NTA has released JEE Main Results 2019 on its portal (jeemain.nic.in) on January 19, 2019. Enter your Roll No. and DOB (dd/mm/ yyyy) to check your results, announced in the form of a scorecard.
Direct link to Download JEE Main Score Card
- NTA has released JEE Main Answer Keys & Recorded responses of Paper 1 and 2.
- The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys. Check JEE Main Cut off
- After the declaration of result, the data is handed over to CSAB/ JoSSA or the concerned State government/ institute for Seat allocation and admission procedure. Read about JEE Main Counselling
- JEE Main Result will be declared online only. No scorecard will be separately dispatched to the candidates.
- The use of class 12 marks in ranking for preparing JEE Result 2019 has been discontinued. Read about JEE Main Marks Vs Ranks
Latest B.Tech Application Forms Available
Latest – The hall ticket/ admit cards for January session is available on the portal till the exam date. Download Now
Read on to know more about the result declaration procedure, scorecards, rank calculation formula and FAQs.
Highlights of JEE Main Result
- Only the score obtained in JEE Main 2019 paper 1 or paper 2 is included while releasing JEE Main Rank list name wise.
- The result of JEE Main 2019 also shows whether the candidate has qualified for JEE Advanced or not, subject to meeting other eligibility criteria.
- Maximum score for paper 1 is 360 marks.
- Maximum score for paper 2 is 390 marks.
Marks obtained in Paper 1 = Number of correct answers x 4 – Number of incorrect answers x 1.
Marks obtained in Paper 2 = Number of correct answers in Maths and Aptitude Test x 4 – Number of incorrect answers in Maths and Aptitude Test x 1 + marks obtained in Drawing Test.
Class 12 marks are not considered for calculating normalized scores, as decided by NTA (earlier CBSE).––
For candidates to qualify for admission to IITs/ NITs/IIITs or GFTIs, should score a minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST) in class 12th
or be in top 20 percentile in class 12th
Top 2 lac 24 thousand candidates qualifying JEE Main 2019 paper can appear for JEE Advanced
, scheduled in June 2019. Know more
JEE Main Result Date 2019
As the exam will be conducted in two phases i.e. in January and April 2019, the schedule is as follow:
|Event||January Session||April Session|
|JEE Main Paper 1 & 2||January 8 – 20, 2019|
(8 different sittings, choose any 1)
|April 6 – 20, 2019|
(8 different sittings, choose any 1)
|Mains Result Date||January 31, 2019||April 30, 2019|
CheckJEE Main 2019 Key Dates
How to Check JEE Main 2019 Result?
Like last year, Google will come with the direct link for checking JEE Main Results online. Just type “JEE Main Result” in google search and the following page will appear.
Now, enter the JEE Main Roll Number and Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy) and get the result.
Steps to check result of JEE Main 2019 and downloading the scorecard are mentioned below:
Step 1: Visit the official website of NTA or JEE Mains to check result of JEE Main 2019.
Step 2: Search for JEE Main 2019 Result and click on it
Step 3: Enter Roll Number and Date of Birth on JEE Main login page
Step 4: Verify and submit the details to check JEE Main Result 2019
Step 5: Save and download JEE Main result 2019 and score card for future correspondence.
The page showing result of JEE Main will have candidate’s personal details like roll no., name, date of birth, father’s name, category and state code of eligibility. Apart from this, the individual marks in each subject with total marks in JEE Main 2019 paper will be mentioned in JEE Main Result page. The cut off scores for JEE Advanced eligibility will also be shown as per the category.
Sample of JEE Main Score Card/ Rank Card
- The document will not be sent via mail/ SMS/ post, it will be available online only through JEE Main Login
- The rank card of JEE Main must be carried at the time of JEE Main Counselling.
- It will carry the All India Rank, Candidate’s Name, Roll Number, Category wise rank and total marks obtained.
Forgot Roll Number?
- Roll Number is mentioned in JEE Main Admit Card.
- If the admit card is not available, download it again from /nta.ac.in OR jeemain.nic.in 2019 by using Application Number and Password.
- In case, the application number is not accessible then check the email that was sent on registered email while applying for JEE Main 2019 through JEE Main login.
- If the application number and password are lost then retrieve them using Forgot Password/ Forgot Application Number at jeemain.nic.in. 2019 session.
Details Mentioned on JEE Main Scorecard
- Roll number
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- Sub category
- State code of eligibility
- Marks obtained in JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 (Subject-wise and total)
- All India Rank
- Category rank
- Cut off score for appearing in JEE Advanced 2019
JEE Main Results: Compilation and Display
As the national level examination is conducted twice a year (January and April), NTA has introduced a proper compilation process. Read on to know about the same:
Compilation and display of Result of Paper 1
Paper 1 in JEE Main is of BE/ B.Tech streams. Given below is the method via which the compilation and display of result for 1st attempt (January session) are done.
- Since JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 first attempt will be conducted in multi-shifts, NTA scores will be calculated corresponding to the raw marks obtained by a candidate.
- The calculated NTA scores for all the shifts/sessions will be merged and declared by January 31, 2019.
- This shall comprise of the four NTA scores for each of the three subjects (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry) and the total in Paper 1 of the exam for the first attempt.
2nd Attempt (April Session)
- Similarly,JEE Main Paper 1 second attempt will be conducted in multi-shifts, NTA scores will be calculated corresponding to the raw marks obtained by a candidate.
- The calculated NTA scores for the Raw Marks for all the shifts/sessions will be merged for further processing.
- The four NTA scores for each of the candidates in Paper-1 for the first attempt as well as for the second attempt will be merged for compilation of result and preparation of overall Merit List / Ranking.
- Those appeared in both the attempts; their best of the two NTA scores (total) will be considered for further processing.
Note: NTA scores of both the attempts and rank of Paper 1 of JEE Main will be declared by April 30. This will have the scores of 1st and 2nd attempt.
Compilation and display of Result of Paper 2
Paper 2 in JEE Main is of B.Arch and B.Planning streams. Given below is the method via which the compilation and display of result for 1st attempt (January session) are done.
- As JEE Main 2019 Paper 2 will be conducted in single-shift only, the raw marks obtained by all the candidates who appeared in first attempt will be declared by January 31, 2019.
- This will comprise the actual marks obtained in Paper 2 of JEE for the first attempt.
2nd Attempt April Session
- Similarly, Paper 2 second attempt will be conducted in single-shift, the raw marks obtained in second shift as well as for the first attempt will be merged for compilation of result and preparation of overall Merit List / Ranking.
- Those appeared in both the attempts; their best of the two raw marks will be considered for further processing.
- Total raw marks of both the attempts and rank of Paper 2 for all candidates who appeared in first attempt as well as in second will be declared by April 30, 2019.
- This will comprise the total raw marks obtained by the candidate in first attempt as well as in second attempt along with All India rank and All India category rank.
JEE Main Statistics
The information given below is of last year of the exam. The offline JEE Main paper was successfully conducted on April 8, 2018 for approximately 10,43,739 lakh candidates registered for admission to UG engineering programs in NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs. The JEE Main Result date 2018 for both online and offline Paper-1 is April 30, 2018.
The details of the offline exam held on April 8, 2018 are:
The following graph represents JEE Main state-wise qualifier list for the year 2017. Maharashtra ranks first with the highest number of qualifiers i.e. 166020-
JEE Main Answer Key
- NTA will release JEE Main answer keys and images of response of the examinations at www.nta.ac.in OR www.jeemain.nic.in.
- Visit the page “JEE Main Login” to check JEE Main 2019 Answer Keys.
- Candidates unsatisfied with the captured responses can challenge by filling an online application form and paying INR 1000 per question.
- Challenge of JEE Main 2019 answer keys will be accepted online only upto 11:59 PM.
- Payment can be made via credit/ debit card to check JEE Main answer keys
- Fee once paid is non-refundable, however, in case the challenge is accepted by the Board, the fee for each accepted challenge will be refunded on the candidate’s concerned card.
Check Here JEE Main Answer Keys
Note: The JAB’s/ CBSE’s decision on the challenges shall be final and no further communication will be entertained. Post-release of answer keys, the result of JEE Main will be declared as per the schedule (releasing shortly).
JEE Main Rank Calculation
Merit list will be declared at the time of counselling and class 12 marks will not be considered for rank calculation. The formula used for calculating JEE Main score is-
|JEE Main Score = 4 marks x number of correct answers - number of wrong answers x 1|
The actual scores of candidates in JEE Main 2019 will be used to calculate the ranks. AIR will be affected directly by the scores obtained in JEE Main i.e. higher the scores, better the rank in Mains. In case, two or more candidates score equal marks, then the tie-breaking rule or inter-se-merit will be applicable.
Post release of JEE Main answer keys candidates can also predict their ranks using JEE Main Rank Predictor designed by Collegedunia.com.
JEE Main 2019 Inter-se-merit Rule
In case, candidates secure same marks/ score in JEE Main, then tie-break criteria will be applied. Check the application and guidelines of inter-se-merit for JEE Main Result 2019:
Tie-break criteria BE/B.Tech (other than IITs)
Higher Marks in Mathematics > Higher Marks in Physics > Higher Marks in Chemistry > Candidates older in Age > Same Rank
Tie-break criteria for B.Arch (other than IITs)
Higher Marks in Aptitude Test > Higher Marks in Drawing Test > Candidates older in Agec > Same Rank
In case the tie is not broken, the candidates will be given same ranks while declaring JEE Main Result 2019.
What after JEE Main Rank (AIR) is announced?
CBSE is responsible for conducting JEE Main 2019 Paper. After the declaration of JEE Main result, NTA sends the data to seat allocation boards. The states of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha and some other institutions have joined JEE Main system, their admission criteria will be notified by the concerned authorities. Read More
These states and institutes accept JEE Main result 2019 data for the purpose of seat allotment and counselling. JoSAA and CSAB are the responsible boards for allocation of seats.
JEE Main 2019 Counselling
- The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) holds JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment for JEE Main and JEE Advanced candidates after declaration of JEE Main Result 2019.
- There is a maximum of six rounds.
- Candidates will be called on the basis of their ranks in the JEE Main Rank List name wise.
- There are 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) participating institutes accepting result of JEE Main 2019.
- The entire seat allocation and admission process would be managed through centralized JEE Main Counselling.
JEE Main 2019 Seat Allotment
JEE Main Result – FAQs
Ques. When will JEE Main Result of Computer Based Examination be declared?
Ans. JEE Main Result Date for January Session is 1st week of February 2019. While for JEE Main Result Date April Session is 1st week of May 2019.
Ques. What are the qualifying marks for JEE Main 2019?
Ans. The qualifying marks for JEE Main is the cut off which is mentioned on the Scorecard. The expected qualifying marks for JEE Main 2019 is mentioned below-
|Category||JEE Main 2019 Qualifying Marks (expected)|
|OBC – NCL||49|
Ques. Do I have to fill the application form separately for each JEE Main participating college?
Ans. No. The entire seat allocation and admission process of all the participating colleges (22 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 20 GFTIs) would be managed through centralized JEE Main Counselling. The seat allotment process of JEE Main is conducted by JoSAA.
Ques. How can I download my JEE Main scorecard?
Ans. A simple 4 step process to download the JEE Main scorecard is as follows:
- Open the official website: nta.ac.in.
- Look for the link that reads “JEE Main 2019 result”.
- Click on the link and provide the details of the Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on submit button and your JEE Main 2019 score is displayed on screen.
Ques. How is JEE Main Rank/ Merit List prepared?
Ans. JEE Main 2019 Score will be used to prepare All India Rank (AIR) List and State Merit Lists on the basis of which seats will be allocated to NITs, IIITs and other Central and State Government funded institutes.
Ques. Which Board conducts the counselling for SFTIs and NEUTs?
Ans. For admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) conducts the counselling. While for SFTIs and NEUTs, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) conducts the counselling.
Ques. What is Normalization of Marks in JEE Main 2019?
Ans. The normalization criteria for the examination is as follows:
- Calculation of normalized marks will be done without considering the Class XII marks.
- Candidates with 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in Class XII will qualify for JEE Advanced.
- Candidates within top 20 percentile in their state board also qualify for JEE Main Counselling.
- Normalization is calculated with the number of candidates in the group with aggregate marks less than the candidate divided by the total number of candidates and multiplied by 100.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College