The JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Syllabus will be released by National Testing Agency along with the brochure on the official website. It comprises of three sections i.e. Mathematics, General Aptitude and Drawing. Check JEE Main Exam Pattern
Last year, the examination authorities introduced a separate paper for B.Plan. Candidates who will appear for B.Planning will have to attempt the Planning section instead of the Drawing section.
- April 20, 2021: JEE Main B.Arch Question Papers slot-wise for previous years available. Download Here
- April 18, 2021: JEE Main April Session Postponed, new dates yet to be released by NTA. Read More
Before preparing for the examination, candidates are advised to go through the syllabus as well as the B.Arch Paper Pattern. It will help the candidates to strategise their study plan accordingly. Knowing the exam pattern and syllabus of JEE Main B.Arch paper will give a deep insight about the topics, mode of the examination, what type of questions can be asked in the exam.
JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Syllabus- General Aptitude
The Aptitude Test will analyse the candidate’s verbal, abstract/conceptual reasoning skills and numerical reasoning. The JEE Main B.Arch section comprises two parts. Candidates can refer to the topics mentioned below for preparing for Aptitude Test.
|Part 1||Awareness of Persons, Objects, Places, Buildings, Materials, Texture related to Architecture and build-environment, Visualizing different sides of three-dimensional objects, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings, Analytical Reasoning Mental Ability (Visual, Numerical and Verbal).|
|Part 2||Three dimensional- perception : Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, building forms and elements, colour texture, harmony and contrast. Design and drawing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil, Transformation of forms in both 2 D and 3 D union, subtraction, rotation, development of surfaces and volumes, Generation of Plan, elevations and 3 D views of objects, Creating two-dimensional and three-dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms. Sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (public space, festivals, market, street scenes, monuments, recreational spaces, etc), landscape (riverfronts, jungles, trees, plants, etc) and rural life.|
Note: Candidates are advised to bring pencils, erasers, colour pencils, crayons and own geometry box for the Aptitude Test.
Topic wise Weightage of General Aptitude Section
|Important Topics for Aptitude||Weightage|
|Awareness of persons, places, Building, Materials||2-3%|
|Objects, texture related to Architecture and build-environment||2-3%|
|Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings||3-4%|
|Visualizing Different sides of 3D objects||3%|
|3D- Perception and Appreciation of scale and proportion of objects||2-3%|
JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Syllabus- Drawing
Basically, Drawing Test of JEE Main Paper 2 is based on the designing ideas. Check JEE Main B.Arch Syllabus for Drawing section tabulated below:
|Serial Number||Topic Name|
|1||Drawing and Designing of geometrical or abstract shapes and patterns in pencil|
|2||Transformation of forms both 2D and 3D union|
|3||Development of Surfaces and Volumes|
|4||Generation of Plan|
|5||Creating 2D and 3D compositions using given shapes and forms|
|6||Elevation and 3D views of objects rotation|
|7||Sketching of activities from memory of urban scenes|
JEE Main B.Arch Syllabus- Mathematics
|Sets, relations and functions||Sets, roster and set builder form of sets, Types of sets, subset, the proper and improper sets, Power set, universal set, union of sets, complement of sets, De-morgan’s Law, Ordered pairs, cartesian product, Relation, number of relation, types of relation, Functions, image, and Pre-image, Types of functions, Composition of function, condition for composite function, the property of a composite function, The inverse of a function|
|Complex numbers and quadratic equations||Algebra of complex numbers, Modulus and argument of complex numbers, The complex conjugate of complex numbers and properties of complex numbers, Polar form representation and Euler form, Finding the square root of complex numbers and complex equations, De-moivre’s theorem, cube root and nth root of unity, Vector representation and rotation, The discriminant of quadratic equation, Nature of roots, the relation of coefficient and roots, Transformation of quadratic equations and condition of common roots.|
|Matrices and Determinants||Matrix and operation on matrices, Types of matrix, Transpose of a matrix, symmetric and skew-symmetric matrix, Conjugate of matrix, hermitian and skew-hermitian matrix, Determinant of matrix, Minor and cofactor of an element of matrix/determinant, Adjoint and inverse of a matrix, Elementary row operations and use in finding the inverse of a matrix, System of linear equations and Cramer’s Rule, System of homogeneous linear equations|
|Permutations and Combinations||Fundamental Principle of Counting, Permutations as an Arrangement, Combinations as Selections, P (n,r) and C (n,r), Application of Permutation and Combination.|
|Mathematical Induction||Principle of Mathematical Induction and it’s Simple Application, Principle of Mathematical Induction.|
|Binomial Theorem and its simple applications||Binomial Theorem for Positive Integral Index, Pascal’s Triangle, General Term, Middle Term, Properties and Application of Binomial Theorem.|
|Sequence and Series||Sequences, Arithmetic and Geometric Progression, Arithmetic and Geometric Mean, Harmonic Progression, Sum up to n terms, Arithmetic-geometric series.|
|Limit, Continuity and differentiability||Limits of a function, Properties of limits, Limits of polynomials and rational functions, Continuity of a function at a point, Discontinuity, Continuity of Composite Functions, Differentiability, Algebra of derivatives, Rolle’s Theorem, Mean Value Theorem (Lagrange).|
|Integral Calculus||Introduction, integration as the inverse function of differentiation, Indefinite integral and properties of indefinite integral, Comparison between definite and Indefinite integral, Methods of integration, Integration by substitution, Integration using trigonometric identities, integration by partial fractions, integration by parts, Integrals of some particular function, Integrals of some special types, Definite integral and its properties, The fundamental theorem of calculus, Evaluations of definite integral by substitution.|
|Differential equations||Order and Degree of a Differential equation, General and Particular solution, Formation of differential equations, Methods of solving different types of differential equations.|
|Coordinate Geometry||Directrix, Latus Rectum, Slope and gradient, Focus and Eccentricity, Angle between two intersecting lines, their intersection points, parallel lines and collinear lines are the important terms of Coordinate Geometry.|
|Three dimensional Geometry||Coordinate of a point in space, distance formula, Direction cosine and Direction ratio, The angle between two intersecting lines, Skew lines and the shortest distance between two lines, Equation of line and plane, The intersection of line and plane.|
|Vector Algebra||Vector (Position Vector, Direction cosine), Types of vector, Vector Algebra, Detection Formula, Product of two vectors (Scalar and Vector product).|
|Statistics and Probability||Independent Events, Dependent Events, Conditional probability, Random variables, etc.|
|Trigonometry||Trigonometry Function and their Identities, Trigonometry Equation, Inverse Trigonometry.|
|Mathematical Reasoning||Statements and types of statements, Basic logical connectives, conjunction, and disjunction, Negation, Conditional statements, The Contrapositive of conditional statements, the converse of conditional statements, Biconditional statements, Quantifiers, Validity of statements.|
JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Exam Schedule
JEE Main B.Arch paper 2021 will be conducted over two shifts:
|Shifts||Exam Start (tentative)||Exam End (tentative)|
|Shift 1||9:30 AM||12:30 PM|
|Shift 2||2:30 PM||5:30 PM|
JEE Main 2020 B.Arch Paper Analysis
We must take a look at last year’s paper in order to get a better understanding of how the paper might look this year.
- According to JEE Aspirants and experts, JEE Main B.Arch 2021 paper was easy to moderate difficulty level.
- It comprised of three sections i.e. Mathematics, General Aptitude, and Drawing. The time duration was three hours long in which 60 minutes were allotted to each section.
- The Mathematics section had 25 questions while the Aptitude and Drawing section had 50 and 2 questions respectively.
- Most of the aspirants found the Mathematics section more difficult than the rest of the sections. Candidates also stated that the questions asked in the exam were the tricky ones in this section.
- In the General Aptitude section, there were questions like explaining 3D image, viewing the structure of a building from the top and having to match it with the options.
- It had questions on mental ability and there were a few questions from theories.
- Whereas, in the Drawing section, the candidates had to draw a gymnast and then use cylinders to make a composition.
- In 2019, the Mathematics section of the JEE Main B.Arch paper was easier. According to the students, the questions were difficult as well as tricky in 2020.
JEE Main B.Arch 2021 Recommended Books
|A Complete Self-Guide for B.Arch Entrance Examination||P.K. Mishra (Arihant)|
|Verbal and Non-verbal Reasoning Book||R.S. Aggarwal|
|Complete Architecture Entrance Guide||Ashok Goel and Arjun Kamal|
|B.Arch/NATA/JEE Main- Offline Drawing Test||Nimish Madan|
|Mathematics XI & XII||R.S. Agarwal|
|Elementary Mathematics||DoroFeev, Potapov|
|Higher Algebra||Hall & Knight|
JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Exam Pattern
National Testing Agency has revised the exam pattern of JEE Main B.Arch paper. It consists of various details like, mode of the examination, duration of exam, number of questions, marking scheme, etc. Students are advised to check JEE Main B.Arch exam pattern before appearing for the examination:
- Mode of Exam: JEE Main B.Arch paper comprises of three sections i.e. Mathematics, General Aptitude and Drawing. The drawing section will be conducted in offline mode only i.e. pen and paper based. However, Mathematics and Aptitude sections will be conducted in Online mode only i.e. Computer Based Test
- Types of Questions: The Question paper will consist of MCQs and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) both.
- Marking Scheme: Candidates will be awarded 4 marks for each correct answer whereas 1 mark will be deducted for the incorrect answer.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the exam will be 3 Hours.
- Total number of questions: The total number of questions asked in the exam will be 77.
- Language of the exam: Hindi, English and Gujarati (only for centers in Gujarat, Daman and Diu, and Dadra and Nagar Haveli).
How to Crack JEE Main B.Arch Paper?
JEE Main B.Arch Paper has a very tough competition in India and requires a lot of hard work to prepare for it. Every year lakhs of students appear for the entrance examination. Along with the hard work it also requires smart preparation. That’s why it’s important to learn tips and tricks that will certainly help you in increasing your speed and accuracy in the paper. Given below are a few tips to help you in JEE entrance exam.
- Build a proper study plan: Usually, aspirants spend a lot of time on planning their studies, but they do not really execute them. Not executing the study plan eventually gives them half of the result as compared to what they expected. Planning is not just about preparing a study time table. Rather, prepare an effective plan that can be executed successfully. If you are not motivated to do what you are planning then definitely it is not going to work.
- Analyse your strengths and weaknesses: When you start the preparation, you come across your strengths and weaknesses. It gives you an opportunity to work on your weak areas and bring forth your strengths. Working with your full potential will certainly help you to get higher ranks in the exam.
- Practice Previous year question papers/sample papers: It is always advised to practice thoroughly. Sometimes examiners try to put questions in a tricky way in order to confuse the students about what is exactly being asked. There will be all sorts of tricks in play and it’s important for you to develop the ability to see through them and develop a clear understanding of the questions.
- Plan how you will approach the exam: Before you appear for JEE Main B.Arch Paper, the most important aspect is to prepare the strategy on how you will approach the paper. As you do not have to attempt the questions as they have been numbered. Attend the paper in such a way that you do not waste your time in trying to solve the question that you are finding difficulty in. It would be better to start with the questions you are confident about.
- Keep a positive attitude and balanced mindset: It is important for JEE Main architecture aspirants to keep a healthy mind set before appearing for the examination. With a clear mindset you will be able to concentrate and solve the questions with a positive mindset. Even if you find difficulty in solving a question, you won't lose your balance and it will help you to avoid negative effects.
JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Syllabus FAQs
Question: What type of questions are asked in the drawing section?
Ans. For drawing section, the candidates will have to prepare topics such as sketching of scenes and activities from memory of urbanscape (festivals, market, street scenes, recreational spaces, monuments, public space, etc), landscape (river fronts, trees, plants, jungles, etc) and rural life.
Question: I want to attempt JEE Main 2021 Paper 2 (B.Arch). What are the subjects that are included in Paper 2?
Ans. For the B.Arch paper, candidates need to study Mathematics, General Aptitude and Drawing Skills. NTA releases the syllabus for the students to know which topics have to be studied for the preparation of the exam.
Question: In which mode will JEE Main Paper 2 be conducted?
Ans. The entrance examination will be conducted in Online mode. However, the drawing section will be held in offline mode.
Question: Which topic has the most weightage in the general aptitude section?
Ans. Based on previous years trends, visualizing three dimensional objects from two dimensional drawing has the most weightage in the JEE Main B.Arch aptitude section
Question: What are the languages in which I can take JEE Main 2021 B.Arch?
Ans. JEE Main B.Arch can be taken in English, Hindi and Gujrati ( on in centres in Gujarat, Daman and Diu, Dadra and Nagar haveli)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.