IRMA 2019 Registration, Pattern, Syllabus, Eligibility
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) conducts a national-level entrance exam for admissions to Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM). A total of 240 seats are offered for admission. IRMA 2019 will be conducted in the first week of February.
IRMA exam consists of 200 question divided into four sections- Quantitative Ability, Analytical reasoning, Issue of Social concern and English Comprehension. The Issue of Social Concern is a compulsory section to attempt. For candidates applying through CAT/XAT/GMAT,Issues of Social Concern (IRMASAT) is mandatory. IRMA 2019 Result will be declared in the second week of March.
IRMA: Latest Updates
- IRMA 2018 final results for Indian candidates were declared on March 21. The same for foreign candidates is due for May 1, 2018.
- IRMA 2018 batch will begin on June 18, 2018.
Highlights of IRMA Exam
|Exam Name||IRMA Exam|
|Conducting Body||Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)|
|Exam Type||Post- Graduate|
|Mode of Application||Computer based|
|Duration of Exam||1 hour 20 minutes|
IRMA 2019 Exam Date
The official notification will be released in the second week of October 2018. Given in the table below are all the important dates related to IRMA 2019.
|Release of Application Form||Second week of October 2018|
|Last Date to submit Online Application Form for Indian Nationals||Third week of January 2019|
|Last Date to fill Application Form by Foreign Nationals||Last week of March 2019|
|Issuance of Admit Card||three days prior to exam|
|Exam Date||First week of February 2019|
|Commencement of Group Discussion and Personal Interview||Last week of February 2019|
|Telephonic Interview for Foreign Nationals||Last week of April 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result for Indian Nationals||Second week of March 2019|
|Declaration of Final Result for Foreign Nationals||First week of May 2019|
Check IRMA Exam Dates
IRMA 2019 Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for Post Graduation Program in Rural Development are given below:
- Completion of graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- There is no age limit.
- Foreign Nationals can apply directly on the basis of their CAT/ XAT/ GMAT Score.
- Candidates of Indian Origin can apply through CAT/XAT/GMAT Score
- Indian Candidates applying through CAT/XAT/GMAT have to appear for ‘Issues of Social Concern’ test.
Read MoreIRMA Eligibility
IRMA Exam Reservation
Out of the total seats available, a few of them are reserved in both the courses. Read them below:
|Differently Abled Persons||3%|
IRMA Application Form 2019
- Candidates can apply for IRMA 2019 in online and offline mode.
- The registration window is open in the second week of October 2019.
- Registration will end in the third week of January 2019 for Indian Nationals and Last week of March 2019 for Foreign Nationals.
IRMA Online Registration 2019
Candidates can fill IRMA 2019 Application Form by following the below steps:
- Visit the official website of IRMA i.e. irma.ac.in
- Registerusing their email id and passoword.
- Fill in all the personal and academic details.
- Upload scanned copies of photograph and signature in the specified format.
- Pay the application fee and complete the process.
IRMA Offline Registration 2019
- Purchase the application form from the IRMA Admissions office or
- Write to the following address with a demand draft drawn in favour of the "Institute of Rural Management Anand" payable at par at Anand.
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)
Anand – 388 001, Gujarat
- Upon receival, the authority will send the printed materials (prospectus, application form, sample question paper of "IRMASAT" etc.).
- Candidates from BPL category are required to send their request with self-attested latest proof of BPL status issued by the appropriate authority.
IRMA 2019 Application Fee
- The application fee can be paid in both modes- offline and online.
- For online mode, candidates can use debit card/ credit card/ net banking.
- For offline mode, candidates must get a bank challan of SBI.
- Foreign Nationals are given a choice to pay by INR or their home currency.
Here is the IRMA Application Fee:
|Category||General and OBC||SC/ST/DAP||BPL||Foreigners|
|Fee||INR 1400||INR 700||Nil||INR 2000|
IRMA 2019 Admit Card
- IRMA 2019 Admit Card will be available in the last week of January or first week February, three days before the exam.
- IRMA will not issue any hard copy of IRMA Admit Card.
- Candidates must carry the admit card to the exam center along with a passport size photograph and ID proof.
Here are the steps to download IRMA Admit Card:
- Visit the official website, irma.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘IRMA 2019 Admit Card’
- Login to your application account using registration number
- Download and take a print out of IRMA 2019 Admit Card
IRMA 2019 Exam Centers
Following are the exam test centers for IRMA 2019:
|IRMA Exam Centres 2019|
|Anand / Changa / VV Nagar||Jaipur||Varanasi|
|Bangalore / Tumkur||Lucknow / Barabanki / Sitapur / Unnao||Delhi NCR (Ghaziabad, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Noida, Greater Noida)|
|Bhopal / Vidisha||Mumbai / Navi Mumbai / Thane||Indore / Dewas|
|Greater Kolkata / Kalyani||Nagpur||Bhubaneswar / Cuttack / Khurda|
|Chandigarh / Mohali / Panchkula||Patna / Hajipur / Bihta||Thiruvananthapuram|
|Chennai||Raipur / Bhilai / Durg||Pune / Pimpri Chinchwad / Talegaon|
|Guwahati / Ri Boi / Mirza||Ranchi||Vishakhapatnam|
|Hyderabad / Rangareddy / Secunderabad||Udaipur||Kochi / Ernakulam|
Check allIRMA Exam Centers
IRMA 2019 Exam Pattern
For candidates taking IRMA Exam:
- IRMASAT 2019 will be conducted in the First week of February.
- IRMA Exam Pattern has not seen any major changes over the year. Here are the highlights of IRMA Paper Pattern:
- The test will be conducted as computer-based exam.
- The duration of exam is 120 minutes
- The question paper consists of 200 objective type questions each of 1 mark. It is divided into four sections-
- Issues of Social Concern – 60 questions
- English Comprehension – 40 questions
- Analytical Reasoning – 50 questions
- Quantitative Ability – 50 questions
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrected answer.
For candidates applying through CAT/XAT/GMAT score:
- IRMA SAT will be conducted separately for such candidates
- The test will be of 80 minutes.
- The question paper will have 40 objective type questions of 1 mark each.
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
CheckIRMA Exam Pattern
IRMA 2019 Syllabus
- IRMA Syllabus is from the topic of 12th and Graduation level.
- The English Comprehension comprises of questions asked through paragraph reading and comprehension
|IRMA Syllabus for English Comprehension|
- Analytical Reasoning consists of two parts – Logical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning.
|IRMA Syllabus for Analytical Reasoning|
|Codes||Series / Arrangements|
|Multi-Dimensional Arrangements||Statements and Conclusion|
- Quantitative Ability is divided into two parts- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency and Problem-Solving.
|IRMA Syllabus for Quantitative Ability|
|Profit & Loss||Permutation & Combination|
|Work Time Analysis||Mixtures & Allegations|
|Time & Speed||Statistics|
- Issues of Social Concern consists of questions on current awareness of national and international issues. This section is the most important part of the entire exam.
Following are some topics which come under IRMA 2019 Syllabus for Issues of Social Concern is as follows:
|Important Topics in Issues of Social Concern|
|Economy of India and problems pertaining to National Income and per capita income||Social and economic issues relating to poverty, inequality, employment, and literacy|
|Human Development Index and its developments||RTI|
|Agriculture, farming, livestock production and management||Public Health Issues inclusive of health education and health care|
|Poverty alleviation and methods to combat||Natural calamities and disaster management|
|National threats and security analysis||Five Year Plan|
Check Here IRMASAT 2019
IRMA 2019 Result
- IRMA will release the final result for Indian candidates in the second week of March 2019.
- For Foreign candidates, IRMA result will be released in the first week of May 2019.
- IRMA has both sectional and overall scores.
- The result is released as score cards for candidates to download
How to check IRMA 2019 Result?
- Visit the official website of IRMA 2019 i.e. irma.ac.in
- Click on the link for ‘IRMA 2019 Results’
- Provide form number, roll number and password
- After finishing this process, the result will appear on the screen.
- Take a print out for any future reference.
IRMA 2019 Expected Cut Off
- IRMA 2019 Cut Off will be declared soon after the declaration of IRMA 2019 Results
- The overall and sectional cut off marks both are considered
- Candidates who score equal to or more than the Cut Off will be selected for the further rounds
- Here is the Expected IRMA Cut Off 2019 :
*Cut off marks will be calculated out of 100 (Written Test - 50 + Group Discussion - 25 + Personal Interview - 25)
Read More AboutIRMA Cutoff
IRMA 2019 Selection Process
- IRMA will issue a merit list soon after the results are declared.
- IRMA 2019 merit list will comprise the names and details of the qualified students.
- There will be two further selection rounds viz. Group Discussion and of Personal Interview. Check Here IRMA Selection Procedure 2019
IRMA 2019 Merit List
IRMA prepares the final merit list by taking in account the marks secured in CAT/XAT, IRMASAT, GD & PI rounds. Their respective weightage is given below:
|Academic Performance Rating (10th, 12th 5 and Graduation)||5|
|Diversity Rating (Gender, Sports, Extra Curricular and Academic Background)||5|
Preparation of IRMA Merit List for Foreign Candidates
IRMA follow a different approach to calcuate the marks of foreign nationals, since they are exempted from appearing in IRMASAT. Check the details below:
Candidates selected for IRMA 2019 Counselling Process should follow the steps given below:
- They need to register themselves at the official website of IRMA.
- After registering, lock preferences of colleges within the given time period.
- No further changes will be allowed once the choices are locked.
- Candidates will be allotted colleges on the basis of merit-cum-preference.
Candidates will need to contact the respective colleges and take the necessary documents with them for IRMA 2019 admission.
About IRMA PGDRM
- PGDRM is a two-year fully residential programme.
- IRMA's Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) aims at producing talented young managers to assume challenge-filled responsibilities in rural cooperatives and development organisations.
- The PGDRM curriculum provides high quality courses with a greater focus on experiential learning.
- The curriculum is made up of four distinct but mutually supportive segments - classroom, village field work, development internship and management internship.
Financial Assistance and Scholarships at IRMA
IRMA provides financial assistance to deserving candidates through various schemes and scholarships
- Bridge Fund- A fund of Rs. 50 lakhs has been set aside by the Institute for students of economic deprivation to bridge the gap between the dates of payment of IRMA and the disbursement of payment from different financing options (e. g. bank loan, fee waiver/exemption scheme of IRMA etc.).
- Educational Loans- Educational loans are available from various banks to applicants enrolling at IRMA. Canara Bank (Vidya Turant) and the Central Bank of India provide student friendly education loan services for IRMA PGDRM students.
- Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme and Fee Exemption- The Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme, as per the AICTE rules, is available at IRMA. IRMA provides financial assistance to meet the PGDRM tuition fee requirements of extremely poor applicants. Participants can request for exemption only after joining.
- Scholarships for SC / ST Students- SC / ST scholarships covering the entire cost of education of SC / ST applicants are available at IRMA. The Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has allocated 12 scholarships to IRMA for SC participants. The scholarship covers tuition fee, non-refundable charges, lodging and boarding expenses, cost of books, stationery, and a personal computer. (www.socialjustice.nic.in).
- Scholarships for Students with Disabilities- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship for Top class Education for Students with Disabilities of The Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities is available at IRMA (www.disabilityaffairs.gov.in ).
IRMA PGDRM Fee Structure
Fees Structure for Indian Nationals
|Tuition Fees, Services Fees, Library, TAU Room Rent and Electricity Charges|
|Category||First Year (Term 1 to 3)||Second Year (Term 4 & 5)||Total|
|Computer and Internet Services Fees||20,000/-||13,000/-||40,000/-|
|Library and Teaching Aid Unit Charges||20,000/-||13,000/-||40,000/-|
|Room Rent and Electricity Charges||60,000/-||40,000/-||1,00,000/-|
|Total Fees Payable (A)||7,00,000/-||4,50,000/-||11,50,000/-|
|Deposits and Other Activities Charges|
|Associate Membership of IRMA Club||2,000/-|
|Alumni Association Membership||2,000/-|
|Grand Total (A + B)||7,58,400/-|
Fees Structure for Foreign Nationals
|Tuition Fees, Services Fees, Library, TAU Room Rent and Electricity Charges(Amount in USD)|
|Category||First Year (Term 1 to 3)||Second Year (Term 4 & 5)||Total|
|Computer and Internet Services Fees||453||294||747|
|Library and Teaching Aid Unit Charges||453||294||747|
|Room Rent and Electricity Charges||1358||905||2263|
|Total Fees Payable (A)||15835||10180||26015|
|Deposits and Other Activities Charges|
|Category||Amount in INR|
|Associate Membership of IRMA Club||2,000|
|Alumni Association Membership||2,000|
|Grand Total (A + B)||84,415|
IRMA 2019 FAQs
Ques. I have applied for one program. But now I want to apply for more than one, then what should I do?
Ans. In that case, you are advised to write an application to the admissions coordinator with details and pay necessary fees by Demand Draft. You are advised to write your application form number in all your correspondence. All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favoring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand.
Ques. How to download (print) SBI Challan from IRMA Website?
Ans. SBI Challan is available on the website (https://www.irma.ac.in/) in the admissions link, in the important download section. You may open the file and take a print out of it.
Ques. Does IRMA offer any correspondence course?
Ans. IRMA does not offer any correspondence course.
Ques. Can I register for Programme in Rural Management (PRM) without staying in the campus?
Ans. No. Program in Rural Management (PRM) is a two-year fully residential program.
Ques. Whether Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) is approved by AICTE?
Ans. Yes, Fellow Programme in Rural Management (FPRM) is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Ques. How do I retrieve my user-id and password in case it is lost?
Ans. You are expected to keep a record of user id and password. If you are able to send us the user-id, your password can be mailed to you.
Ques. What should I do if I am unable to proceed with online payment?
Ans. Printed application material (prospectus, application forms, etc.) may be obtained from Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 388 001 on payment of full fees. (All the payments to IRMA should be made in the form of a demand draft favouring IRMA and it should be payable at Anand).
Ques. How IRMA admits students for PGDRM and FPRM 2018?
Ans: CAT 2017 /XAT 2018 and IRMASAT 2018 scores will be accepted for admission to PGDRM 2018-2020. Moreover, IIMs and XLRI have no role in any of the admission process. IRMASAT was held on February 04, 2018.
Ques. How many seats are available for PGDRM 2018-20?
Ans: 240 seats available for PRM 2018-20. Also, fifteen percent is reserved for admission to Foreign Nationals /Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) /Children of Indian Workers in Gulf Countries and Sons & Daughters of Non-Resident Indian(s) / NRI Sponsored candidates.
Ques. Is there any negative marking in IRMASAT written entrance test?
Ans: Yes, there is negative marking in IRMASAT written entrance test. However, mark weightage is decided by management time to time.
Ques. What are the specializations offered by IRMA in Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management programme?
Ans: There is no formal specialization in Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management at IRMA. However, students are granted choices to select an optional course during the last two semesters, that is, 4th and 5th semesters (terms).
Ques. Who has approved IRMA’s Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM)?
Ans: Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE).
Ques. What are the placement activities conducted by IRMA for Post Graduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM)?
Ans: PGDRM graduates from IRMA are highly valued and offered jobs by cooperatives, NGOs, government agencies, and national as well as international donors engaged in promoting rural development. Moreover, the job offered to the students are more in areas such as planning and information systems, production management, marketing, finance, accounts, human resource development, rural development, and natural resource management respectively.
Over 650 organizations have been enlisted by IRMA that are designated for the placement of its graduates. It must be noted that the placement facility could not be availed by sponsored candidates.
Ques. What are the salary packages offered to students graduated with PGDRM from IRMA?
Ans: IRMA graduates manage to make a decent salary with 100 % placement guarantee. The average annual salaries received by the last three PGDRM batches are tabulated below:
Annual Salaries offered to the Last Three PGDRM Batches:
Average (INR) Lakh
Maximum (INR) Lakh
IRMA offers a provision of fellowships for the applicants who prefer to join low paying but highly relevant jobs in the rural development sector.
Ques. How can one correct the incorrect entries after submissions?
Ans: Candidates are granted facilities to edit their entries prior to final submission. Once they hit the submit button, a form number will be allotted which cannot be edited. In such a case, it is advisable to take a printout of the submitted IRMA 2018 application form and make corrections manually as required and send it to IRMA’s notified address. The institution will arrange to make changes in the corresponding application form accordingly.
Ques. What should one do if unable to proceed further with online payment?
Ans: Candidates can get the printed application material that includes the prospectus, application forms and suchlike, which could hence, be obtained from Admissions Office, IRMA, Anand - 388 001 to make the required payment. It should be noted that all the IRMA payments could be made in the form of a demand draft favoring IRMA and it is payable at Anand).
Ques. Can an applicant change his test center of "IRMASAT 2018"?
Ans: Applicant is required to choose a preferred test center. Request for change of the exam center shall not be entertained.
Ques. What details does IRMASAT Admit Card 2018 comprises of?
Ans: The admit card of IRMASAT 2018 comprises of the following details:
- Applicant’s Name
- Applicant’s Roll Number
- Applicant's Application Number
- Applicant’s photograph and signature
- Date and Time of Examination
- Test Venue and Address
- Instructions for examination day
Ques. What could a student do if there is an error in the given admit card?
Ans: If any student comes across a discrepancy in the mentioned details on their admit card, then it must be brought to the notice of IRMASAT concerned officials as soon as possible.
Ques. What is the official address of IRMA where students can contact in case of any discrepancy?
Ans: The official address of Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) is mentioned below where students can contact the concerned officials for any sort of discrepancy:
Institute of Rural Management Anand
Post Box No. 60, Anand, 388001
Contact: 02692 - 260 391 / 260 181
Fax: 02692 – 260188
Ques. Is there any relaxation for below poverty line applicants?
Ans: Yes, the IRMASAT 2018 application fee was waived off for the Below Poverty Line applicants. They could also avail few benefits in the course fee.
Ques. Whether bank loans are available for IRMA’s PGDRM programme?
Ans: Yes, educational loans are available from various banks.
The State Bank of India, Anand and Central Bank of India, Anand serves students with educational loans at a lower interest rate.
Candidates may contact the people mentioned below for more information:
State Bank of India, Anand:
Mr. Ravi Shah, SBI, Anand
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Mob. 76000 80304
Central Bank of India, Anand:
Shri Sarkar, CBI, Anand
Mobile: 089800 15872.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College