Table of Contents
JEE Main 2020 Result (Released), Cut off, Answer Key, College Predictor and JoSSA Counselling
JEE Main 2020 September session papers have been concluded successfully from September 1 – 6, 2020. NTA has declared JEE Main Result of April/Sept session for all 3 papers – B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch & B.Planning, candidates can download individual scorecards on the official website – jeemain.nta.nic.in. Check JEE Main 2020 Result
JEE Main 2020 Latest Updates
- Sept 18,2020: JEE Main Result for B.Arch and B.Planning papers released. Download Scorecard
- Sept 13, 2020: JoSAA has released online counselling schedule for JEE Main & JEE Advanced candidates. Check Here
- Sept 12, 2020: NTA has released JEE Main cutoff 2020 for BE/B.Tech (Paper-1). Check Category-wise Cut off
- Sept 11, 2020: JEE Main Answer Key for B.E/B.Tech papers released. Find Your Suitable Colleges
- Sept 6, 2020: JEE Main B.E/B.Tech, B. Arch and B. Planning papers were held from Sept 1-6. Check JEE Main Answer Key
- July 23, 2020: 75% criteria in class 12 th board examinations dropped by CSAB. Read More
- July 7, 2020: CBSE syllabus reduction may further lead to reduction in JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
Table of Contents
- JEE Main 2020 Result
- JEE Main College Predictor
- JEE Main Answer Key
- JEE Main Paper Analysis
- JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
- JEE Main 2020 Counselling
- Top B.Tech Colleges in India
- Admission at NITs
- JEE Main 2021 - Next Year Plan
As per the official data , out of the total registrants, 74% candidates appeared for JEE Main September session. Whereas, the January session witnessed an attendance of as high as 94.32%. Top 2,50,000 JEE Main test-takers will be eligible to sit for JEE Advanced, which is scheduled for September 27, 2020.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Dates
|Events||JEE Main 2020 (April Session)|
|JEE Main B. Arch and B. Planning Papers||September 1, 2020|
|JEE Main B.E/B.Tech Papers||September 2 – 6, 2020|
|Release of Answer Key (B.E/B.Tech)||September 8, 2020|
|Release of Answer Key (B.Arch and B.Planning)||September 18, 2020|
|Announcement of Results|
September 11, 2020 (Paper-1)
September 18, 2020 (Paper-2)
|JoSSA Registration and Choice Filling||October 6, 2020|
JEE Main 2020 January session was conducted from January 6 – 9, 2020. Out of 11,18,673 candidates who registered for the January session, 8,69,010 appeared for the test. The results for the same have been declared for all the 3 papers. Download JEE Main 2020 Official Notification For April Session
JEE Main 2020 Highlights
|Exam Name||Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main|
|Mode of Conduction||Computed Based Test (Pen and paper based for Drawing section in B.Arch)|
|Duration||3 hours (3.5 hours for both – B.Arch and B. Planning)|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year (January and April sessions)|
|Total Registrants for April/September 2020 session||8,58,273|
|Papers||3 – B.E/B.Tech, B. Arch and B. Planning|
|Total Marks||B.E/B.Tech – 300; B.Arch – 400; B. Planning- 400|
|Total Questions||B.E/B.Tech – 75; B.Arch – 77; B. Planning- 100|
4 for each correct response;
-1 for each incorrect response;
Unattempted questions will not be marked;
No negative marking for Non-MCQ questions
|Medium of paper|
English and Hindi (All Centre Cities)
English, Hindi and Gujarati (Centre Cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli)
JEE Main 2020 Result
NTA has announced JEE Main April/September Session Result for all 3 papers – B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch and B.Planning. Candidates can check their result by entering their application number, date of birth, and security pin.
Candidates with 100 percentile marks has been given below. Check Complete list of JEE Main 2020 State-wise Toppers
Name of the Candidate
|Landa Jitendra||Andhra Pradesh|
|Swayam Shashank Chube||Maharashtra|
|Y S S Narasimha Naidu||Andhra Pradesh|
|R Muhendar Raj||Rajasthan|
JEE Main Result for January and April/September sessions will be compiled and final merit list will be formulated. For candidates appearing in both sessions, the better of the two scores will be considered for the merit list.
Result for JEE Main is released separately for B.E/B.Tech, B. Arch and B. Planning papers. The result can be downloaded from jeemain.nta.nic.in/ nta.ac.in. NTA will award students with percentile scores and not ranks. NTA uses Normalization Procedure in order to nullify the effects from varying difficulty level in question paper sets in different shifts.
Compilation and Display of Result of B.E./ B. Tech
- B.E/B. Tech papers of JEE Main January and September session were held in multiple shifts.
- The raw marks of the candidate will be used in calculation of their NTA scores.
- The result consists of the four NTA scores - for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and the total in B.E/ B. Tech paper.
Compilation and Display of Result of B. Arch and B. Planning
- B. Arch and B. Planning papers were conducted in multiple shifts.
- The raw marks of the candidates will be converted into NTA scores.
- The result will consist of the four NTA scores - for Aptitude Test, Mathematics, Drawing Test/ Planning based Test and the total in B. Arch and B. Planning papers.
JEE Main 2020 Tie Resolving Method
NTA will use percentile upto 7 decimals in order to avoid ties. Further ties, if any, will be resolved using the following criteria:
- Higher percentile in Mathematics
- Higher percentile in Physics
- Higher percentile in Chemistry
- Higher in age
JEE Main College Predictor 2020
Collegedunia’s exclusive college predictor assists candidates in finding their suitable colleges and understanding their admission chances at premium institutes like NITs, CFTIs and IIITs. JEE Main College Predictor uses the opening and closing ranks of previous year counseling data and predicts the most suitable college options to pursue Engineering. Candidates can also narrow down the available options by adding specific filters such as their preferred city or course they wish to pursue. Check JEE Main College Predictor
For example, Mudit, a general category candidate has received a JEE Main Rank of 27000, and wishes to pursue Mechanical Engineering, the range of colleges suitable for him along with their previous year cutoffs will be displayed as:
JEE Main Answer Key 2020
NTA has released JEE Main Answer Key for B. Arch and B.Planning papers on September 18, 2020 while the answer keys for B.E/B.Tech have been released on September 8, 2020. Candidates can have an accurate idea of their JEE Main Score by tallying their responses with the JEE Main Answer Key. Candidates can download the question papers and answer keys for different slots from the official website using their login credentials. Candidates could also challenge JEE Main Answer Key 2020 against a fee of INR 200 till 5.00 PM on September 10, 2020. This fee shall not be refundable even if the answer is found to be correct. The final score calculation for result shall be carried out on the basis of the final JEE Main Answer Key. The official PDF provides Question ID and Correct question ID for all the 3 sections i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Check JEE Main 2020 Answer Key for September Session
How to Download JEE Main Answer Key?
- Candidates have to click on the answer key official website.
- They need to login using their JEE Main Application number and DOB.
- Answer keys will be available in PDF format. Candidates can download them.
|Papers||January Session||April/September Session|
|JEE Main B.E/ B.Tech||Download Here||Download Here|
|JEE Main B. Arch and B. Planning||Download Here||Download Here|
Once the candidates have downloaded the answer key and response sheet, they can tally the answers and calculate their scores. As per JEE Main marking scheme, candidate will be awarded 4 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark shall be deducted for every incorrect response. There will be no negative marking for unattempted questions and numeric value answer based questions.
JEE Main 2020 Memory Based Answer Key by Resonance
Resonance has released memory based answer keys for JEE Main 2020 September session B.E/B.Tech papers, candidates can access them through the links tabulated below:
|JEE Main B.E/B.Tech Paper September Session||Links|
|September 2, 2020 – Both Shifts||Check Here|
|September 3, 2020 – Both Shifts||Check Here|
|September 4, 2020 – Both Shifts||Check Here|
|September 5, 2020 – Both Shifts||Check Here|
|September 6, 2020 – Both Shifts||Check Here|
Must Read News About JEE Main 2020 on Collegedunia
- JEE Main 2020 Exam Day Guidelines
- How to prepare for JEE Main B.Arch Paper
- Read about JEE Main Toppers for January 2020 Session
JEE Main Paper Analysis 2020
Candidates can go through the paper analysis of B.E/ B.Tech, B. Arch, and B. Planning papers to know what to expect from JEE Main 2021 Question paper in terms of the difficulty level and most asked topics.
JEE Main 2020 September Session Paper Analysis
Slot-wise Paper Analysis for JEE Main of B.E/B.Tech, B. Arch and B. Planning Papers for September 1 – 6, 2020 is tabulated below:
|Shift I||Shift II|
|September 1, 2020||Check Here for Both Shifts|
|September 2, 2020||Check Here||Check Here|
|September 3, 2020||Check Here||Check Here|
|September 4, 2020||Check Here||Check Here|
|September 5, 2020||Check Here||Check Here|
|September 6, 2020||Check Here for Both Shifts|
JEE Main 2020 January Session Paper Analysis
Detailed JEE Main Paper Analysis for all the shifts from January 6 – 9, 2020 is given below.
A basic distribultion of number of questions in terms of difficulty level of B.E/ B. Tech paper of JEE Main January session is tabulated below:
The overall analysis of JEE Main 2020 January B.E/ B.Tech Paper is tabulated below:
|Subject||Easy Level||Medium Level||Difficult Level|
|No. of Questions||Total Marks||No. of Questions||Total Marks||Class 11||Class 12|
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off
JEE Main Cut Off has been released by NTA in online mode. JEE Main Result for January 2020 session has been declared. Qualifying Cut off and Admission Cut off are different for JEE Main 2020. Qualifying Cut off is the minimum score required to sit for JEE Advanced 2020. Admission Cut off is the merit list based on the cut off which is used for the counseling process. The cut off is based on various factors such as the difficulty level of the exam, number of appeared students, category of the candidate, cut off trend over the years and number of candidates applying for a particular course. Check JEE Main Cut Off
Types of JEE Main Cutoff 2020
As listed earlier that the JEE Main 2020 cutoff will be released in two ways : Qualifying Cutoff and Admission Cutoff. You can check the difference between these two and understand how much you need to secure to have a good chance of admission into the participating institutes.
|Point of Difference||JEE Main 2020 -Qualifying Cutoff||JEE Main 2020 - Admission Cutoff|
|Published by||National Testing Agency (NTA)||JoSAA releases the Admission Cutoff on behalf of the participating institutes|
|Released On||Will be released on result portal. Candidates have to log in to check the qualifying cutoff.||Will be released on JoSAA website|
|Purpose||Candidates who meet the qualifying cutoff will be eligible for JEE Advanced. Thus it acts as a screening of candidates for JEE Advanced.||To keep a check that how much minimum marks are required to have higher chances of allotment in the participating institutes.|
|Used for Admission||No||Yes|
JEE Main Qualifying Cutoff 2020
JEE Main 2020 Cut Off has been released by NTA, there is a slight increase for the general category while there is a dip in cutoff for reserved categories as compared to the last year, Category-wise cut off for general category is tabulated below:
|OBC – NCL||72.8887969|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||50.1760245|
|Scheduled tribes (ST)||39.0696101|
JEE Main Cutoff – Trend Analysis
As per the last few years cutoff trends, a steady decrease in the qualifying cutoff can be seen. There can be many factors which resulted in the fluctuation of JEE Main Cutoff like increase in no. of candidates for JEE Advanced which inturn decreased the cutoff, examination getting tougher every year, etc.
Here are some of the stats based on the comparison of cut off marks of JEE Main 2020 and JEE Main 2019, qualifying cut off for most of the categories has dropped in 2020.
- JEE Main 2020 Cut off - General Category has increased from 89 to 90.
- JEE Main 2020 Cut off - OBC Category has decreased from 74 to 73.
- JEE Main 2020 Cut off - SC Category has decreased from 54 to 50.
- JEE Main 2020 Cut off - ST Category has decreased from 44 to 39.
JEE Main 2020 Counselling
Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 has released the counselling schedule, as per the notification released, the counselling will be done in 7 rounds. The registration and choice filling process for admission into the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) will commence from October 6, 2020.. There are three counselling processes for 15% JEE Main All India Seats:
- JoSSA Counselling is done for seat allotment of all IITs, IIITs, NITs and Other Government Funded Technical Institutes.
- CSAB NEUT manages counselling for seats of AICTE approved institutes in India which are not covered under CSAB for the North Eastern States & Union Territories (NEUT).
- CSAB SFTI takes care of counselling for Self-Funded Technical Institutes.
JEE Main Eligibility for Admission to NITs, IITs and CFTIs
Admission to B.Tech / B. Arch / B.E. / B. Planning courses in these institutes will be based on All India Rank with the requirement that the candidate should have attained at least 75% in 12th examination or should have been in the top 20 percentile in 12th.
For SC / ST candidates the requirement is 65% in 12th.
JEE Main Eligibility for Admission to B.Arch
Requirement for architecture course includes passing an examination at the end of qualifying examination with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks aggregate of the qualifying examination.
For B. Planning, the candidate should have attained a minimum of 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate of the qualifying examination.
Subject combinations mandated in the qualifying examination for entry to B.E. / B.Tech, B.Arch and B. Planning courses in IITs, NITs and other CFTIs shall be under:
|Course||Required Criteria based on Class 12th / Equivalent qualifying examination|
|B.E / B.Tech||Passed qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Technical Vocational subject.|
|B. Arch||Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry|
|B. Planning||Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics|
Eligibility for Admission to Other Institutions:
Above mentioned criteria could be adopted by other technical institutions that are going to participate in counselling through CSAB / JoSAA.
In the case that a state plans to admit students into engineering colleges affiliated to State Universities, the state may prepare a completely separate rank list based on guidelines set by them.
JoSAA Previous Year Cutoff Ranks
Candidates can check the institute wise opening and closing rank cutoffs and allotment for 2019 to have an understanding of what to expect from 2020 from the following table:
|JoSAA Counselling Rounds||JoSAA Cutoff Ranks||Institute-wise Allotment|
|I||Round I Cutoff||Check Here|
|II||Round II Cutoff||Check Here|
|III||Round III Cutoff||Check Here|
|IV||Round IV Cutoff||Check Here|
|V||Round V Cutoff||Check Here|
|VI||Round VI Cutoff||Check Here|
|VII||Round VII Cutoff||Check Here|
Top Engineering Colleges in India
Engineering continues to be the most pursued higher education category in India. Therefore it is essential, that if you are studying engineering, it should be from a prestigious institute.
- In the NIRF Rankings of Engineering colleges for 2020, the list of top 10 colleges includes 9 IITs and 1 NIT.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, Tamil Nadu secured the 1st position with the NIRF Score 89.93, followed by IIT Delhi with a score of 88.08.
- With a score of 82.18 IIT Kanpur secured the 4th position, an improvement from last year's 5th position in NIRF Rankings.
- IIT Kharagpur has slipped from the 4th position last year to the 5th position this year.
- National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli also made it to the list securing a NIRF score 64.10 and secured the 9th position in the list of best engineering colleges in the country.
Here is the list of top 10 engineering institutes of the country and along with their NIRF Score and their performance comparison with respect to last year's records:
|Name||State||NIRF Score||NIRF Ranking 2020||NIRF Ranking 2019|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras||Tamil Nadu||89.93||1||1|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi||Delhi||88.08||2||2|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bombay||Maharashtra||85.08||3||3|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur||Uttar Pradesh||82.18||4||5|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur||West Bengal||80.56||5||4|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee||Uttarakhand||76.29||6||6|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Guwahati||Assam||74.90||7||7|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad||Telangana||66.44||8||8|
|National Institute of Technology (NIT) Tiruchirappalli||Tamil Nadu||64.10||9||10|
|Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Indore||Madhya Pradesh||62.88||10||13|
JEE Main 2020 – Admission at NITs
Candidates seeking admission in NITs have to appear in JEE Main 2020 and clear the required cut off which shall be released in the form of ranks. The culture and level of studies at the National Institute of Technology are almost similar to that of IITs. The course fees in NITs are comparatively cheaper to other engineering institutes.
- The admission policy for NIT states is that out of the total number of seats, 50 percent of the seats will be reserved for students of the particular state where the NIT is located.
- The other 50 percent of seats will be granted based on All India Rank (AIR) of students from other states.
- A candidate can avail of a scholarship based on their class XII performance and JEE Main Score.
- It is after 2017 that all NITs have allocated a total number of 19,000 seats for undergraduate programs and 8,050 seats for post-graduate programs.
- Earlier JEE Main score was applicable for admission to NITs, IIITs and CFTIs participating though Central Seat Allocation Board subject to the condition that the candidate should have secured at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective boards. However, this criteria has been dropped by CSAB. For this year candidates who qualify JEE Main 2020 are eligible for admissions to NIT only with their 12th passing certificate irrespective of the marks obtained by them in 12th board examinations.
Top 15 NITs 2019 as per NIRF Ranking
|National Institute Of Technology, Tiruchirappalli||Tamil Nadu||10|
|Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute Of Technology||Gujarat||15|
|Visvesvaraya National Institute Of Technology, Nagpur (Deemed University)-Nagpur||Maharashtra||18|
|National Institute Of Technology, Rourkela-Rourkela||Odisha||19|
|National Institute Of Technology, Karnataka-Mangalore||Karnataka||22|
|Motilal Nehru National Institute Of Technology||Uttar Pradesh||23|
|National Institute Of Technology, Warangal||Telangana||28|
|National Institute Of Technology, Durgapur||West Bengal||30|
|National Institute Of Technology, Calicut||Kerala||35|
|Malaviya National Institute Of Technology, Jaipur||Rajasthan||37|
|Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute Of Technology, Jalandhar||Punjab||42|
|National Institute Of Technology, Kurukshetra||Haryana||48|
|NIT Hamirpur||Himachal Pradesh||51|
|National Institute Of Technology, Agartala||Tripura||52|
Must Read on NITs:
- NIT Delhi, Cut off, Admission, Fees
- NIT Patna – Cut off, Ranking, Admission
- JEE Main Cut off for Top NITs
Low Score in JEE Main? Apply Here
With lakhs of students competing for seats in IITs, IIITs and NITs, it is often that candidates end up not achieving the desired rank. There are a number of prestigious B.Tech colleges, admissions to which is possible without JEE Main Score.
Candidates might choose to take a drop and prepare for the next session. However, sometimes, choosing an alternative college with good placement and faculty records can be a much wiser option. Here is a list of colleges accepting candidates on the basis of other entrance exams, the details are tabulated below:
|Name of the Institute||Admission Process||Number of Seats (approx.)|
|NSIT Delhi||DTU Entrance Exam||775|
|MIT Pune||MHT CET||540|
|MIT Karnataka||MU OET||6,520|
|BMSCE Bangalore||BMSCE Entrance Exam||970|
|R.V. College of Engineering||KEA CET, COMEDK||1,080|
|MSRIT Bangalore||KEA CET, COMEDK||738|
JEE Main Toppers State Wise (January 2020 Session)
Must Read Interviews of JEE Main 2020 Toppers (NTA Score 100)
- JEE Main 2020 Topper Rongala Arun Siddardha
- JEE Main 2020 Topper Landa Jitendra
- JEE Main 2020 Topper Parth Dwivedi
- JEE Main 2020 Topper Chagari Koushal Kumar Reddy
Tabulated below is the list of state-wise toppers of JEE Main 2020 January session including the 9 candidates who received NTA score 100 in B.E/B. Tech paper of JEE Main 2020 for January session:
|Candidate Name||NTA Score||State Code of Eligibility|
|AKSHAT SINGH||97.3286395||ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS|
|LANDA JITENDRA||100.0000000||ANDHRA PRADESH|
|THADAVARTHI VISHNU SRI SAI SANKAR||100.0000000||ANDHRA PRADESH|
|APURBA NATH||96.1831211||ARUNACHAL PRADESH|
|KUNWAR PREET SINGH||99.9972380||CHANDIGARH|
|SHARAD VISHWAKARMA||99.2655484||DADRA AND NAGAR HAVELI|
|JAIN ANMOL RAJESH KUMAR||98.6482824||DAMAN AND DIU|
|NISHANT AGARWAL||100.00000000||DELHI (NCT)|
The list of candidates with 100 NTA score in B. Arch and B. Planning papers is tabulated below:
|Candidate Name||Paper||State Code of Eligibility|
|Kanumuri Bheemeswara Vijay Varma||B. Planning||Andhra Pradesh|
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020
JEE Main 2020 will be conducted through three papers – B.E/ B.Tech, B.Architecture and B.Planning Papers. JEE Main 2020 Exam pattern has undergone some drastic changes this year:
- B. E/ B. Tech Question Paper will have a total of 75 questions of 300 marks, with 25 questions per section - Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.
- JEE Main B. Arch Paper will comprise a total of 77 questions. divided into three sections – Section I - Mathematics, Section II - Aptitude test and Section III - Drawing Test. The Question Paper will be of 400 marks.
- Introduced this year, the question paper of B. Planning shall include 100 questions for 400 marks. The paper will be divided into 3 sections – Mathematics, Aptitude and Planning Based Questions.
- Numeric value answer based questions have been introduced to the paper pattern of all the 3 papers.
- JEE Main Marking Scheme: Correct responses will be awarded with 4 marks each.There will be a deduction of 1 mark for every incorrect MCQ response. There will be no negative marking for incorrect responses in numeric value answer based questions and unattempted questions. Drawing Test in B. Arch paper will have 2 questions for 50 marks each.
How to Approach JEE Main Question Paper? Section-wise Ideal Attempts
With the increasing competition in JEE Main, it is a must for the candidates to set specific targets. Here are some section-wise tips which can assist you in finding the accurate paper attempting approach:
Mathematics: Mathematics level has been easy to moderate for 3 years and topics like Matrices, Vector 3D, Determinants are some of the high scoring topics. Questions from Height and Distance and Trigonometry have not been asked from these chapters in recent years.
A person is likely to score 45-50 marks if he/she attempts 20 questions in Mathematics with 60% accuracy provided the candidate attempts all integer questions(non-negative questions). More emphasis should be laid on attempting integer questions rather than single choice questions.
Physics: For the last 5 years, Physics has been the toughest section of all which includes a lot of lengthy questions. The numerical part of the paper is generally asked from 11th standard whereas the conceptual part is mostly from 12th standard. One must concentrate more on the latter as it is a comparatively scoring part.
With a 70% accuracy, if a candidate attempts 15 questions of the Physics section, he/she can score more than 30 marks.
Chemistry: The Chemistry section is believed to be the easiest one where organic and inorganic questions are more of a conceptual type. These questions should be given more focus due to direct correspondence with respective options.
If a candidate is able to attempt 22 Chemistry questions with 80% accuracy, he/she can score more than 60 marks.
|JEE Main Mathematics Tips and Tricks||Ace JEE Main B. Arch Paper|
JEE Main 2020 Syllabus
JEE Main Syllabus is released by NTA on the official website i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in/ nta.ac.in. Paper 1 Syllabus for JEE Main will cover topics from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Paper 2 Syllabus for JEE Main 2020 covers topics from Aptitude, Drawing, and Mathematics. While that for Paper 3 will be from topics of Mathematics, Aptitude and Planning-based questions. Download JEE Main 2020 Official Syllabus Released by NTA
- JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus: Mathematics syllabus for JEE Main is spread over 16 units. Mathematics Syllabus is common for all the 3 papers.
- JEE Main Physics Syllabus: The physics syllabus for JEE Main 2020 contains two parts. Section A consists of all of the theoretical concepts and carries 80% weightage. On the other hand, section B consists of the practical aspect of the examination (experimental skills) and carries the remaining 20% weightage.
- JEE Main Chemistry Syllabus: Chemistry Syllabus for JEE Main 2020 is divided into three parts Organic chemistry, Inorganic chemistry, and Physical chemistry. Overall, the syllabus is spread over 28 units.
Must Read on JEE Main Syllabus:
JEE Main Syllabus Weightage and Topic-wise Study Notes
For specific guidance of candidates, collegedunia has come up with detailed topic wise notes with extensive research for all the 3 sections – Chemistry, Physics and Maths. Considering candidates are not being able to attend coaching classes, they can go through JEE Main topic-wise notes for better conceptual clarity.
Tabulated below are the notes for the most important topics of JEE Main Syllabus from all the 3 sections along with their weightage in the past trends. Candidates can click on the links to access the notes:
JEE Main Chemistry Notes and Weightage
|Physical Chemistry Chapter||Topic Weightage|
|Some Basic Concepts in Chemistry||7.40%|
|States of Matter||23.20%|
|Redox reactions and Electrochemistry||8.40%|
|Inorganic Chemistry Chapter||Topic Weightage|
|General principles and process of isolation of metals||21.80%|
|Hydrogen and s-Block elements|
|D- and f- Block elements||24.70%|
|Organic Chemistry Chapter||Topic Weightage|
|Polymers and Biomolecules||5.67%|
|Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen||3.00%|
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen||5.67%|
JEE Main Physics Notes and Weightage
|KTG & Thermodynamics||6.67%|
|Work Power Energy||6.67%|
|Laws of motion||3.33%|
|Centre Of Mass||6.67%|
JEE Main Mathematics Notes and Weightage
Must Read for Subject-wise Pattern
JEE Main Official Sample Papers
NTA has published sample question paper for B.Planning, sample paper for numerical value questions and sample numerical questions for Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry section:
|JEE Main B.Planning Paper||Download|
|JEE Main Sample Numeric Value Questions||Download|
|JEE Main Sample Mathematics Numeric Questions||Download|
|JEE Main Sample Chemistry Numeric Questions||Download|
|JEE Main Sample Physics Numeric Questions||Download|
JEE Main 2020 Mock Test
NTA provides official JEE Main Mock test, this can highly beneficial for the candidates in terms of understating the exam pattern. Candidates can access the mock test from the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in
NTA launched Abhyaas app for JEE Main Preparation. Mock test facility is now available in Hindi and English language both as informed by HRD Minister on May 19, 2020. The app has been accessed by lakhs of Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) Main aspirants. Read More
BIE Telangana has launched free online mock tests for JEE Main 2020. Telangana Education Department will hold daily, weekly, and grand mock test series. Considering the ongoing lockdown this will prove to be highly beneficial for candidates. Aspirants can register for free online classes by logging onto tsibe.cgg.gov.in. The test will be available in English and Telugu medium, completely free of cost to all the students. Candidates can also access the mock tests through their smartphones by downloading the mobile application. Register Here
|Know About JEE Main Question Pattern||Download JEE Main Practice Papers|
How to be a JEE Main Topper? – Topper vs Average Students
Listen to this exclusive interview with Pranav Goyal, JEE Main 2018 Topper. He talks about the routine and differentiating factors out of his experience in the field:
JEE Main Preparation Tips 2020
With the nationwide lockdown, candidates all over the country are struggling with the preparation. Amidst the crisis, various digital platforms and assistance from state governments and universities have come up to the rescue of candidates.
Must Read for JEE Main Online Preparation
- Gujarat Board Released Question Banks for JEE Main
- Free Online Video Lectures for JEE Main 2020 Aspirants by IIT Faculty
- Check Subject wise Preparation Tips for JEE Main 2020
Tripura State Government’s Super 30 Programme for JEE Main Aspirants
For the preparation of Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) Main and NEET this year, Tripura state government will sponsor the tution fee for 30 selected medical and engineering aspirants. The list of students will be prepared from a separate draft of 20 SC candidates and 30 ST candidates and 50 general candidates which will be prepared by the board. The selected candidate must have an annual family income less than Rs. 8 Lakh to avail the benefit.
- The Tripura Board of Secondary Education shall prepare the list of students based on the board examination results.
- The scheme will fund up to 30 students based on their marks in the Science subjects in the Madhyamik examinations conducted by Tripura Board.
- Selected students can study at their preferred coaching institute across the nation, which will be sponsored by the state.
- A financial involvement of INR 72 lakhs a year at INR 2.40 lakhs for every candidate is estimated. The scheme is estimated to incur INR 1.44 Crore in the following year.
- The state education minister Ratan Lal Math while through a statement informed that the beneficiaries of the scheme will be selected with the SC and ST reservations included.
|Ace JEE Main Physics Section||Ace JEE Main Chemistry Section||Ace JEE Main Mathematics Section|
Is Coaching necessary to crack JEE Main 2020?
The need for a coaching center to go about the preparation is totally subjective and depends upon the student’s caliber and preference. Coaching centers can provide you with a direction through their guidance and can bring regularity in the study pattern. Your performance will also be constantly analyzed, helping you improve. On the other hand, self study has its own advantages. You can save travelling time, energy and money. In case of self study, be very focused during school lectures and take help your school teachers for doubt clarification.
What Books Should You Read to Prepare for JEE Main 2020?
First of all, go through NCERT books completely at least twice before referring to any other books. NCERT books are considered to be the best source, especially for Chemistry. Also since, the syllabus followed in JEE Main was stipulated by CBSE so NCERT books give you an extra edge. Below is the list of suggested books for all the subjects of JEE Main 2020:
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Mathematics Books for JEE Main Preparation|
|Mathematics for Class 12 (2 Volumes)||R.D Sharma|
|Algebra for JEE Main & Advanced||S.K Goyal|
|Differential & Integral Calculus||N. Piskunov|
|Coordinate Geometry||S.L Loney|
|Physics Books For JEE Main Preparation|
|Concepts of Physics||H.C Verma|
|Problems in Physics||A.A Pinsky|
|University Physics||Freedman and Young|
|Chemistry Books For JEE Main 2020|
|Organic Chemistry||R.K Gupta|
|Concise Inorganic||J.D Lee|
|General Chemistry||Darrell D Ebbing|
|University Chemistry||Freedman and Young|
JEE Main 2020 – Last-Minute Tips
Last days before the exam can be very stressful in terms of strategizing for the exam day. Here are some last minute tips for test takers:
- Candidates appearing for JEE Main must have certain strategies for time management, selection of questions and accuracy.
- All these factors are interdependent on each other and essential for a successful attempt.
- Candidates should have clarity on how many questions they aim to attempt. They should also have a rough picture on what topics they can or can not attempt.
- Aiming to solve the entire paper will only lead to disruption of clarity therefore a sequence of attempting the question paper must be chosen as per one’s own convenience.
- Attempting Chemistry first can be beneficial as the questions can be addressed quicker so aspirants can have more time to attempt Physics and Mathematics sections.
- Candidates must try to attempt graph-based questions as they are easy in terms of attempting. They can be approached with different parameters like inserting values etc to eliminate wrong options.
Collegedunia has come up with an exclusive 15 days revision plan for the aspirants. We know how crucial these last days are, so they must be utilized productively:
JEE Main Brochure (April Session 2020)
JEE Main Brochure or Information Bulletin includes all the relevant information regarding the conduction of the exam for the convenience of aspirants. The brochure is divided into multiple sections ranging from exam eligibility to the admission process.
JEE Main Brochure for April session was released by NTA, candidates must note that the dates and schedule mentioned in the brochure is subject to change, if required. Any changes or updates will be informed to the candidates through the official website.
- Download JEE Main 2020 Official Notification For April Session
- Download JEE Main 2020 Official Notification For April Session in Hindi
JEE Main 2020 Reservation for Economic Weaker Section
Government of India has granted 10% reservation to Economically Weaker Sections which will be applicable in JEE Main 2020. NTA will release a separate category wise merit list and colleges accepting JEE Main score will also reserve 10% additional seats for EWS candidates. To avail this reservation applicants will have to mark them as EWS while filling the category column in JEE Main 2020 application form. The new reservation policy will be as follows:
|Other Backward Class (Non Creamy Layer)||27|
|General – Economically Weaker Section (GEN-EWS)||10|
|Scheduled Castes (SC)||15|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5|
|Person with Disabilities (PwD) (Within Every Category)||5|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
The detailed eligibility for JEE Main 2020 is tabulated below:
|Age Limit Criteria||There is no upper age limit for appearing in JEE Main 2020. Candidates who have passed class 12th or equivalent in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age can appear in JEE Main 2020.|
|Maximum number of Attempts||Candidates can take the exam maximum for 3 years consecutively. Candidates can sit for both January and April sessions, both of these will be counted as a single attempt.|
|Educational Qualification||Candidates who have qualified their XII or equivalent exam in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 are eligible to sit for JEE Main 2020. Candidates must have passed qualifying examination with 50% marks in Mathematics and 50% in aggregate of the QE to sit for B. Planning Paper. B.E/ B. Tech applicants must have passed the qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational Subject. For B. Arch, candidates must have passed the Qualifying Examination with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.|
|Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination||Candidates must have passed their XII or equivalent exam in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 can sit for JEE Main 2020. Candidates who passed class XII or QE in 2017 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2021 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2020.|
JEE Main 2020 Registration Details
- JEE Main Form Correction window for April session was open till July 31, 2020. Read More
- NTA informed the candidates who are also appearing for NDA and NA Examination (I) on September 6, 2020 to update a ‘YES’ in their JEE Main application form to avoid clashes in the exam dates.
- JEE Main Registration for the coming session was reopened on May 19, 2020. The registrations remained active till May 24, 2020.
- Around 9.34 lakh candidates registered for JEE Main 2020 January session. 15, 247 more women registered this year in comparison to the last year.
- A total number of 81,413 registrations have been made from the EWS category, which was introduced this year.
- List of Cancelled Engineering Entrance Exams, Admissions on JEE Main 2020 scores
JEE Main 2020 Examination Day Schedule
Candidates should be aware of the exam day timings, to avoid any last moment chaos, the examination schedule for JEE Main January session was as follows. However, NTA has informed a half an hour variation in the timings of both the shifts of April session as compared to the January session. The morning shift for April session will be held from 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon, and the afternoon shift will be held from 3.00 PM to 6.00 PM.
JEE Main Exam Day Guide
JEE Main exam will be conducted in two sessions. Since the exam is of national importance, candidates must know the paper day guidelines for taking hustle free exam. Below given are some important points that candidates must remember.
- Candidate must bring all the mandatory documents to the exam centre. The mandatory documents are:
- Printed copy of JEE Main Admit Card
- One passport size photograph
- 1 Authorized Photo ID (must be original, valid and non-expired)
- Candidates claiming for the relaxation under PwD category must carry PwD certificate issued by the authorized medical officer to the exam centre.
- Candidates must report to the exam centre 2 hours prior to the commencement of exam.
- There are certain pre-exam formalities that are needed to be completed before the exam.
- Candidates must note that they will not be permitted to enter in the exam hall after 9:00 AM in the first shift and 2 PM in the second shift.
- They must read the instructions mentioned on the admit card carefully.
- No candidate will be allowed to leave the exam centre before the exam duration is over.
- The rough sheet provided to the candidates must be handover to the exam invigilator before leaving the exam hall.
JEE Main 2020 Admit Card
JEE Main Admit Card for the coming session has been released by NTA. Candidates can download their admit card by logging into the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in/ nta.ac.in) using their application number and DOB.
- This year, JEE Main 2020 Admit Card has four pages which includes information about “Important Instructions for Candidates” given on Page No. 2 and an “Advisory for Candidates regarding COVID-19” on Pages No. 3 and 4. Check NTA’s JEE Main Hall Ticket Notice
- Candidates are advised to download the admit card after filling in the online Undertaking of JEE Main September 2020 session and read all the instructions mentioned in the undertaking carefully.
- On the day of the Examination, you have to bring the undertaking given on the Admit Card Page No. 1 along with the one filled online at the time of downloading the Admit Card.
- The hall ticket is a mandatory document that a candidate needs to carry on the exam day along with a valid ID proof.
- It carries important information about the candidate and exam i.e. exam centre’s name and address, exam day instructions, candidate’s photograph and signature and more.
- Candidates must note that separate JEE Main Admit Card will be issued for the candidates appearing in JEE Main January session and April session.
JEE Main 2020 Exam Centers
As per the official notice released by NTA on August 17, 2020 it is stated that JEE Main 2020 will be conducted as scheduled. JEE Main exam centers have been increased from increased from 570 to 660. Odd-Even Rule will be followed when it comes to the seating arrangement.
- Earlier, NTA has provided candidates with the option to change JEE Main exam center city preferences through the form correction window as many candidates have returned home in the pandemic and now can’t take the test from their former listed locations.
- Candidates were given an opportunity to list up to 4 preferences in the exam center category, during filling the JEE Main Application form.
- Candidates are requested to visit the allocated exam center once prior to the actual exam day in order to avoid any last minute chaos. Check List of JEE Main Exam Cities 2020 - State Wise
JEE Main 2020 List of Registered Candidates
NTA has also released the list of registered candidates for the September session. A decrease of 7.12 percent has been noticed in total number of applicants. The paper wise total number of registered candidates are:
|Paper||Total No. of Candidates|
|B. Arch. Only||13609|
|B. Planning Only||699|
|B.E./B.Tech. and B.Arch Both||53520|
|B.E./B.Tech and B.Planning Both||5580|
|B.Arch. and B.Planning Both||2777|
|B.E./B.Tech., B.Arch. and B.Planning All||35973|
JEE Main 2021 - Next Year Plan
- JEE Main 2021 will be conducted according to the new examination pattern which has been introduced in the 2020 session.
- A reservation of 10% will be provided to the Economically Weaker Section in JEE Main 2021. The same is applicable for the colleges accepting JEE score.
- With the delay in this year's processes and CBSE’s 30% syllabus reduction, there has been speculation regarding JEE Main Syllabus reduction for the next year. However no such news has been confirmed by NTA. Read Will JEE Main 2021 Syllabus Be Reduced?
- To avoid the date clashes, JEE Main is held after the board exams of class XII.
- JEE Main Exam Pattern is expected to continue on the lines of the changes introduced recently by NTA.
- The official notification for JEE Main 2021 is expected in the month of September. However as per NTA Director General Vineet Joshi, JEE Main 2021 January session might get delayed depending upon the reopening of schools and the schedule of board exams for the year 2021.
- As per IIT Delhi Director Prof. Ramgopal Rao, the exam dates for January session of JEE Main 2021 can be delayed by a month.
- Considering the exam calendar trend of the previous years, the tentative dates for JEE Main 2021 are tabulated below:
JEE Main Exam Dates 2021 (Tentative)
|Event||January Session||April Session|
|JEE Main Registration 2021||4th week of September, 2020||1st week of February, 2021|
|JEE Main Registration (Closes)||2nd week of October, 2020||1st week of March, 2021|
|Last Date of Application Fee Submission||2nd week of October, 2020||2nd week of March 2021|
|JEE Main Application Form Correction||3rd week of October, 2020||2nd week of March 2021|
|Issue of JEE Main 2021 Admit Card||1st week of December, 2020||3rd week of March, 2021|
|JEE Main 2021 Exam Dates||2nd week of January, 2021||2nd week of April, 2021|
Difference Between JEE Main and JEE Advanced
JEE Main is the eligibility test for appearing in JEE Advanced examination. Some of the highlights with respect to how the two exams differ from each other are tabulated below:
|Particulars||JEE Main||JEE Advanced|
|Number of Attempts||3 (Attempting both the sessions of the same year is counted as 1)||2|
|Candidates Appearing (2020)||9,21,261 (January session)||2,50,000|
|Mode of Language||English, Hindi and Gujrati||English and Hindi|
|Eligibility||Qualified class 12th from a recognized Government Organization||Ranked among top 2,50,000 JEE Main rank holders|
|Number of Papers||3||2|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)||Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi|
- Conducting Body: From 2020 onwards, JEE Main is conducted by NTA. But JEE Advanced is held by one of the seven Zonal Coordinating (ZC) IITs on a rotational basis, under the guidance of JAB every year.
- Eligibility: Top 2.50 Lakh JEE Main qualifying candidates are eligible to appear for the test. NTA defines the JEE Main eligibility on specific criteria such as qualifying exams, passing marks, etc.
- Number of Attempts: A student can appear for JEE Main for 3 consecutive years while for JEE Advanced, he/she can appear for only 2 consecutive times.
- Exam Pattern: NTA defines the exam pattern for JEE Main, whereas there is no fixed pattern for JEE Advanced.
- Syllabus: Unlike JEE main, JEE Advanced includes a few extra topics apart from class 12th syllabus. JEE main does not include some of the topics of JEE Advanced, For e.g. Thermal Physics is included in JEE Advanced but is not asked in JEE main. Similarly, Electrochemistry is included in JEE Advanced but not in JEE main. Read More on JEE Main Vs JEE Advanced
- Difficulty Level: JEE Main is considered to be easier than JEE Advanced as it only tests the candidates on the syllabus of class 11th and 12th. But the competition is very high in JEE Main. However, good marks are required in JEE Main so that one can be in the top 2,50,000 rank holders in order to appear for JEE Advanced.
JEE Main Helpline
Keeping in mind the hardships faced by candidates amidst the COVID-19 epidemic, NTA has come up with an exclusive helpline, candidates can contact the authorities regarding exam-related queries through text messages or SMS services. The helpline shall be operational during 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM. Read More
|NTA SMS Helpline for COVID-19|
|NTA Text Helpline No 1||8178359845|
|NTA Text Helpline No 2||8700028512|
|NTA Text Helpline No 3||9650173668|
|NTA Text Helpline No 4||9599676953|
|NTA Text Helpline No 5||8882356803|
- JEE Main Helpline for Transactions: For transaction related queries, Click Here
- JEE Main Helpline for Mock test: For mock test related queries, contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
JEE Main FAQs
Ques. When will JEE Main Result be declared for September session?
Ans. JEE Main Result has been declared by NTA on September 11, 2020. Candidates can check their result by entering their application number, date of birth, and security pin.
Ques. When will the counselling process begin for qualifiers?
Ans. Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2020 has released the counselling schedule, as per the notification released, the counselling will be done in 7 rounds. The registration and choice filling process for admission into the IITs, NITs, IIITs, and Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) will commence from October 6, 2020.
Ques. When will JEE Main 2020 Answer Key be released?
Ans. NTA has released JEE Main Answer Key for B. Arch and B.Planning papers on September 18, 2020 while the answer keys for B.E/B.Tech have been released on September 8, 2020. Click Here to View
Ques. What items are allowed in JEE Main exam center?
Ans. The list of items allowed in JEE Main exam center are as follows:
- JEE Main Admit Card, ID and other exam related documents.
- Transparent Ball Point Pen
- Additional photograph to be pasted on the attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle.
Ques. Is there any chance of further postponement of JEE Main from September?
Ans. There have been various requests from aspirants and test takers for the further postponement of JEE Main from the current September schedule. But SC has dismissed all the Pleas (the most recent one on September 4) and established that the exam should continue as per the schedule decided by NTA i.e. September 1 – 6, 2020.
Ques. When will the admit card for JEE Main be available?
Ans. JEE Main Admit Card for the coming session has been released by NTA. Candidates can download their admit card by logging into the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in/ nta.ac.in) using their registered email id and password.
Ques. With the economic slowdown due to COVID-19 pandemic, will there be any relief in the fees of NITs and IITs?
Ans. As per the statement of the education minister during his webinar on May 5, 2020, HRD has insisted to NITs and IITs to avoid the yearly fee hike during these times.
Ques. When will JEE Advanced be conducted?
Ans. JEE Advanced will be conducted on September 27, 2020 as confirmed by HRD Minister on July 3, 2020.
Ques. Are there good options for JEE Main Online Classes?
Ans. NTA has provided online video lectures by IIT Faculty and experts for the preparation of JEE Main . The steps to access the video lectures are as follows:
- Visit the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in.
- Click on the “CONTENT BASED LECTURES - FOR JEE MAIN AND NEET-UG BY IIT PROFESSORS / SUBJECT EXPERTS” tab.
- You will be redirected to the page containing the name of different subjects.
- Choose the video lecture by clicking on the subject.
Ques. I missed out on JEE Main Application Forms. Is there anyway for me to apply for the coming session?
Ans. NTA reopened JEE Main Registration for the coming session from May 19 – 24, 2020. Candidates who have had a change of plans and now wish to sit for JEE Main, could apply on the official website i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in
Ques. Can I crack JEE Main without coaching?
Ans. The need for a coaching center to go about the preparation is totally subjective and depends upon the student’s caliber and preference. Coaching centers can provide you with a direction through their guidance and can bring regularity in the study pattern. Your performance will also be constantly analyzed, helping you improve. On the other hand, self-study has its own advantages. You can save traveling time, energy and money. In the case of self-study, be very focused during school lectures and take help from your school teachers for doubt clarification.
Ques. Is JEE Main and JEE Advanced syllabus the same?
Ans. Unlike JEE main, JEE Advanced includes a few extra topics apart from class 12th syllabus. JEE main does not include some of the topics of JEE Advanced, For e.g. Thermal Physics is included in JEE Advanced but is not asked in JEE main. Similarly, Electrochemistry is included in JEE Advanced but not in JEE main.
Ques. JEE Main site is not opening, what should I do?
Ans. If there is an issue with your browser, we suggest you clear your cache and retry. However, any technical issue with the official website will be fixed as soon as possible.
Ques. I am preparing for NATA 2020 as well as JEE Main 2020 for B. Arch. What is the difference between in both the syllabi and the preparations?
Ans. The exam pattern for NATA as well as JEE Main Paper II for B. Arch. is fairly similar which is great news for all the aspirants. JEE Main B. Arch question paper comprises 77 questions in total, there are 3 sections in JEE Main Paper II – Aptitude Test (50 questions), Mathematics (25 questions) and Drawing Test (2 questions).
Ques. Where to check JEE Main Result?
Ans. A simple 4 step process to download the JEE Main Result is as follows:
- Open the official website: nta.ac.in.
- Look for the link that reads “JEE Main 2020 result”.
- Click on the link and provide the details of the Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on the submit button and your JEE Main 2020 score is displayed on the screen.
Ques. What is the weightage of JEE Main Kinematics Questions?
Ans. Kinematics is an essential very chapter not only because its weight age is high but also because it is the most basic chapter of mechanics and can be applied in almost any topic of physics. Candidates must make sure that they have conceptual clarity when it comes to Kinematics.
Ques. Can I edit my category in JEE Main Application Form?
Ans. Yes, you can edit your category in the form during Form Correction. The window for JEE Main application form correction had been reopened till July 31, 2020. Login with Application Number and Password to access the form correction.
Ques. Is JEE Main tough?
Ans. Lakhs of candidates appear for JEE Main every year, the exam is a gateway to top engineering colleges in the country. The level of difficulty of the exam can not be underestimated mainly because of the high level of competition. But with a proper plan, accurate resources and dedication, one can definitely make it to the required rank range.
Ques. How many times can I attempt JEE Main?
Ans. Candidates can appear for JEE Main exam for up to 3 consecutive years. The exam is conducted twice a year, the candidate may appear in both the attempts. Appearing in both the sessions of the same year will be counted as a single attempt.
Ques. I have made a mistake in uploading photo in the application form. How can I edit it?
Ans. In case you have made any mistake while uploading the photograph in the application form, it can be edited during JEE Main Form Correction
Ques. What is the JEE Main deadline for online application forms?
Ans. JEE Main Registrations for the coming session were reopened on May 19, 2020 for candidates who missed out on JEE Main applications earlier and have had a change of plan due to the current scenario. JEE Main Applications were open till May 24, 2020.
Ques. Sir, I am from J&K and I passed class 12th last year with 72%. Am I eligible for JEE Mains and can I get admission in NIT?
Ans. Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020 (minimum 50% marks in PCM). To get admission in NIT, a candidate must secure at least 75% marks in 10+2 Exam (65% for SC/ST category) or be in the top 20 percentiles in the 10+2 exam conducted by respective boards.
Ques. I have submitted more than one form. Will my application be rejected?
Ans. No, the authority will merge both of your applications and on this behalf, they will issue an admit card to you. However, in this case candidates need to send an email to email@example.com providing both the application number and mentioning the application number, they want to consider.
Ques. Who can apply for JEE Main?
Ans. Candidates who have passed Class 12th in 2018, 2019 or appearing in 2020 irrespective of their age are eligible to sit for JEE Main 2020, check detailed eligibility here
Ques. What are the instructions for JEE Main Image size?
Ans. After filling in the online form, candidates are required to scan and upload photographs and signatures as per the defined guidelines by NTA.
- Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
- Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
- Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
Ques. How to Download JEE Main Admit Card?
Ans. Candidates can download JEE Main admit card from the official website i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in using their Application number and password/DOB.
Ques. My transaction failed while paying the application fee. What can be done?
Ans. If you come across this situation then you need to pay the fees again. In case you balance is deducted due to any technical failure then the same would be refunded to your account within 7 to 10 days. If you have made the payment through e-challan then you should quickly contact the concerned bank/branch.
Ques. How can Assam, J&K and Meghalaya candidates apply, having no aadhaar card?
Ans. Candidates who have passed/appearing the class 12th examination from Assam, J&K and Meghalaya states have to enter passport number, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. Identity number. Such candidates have to select the exam city centre in these states itself.
Ques. Can candidates with a Diploma apply for JEE Main?
Ans. Yes, diploma candidates can apply for JEE Main 2020 but only to fulfill the eligibility for JEE Advanced 2020. Diploma holders will not be eligible for admission to NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main channel.
Ques. I am from Nepal. Can I apply for JEE main?
Ques. What is the importance of Organic Chemistry in JEE Main?
Ans. Organic Chemistry has weightage of at least 30-35% of chemistry part in JEE Main. Important topics of organic chemistry are general organic chemistry, alcohol, phenols and ether, aldehydes and ketones.
Ques. I am from Assam and I don't have aadhaar number and passport. Which number should I enter as my identification number?
Ans. If you don't have aadhaar number and passport number then you can enter any one of the followings, ration card number, bank account number or any other valid Govt. identity number.
Ques. Can you suggest the top JEE Main coaching institutes in Delhi?
Ans. You can join any one of these institutes in Delhi- Narayna, Vidya Mandir Classes, Resonance, Aakash, Pi Education, FIIT JEE etc. These will provide you expert guidance.
Ques. How many institutes are participating in JoSSA Counselling this year?
Ans. There a total of 97 institutes (23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 GFTIs) that are participating in JoSSA Counselling 2020.
Ques. I have filled the application form under SC quota and I belong to defence services category as well, how will I be allotted a seat at NIT?
Ans. the seat allocation will be based on SC quota firstly, following which DS category conditions will be applicable. However, you will have to qualify the cut off set for SC quota in the cut off list.
Ques. What is the State of Eligibility for the Improvement Candidates/Institution Abroad/NIOS?
Ans. If a candidate has passed Class 12 or the equivalent qualifying examination from one state but appeared for improvement from another state, their state code of eligibility will be from where they have originally passed Class 12 or the equivalent qualifying examination. Indian nationals passing the equivalent qualifying examination from an institution abroad, their State of Eligibility will be determined based on their permanent address in India as provided in the Passport. Candidate passed/appearing class 12th from NIOS should select the State of Eligibility according to the state in which the study Centre is located. The State of Eligibility is not applicable for the candidates belonging to Nepal /Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO.
Ques. I will clear my Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in 2020. Can I apply for JEE Main 2020?
Ans. Yes, to appear in JEE Advanced, a diploma holder can apply in JEE Main 2020 but their ranks and scores for JEE Main will not be declared as diploma holders cannot apply for admission in NITs and CFTIs through JEE Main.
Ques. What is the admission procedure for admission in BArch course in an IIT through JEE Main 2020?
Ans. Candidates appeared in JEE Main Paper 2 are eligible for admission to B. Arch. Course only in NITs/SPAs other CFTIs (where B.Arch. course is available). For taking admission to B.Arch. in IIT’s, there is a separate procedure for which they should see the respective websites of IITs.
Ques. I forgot to upload the photograph with name and date of taking photograph in JEE Main Application Form. Will my form be rejected?
Ans. No. JEE Main Application Form will not be rejected for uploading the photograph without the name and date of photograph is taken. You will be issued admit card for appearing in the exam without any corrections.
Ques. How much percentage of marks are required to be eligible for JEE Main 2020?
Ans. There is no special criteria of minimum percentage defined for appearing in JEE Main 2020. But for taking admission in NITs, IIITs, IITs and CFTIs through JoSAA Counselling, a candidate must secure a minimum percentage of 75 or be in top 20 percentile in class 12. For SC/ST, the qualifying marks is 65%.
Ques. I am from West Bengal. What are the other engineering entrance exams that I can appear apart from JEE Main 2020?
Ans. Apart from JEE Main, you can appear for BITSAT, COMEDK UGET, VITEEE, MU OET, SRMJEEE, UPSEE, AEEE and WBJEE.
Ques. Do I need to apply to the participating colleges at the time of JEE Main Registration?
Ans. No. There is no provision of applying for colleges during JEE Main Registration. After the declaration of JEE Main Result, candidates must register for JoSAA and CSAB for the counselling.
Ques. Which book can I prefer for JEE Main Paper 2?
Ans. Following books can be preferred for preparing for JEE Main Paper 2: A Complete Self Study Guide for B.Arch 2020 Entrance Examination (English) by P.K Mishra, Arihant Publications Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning Book by R.S. Aggarwal Architecture Entrance Book by P.K. Mishra. B. Arch/ B. Planning Aptitude Test for J.E.E. (Main) - SC Garg Steps to Architecture: B. Arch (NATA/JEE) Main Exam Guide Paperback- 2017 by Nimish Madan NATA & B. ARCH Complete Self Study Material: Entrance Examination -2017 by Ar. Shadan Usmani.
Ques. What are HSC Vocational Courses?
Ans. Different states have different HSC vocational courses. You need to verify them from your respective state.
Ques. Is my thumb impression necessary while filling JEE Main Application Form?
Ans. No, uploading a scanned copy of your thumb impression is not essential during JEE Main Registration.
Ques. What are the responsibilities of NTA/ JEE Main secretariat in JEE Main?
Conduct JEE Main
Seat Matrix Information
Release the results
Verify data entered in Online Form
Ques. Can I change my paper appearing mode from Hindi to English?
Ans. JEE Main 2020 exam will be conducted through online mode only, i.e Computer Based Test. So, Yes, candidates can choose the medium on their screen during the examination.
Ques. By mistake I misspelled my mother’s name and category so can I change it?
Ans. Yes, you can edit your mother’s name and category in the form during Form Correction. The window for JEE Main application form correction will open for a specified period of time. Login with Application Number and Password to access the form correction.
Ques. If I typed my email id incorrectly, will it effect my hall ticket?
Ans. Yes, you cannot get your JEE Main admit card through post. You can only download JEE Main Admit Card from nta.ac.in. In that case, You need to login to the systems with your roll number and password, which are stored on your email, just check in your personal mail id, else send an email on helpline to get your credentials.
Ques. If I give the exam both the times i.e., January as well as in April then will it be considered my 2 attempt or just 1?
Ans. The Number of attempts for admission in particular academic session will be treated as one. It is not necessary to appear the exam twice. This would be optional for the candidate to appears once or twice for the current academic sessions. If the Candidate appears both the test it is better to used both the scores, best of the score would be taken for the merit list.
Ques. I have uploaded the photograph without name and date but I still got the message and any email saying that "your registration is successfully done" is that fine.
Ans. Name of the candidate and date on which the photograph is taken is to be mentioned on the photograph, but in case uploaded photograph does not have name and date, the form will not be rejected and no correction is required in such a case and he/she will be issued admit card for appearing in JEE Main 2020 as usual.
Ques. How can one check the status of application for JEE main?
Ans. To access the form status (or rechecking form), login using application number and password.
- After that, click on Status tab.
Anyone of the following messages will be displayed on the user’s window:
Received – If the application form is successfully submitted
Unsuccessful – If the application form is Incomplete/Rejected/Not Submitted
- In case the confirmation page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to the candidate account within a week and however the candidate has to make another transaction till the confirmation Page is not generated.
- After the confirmation of fee deposited from Bank, the candidate will be able to print the Acknowledgment Page, by login to their account again.
- In case the Acknowledgment Page is not generated, the candidate should contact the concerned bank/branch to update his/her transaction.
- Now safely log-out the window.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College