be submitted by individuals interested to pursue the various posts through the online mode only. Indian Bank PO 2019 Application process will likely begin from the month of December 2017. Test takers have to provide basic details like personal information and academic qualifications in the application form. Indian Bank PO 2019 online registration and application process consists of 3 steps which are given below:
- Registration by filling basic information to create user’s login account.
- Fill Indian Bank PO 2019 Application form and upload required documents.
- Payment of application fee via online mode
How to fill Indian Bank PO 2019 Application Form Online?
Aspirants can follow the steps give below to apply online for the national bank recruitment exam:
Step 1: Registration
- Go to the official website of Indian Bank i.e. indianbank.in
- Click on ‘PGDBF Program 2019-19’ under the Career tab. Select the option of ‘Apply Online for PO- Onboarding’ to start the registration process.
- Applicants must fill in their basic details like their name, mobile number, and email ID. Carefully go through these details and click on ‘Register’.
- On successful registration, they will see a provisional Registration Number and Password. These credentials will also be sent via email and SMS to the registered mobile number and email ID of candidates
Step 2: Filling of Application Form
- Participants must use the system generated Registration Number and Password to login to their user accounts.
- They will be required to enter their personal, communication and educational details.
- Aspirants will then have to upload scanned images of their recent passport- size photograph and signature as per the guidelines specified in the form.
- After all the necessary fields have been duly filled, individuals can see the preview of their application form. Check all the details, edit the errors and click on ‘Save & Next’
Step 3: Fee Payment
- The next step is to pay Indian Bank PO 2019 application fee.
- Fees can be rendered only through the online mode.
- Applicants should take a print out the copy of e-receipt of transaction and preserve it.
- Upon completion of all the above steps, candidates should take a print out of the confirmation page of the application form for referenc
Individuals must pay the application fees for Indian Bank PO 2019. The fee amount will depend on the students’ categories. It can be rendered by the online mode only. For paying the fees via online mode, you can use the following:
- Net Banking, or Debit/ Credit Card.
- Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallet
Indian Bank PO 2019 Application fees for various categories are:
|SC/ ST/ PwD||INR 10|
Pre- Exam Training
Pre-Examination Training will be organized by the Indian Bank for the participants belonging to SC/ ST/ PwD and other minority communities at various centers. All eligible individuals who opt for and wish to avail of Pre-Examination Training should mention the same in the application form. Training will be imparted free of cost but applicants must arrange the travel, stay, food, etc. expenses by themselves
Indian Bank PO 2019 Admit Card
Indian Bank PO 2019 admit card will be available 2 weeks prior to the exam. These call letters should be downloaded within the stipulated time period. Candidates will be notified about the availability of the call letters via email and SMS. Every applicant must have a copy of the call letter so as to be able to appear for the recruitment exam. Steps to download Indian Bank PO 2019 Admit Card are given below:
- Log on to the official website of Indian Bank and select the link of ‘Download Indian Bank PO 2019 Call Letter’.
- Enter the Registration Number, Password/ Date of Birth and security code and click on ‘Submit’.
- PO admit card will appear on the screen.
- Download it and take 2 print outs of it
Indian Bank PO 2019 will be conducted in various cities across all states of India. Candidates will have to select their preferred exam center in the application form. The final exam center allotted to the individual will be specified in the call letter
Indian Bank PO 2019 Exam Pattern
Indian Bank PO 2019 will be conducted in 3 stages- Prelims, Main and Interview. Here are some highlights about the exam pattern:
- Indian Bank PO 2019 Prelim exam will be an online test.
- The test will have 100 objective type questions which have to be solved within 1 hour.
- The question paper will be divided into 3 sections- English language, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- Indian Bank PO 2019 Main exam will also be an online test comprising 200 objective question.
- This online test will have 5 sections- English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and Computer Knowledge.
- Students who qualify the online test of Main stage will have to appear for a descriptive test (Letter writing & Essay).
- Both tiers of the exam will be available in English and Hindi
|Mode of Examination||Online (Descriptive Test of Main will be offline)|
|Stages of exam||3 (Prelims, Main and Interview)|
|Type of Questions||Objective (except descriptive paper of Main)|
|Total questions||Prelims: 100 Main: 200|
|Duration||Prelims: 1 hour Main: 2 hours (additional 30 minutes for descriptive test|
Indian Bank PO 2019 Syllabus
The syllabus for Indian Bank PO 2019 will cover a multitude of topics. The important topics for the exam are given below
Input – Output
Order and ranking
Time & Work,
Profit & Loss
Simple and Compound Interest
Ratio & Proportion
Current Affairs and Banking Awareness topics
Fundamentals of Computer
MS Office – Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Access
Indian Bank PO 2019 Result
Indian Bank PO 2019 Result for the Prelims will be declared within 7 days of conducting the exam. The results will be announced on the official Indian Bank website in the form of score cards. The score card will have the scores obtained in the different sections as well as the total normalized score. The results of the Indian Bank PO 2019 for all stages can be checked by following these few steps:
- Log on to the official Indian Bank website.
- Click on the link of ‘Indian Bank PO 2019 Result’.
- Applicants will have to enter their Registration/ Roll Number to view their result.
- The score card will appear. Download it and take a print out of it.
The final merit list for selection will be drawn out by using scores obtained in all 3 stages. The weightage allotted to Prelim & Main (taken together) and the interview will be 80:20 respectively. Candidates should qualify both tests, the interview and have a high rank in the merit list to be selected
Indian Bank PO 2019 Selection Process
Indian Bank PO 2019 is a 3 tier exam. Individuals will have to go through the prelims, mains and interview round in order to get recruited. These processes are explained in brief below:
- Prelims exam: This is the first stage of the Bank PO examination. Applicants will have to appear for a computer based, objective type test held in a single session. Those who clear the sectional and overall cut off will be selected for the next tier.
- Mains exam: In this stage, candidates will have to appear for an online, objective test. Those who qualify this test will have to write a descriptive paper wherein they must write a letter and an essay. Selected applicants will advance to the interview round.
- Interview: This is the final stage of the exam wherein applicants have to appear before a panel and answer questions about themselves and on various topics related to banking. This round will be marked out of 100.
- Participants who secure a good rank in the final merit list after considering their performance in each stage will be admitted for the PGDBF course. After completing this course, they will be recruited as PO in the branches of Indian Bank
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College