GGSIPU conducts National Level Tests for selected programs such as B.Ed, B.Com, MCA, LLB, LLM, and others. Previously IPU CET exam was held as a Computer Based Test. For the year 2021 IPU CET exam pattern is modified and made standardized for admission to different courses offered by the University. The exact scheme and pattern of the examination can be checked from the official information brochure as soon as it is released.
Table Of Contents
- IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
- National Level Tests Exam Pattern
- IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern For Other Programs
- IPU CET 2021 Syllabus
- IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern Faqs
Candidates can fill up the IPU CET 2021 Application form from March 2021. Those aspiring for any of the selected university programs have to appear for the examination that will be held from the fourth week of May.
For the rest of the programs, IPU CET 2021 will be conducted. The Syllabus for IPU CET 2021 is set by the university (GGSIPU). It describes the marking scheme, mode, total, and sectional marks/ questions, total time, important topics, and others.
IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern Highlights
|IPU CET 2021 Exam Date||To be notified|
|Duration||2:30 hours (150 minutes) for all the CETs|
|Number of Questions||100 Questions for all the CETs|
|Total marks||400 marks|
|Nature of Questions||Objective|
|Marking Scheme||+4 marks for correct response -1 mark deducted for wrong response|
|Exam Mode||Offline (pen and paper-based)|
Courses For Which CET Exam Will Be Conducted
The table tabled below shows the courses for which CET exam will be conducted
|B.Com (Hons)||B.Ed. & B.Ed. (Special Education)|
|B.A. - English Hons./ Economics Hons. / Journalism & Mass Communication||BCA|
|M.Ed.||MCA / MCA (LE)|
|MBA (IT)||B.Tech. (Bio-Tech)|
|B.Sc. Nursing (Post Basic)/ Yoga/ Nursing||BPT/ BPO/ B.Sc.(MLT)/BASLP/BOT(Paramedical)/B.PHARMA|
|M.Sc. (Env. Mgmt./ NRM/ Forensic Science/ Nursing/Yoga/ Medicinal Chemistry & Drug Design/ Bio. & Cons.)||MA - English/ Mass Communication/ Criminology/ Economics|
|MPT/ MOT (Neuro)/ MPO||Lateral Entry to B.Tech. (Diploma and B.Sc. Graduates)|
|M.Tech. (Tool Engineering/ Robotics & Automation/CSE/IS/ Chemical Engg./ECE/ and Advanced Diploma Engg. Physics/ Bio-Tech.)||P.G. Diplomas (Security IT/ Mgt./ Victimology & Victim Assistance / Cyber Crime & Law and Advanced Diploma in Child Guidance & Counselling|
|M.PHIL (English/ Clinical Psychology/ Psychiatric Social Work)|
|Ph.D. (Education/ Electronics & Comm. Engg./ Environmental Sciences/ Mechanical & Automation/ Chemistry/ Management/ Mathematics/ English/ Information Tech., Computer Science & Engg., Computer Applications/ Chemical Technology/ BioTechnology/ Physics/ Law & Legal Studies/ Mass Communication/ Pharmaceutical Chemistry/ Disaster Management)|
IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The programs which are not included in the National Level Tests are included in IPU CET. The exam pattern for these courses is different from that of the national level tests. Following info-graph highlights the key points of IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern
The pattern for the programs accepting National Level Exams such as JEE Main, NEET, and others is different from centralized IPU CET exam.
National Level Tests Exam Pattern
IP University now admits students in selected programs through various National Level Tests instead of IPU CET. Following are the programs and their corresponding National Level Tests:
B.Tech – JEE Main Paper 1
JEE Main Paper 1 is held in online and offline mode. As per JEE Main Brochure, exam pattern of JEE Main Paper 1 is given below:
JEE Main Paper 1 Exam Pattern
- Sections – Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Number of Questions – 90 questions with each section comprising of 30 questions each.
- Nature of Questions – Objective
- Exam Mode – Online and Offline
- Exam Duration – 3 hours | For candidates with 40% disability- 4 hours
- Exam Medium – English and Hindi. For exam centers in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli – Gujrati.
- Marking Scheme – Each question carries 4 marks. For each incorrect answer, -1 mark will be deducted.
Subject-wise distribution of questions with marks is tabulated below:
|Section||Maximum Questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||75 questions||360 marks|
MBA – CAT
CAT is an online test conducted to evaluate the candidates on the basis of Quantitative, Verbal/Reading, Data Interpretation, and Reasoning Skills.
CAT Exam Pattern
- Sections – 3 (Verbal & Reading Comprehension, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Aptitude)
- Number of Questions – 100
- Total Marks – 300
- Duration of Exam – 180 minutes
- Language – English
- Marking Scheme – +3 (correct answer), -1 (incorrect answer)
|Section||Number of MCQ questions||Number of Non-MCQ questions||Total Questions|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension||24||10||34|
|Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||24||8||32|
Law – CLAT
CLAT entrance examination is conducted separately to enroll students to 3 year LLB, 5 year Integrated LLB and LLM programs.
CLAT Exam Pattern
- Duration of exam – 120 minutes
- Type of questions – Objective
- Medium of exam – English
- Marking scheme – +1 mark for correct answer and -0.25 marks for incorrect answer
|Section||Total Questions||Maximum Marks|
|English (including Comprehension)||40||40|
|GK and Current Affairs||50||50|
|Total||200 Questions||200 Marks|
MCA – NIMCET
NIMCET evaluates the candidates on the basis of their mathematical skills, computer awareness, general English and logical reasoning and ability.
NIMCET Exam Pattern
- Duration of Exam – 120 minutes
- Number of Questions – 120
- Type of Questions – Objective
- Total Marks – 480
- Marking Scheme – +4 for correct answer and -1 for incorrect answer
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning||40||160|
Medical – NEET
NEET will be held in offline mode (paper based) only. Candidates must be prepared with 10+2 curriculum including Physics, Chemistry, Zoology and Botany.
NEET Exam Pattern
- Duration of Exam – 180 minutes
- Number of Questions – 180
- Type of Questions – Objective
- Total Marks – 720
- Marking Scheme – + 4 for correct answer, -1 for incorrect answer
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks|
Architecture – NATA
NATA is conducted for the candidates interested in architecture. The exam is conducted in 2 phases – Mathematics & General Aptitude Test and Drawing Test.
NATA Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam – Online
- Duration – 180 minutes
- Type of Questions – Objective
- Total Marks – 200
- Marking Scheme – +2 marks for correct answer, No negative marking
|Part||Subjects||Total Questions||Total Marks||Mode of Exam||Total Time Duration|
|Part I||Mathematics||30||60||MCQ- OMR Based||90 minutes|
|Part I||General Aptitude||30||60||MCQ- OMR Based|
|Part II||DrawingTest||2||80||Paper & Pencil Based||90 minutes|
|-||Total||-||200 marks||-||180 minutes (3 hours)|
IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern for other Programs
The below table represents the section-wise weightage of the selected programs in IPU CET 2021:
|BCA||Mathematics (30%) |
English Language & Comprehension (15%)
General Knowledge- IT and Science Related (25%)
Computer Awareness (30%)
|B.Ed||Mental Ability and Reasoning (40%) |
Aptitude for Teaching (20%)
English Comprehension (15%)
General Awareness (25%)
The Question Paper shall be set both in English and Hindi Language.
|BBA||English Language and Comprehension (25%) |
Logical and Analytical Ability (25%)
General Awareness (25%)
Aptitude relating to the field of Management and Communication Skills (25%)
|B.Com||Logical Reasoning (25%) |
General Awareness (15%)
General English (25%)
Data Interpretation (35%)
|B.Sc Nursing||Chemistry (20%) |
General Awareness about Health-related Matters (10%)
English Language and Comprehension (10%)
|M.Ed||English / Communication skills (30%) |
General Awareness and Logical Reasoning (30%)
Teaching Aptitude (40%)
|B.Tech Biotechnology||Physics (20%) |
IPU CET 2021 Marking Scheme
The test paper contains 100 objective-type questions. Each question is provided with four alternative answers, out of which only one correct or most appropriate answer should be selected and marked on the OMR answer sheet.
- Each question carries four marks.
- There is NEGATIVE MARKING for wrong answer.
- One mark is deducted for each incorrect answer.
- Every correct response will get 4 marks.
- No marks are deducted if a student has not marked any option.
- In case, if a student has marked more than one option, it is treated as an incorrect response. So, one mark will be deducted.
Hence, candidates must be sure about the answers before marking them because it will lead to negative marking in the total evaluation.
Read More IPU CET 2021 Preparation Books for Law
IPU CET 2021 Syllabus
After IPU CET Exam Pattern, comes the syllabus, which is also of utmost importance. Subject-wise syllabus with proper topic understanding makes the student confident before and during the exam if the topics are well revised according to the syllabus.
Note: Difficulty level of the entrance test for all B. Tech programs will be similar to that of 10+2 level.
IPU CET Syllabus 2021 for Professional Courses
The syllabus for some of the most popular courses in IPU is given below for your reference:
|MBA||101||(i) English Language & Comprehension- (30%), (ii) Numerical Ability- (30%), (iii) General Awareness- (10%), (iv) Reasoning ability including data interpretation- (30%)|
|MBA (IT)||116||(i) English Language & Comprehension, (ii) Numerical Ability & Mathematics, (iii) Logical Reasoning & Data interpretation, (iv) Computer Science|
|MCA||105||(i) Mathematics- (25%), (ii) English Language & Comprehension- (25%), (iii) Computer Awareness- (25%), (iv) Logical and Analytical Ability- (25%)|
|MAMC||106||(i) Communication Skills- English (30%), (ii) Current Affairs- (20%), (iii) General Knowledge- (20%), (iv) Mass Media (Print/ TV/ Radio/ Film/ New Media)- (30%)|
|LLM||112||(i) General Knowledge (including English Language)- (20%), (ii) Jurisprudence, Constitutional Law, Law of Torts, Criminal Law, Commercial Law & Family Law- (30%), (iii) Public International Law, Human Rights Law and Environment Law- (30%), (iv) Current Trends in Law- (20%)|
IPU CET 2021 Exam Instructions
Exam Pattern also includes the following points to be considered by the students who are going to appear in the exam:
- Candidates should bring two black ballpoint pens to the Examination hall for marking responses on OMR answer sheets. Use of pencil is not allowed.
- Candidates are not be provided the facility of re-evaluation or reassessment for the concerned exam.
- Candidates should leave Examination Hall only after handing over OMR answer sheet and test booklet to the Invigilator.
- The sheet has 4 circles in front of every question. Candidates need to mark the circle that highlights the circle that they feel is the correct response for that particular answer.
- The Optical Mark Reader (OMR) response sheet should be handled carefully by the candidates. They are advised not to fold the response sheet under any circumstances.
- Candidates are required to darken one circle only for each question. If you darken more than one circle for a question, the response to that question will be invalidated and negative mark will be assigned for that question.
- Do not make any stray marks anywhere on the OMR.
- Candidate shall note that they will not be given a second blank Optical Mark Reader (OMR) response sheet. Hence they are advised to be careful while handling their OMR response sheet.
IPU CET 2021 will be conducted by GGSIPU on various dates as per the course for admission to various undergraduate engineering programmes available at the university and its participating institutes and colleges.
IPU CET 2021 Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques. What is the medium of IPU CET 2021?
Ans. IPU CET is conducted in English for all the courses except B.Ed. The question paper of B.Ed is also available in Hindi.
Ques. Can I Bring a calculator to the exam?
Ans. No, the applicants are not allowed to bring in any electronic devices to the exam center. An on-screen calculator will be provided in the exam.
Ques. What are the names of the sections in IPU CET 2021 question paper?
Ans. IPU CET 2021 is a common test for admission into different courses. The sections in the question paper varies as per the course. English is the only common section in all the question papers.
Ques. What should I do if I wish to change the option I have marked in the OMR Sheet?
Ans. Answers once marked cannot be changed as you are allowed to use only a ball point pen. It is recommended that you mark the option in OMR sheet very carefully. A second OMR sheet will not be issued in case of any mistakes or mishandling.
Ques. What is the weightage of English section in IPU CET 2021?
Ans. The weightage of English Language and comprehension is 25% in the question papers for all the courses.
Ques. What is the marking scheme followed in IPU CET?
Ans. Each question carries 4 marks and 1 mark is deducted for every incorrect answer.
Ques. Are questions on General Knowledge asked in IPU CET?
Ans. Question papers of a few courses like MBA, L.LB, B.Ed, etc. consist of General Knowledge but it is not a compulsory section.
Ques: How many questions will be asked in the IPU CET exam?
Ans: Total of 150 questions will be asked in the IPU CET exam for BTech lateral entry and BTech (Bio-Technology) admission.
Ques: Which types of questions will be asked in the IPU CET exam?
Ans: The questions will be of the objective type that means there will be four options to each question and candidates have to choose and mark the right answer in the OMR sheet.
Ques: What is the maximum marks for which the examination will be conducted?
Ans: The examination will be conducted for a total of 600 marks.
Ques: What is the duration of the examination?
Ans: Candidates will get a total of 2 hours and 30 minutes or 150 minutes to solve the questions
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.