- JEE Main Practice Papers
- JEE Main Question Papers
- Physics Question Papers
- Chemistry Question Papers
- Maths Question Papers
- B.Arch/B.Plan Papers
- Test Series
JEE Main 2021 mock tests are available at the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in. Candidates can take mock tests online or they can also download the mock test. There are more than 30 mock test options available for Paper I and Paper II of JEE Main 2021
Mock Tests are the replica of real examinations and to get more information about the difficulty level, type of questions, etc. candidates must take 10-15 mock tests before the examination. Read the article to know more about how to take mock tests, what are the benefits of mock tests, and much more. Check JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
JEE Main 2021 Mock Test Exam Pattern
- JEE Main Mock Test comprises 25 questions each from physics, chemistry, mathematics.
- All questions are of the multiple-choice type with a single correct answer.
- The total time duration of the mock test will be 3 hours.
- Candidates will get +4 marks for the correct answer.
- There will be a negative marking of -1 mark for incorrect answers.
- The maximum marks are 300.
- JEE Main Syllabus is based on Class 10+2 topics as per NTA guidelines.
JEE Main 2021 Official NTA Mock Test
JEE Main mock tests are available at the official website of NTA. Candidates can follow the simple steps given below to access the official mock tests for JEE Main.
How to Access JEE Main NTA Mock Test?
Step 1: Visit the Official Website
- Visit the Official website of NTA i.e nta.ac.in
- Then click on the “Student” tab or button present on the top.
- A dropdown will appear and you have to click on “Mock Test”
Step 2: Select Subject and Paper
- After clicking on “Mock Test” a new window will appear.
- There you have to select JEE Main as your paper.
- Also, you have to select one paper for the mock test.
Step 3: Log in for Online Mock Test
- Enter the valid login details to start the test.
- After login, a general instructions window will appear. Candidates are advised to read all the instructions carefully before starting the test.
- Click on “I Agree” and your JEE Main online mock test will start.
Options in JEE Main 2021 Online Mock Test
- The first question will appear on your screen and if you are confident about your answer then click on the “save and next” tab. After that, the next question will be displayed on the screen.
- If a candidate is not confident about his/her answer then he/she can select any question from the questions palette available on the right-hand side of the screen.
- In the case of doubts you can also click on the tab “Mark for Review & Next”. This way you can review your answer later for those particular questions.
- If a question is answered and “Marked for Review” during the real examination and you forget to change or delete your response, then your current response will be considered final.
- In case the candidate does not choose any option, then the answer to that question will not be saved.
Status of Answers/Questions in JEE Main Mock Test
|Color on Question Number||What does it Mean?|
|Gray||You have not visited the question yet|
|Red||You have not answered the question|
|Green||You have answered the question|
|Purple||You have not answered the question, but have marked it for review|
|Purple with a green tick||You have answered the question but marked it for review.|
JEE Main 2021 Mock Test Important Instructions
- The total time duration of the online mock test is 180 minutes.
- When you click on “I Agree” your test will begin and timer or clock will start. The timer will be available at the top right corner of the screen. Candidates can check the time left for the exam to be completed.
- The question palette will be available on the right side of the screen.
- On this palette you can check the status of the questions.
- Once the time is over the test will end or submit automatically. In the end screen, the total number of questions attempted by the candidates will be displayed.
- All calculations/writing work is to be done only in the rough sheet provided at the center and after completion of the test candidates need to hand over the rough sheets to the invigilator present in the examination hall.
JEE Main 2021 Slot Booking
- The candidates giving JEE Main 2021 are offered an opportunity to practice the test beforehand and book the slot for the test practice.
- The candidates can register and book the Test Practice Center (TPC) by visiting the official website and once a slot is booked, a confirmation SMS will be sent on the registered mobile number.
- The link to register for the Test Practice Center booking is available at the official website of NTA. The candidates need to follow the below-mentioned steps to book the slot for practice test/ mock test.
What are the steps for JEE Main Slot Booking 2021 for TPCs?
- Step 1: Visit the official website of NTA i.e. nta.ac.in
- Step 2: Click on the “Student” tab and then click on “Register for Mock Test at TPC”.
- Step 3: The candidates can select either a Gmail or Facebook option to log in. Now you can enter your Gmail or Facebook login details.
- Step 4: Once the login details have been mentioned, click on the Gmail/ Facebook link that appears on the screen.
- Step 5: A new login page will become visible on the screen asking you to provide your personal, contact, academic, and exam details. Click on “Bookings” to book the slot. Select your preferred date of mock test and enter the pin code.
- Step 6: Personal details: First name (already filled), last name (already filled), father name, gender, date of birth, age, upload passport size photo and upload photo id proof. The candidates need to mention email address, mobile number, residential address, state, district, city and pin code.
- Step 7: Choose the test center as per your preference from the list of options provided in the drop-down menu.
- Step 8: Click on “Confirm Booking” to successfully book your slot.
Based on the choices provided by the candidates, the authority will consider a TPC. After the booking is confirmed, a SMS and an email will be sent on the registered mobile number/ email id of the candidates giving the details of the exam center and date. The SMS will be received at least two days before the mock test date. In case the center is not approved, you will get a message asking to reschedule the test.
JEE Main Free Mock Test
Most of the candidates pay heavy fees to coaching institutes to get or to take the online mock test. But NTA is providing the free mock test to candidates without any fee. When a candidate visit the official website they will get 3 options:
- Mock Test
- Download Mock Test
- Register for Mock Test @TPC
Candidates can opt for all the 3 options available or they can choose one as per their preference. If a candidate downloads the mock test then he can take that test at any time. Moreover, candidates also need an internet connection to access or to take the mock test that they have downloaded. Also candidates can register for Mock Test at TPC i.e. Test Practice Center. Here candidates have to register and select the date, time, test, center, etc before taking the mock test.
JEE Main Online Test Series
- Mock tests, sample papers, and previous year question papers have a significant effect on your preparation for the exam day.
- Mock tests help the students in time management and boosts their confidence.
- The biggest benefit of attempting mock tests and sample papers is that they prepare you for any kind of question – tough, easy, lengthy, tricky or a surprise question, you will be ready for it.
Also, Apart from NTA Official mock tests, there are various online test series available to boost your preparation. Some of the best online test series are:
National Testing Abhyas app was launched by the Union HRD Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal as an effort to help the JEE aspirants to prepare for the entrance examination. The app has been downloaded by more than 2 lakh students in the initial 72 hours of its launch. The main purpose of the app is to help those students who do not have access to private coachings.
The app provides free mock tests to students who are aspiring to appear for the JEE examinations and helps them get a stronghold on their concepts. The app also helps students know their weak points and work towards improvement. Read More on National Testing Abhyaas App
Gujarat Board Question Banks
Gujarat State Board has released the question bank for the state level entrance test, GUJCET and national level entrance test for four subjects, mainly, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology which will help candidates to get prepared for the entrance test to get an idea of the questions asked in the entrance examination. Candidates can visit the official website of the board and download the question papers easily.
The question banks are available in Gujarati and English language. Chapter-wise question papers have also been framed for the aspirants.The question bank will help the candidates develop an accurate approach for handling questions asked in JEE Main, NEET and GUJCET 2021.
Direct links for download of question banks:
BIE Telangana Online Test Facility
BIE Telangana has launched a unique platform that provides free online mock tests for candidates who are appearing for JEE Main
- Telangana State Education Department will hold daily, weekly, and grand mock tests series for candidates.
- BIE has also launched a smartphone application (android app). With the help of this application candidates can take the mock tests conveniently using their phones.
- To take benefit of this facility you have to register yourself at tscie.rankr.io
- For registration, candidates have to provide their name, college name, category, and mobile number.
- After successful registration candidates can use their valid login credentials to take the online mock test.
- The mock tests are specially designed for students who are taking JEE Main 2021 and other exams like NEET.
- The mock test will be available in English and Telugu medium.
- Candidates can take the test without payment of fees.
Benefits of JEE Main 2021 Online Mock Test
Candidates spend hours preparing for JEE Main and mock tests play an important role during the time of preparation.
- With the help of JEE Main Online Mock Test, candidates get familiar with the actual exam pattern.
- Candidates can get an idea about their strengths and weaknesses after attempting the mock test.
- They can assess their performance for future improvement.
- With the help of JEE Main mock test you can gain speed and maintain accuracy. Both speed and accuracy are very important to score high.
- After solving one or more online papers, candidates can get an idea about the level of difficulty, type of questions, weightage of sections, etc. This will help you in preparing well for the exam.
As we all know that these mock tests are free of cost hence all the candidates are advised to incorporate the mock test in their last one month’s preparation plan. Moreover, by solving the mock test you can get a better understanding of how to manage time better in solving multiple-choice questions which is a very important factor in the real examination. Mock tests prove to be very helpful in cracking the exam.
JEE Main 2021 Mock Test FAQs
Question: Why should I take JEE Main 2021 Mock Test?
Ans. JEE Main 2021 Mock test will help you in getting a better understanding of exam pattern, marking scheme, the difficulty level of questions, and much more. By practicing mock tests you can gain speed and maintain accuracy. Both speed and accuracy are very important to score high.
Question: How can I check my result or responses after taking the mock test?
Ans. Your responses will be displayed after the completion of the mock test. After checking your responses candidates can get an idea about their strengths and weaknesses and can work hard to clear all those concepts in which they are weak.
Question: How many mock tests should I take before appearing for JEE Main 2021?
Ans. All the candidates are advised to take at least 10 to 15 mock tests before appearing for the real examination. By solving the mock test you can get a better understanding of how to manage time better in solving multiple-choice questions. Also, you will get an idea about the level of difficulty, type of questions, weightage of sections, etc. This will help you in preparing well for the exam.
Question: What is the right time to take a mock test?
Ans. The right time to take the mock test is when candidates have totally completed the syllabus as prescribed by the authorities. If you take a mock test when only half of the syllabus is covered then you cannot assess your actual level of performance. Hence candidates are advised to take the mock test after completing the syllabus.
Question: What are some good sources for JEE Main 2021 mock tests?
Ans. The Abhyas app and Gujarat board question bank are some good sources for JEE Main 2021 mock tests.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.