IPU CET 2020 MBA Counselling: Registration, Procedure and Admission
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University has released the schedule for MBA counselling 2020 through national level exams like CAT 2019 scores and CMAT score. GGSIPU conducts online counselling for admission to 28 programs which includes major courses such as MBA, MBBS, BDS, LLM, LLB, B.Tech, B.Com, BHMS and BAMS. Candidates clearing the cutoff will be called to participate in IPU CET 2020 Online Counselling by registering on the official website. Counselling schedule will be released soon after the declaration of IPU CET 2020 result.
The University also conducts three rounds of IPU CET Offline Counselling for admission to its other programs.
- IPU CET 2020 Online Counselling includes steps like Registration, Choice Filling & Locking, Payment of Admission Fees and Seat Allotment.
- Eligible candidates must register online at the official website i.e. ipu.ac.in.
- Candidates are required to pay INR 1000 as counselling fee at the time of registration.
Check Top MBA Colleges Accepting IPU CET MBA Score 2020
IPU CET Online Counselling Courses
Courses for IPU CET 2020 Online Counselling
IPU Online Counselling will be conducted for 28 programs given in the table below. Candidates must carefully check the list of programs mentioned below to apply for IPU Counselling:
|S.No||Abbreviated Name of Programme||CETCode|
|10.||M.Sc. (Forensic Sc.)||119|
|18.||LE BTECH (DIPLOMA)||128|
|22.||MA (HERIT )||141|
|24.||B Com (H)||146|
IPU CET Counselling Schedule
IPU CET 2020 MBA Counselling Schedule
Candidates can check the table below to know the dates for the counselling process.
|Counselling: Round I||Important Dates (Tentative)|
|Registration for IPU CET MBA 2020 Counselling||July 16 – 31 , 2020|
|Verification of Reserved Category Certificates at Designated Centres||July 17 – August 05, 2020|
|Payment of Fees (through online modes)||July 31, 2020|
|Payment of Fees (Bank Challan)||July 31, 2020|
|Choice filling||August 6 – 12, 2020|
|Seat Allotment||To Be Notified|
|Freezing of Allotment||To Be Notified|
|Withdrawal of Admission||To Be Notified|
|Counselling: Round 2 – 2nd week of July 2020|
|Counselling: Round 3 – 3rd week of July 2020|
IPU CET Counselling Procedure
IPU CET 2020 Counselling Procedure
Below is the step-wise procedure to apply for IPU Counseling 2020:
Step 1- Submission of Counselling Fee
Candidates have to submit the fee of INR 1000 to be eligible to participate in the Counselling with respect to respective CET code.
- To submit the application fee, visit the official website of GGSIPU University i.e. ipu.ac.in.
- Click on “Payment of Counselling Participation Fee”.
- Enter the details asked such as the CET code of the applied course, Date of Birth & CET Roll Number.
- Fee can be paid by both offline and offline mode of payment.
- Payment through Challan: Pay the fee in cash at any branch of Indian bank through the challan provided on the official website. One copy of challan will be retained by the bank & another one must be retained by the candidate for future reference.
- Payment through Net Banking: The counselling fees can be paid through credit or debit card or net banking.
- Check the status of the fee payment on the official website: ipuadmissions.nic.in & print the online fee confirmation slip along with the transaction ID.
- Pay the online fee before the due dates to avoid any type of transaction failure & technical faults during the fee submission.
Note: Submission of registration fees is just a part of the counselling process, just payment of this fees does not entitle the candidate to admission.
Step 2- Registration Process
- If the counselling fee is paid through challan then the registration process for such candidates will begin after two working days of fee submission.
- To register, fill CET details of the course & after authentication enter the academic & contact details. Meanwhile, a login ID & password will be sent.
- Change the password if needed & keep it confidential.
- In case of registration failure, visit the helpdesk of the university in person along with challan copy or fee receipt (whatever applicable).
- It is advised to take two printouts of the registration form. One will be required at the time of document verification & another one should be retained by the candidate.
Editing Registration Details: Candidates can amend/edit the registration details filled in the registration form by choosing “Edit Details” option from the menu within the specified period of registration.
Step 3- Choice Filling
- Mark the preference among the Affiliated Colleges of IP University which can be done by making combinations of streams & colleges.
- After marking the choices, seat allocation is carried by the university.
- It is advised to fill maximum choices as possible, as it increases the chances of getting the desired seat in the desired college. Check IPU CET 2020 Cutoff
- Less number of choices can lead to non-allocation of seats for admissions.
- In case, one has not been able to secure admission in the first round of counselling, change in preference in the subsequent rounds of counselling is applicable.
Note: Chances for modification will be offered after completion of the first round of counselling only.
Documents Required for IPU CET Counselling 2020
The documents required at the time of IPU CET Counselling vary for different programs. Candidates have to carry attested copies and original copy as well of the mentioned documents. The documents required for IPU Counselling are mentioned below:
- 10 + 2 Passing Certificate
- Certificate from the Board
- NEET Scorecard
- Migration Certificate
- Reservation Certificate
- Any other Document asked by the University/ College
- Date of Birth Certificate (Class Xth marks sheet)
- IPU CET Admit Card
- Scorecard of CET 2020
- Class XIIth marks sheet
- Reservation Certificate (if applicable)
- Allotment Letter
- Receipt of part payment of a fee
- Character certificate
- Medical fitness certificate (In case of PWD candidates)
- Copy of IPU CET Application Form
- Registration Slip
- Academic Fee Receipt
- IPU CET 2020 Admit Card for Law/MBA(Original)
- Mark sheets and certificate in original for verification purpose
- Character Certificate in original (from the Head of the institution from where the qualifying examination has been passed or from a Gazetted Officer (Original), not more than 6 months old)
- Address proof of candidate’s qualifying examination study center located in Delhi (if passed through distance/ open mode)
Note:One set of photocopies of certificates, attested by gazetted officer or self -attested must be submitted and will be retained by the university. In case, any candidate fails to prove the eligibility for admissions in the program, the candidature will be canceled.
IPU CET 2020 Document Verification for Reserved & Minority Category Candidates:
- If a candidate belongs to these reserved categories namely, SC, ST, DEF, PH, JKM, Sikh, Muslim, Jain minority, defense then it is required to visit IP University campus before the commencement of the counselling.
- OBC candidates, who have registered themselves for counselling, can go for the fixed centers only after completion of round 1 & 2 of counselling.
- Candidates, who fail to visit the center, will not be considered under the reserved category and will be considered General.
IPU CET Counselling Round 1
IPU CET 2020 Counselling Round 1
Result of the first round of IPU CET counselling i.e. allocation of seats will be carried out after completion of the choice filling process. The following candidates will not be considered for Seat Allocation:
- Who has not submitted the Counselling Participation fee
- Who has paid the Counselling Participation Fee but not performed the registration process
- Who has paid the Counselling Participation Fee & performed the registration also but not opted for choices & preferences.
- Check seat allocation status through login ID & password generated at the time of registration. If the seat has been allotted, then print the provisional allotment letter. The letter will be available only after the finalization of the current round of counselling.
- To confirm the seat allotment, pay INR 40, 000 as the part of the academic fee. If the candidate fails to pay the same it will result in detention of the candidate from other counselling rounds.
- If fee receipt is not available in the mentioned time then contact the helpdesk of IP University.
Check IPU CET Seat Allotment
Reporting at IP University Centers after IPU CET 2020 Online Counselling Round 1
- After allocation of the seat in round one of the counselling process, report at university centers along with fee receipt, certificates & documents related to reserved category (if applicable).
- If the candidate fails to appear at the designated centers of university then the allocated seat will be cancelled and allotted to any other candidate. The candidate may also lose the chance to grab a seat in other rounds of counselling except ‘spot counselling’. Academic fee for such candidates will not be reimbursed.
Process of Freezing Allotted Seat during First Round of IPU CET 2020 Online Counselling
- The candidate can freeze the seat by clicking on ‘Freeze option’ if the candidate is satisfied with the allotted seat after the first round of counselling & does not want to participate in the upcoming rounds of counselling.
- If the candidate fails to freeze the seat then the seat with higher preference will be allotted in the next round of counselling with respect to the availability of seats. The candidate will not be allowed to retain the earlier seat under any situation.
Process of Fee Refund & Withdrawl of Seat after IPU CET 2020 Counselling Round 1
- After deposition of academic fee, if the candidate desires to withdraw the admission against the allotted seat then they can apply for withdrawal by navigating to ‘Withdrawal Button’
- After withdrawal, the candidate will not be allowed to take part in next counselling rounds except ‘spot counselling’.
IPU CET Counselling Round 2
Process of IPU CET 2020 Counselling Round 2
Below is the requirement of Round two of Counselling:
- Candidates who have withdrawn the admission (as they are no longer in the race of competition)
- Candidates who have already ‘freeze’ their seat after the first round of counselling (as they are no longer in the race of counseling)
- Candidates who have not paid the academic fee (As they will be debarred from the counselling)
- Candidates who have not satisfied the eligibility criteria (they will also be debarred from the counselling proceedings)
Who will be called for Second Round of Engineering Counselling?
- Candidates who have mentioned the preference of choices but are not allotted any seat during round one of counselling.
- Candidates who have been allotted seat in round one paid the part academic fee, reported at the university centers for document verification but have not withdrawn the admission & have also not freezed their seat.
These candidates will be considered for further counselling rounds by default & their ranks will be upgraded on the basis of their CET rank automatically.
- The candidates will be eligible to make changes in their choices for second round of counselling. In case of remaining vacancies after round two, seats will be converted to other category as given in the conversion rules.
- The candidate will not be allowed to retain previous choice, once their seat is upgraded in next rounds of counselling.
- The candidate must have a new printout of seat allotment with respect to updated counselling rounds.
- If the candidate joins the counselling process from the second round then he/she has to pay the amount of INR 40, 000 as part of the academic fee.
- After completion of round two, the candidate must visit the university center along with fees slip & certificates. The candidate needs to report again if his/her seat has been finalized in round one.
- Reporting to designated university centers is also very important, failing which will result in cancellation of seat allotment.
- Candidates who want to withdraw after round two can do the same through online withdrawal.
Reporting of Candidates after Seat Confirmation
After seat confirmation, the candidate has to report to the respective college along with the provisional allotment letter, admission & fee slip.
IPU CET Spot Counselling
IPU CET 2020 Spot Counselling
Spot counselling is the last option for the candidates who want to obtain the seat in GGSIPU. This process is held in offline mode after the first & second round of counselling.
Who is eligible for Spot Counselling Procedure?
- Candidates who have not taken admission through round 1 & 2 of counselling provided that he/she must have qualified in CET.
- Any candidate, who has participated in any round of counselling but has withdrawn at that point of time are also eligible.
- Candidates with ‘not admitted’ tag (due to certain reason) are eligible.
Who will not be eligible for Spot Counselling Procedure?
A candidate who has already been admitted through round 1 & 2 & also paid the academic fee at the time of spot counselling, that student will not be eligible for the spot counselling process.
Note: Facility of fee withdrawal will be available only in round 1 & 2 of online counselling but not in case of spot counselling.
Sliding of allotted seats after the last round of online seat allotment
The sliding of allotted seats are done after all the allotments process is finished. Candidates who still are not satisfied with the seats allotted to them can participate in sliding allotment. The criteria for the same is given below
- Only the candidates who have been allocated seats before the sliding round and who paid the part academic fee of INR 40000/- and did not withdraw their admission or did not freeze the allotted seat by following due procedure of the University, shall be eligible for this round.
- The sliding round shall be based on the preferences already entered by the candidates in the online counselling system on the basis of merit of CET of the candidates.
- If a candidate, who has paid the Part Academic Fees does not want to participate in the sliding round, then such candidates must freeze their allotment.
- After the sliding round, the allocated candidates must report to the allocated institutions for verification of documents and payment of the balance amount of fees (if any).
IPU CET Online Counselling FAQs
IPU CET 2020 Online Counselling FAQs
Ques. I am aware that GGSIPU grants admission on the basis of CET merit and National Level Test scores, after which one is required to participate in Counselling process. How do I get to know the dates of online counselling?
Ans. The entire calendar for Online Counselling dates of IPU CET 2020 will be made available on the official website of the University i.e. .ipu.ac.in & ipuadmissions.nic.in.
Ques. GGSIPU conducts counselling for B.Arch program?
Ans. Yes, the university conducts counselling for B.Arch program through offline mode, and not online.
Ques. Do I have to visit any counselling center for registration and choice filling?
Ans. Online registration and choice filling can be done from any place as per your convenience using internet. However, for candidates belonging to reserved category need to physical report for verification of documents is mandatory.
Ques. Can I change my subject choices when 1st Round is over?
Ans. No, once the period for choice filling is over, candidates cannot change their subject choices. The same choices will persist for all counselling rounds.
Ques. I forgot to lock my choices on the last day of cohice filling. What will happen to my choices now?
Ans. There is no provision of choice locking on the university website. Oncce you have filled in your choices, it will get automatically saved, and the same will be considered by the Counselling authority.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College