Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) has declared the updated syllabus for its entrance exam for this year. There have not been any major changes over the years though. The syllabus for IRMASAT describes all important chapters and topics and also the weightage each of them carries.
- IRMASAT Syllabus 2019 will be based on the topics studied at Graduation level.
- Candidates in IRMASAT 2019 will be tested in 4 main areas viz. English, Quantitative Ability, Analytic Reasoning and Issues of Social Concern.
- The exam is set to be conducted in February 2019.
- The section on Issues of Social Concern will have the maximum weightage (60 marks). The level of difficulty of this section is generally medium.
- The English Comprehension section will be of total 40 marks. The level of difficulty of this section is generally medium again.
- The section on Analytical Reasoning will be of 50 marks. The level of difficulty of this section is generally medium to high.
- The section on Quantitative Ability is also of 50 marks. The level of difficulty of this section is again medium to high.
- There are a total of 200 questions that must be completed in 2 hours. Check now IRMASAT Sample Papers
IRMASAT Exam is conducted to grant admission to candidates in Fellowship Programme in Rural Management (FPRM), Postgraduate Diploma in Rural Management (PGDRM) and Certificate in Rural Management. Candidates will be shortlisted for further selection rounds on the basis of their overall and sectional scores.
IRMASAT 2019 Exam Pattern
Before proceeding to the syllabus, it is important to learn about IRMASAT Exam Pattern. It gives you a basic structure of the expected paper. Here is IRMASAT 2019 Exam Pattern for your reference:
|Number of Paper||1|
|Number of Sections||4 (Quantitative Ability, Social Issues, Analytical Reasoning, English Comprehension)|
|Question Type||Multiple Choice Questions|
|IMRA Exam Total Marks||200 marks|
|IMRA Exam Timing||2 hours|
|IMRA Exam Language||English|
|Marking Scheme||+1 for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||-0.25 for each incorrect answer|
IRMASAT 2019 Syllabus for Issues in Social Concern
- Candidates from Indian Origin will have to take additional efforts to prepare for this paper.
- There will be a total of 60 questions in this section.
- Questions will be framed to check and test the strength of the candidates in the national and international issues.
- Candidates will also be questioned on past, present and future plans in various government initiatives.
- The topics which are covered are:
- Human Resource and Development – The questions will be related to human development index and the important milestones in it.
- Poverty – Questions relating to Poverty status, Impact of literacy and employment
- Inequality – questions will be related to various socio groups and sects like religion, caste, etc
- Economy – Questions related to budget, economy status of indian, steps taken by government, socio economic issues
- Right to information – This will relate to the citizen responsibility and accountability, human rights, etc
- Agriculture – Initiatives taken by Government to protect / promote agriculture, various types of production systems, etc
- Health Issues – Initiatives taken by Government to manage public health, Health care developments and scope of development
- Five-year plan – Target & Strategies
- Poverty in Rural India – Various plans taken by the Government to combat poverty, schemes implemented, Milestones in the past years, Long time goals
- Environment – Issues faced, steps taken to combat issues
- National Security – Security measures taken and related issues
IRMASAT Preparation Books for Issues of Social Concern
|GK & Issue og Social Concern||Wiley|
|Social And Ethical Aspects of Radiation Risk management||Deborah Oughton|
Read MoreIssues of Social Concern Test in IRMASAT 2019
IRMASAT 2019 Syllabus for Quantitative Ability
- This session is divided into two parts- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency and Problem-Solving.
- The first part will be used to check the candidate’s ability to analyze the available data and provide necessary solution. Questions can be in the form of graphical representation like Bar graph, Pie chart and Line graph or Numerical representation like Tables, Average and Percentage Based.
- The second part is designed to test the candidate’s ability to solve arithmetic problems. This is used to test the keenness and attention to details.
- This section will carry a total of 50 marks.
- Candidates will be questions on the below topics:
|IRMASAT Syllabus for Quantitative Ability|
|Profit & Loss||Permutation & Combination|
|Work Time Analysis||Mixtures & Allegations|
|Time & Speed||Statistics|
IRMASAT Preparation Books for Quantitative Ability
|Quantitative Aptitude||Dr. R.S. Aggarwal|
|Quantitative Aptitude||S. Chand|
IRMASAT 2019 Syllabus for Analytic Reasoning
- This section consists of two parts – Logical Reasoning and Verbal Reasoning.
- The session is designed to check the candidate’s ability of analysis and conclusions.
- Candidates will have to read thoroughly and understand the question before answering.
- This section will carry a total of 50 marks.
- The most important topics include:
|IRMASAT Syllabus for Analytical Reasoning|
|Codes||Series / Arrangements|
|Multi-Dimensional Arrangements||Statements and Conclusion|
ReadIRMASAT Exam Pattern
IRMASAT Preparation Books for Analytical Reasoning
|Analytical Reasoning||MK Pandey|
|Analytical Reasoning & Logical Reasoning||Peeyush Bhardwaj|
IRMASAT 2019 Syllabus for English Comprehension
- This part of the paper is designed to check the fluency and grammar of a candidate.
- The exam paper will contain paragraphs and candidates will be expected to answer the questions asked about the paragraph.
- The questions will test the student’s ability to grasp data and communicate it in the right way.
- This section will carry a total of 40 marks.
- Here are all the important topics of the English Comprehension section in IRMASAT 2019:
|IRMASAT Syllabus for English Comprehension|
IRMASAT Preparation Books for English Comprehension
|English Grammer & Comprehension||Dr. N.D.V. Prasad Rao|
|English Language & Comprehension Skill||Sachchida Nand Jha|
IRMASAT 2019 Sample Papers
- To excel IRMASAT Exam, candidates must refer IRMASAT Sample papers for a better preparation.
- Sample papers help a candidate get an idea of the Exam pattern, Type of Questions, Level of difficulty etc.
- Practicing these papers is known to be the best preparation tool for any exam.
- These practice papers also help manage your time effectively. You get to learn how much time is required for a particular section.
- Often, questions coming from past year papers are common. Hence, another reason to go through them.
DownloadIRMASAT Sample Papers
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College