JCECE 2021 will tentatively be held in the 3rd week of May, 2021. JCECE 2021 registrations will open from the 2nd week of April. Check JCECE Application Process
As per JCECE 2021 Eligibility, only candidates with Jharkhand domicile are eligible to apply for the exam. There are 16 institutes which offer admission to different courses through JCECE.
According to JCECE Exam Pattern, the exam is conducted in offline (pen and paper-based) mode. JCECE Syllabus is divided into three groups based on the course in which candidates are seeking admission. The three groups are PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) group, PCB (Physics, Chemistry, and Biology) group, and PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) group.
JCECE 2020 Update
- Jan 17, 2021: JCECEB has released List of Candidates Recommended Provisionally Through Last Round of Online Counselling. Check Here
- Jan 10, 2021: Provisional Seat Allotment for Admission in B.E./B.Tech. Through Last Round of JCECE 2020 Counselling out.
JCECE 2021 Highlights
|Exam Name||Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination|
|Conducting body||JCECE Board|
|Mode of JCECE 2021||Offline (Pen and paper-based)|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Exam Type||State Level|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 with PCB or PCM|
|Courses offered||B.V.Sc. & A.H, Agriculture, Forestry, BHMS, etc.|
JCECE 2021 Exam Dates
Candidates can check the tentative schedule for JCECE 2021 from the table given below:
|Events||Dates 2021 (Tentative)|
|Registration opens from||2nd week of April 2021|
|Last date to apply||1st week of May 2021|
|Admit Card release||2nd week of May 2021|
|JCECE 2021 Exam||3rd week of May 2021|
|Publication of Answer key||3rd week of May 2021|
|Announcement of results||4th week of May 2021|
|Starting of Counselling process||3rd week of June 2021|
JCECE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The primary JEECE 2021 Eligibility Criteria for all streams is to pass in Class 12 from CBSE Board or equivalent with a minimum pass percentage as laid down by the respective board.
- Only domiciles of Jharkhand can apply for JCECE. Candidates have to produce a Residence Certificate at the time of JCECE Counselling.
- The age limit to apply for JCECE 2021 is 17-22 years for Agriculture program while there is no specified age limit for BHMS or B.Sc. courses
- Only physically fit candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam. Candidates will have to undergo a medical test to verify the same.
The academic qualification required for all the courses is tabulated below:
|B.Sc. Agriculture & Forestry||Candidates must have cleared 10+2 from I.Sc. or equivalent board with Physics, Chemistry along with Mathematics or Biology/Biotechnology|
|B.V.Sc and AH||10+2 or equivalent with aggregate of 50% (45% for SC/ST) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and English. The candidate should have also obtained the same percentage|
|BHMS||10+2 or equivalent with Physics and Chemistry along with Biology|
|B.Tech Diary Technology||10+2 or equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 50% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Candidates must have PCM and English in 12th class.|
|B.F.Sc||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics/Biology/Inter(Agriculture)|
- Candidates who are local or permanent residents of Jharkhand can apply for JEECE 2021.
- Candidates must have passed I.Sc./ 10+2 or any equivalent examination with at least 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved categories) to apply for the exam.
- Physics and Mathematics are the compulsory subjects along with Chemistry. This exam is conducted for the PCM subject group only.
JCECE 2021 Application Form
- JCECE application form can be obtained in online mode only.
- The online application form for JCECE 2021 can be obtained from the official website i.e. jceceb.nic.in.
- Application fee for PCB group is INR 900 for General/BC-I/BC-II category while it is INR 450 for SC/ST/Female candidates.
- Fee can be remitted through credit card/ debit card or net banking. Note that extra service charges will be charged by the bank with the payment.
Steps to fill the application form in online mode are discussed below:
Registration and Form Filling
- Visit jceceb.cbtexam.in and click on the link “JCECE 2021 Application Form”.
- Read the instructions carefully and proceed to fill the application form.
- Fill the personal details such as Name, Gender, category, etc. Also, enter the correct 13 digits Aadhaar Number in the form
- After that mention your academic and communication details.
- Choose a password and security question to create a login. Submit the details after verifying them.
- You receive an application number. Note it down to log in again.
- Upload scanned image of passport size photo, signature and left-hand thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Choose the correct file and click on open to upload.
- After that click on Next to move to fee payment.
|Passport size photo||100 kb|
|Left hand thumb impression||50 kb|
Fee Payment and Submission
- The fee can be paid online only. Pay the application fee using Debit/Credit card or Net Banking
- The fee for each category on the basis of their course is given below.
|Course||Category||Application Fee (in INR)|
|PCMB Group||General/ OBC||1,000|
|PCM Group||General/ OBC||900|
|PCB Group||General/ OBC||900|
JCECE 2021 Admit Card
Candidates can download JCECE 2021 Admit Card for B.Tech Dairy Technology and other courses from the official website until the exam day. The admit card has to be carried to the JCECE exam center, failing which, the candidate will not be allowed entry.
Steps to download JCECE admit card are mentioned below:
- Visit the official website of JCECEB
- Click on link “Download JCECE 2021 Admit Card”
- Fill required information such as Registration ID and date of birth in the provided blank fields
- Click on the “Submit” button
- Take a print out of document for future reference
JCECE 2021 Exam Centers
Candidates appearing for JCECE 2021 during the time of registration/application can choose any one of the exam centres from the list given below.
JCECE 2021 Exam Pattern
- There will be 3 group-wise Papers- Physics & Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology/ Biotechnology.
- All the questions are in MCQ (objective type) format.
- Each section will have 50 MCQs with 4 options.
- You can either appear in English or Hindi for JCECE 2021.
- In the case of any ambiguity in translation of the exam, the English version will be considered final.
Given below are the highlights of JCECE 2021 Exam Pattern:
|Medium||English or Hindi|
|Duration||PCM/PCB group- 3 hours|
|PCMB group- 4 hours|
|Type of Questions||Objective (MCQ)|
|Number of Questions||PCM/PCB- 150 questions|
|PCMB- 200 questions|
|Total Marks||PCM/PCB- 150 marks|
|PCMB- 200 marks|
|Sections||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology|
|Marking Scheme||Correct Answer- 1 mark|
|Incorrect Answer- ¼ mark|
JCECE 2021 Syllabus
JCECE 2021 Syllabus is based on the syllabus of class XI and XII for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and Biotechnology. The detailed syllabus for the subjects is given below.
|Physics||General Properties of Matter, Wave motion, Sound, Measurement and Kinematics, Mechanics, Laws of Motion, Gravitation, Oscillations, Thermodynamics, Electron Physics, Radiation, Light and Optics, Semiconductor Devices, Atomic Physics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism.|
|Chemistry||Atomic Structure, Periodic Properties of elements and Hydrogen, S-Block elements, P-Block elements, D-Block and F-Block Elements, Electrochemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Stereochemistry, Laws of Gases, Halogens, Nitrogen, Functional Groups Containing Oxygen (organic chemistry), Purification and Characterization of Organic Compounds, Chemical Kinetics, Polymers, Redox Reactions, Environmental Chemistry.|
|Mathematics||Complex Numbers, Sequences and Series, Binomial Theorem, Sets, Relations and Functions, Matrices and Determinants, Combinations and Permutations, Linear equations, Algebra, Trigonometry, 3- D Geometry, Integration and differentiation, Statistics, Vectors, Differential Equations, Lines, Circles and Conic sections.|
JCECE 2021 Preparation Tips
Here are a few handy tips that could help candidates form a solid preparation strategy for JCECE 2021:
- Candidates must focus more on the important topics from each subject. Also, revise important formulae and basic applications from the textbooks.
- Solve the previous year JCECE Question Papers. Practice online mock tests of the exam keeping in mind the time limit and negative marking in the exam.
- Important Topics for Physics section- Kinematics, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, SHM & Waves, Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics
- Important Topics for Chemistry section- Chemical Kinetics and Bonding, Periodicity of Elements, Solid State, Thermodynamics, Basics of Organic Chemistry and Carbonyl Compounds
- Important Topics for Mathematics section- 3D & Vectors, Quadratic Equations, Application of Derivatives, Differential Calculus, Sequence and Series and Probability
- Important Topics for Biology section- Human Physiology, Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Ecology and Environment and Genetics
JCECE 2021 Important Books
Given below are the preparation books to aid the preparation of JCECE 2021:
|Concepts of Physics (Vol. 1 and 2)||H.C. Verma|
|Understanding Physics||D.C. Pandey|
|Physical Chemistry||P. Bahadur|
|Organic Chemistry||Morrison and Boyd|
|Inorganic Chemistry||O.P Tandon|
|Objective Mathematics||R.D Sharma|
JCECE 2021 Results
JCECE 2021 results will be announced in the last week of June by JCECE Board. Candidates would be able to check their results by visiting the official website as soon as they are published.
How to Check JCECE Result?
- Go to the official website of JCECEB.
- Click on the link “JCECE 2021 Results”.
- Click on the button ‘View Scorecard’.
- You would be directed to a login window.
- Log in using your registered e-mail id (entered at the time of making an application) and password.
- Click on submit.
- JCECEB 2021 scorecard would appear on the screen.
- Download it and take a printout of the same for future reference.
JCECE Merit List & Seat Allotment
- JCECE Merit list is prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidates in JCECE 2021.
- It involves selection of the desired seats by the candidate with a higher rank.
- JCECE Board publishes two merit lists- Combined Merit List and Category-Wise at its official website.
- These lists are used for allocation of seats at the time of JCECE Counselling.
- Post-release of the merit list, candidates will have to submit admission applications stating preferences for different degree programmes for the counselling.
- Seat allotment is done on the basis of the candidate’s choice of college in multiple rounds.
JCECE 2021 Counselling
The counselling process for the examination is carried out in two rounds- Round 1 & Round 2, which are as follows:
First Round of Counselling
- Candidates are selected on the basis of rank obtained in JCECE 2021.
- Only after proper verification of all the required original certificates/documents, the candidate will be allowed to make selections of the Institute and Course/Stream on Merit-Cum-Choice as per his/her Merit Order.
Second Round of Counselling
- In case there are any non-allotted seats even after the First Round of JCECE Counselling then the JCECEB chooses to host the Second Round of Counselling.
- The rules and criteria are similar to the First Round of Counselling.
JCECE 2021 Counselling Venue
Jharkhand Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board
Science & Technology Campus, Sirkha Toli,
Namkum-Tupudana Road Namkum,
Ranchi (Jharkhand) – 834010
- JCECE Admit card
- Metric or equivalent Mark sheet and Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional)
- Intermediate/Equivalent Mark sheet and Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional)
- Local Resident Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- 1 passport size photograph
JCECE 2021 FAQs
Ques. I am a resident of Jharkhand but I passed Class XII from West Bengal. Am I eligible for JCECE?
Ans. Yes, you can apply for JCECE 2021. You must be a local or permanent resident of Jharkhand to apply for the exam. If in case you don’t possess a domicile of Jharkhand then you can also apply on the basis of your parents’ domicile.
Ques. How to edit JCECE application forms after submission?
Ans. You are not permitted to edit any detail in the JCECE 2021 Application Form after submitting it. But JCECE Board might open the JCECE Form Correction window for corrections in the form as there was a lot of confusion among the students about the exam this year.
Ques. If I wish to take admission in BIT Sindri then do I have to appear for JEECE or JCECE?
Ans. BIT Sindri offers admission to various streams of engineering (B.Tech). Thus, you have to appear for JEECE 2021 to seek admission to BIT Sindri.
Ques. I wanted to apply for B.Tech but I have filled the JCECE Application form for Dairy Technology. How can I change?
Ans. You cannot change the JEECE form type. Apply for JEECE separately on the official website of JCECE Board.
Ques. I filled the PCMB group as NEET and JEECE were scheduled on the same day but now that the dates have been revised can I apply for PCM Group now?
Ans. You must have filled the JCECE Application form for the PCMB group. You cannot modify the details in the submitted application form so the subject group cannot be modified now. It is however expected that JCECE Board might open a form correction window so that the candidates can edit their JCECE Application form.
Ques. My relatives are a domicile of Jharkhand but I am not. Am I eligible to apply?
Ans. No, you can neither apply for JCECE nor JEECE. You have to be a permanent or local domicile of Jharkhand to apply for the exam. If you or your parents are domiciles of Jharkhand only then you can apply for the exam.
Ques. What are the documents required for Bio Stream in JCECE?
Ans. For Bio stream (PCB group) you are required to carry the following documents to the allotted counselling center:
- Admit Card, Mark sheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional) of Matric/10th /Any Equivalent Examination
- Admit Card, Mark sheet, Passing Certificate (Original/Provisional of I.SC. /10+2/Any Equivalent Examination
- Local Resident Certificate issued by S.D.O (Civil) /D.C of Jharkhand state
- One postcard and six passport size photographs same as the one uploaded in the Application Form
- Counselling Letter, if provided by the Board
- JCECE 2021 Admit Card
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.