IOCL regularly releases notification informing candidates about the current job openings. The candidates willing to apply for the post are required to go through the criteria given by the IOCL. Selection of candidates is based on written test conducted by India Oil. Based on their performance in the written test, they are further called for group discussion/ group task and interview.
IOCL 2018 Latest Updates
IOCL inducts officers at the junior-most level of the management hierarchy (A Grade). First division professional degree holders and post-graduates from relevant disciplines are recruited as management / engineer trainees, accounts officers, medical officers, law officers, systems officers, scientists, etc. Candidate must apply online between September 01, 2016 and February 04, 2016 for different posts.
IOCL hires candidates through campus recruitments too. Indian Oil visits the IITs, NITs and other reputed technical institutes of the country for recruiting final year engineering students, and prominent business management institutes for final year MBA students. It also recruits Chartered Accountants from various centers of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
IOCL Recruitment 2018 Vacancies and Posts
Candidates can refer to the below table in order to know about the different vacancies open in IOCL. Each vacancy has a different IOCL Recruitment Eligibility Criteria, salary package and age criteria.
|Post||No. of vacancies||Eligibility Criteria||Salary (approx.)||Age Limit|
|Jr Engineering Assistant-IV (Production)||123||Diploma/ B.Sc./ GATE||INR 11900-32000/ month||18 years- 26 years (as on 31-08-2016)|
|Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (Electrical)||28|
|Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (Mechanical-Pump & Compressors)||16|
|Jr. Engineering Assistant-IV (Instrumentation)||01|
|Trade Apprentice (Refineries Division, Barauni Refinery)||21||3 years Full time B.Sc/ Matric with 2 year ITI (Fitter)/ GATE||INR 7530/month||18 years - 24 years (as on 30-09-2016)|
|Technician Apprentice (Refineries Division, Barauni Refinery)||25|
|Trade Apprentices/ Attendant Operator (Paradip Refinery)||18||B.Sc. (Physics, Maths, Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry)/ Diploma/ GATE||INR 7530/month||18 years - 26 years (as on 30-09-2016)|
|Technician Apprentice (Paradip Refinery)||16|
|Consultants (Geologists, Geophysicist, Reservoir Engineer)||4||Graduate/ Post-Graduate/ GATE||Negotiable||Maximum age should be 65 years as on 30-09-2016.|
|Graduate Engineer||-||Graduation/ GATE||INR 24,000/ month||Maximum age should be 26 years as on 30-06-2018|
IOCL Recruitment 2018 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria varies from post to post in IOCL Recruitment. Candidates can check the following following eligibility for mentioned posts which are given below:
Jr. Engineer Assistant – Candidates should be passed in diploma in the discipline of Electrical/ Mechanical/ Electronics Engineering from a govt. recognized university. They must have obtained 60% of marks in aggregate. Pass class for SC/ ST category applicants.
Trade/ Technician Apprentice – Candidates must have ITI diploma after 10th standard to apply for the mentioned post from a govt. recognized university. Candidates with B.Sc degree can also apply for the same post.
Graduate Engineer – Candidates must have B.E/ B.Tech degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Instrumentation/ Electronics/ Petrochemical Engineering from a AICTE approved university. First class for GEN/ OBC category and Pass class for SC/ ST category applicants in engineering.
The age of candidate should not be less than 18 years and not be more than 30 years. There is a relaxation in age of 5 years for SC/ ST category, 3 years for OBC category and 110 years for PWD category applicants. The age limit will be calculated as on application date.
How to Apply for IOCL Recruitment 2018
The mode of application varies according to the posts the candidate is applying. There are two modes of application process i.e. online mode and offline mode.
The posts for which candidate should apply only through offline mode of application. They must go to the official website and download the application form in the prescribed format. Candidate should fill up the complete details in the application form including personal details, educational qualification, work experience details etc. IOCL application fee can be paid generating by challan and demand draft for the application process. Candidates need to send the application form along with self- attested copies of their documents to the following address. HR Manager, Indian Oil Corporation Limited, New Delhi.
To apply through online mode, candidate should go to teh IOCL official site and click on the careers option. Fill the details asked to apply and upload the scanned copy of photograph and signature. Make the payment as an application fee through netbanking/ debit card and submit the application form.
IOCL 2018 Selection Process
The selection of candidates is based on the written test and personal interview. The qualified candidates in the written test will be called for personal interview. The questions asked in IOCL interview range questions about personal life, educational qualification, work experience, aims & goals etc. The final selection is based on the performance of candidates in both rounds. After that, they will be appointed as a permanent employee of IOCL.
Recruitment of officers in Indian Oil is also done either through campus selection (from short listed campuses) or open selection i.e. by advertising in the leading newspapers including Employment News. Induction is done at the junior most level that is Grade ‘A’ and mid-level inductions are not practiced in the organization. Candidates interested in joining the organization can apply against the advertisement on its website in the prescribed format on fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
Once they get selected through their GATE/ CLAT Score, they will have to undergo a written test after which the shortlisted candidates will be invited for GD/GT/ Interview. Based on the number of vacancies as well as reservations as per Government guidelines, candidates are finally short-listed for the appointment.
IOCL Remuneration Scheme
The IOCL Remuneration scheme includes the below-listed benefits, granted to nearly all the posts, besides their basic pay.
The various allowances/ benefits granted to the IOCL employees include HRA / subsidized housing accommodation (as per availability), Medical Facilities, Productivity/Performance Linked Incentive, Gratuity, Contributory Provident Fund, Employees’ Pension Scheme, Leave Encashment, Leave Travel Concession / LFA, Contributory Superannuation Benefit Fund Scheme, House Building Advance, Conveyance Advance, Children’s Education Allowance etc., as per the company’s rules.
IOCL Recruitment 2016: 60 Vacancies of Jr. Engineer Assistant post at Panipat Refinery. Apply here
How to check IOCL Recruitment Result
IOCL Result would be declared on official website of IOCL. Candidates have to secure minimum cutoff marks to be qualified in the selection process. They can go through following steps to check the result of written test/ personal interview as mentioned below:
- Visit the official website i.e. www.iocl.com
- Click on the career option and find the appropriate link of result of the relevant exam
- Click on the link of shortlisted candidates and a page will appear on the screen.
- Download the pdf and verify your roll number in the pdf.
- The shortlisted candidates should report to the headquarter of IOCL at New Delhi.
IOCL Recruitment through CLAT
IOCL Recruitment often comes out for energetic and dedicated Law Graduates for the recruitment of Law Officers through Common Law Admission Test (CLAT). Candidates must have a minimum of two years work experience in the field of Law, to be able to apply for CLAT Exam.
Short listing of candidates for Personal Interview and further selection process is based on their CLAT score (Post Graduate Admission). Candidates can visit the IOCL Official Website in order to register themselves for the different law posts.
Candidates who get selected as Law Officers (in grade ‘A’) receive a starting Basic Pay of INR 24900/-per month. In addition, Dearness Allowance (DA) and other allowances shall be admissible, according to the rules of the Corporation in force, as amended from time to time.
IOCL Recruitment through CLAT 2018 Apply Now
IOCL Recruitment through GATE
The IOCL Recruitment though GATE often comes out for the posts of Engineers. Where the vacancies come for the different posts, their basic pay is approximately INR 24,000/ month. At present, 2000+ companies offer jobs on the basis of GATE Score. Candidates are shortlisted on the basis of their GATE score and PSUs Cutoff.
Each PSU recruiting through GATE has its own selection process and a set of eligibility criteria. The shortlisted candidates are then called for Group Discussion and PI (Personal Interview) Rounds.
IOCL Guidelines for Medical Examination
The IOCL Medical Examination will be conducted by Corporation’s Medical officer / Authorized Medical Officer / Designated Nominated Hospitals only, who shall be the competent authority to certify a candidate as Medically Fit / Unfit / Temporarily Unfit. However, IOCL reserves the right to re-examine or review a medical report.
- The Photograph of the candidate shall be forwarded to the Medical Department duly attested by the HR department.
- Left Hand fingerprints / impressions: the Examining doctor should get the impressions of all the fingers of the left hand on the space provided for the same and get duly signed by the candidate.
- Where no facilities are available for conducting certain medical examination/tests, the candidate will be referred to competent medical practitioners/specialists /laboratories, which will be at the discretion of the examining medical authority.
- In such cases, Corporation shall reimburse the charges for consultation / tests on production of necessary money receipts duly countersigned by the Corporation’s medical officer.
- Where a candidate is found to be temporarily unfit by reason of short term sickness which is curable within a period of not more than eight weeks, the candidate will be informed by HR department for re-examination on advice from doctor in the prescribed form as given in Pre-Employment Examination Part-IV. The examining doctor, on satisfying himself 2 during re-examination that the short-term disease is cured, will declare the candidate to be medically Fit.
- Case of Pregnancy of 24 weeks or more at the time of medical examination, will be declared Temporarily Unfit until completed six weeks after miscarriage or 3 months after confinement. The candidate will be required to undergo a fresh medical examination of fitness at the end of that period.
- Chest : Minimum in full expiration 79 cm for male, minimum expansion 5 cm (not applicable to female candidates)
- Radiological Examination: Fresh x-ray chest ( PA View) is must for all candidates. Any other Radiological investigations will be conducted, if and when necessary. Reports of all Radiological investigations must be within normal limits.
- Other investigations: Biochemical tests, ECG and other special investigations will be done as per routine and any deviations from the normal limits will be properly investigated before passing the candidate fit.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College