JEE Main has constantly been the most opted engineering entrance test all over the nation. Students looking forward to pursuing engineering as a career option appear for JEE Main at least once in their academic career. Phase III of JEE Main 2021 has been postponed due to high rise of COVID-19 cases in the country.
- April 18, 2021: JEE Main April Session Postponed, new dates yet to be released by NTA. Read More
- April 14, 2021: JEE Main Admit Card for April session to be released soon. Check Here
- Mar 26, 2021: NTA shall refund any duplicate fee for JEE Main 2021 post the May session. Check Official Notice
- Mar 19, 2021: JEE Main 2021 B.Arch Admission Criteria Relaxed for 2021-22. Check Here
Table of Contents
JEE Main Registration 2021 and Fee Payment
With the release of JEE Main application form, candidates are required to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Step 1: Candidates are required to enter their Personal Details and Contact Details, and choose a password for their account.
- Step 2: Filling in of Personal Information like Nationality, State code of Eligibility, Preferred Exam Centers, Medium of Question Paper, Education Details, Parents Income Details etc.
- Step 3: Uploading of Photograph and Signature as per given specifications.
- Step 4: Payment of Application Fee
Once the candidate has completed all aforementioned steps, s/he will be directed to pay the requisite JEE Main application fee according to their category. Payment can be done only in online mode. Candidates will have to click on the button “Proceed for Payment” to proceed with the process. However, this can be done in synchronization with earlier steps or later on by logging into respective accounts.
After choosing the Online Payment option, a window with the candidate's details will appear wherein they will be required to select the preferred payment gateway and proceed. Candidates are advised to check the Transaction charges for each Payment Gateway, details for which have been provided below.
Fee payable for JEE (Main)* - Category wise Fee Structure
JEE Main application fee varies for candidates based on certain parameters like:
- Number of papers opted by the candidate
- Social category to which the candidate belongs
- Sex of the candidate
- Preferred JEE Main examination center is in India or abroad
JEE Main Application Fee (For Exam Centres in India)
|JEE Main 2021 B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||Boys - Rs. 650 Girls - Rs. 325||Boys - Rs. 325 Girls - Rs. 325|
|Both JEE Main 2021 B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch or B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning or B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planning or B.Arch & B.Planning||Boys - Rs. 1300 Girls - Rs. 650||Boys - Rs. 650 Girls - Rs. 650|
JEE Main Application Fee (For Exam Centres in Foreign Countries)
|JEE Main 2021 B.E./B.Tech or B.Arch or B.Planning||Boys - Rs. 3000 Girls - Rs. 1500||Boys - Rs. 1500 Girls - Rs. 1500|
|Both JEE Main 2021 B.E./B.Tech & B. Arch or B.E./B.Tech & B. Planning or B.E./B.Tech, B. Arch & B.Planning or B.Arch & B.Planning||Boys - Rs. 6000 Girls - Rs. 3000||Boys - Rs. 3000 Girls - Rs. 3000|
*Processing charges and Goods & Service Taxes (GST) are to be paid by the candidate, as applicable.
Modes of Payment for JEE Main Registration Fees
Candidates who are willing to appear for JEE Main can make the payment of the registration fee by using either Debit Card or Credit Card or even Net Banking. Candidates can even use UPI and PayTM to mark successful payment of JEE Main registration fee.
Since the entire application process for JEE Main is online, payment of registration fees is also done via online mode only. To make use of any of the payment methods mentioned above, the candidate has to select the preferred option (Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/UPI/PayTM) to pay the application fee and then follow the online instruction to complete the payment of fee.
After successful payment of JEE Main application fee, candidates will be able to print the Confirmation Page. In case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is cancelled and the amount will be refunded to the candidate's account. However the candidate has to make another transaction, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
Points to keep in mind while paying through Debit Card/ Credit Card/ Net Banking
While making JEE Main registration fee via Debit Card, Credit Card or Net Banking, candidates need to:
- Check the validity of the Debit/ Credit Card and keep it ready with them while logging on to the website for submitting the application form. Candidates should enter the information asked for and make payment through Debit/ Credit Card.
- Through Net Banking, candidates should check the balance in their account and keep all credentials ready with them while logging on to the website for submitting the application form. Candidate should Login with his/her credentials of net banking and make payment through Net Banking.
Transaction Charges for JEE Main Registration Fee Payment Gateways
Below given are the details of transaction charges involved with each payment gateway (Service/Processing charges per transaction & GST (applicable @ 18 %) to be paid by the candidate):
|S.No.||Mode of Payment||ICICI BANK||HDFC BANK||SYNDICATE BANK||STATE BANK OF INDIA||PAYTM|
|1||Net Banking||ICICI||NIL Charge||HDFC||NIL Charge||Syndicate Bank||NIL Charge||SBI||Rs 5.00+GST||Rs 4 +GST|
|Other Banks||4.00 + GST||Other Banks||4.00 + GST||Other Banks||5.00 + GST||Other Banks|
|2||All Debit Card||ICICI or Other Banks||Transaction upto Rs 2000/-||0 %||HDFC or Other Banks||Transaction upto Rs 2000/-||0 %||Syndicate Bank or Other Banks||Nil Charge||Nil||Transaction upto Rs 2000/-||0 %|
|Transaction Above Rs 2000/-||0.5 % + GST||Transaction above Rs 2000/-||0 %||Transaction above Rs 2000/-||0.8 % + GST|
|3||Credit Card||Domestic||0.40%of Transaction value||Domestic||0.40% of Fee + GST||Domestic||0.40% of Fee + GST||Domestic||0.80% of Fee+ GST (Minimum Rs 11/-)||Domestic||0.4%+GS T|
|International||2.35%of Transaction value||International||Nil Charge||International||2.35% of Fee+ GST||International||3.50% of Fee+ GST (Minimum Rs 11/-)||International||1.5%+GS T|
|4||Unified Payment Interface (UPI)||ICICI or other banks||Transaction upto Rs 2000/-||0 %||Nil Charge||-||-||Transaction upto Rs 2000/-||0 %|
|Transaction above Rs 2000/-||5.0 % + GST||Transaction above Rs 2000/-||0.65 % + GST|
|-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||PAYTM Wallet Charge||0.8%+GS T|
|-||PAY USING ICICI||PAY USING HDFC||PAY USING SYNDICATE||PAY USING SBI||PAY USING PAYTM|
How to check JEE Main Fee Payment status?
Once the candidate has made payment for JEE Main, s/he can check the status of fee payment by clicking on the payment button. If the payment is successful, a confirmation message will be given and candidates are advised to download and save the print out of the confirmation page. (Sample image of the confirmation page is given below)
A print out of the confirmation page should be taken only if the payment status reflects “OK”. However, if the payment status has not been confirmed, then the candidates will have to follow the given point:
- For Online Payment - Candidates will have to pay the fees again since it means that the earlier payment was not successful. The fee paid earlier will be refunded within seven days.
With successful payment of JEE Main Registration Fee, candidates will be able to appear for the test at the specified date and time mentioned in the JEE Main Admit Card.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.