JEE Main Result for the April/September session has been announced. Candidates can check their result by entering their application number, date of birth, and security pin on the official website. JEE Main B.Tech Results were released on September 11, 2020. As per the reports, 24 candidates have made it to the 100 percentile score.
Latest Update: JEE Main 2020 B.Arch and B.Planning Result has been released on Sept 18, 2020. Check here
Top 2,50,000 test takers of JEE Main will be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2020. Candidates can check their result by entering their application number, date of birth, and security pin. No scorecard/rank card will be sent to the candidates via post. As per the official notification, a total of 11 candidates scored a 100 percentile in JEE Main January 2020 Session. Check JEE Main 2020 Cut off
JEE Main Result 2020 – Important Dates
The important dates regarding JEE Main 2020 Result are as follows:
|JEE Main April Examination date (April Session)||September 1 – 6, 2020|
|JEE Main April/September 2020 Result|| |
September 11, 2020 (Released)
How to Check JEE Main 2020 Result?
Steps to check the result of JEE Main 2020 and downloading the scorecard are as follows:
Step 1: Visit the official website of JEE Main i.e. jeemain.nta.nic.in
Step 2: Search for JEE Main 2020 Result and click on it.
Step 3: Enter Application Number and Date of Birth along with the security pin.
Step 4: Submit the details to check JEE Main Result 2020.
Step 5: Save and download JEE Main result and scorecard for future correspondence.
JEE Main scorecard contains candidate’s personal details like roll no., name, date of birth, father’s name, category and state code of eligibility. Apart from this, the individual marks in each subject with total marks in JEE Main 2020 paper was mentioned in JEE Main Result page. The cut-off scores for JEE Advanced eligibility will also be shown as per the category.
Sample of JEE Main Score Card/ Rank Card
- Scorecard will not be sent via mail/ SMS/ post, it will be available online only through JEE Main portal.
- JEE Main rank card is a mandatory document for JEE Main Counselling.
- It will carry the All India Rank, Candidate’s Name, Roll Number, Category wise rank and total marks obtained.
Forgot Roll Number?
- Roll Number is mentioned in JEE Main Admit Card.
- If the admit card is not available, download it again from /nta.ac.in OR jeemain.nta.nic.in 2020 by using Application Number and Password.
- In case, the application number is not accessible then check the email that was sent on registered email while applying for JEE Main 2020 through JEE Main login.
- Application number and password can be retrieved using Forgot Password/ Forgot Application Number at jeemain.nta.nic.in 2020 session.
Details Mentioned on JEE Main 2020 Scorecard
Candidates can note that the following details will be mentioned in their scorecards:
- Roll number
- Mother’s name
- Father’s name
- State code of eligibility
- Marks obtained in JEE Main 2020 Paper 1 (Subject-wise and total)
- All India Rank
- Category rank
- Cut off score for appearing in JEE Advanced 2020
JEE Main 2020 Rank Calculation
The result of JEE Main is determined using the process of normalization. Since the exam is held in various slots, the process of normalization of scores ensures that no aspirant is at a benefit or at loss due to this. JEE Main ranks are obtained on the basis of percentile score obtained in the exam.
JEE Main Percentile Score: Percentile score is obtained on the basis of all the aspirants appearing in the exam. A percentile score can be defined as a value below which a certain per cent of observations fall.
"The Percentile Score indicates the percentage of candidates that have scored EQUAL TO OR BELOW (same or lower raw scores) that particular Percentile in that examination. Therefore the topper (highest score) of each session gets the same Percentile of 100 which is desirable. The marks obtained in between the highest and lowest scores are also converted to appropriate Percentiles."
Step-wise Procedure of Preparation of JEE Main Rank List
Step I: Preparation of JEE Main result involves the following:
- JEE Main Raw score is calculated using the following formulae
- Along with the total score, for all the 3 subjects i.e. Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, the percentile score is calculated separately using the following formula:
Step II: Compilation of NTA Score and Preparation of Overall Merit/Rank List
The percentile scores for the total raw score of different sessions as calculated above would be merged and called the NTA scores which will then be used for compilation of result and preparation of overall Merit List/ Ranking.
Candidates with equal total percentile score will be segregated using the tie resolving criteria.
JEE Main 2020 Tie-Breaking Criteria
The actual scores of candidates in JEE Main 2020 are used to calculate the ranks. AIR is affected directly by the scores obtained in JEE Main i.e. higher the scores, better the rank in Mains. In case, two or more candidates score equal marks, then the tie-breaking rule or inter-se-merit is applicable.
Tie-break criteria BE/B.Tech (other than IITs)
Tie-break criteria for B.Arch (other than IITs)
Tie-break criteria B. Planning (other than IITs)
Note: In case the tie is not broken, the candidates are given the same ranks while declaring JEE Main Result 2020.
Compilation and Display of JEE Main Results
Compilation of First Attempt Result
- NTA scores will be calculated corresponding to the raw scores.
- The calculated NTA score will be merged for declaration of result.
- The result shall comprilse of the four NTA scores for each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) and the total for the first attempt.
Compilation of Second Attempt Result
- Similarly, NTA scores will be calculated corresponding to the raw scores.
- The calculated NTA score will be merged for declaration of result.
- The result shall comprilse of the four NTA scores for each of the three subjects (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) and the total for the second attempt.
Compilation of Result and Preparation of Merit List/ Ranking
The four NTA scores for each candidate for the first as well as the second attempt will be merged for the compilation of result and preparation of overall Merit List. Those who have taken both the attempts, their best of the two scores shall be taken for preparation of the rank list.
JEE Main Score Vs Rank 2020
Here’s an expected JEE Main Score Vs Rank range estimate for 2020 session:
|Score range||Rank range|
|275 - 284||100 - 200|
|260 - 274||200 - 500|
|250 - 259||500 - 1000|
|240 - 249||1000 - 1500|
|220 - 239||1500 - 3500|
|200 - 219||3500 - 6000|
|180 - 199||6000 - 9500|
|150 -180||9500 - 15000|
|120 - 149||15000 - 35000|
|<120||More than 35000|
JEE Main Marks vs Percentile score
Candidates can refer to the table given below which gives JEE Main Marks vs Percentile score for 2019 session:
|JEE Main Marks||Percentile|
|360 to 310||100 - 99.98724751|
|309 to 299||99.985572 - 99.9740296|
|298 to 288||99.97589128 - 99.96258028|
|287 to 278||99.96146328 - 99.94424276|
|277 to 268||99.94098483 - 99.91929629|
|267 to 258||99.91836545 - 99.89081262|
|257 to 248||99.88643768 - 99.84845946|
|247 to 238||99.84510844 - 99.79959043|
|237 to 228||99.79679791 - 99.73294238|
|227 to 218||99.73005678 - 99.65475193|
|217 to 208||99.64888765 - 99.55273201|
|207 to 198||99.54919482 - 99.43609792|
|197 to 188||99.4200875 - 99.28958392|
|187 to 178||99.26473052 - 99.07781811|
|177 to 168||99.06329703 - 98.85683701|
|167 to 158||98.82509541 - 98.55710695|
|157 to 148||98.53104347 - 98.20040957|
|147 to 138||98.14939961 - 97.75686494|
|137 to 128||97.69477799 - 97.17648701|
|127 to 118||97.13841571 - 96.41990133|
|117 to 108||96.35511496 - 95.49744019|
|107 to 98||95.42678954 - 94.40128456|
|97 to 88||94.19473145 - 92.74709113|
|87 to 78||92.61891464 - 90.64227869|
|77 to 68||90.42902355 - 87.34180397|
|67 to 58||87.34180397 - 82.68016383|
|57 to 48||81.92571907 - 75.39020758|
|47 to 38||74.13450619 - 64.11300382|
|37 to 28||62.88839244 - 49.28762915|
|27 to 18||49.01228707 - 33.08815042|
|17 to 1||31.32570046 - 9.077538863|
JEE Main 2020 Answer Key
NTA will release JEE Main answer keys and images of the response of the examinations at nta.ac.in or jeemain.nta.nic.in Given below are the steps to access JEE Main 2020 Answer Keys:
- Visit the page “JEE Main Login” to check JEE Main 2020 Answer Keys.
- Candidates unsatisfied with the captured responses can challenge by filling an online application form and paying INR 1000 per question.
- Payment can be made via credit/ debit card/BHIM UPI/Net Banking to check JEE Main answer keys.
- Fee once paid is non-refundable, however, in case the challenge is accepted by the Board, the fee for each accepted challenge is refunded on the candidate’s concerned card.
Check Here JEE Main Answer Keys
What After JEE Main Result?
JEE Advanced Cut off
JEE Advanced 2020 is scheduled for September 27, 2020. Candidates who will qualify JEE Advanced will be eligible for admission in IITs. Candidates have to qualify JEE Advanced cutoff 2020 individually for all three subjects and also aggregate for all three subjects to qualify the exam. JEE Advanced cutoff 2020 will be different for various categories. Read More
JEE Main 2020 Counselling
NTA is responsible for conducting JEE Main 2020 Paper. After the declaration of JEE Main result, NTA sends the data to seat allocation boards. The states of Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Uttrakhand, Nagaland, Odisha and some other institutions have joined JEE Main system, their admission criteria were notified by the concerned authorities. Read More
These states and institutes accept JEE Main result 2020 data for the purpose of seat allotment and counselling. JoSAA and CSAB are the responsible boards for allocation of seats.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will hold the JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment for JEE Main and JEE Advanced candidates after the declaration of JEE Main Result 2020.
- There is a maximum of six rounds.
- Candidates are called on the basis of their ranks in the JEE Main Rank List name wise.
- There are 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 25 IIITs and 28 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs) participating institutes accepting the result of JEE Main 2020.
- The entire seat allocation and admission process would be managed through centralized JEE Main Counselling.
JEE Main 2020 Seat Allotment
- Candidates are allotted seats on the basis of their merit and availability of seats.
- Before the actual seat allotment, mock allotment of seats will take place in two rounds.
- This allows candidates to know the seat allotment process and this way, they will also be able to know and choose better preferences for themselves in the main rounds.
- After the result declaration, the data will be handed over to CSAB/ JoSAA or the concerned State government/ institute for Seat allocation and admission procedure.
- Only the All India Rank (AIR) is used for admissions through Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB)/Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) to NITs/ IIITs/ CFTIs/ SFIs/ Others.
- The All India Rank shall be compiled and declared after conduct of April JEE Main 2020 Examination.
- Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) will hold JEE Main Counselling and Seat Allotment for JEE Main and JEE Advanced candidates after the declaration of JEE Main Result 2020.
- Class 12 marks are not considered for calculating normalized scores, as decided by NTA.
- The Admission for DASA will be done on the basis of Rank obtained in JEE(Main) from the Academic Session 2021-22. The merit list for admission under DASA category will be prepared by NTA separately.
- For candidates to qualify for admission to IITs/ NITs/IIITs or GFTIs, should score a minimum 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST) in class 12th or be in top 20 percentile in class 12th exam.
- Participating institutes that do not use the Centralized Seat Allocation Process will prepare their own ranking based on the performance in JEE Main 2020 and other criteria as decided by them.
JEE Main 2020 Toppers - Details of 100 Percentile Scorers
Toppers of JEE Main Paper I for September 2020 session have been mentioned below.
Name of the Candidate
|Landa Jitendra||Andhra Pradesh|
|Swayam Shashank Chube||Maharashtra|
|Y S S Narasimha Naidu||Andhra Pradesh|
|R Muhendar Raj||Rajasthan|
|Vadapalli Arvind Narasimha||Telangana|
|Chagari Koushal Kumar Reddy||Telangana|
|Thadavarthi Vishnu Sri Sai Sankar||Andra Pradesh|
|Shiva Krishna Sagi||Telangana|
|Morreddigari Likhith Reddy||Telangana|
|Rachapalle Shashank Anirudh||Telangana|
|Rongala Arun Siddardha||Telangana|
State wise Toppers (Excluding 100 Percentile Candidates)
|S No.||Candidates Name||State||Percentile|
|1.||B Rajesh||Andaman & Nicobar Island||99.0193998|
|2.||Nutan Kumar Sah||Arunachal Pradesh||97.5660885|
|5.||Kunwar Preet Singh||Chandigarh||99.9972380|
|7.||Sharad Vishwakarma||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||99.2655484|
|8.||Gunjan Atul Shinde||Daman and Diu||99.5816472|
|10.||Sarthak DIwan||Himachal Pradesh||99.9683001|
JEE Main 2020 Toppers Interviews
Know the preparation strategy of JEE Main 2020 toppers of January session who scored 100 percentile in the exam below:
|JEE Main 2020 Toppers||JEE Main 2020 Percentiles and preparation Strategy|
|Rongala Arun Siddardha||JEE Main 2020 NTA Score: 100 Percentile Prep: Took coaching from Sri Chaitanya IIT academy, Madhapur and studied for 2 years, aiming for JEE Advanced. Click here to read the full interview|
|Landa Jitendra||JEE Main 2020 NTA Score: 100 Percentile Prep: Referred to the study material provided by the coaching and followed NCERT books. Click here to read the full interview|
|Parth Dwivedi||JEE Main 2020 NTA Score: 100 Percentile Prep Strategy: Attempt Chemistry section first, then Mathematics, and then Physics. Click here to read the full interview|
|Chagari Koushal Kumar Reddy||JEE Main 2020 NTA Score: 100 Percentile Prep Strategy: Studied for 9 hours a day and relied on NCERT with some reference books like H.C.Verma for Physics. Click here to read the full interview|
JEE Main 2020 (January) Result – B.E/B.Tech
JEE Main January result for B.E/B.Tech was declared on January 17, 2020. B.E/ B. Tech paper was conducted from January 7 – 9, 2020 in six shifts.
- A total number of 9,21,261 candidates registered for JEE Main B.E. /B. Tech. paper.
- Out of which, 8,69,010 appeared for the test.
- The examination was conducted across 570 examination centers in the country and abroad.
- A total number of 536 Observers, 213 City- Coordinators and 19 Regional Coordinators were deployed at these centres to oversee the smooth and fair conduct of the examination.
- 9 candidates who received NTA score 100 in JEE Main 2020 for January session B.E/ B. Tech Paper. Read About JEE Main B.E/ B. Tech Toppers
Gender and Category wise number of candidates registered for B.E./B.Tech
Gender and Category wise distribution of candidates who appeared for B.E./B.Tech
JEE Main 2020 B.Arch and B. Planning Toppers (January Session)
|Candidate's Name||Percentile||State Code of Eligibility|
|Kanumuri Bheemeswara Vijay Varma||100||Andhra Pradesh|
Gender and Category-wise Number of Candidates Registered for B.Arch
Gender and Category-wise Number of Candidates Appeared for B.Arch
JEE Main Result FAQs
Ques. What are the expected dates for JEE Main 2020 April session results?
Ans. JEE Main Result for the April/September session has been announced. Candidates can check their result by entering their application number, date of birth, and security pin on the official website.
Ques. Do I have to fill the application form separately for each JEE Main participating college?
Ans. No, the entire seat allocation and admission process of all the participating colleges (22 IITs, ISM, 31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 20 GFTIs) would be managed through centralized JEE Main Counselling. The seat allotment process of JEE Main is conducted by JoSAA
Ques. Where to check JEE Main Result?
Ans. A simple 4 step process to download the JEE Main Result is as follows:
- Open the official website: nta.ac.in.
- Look for the link that reads “JEE Main 2020 result”.
- Click on the link and provide the details of the Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Click on the submit button and your JEE Main 2020 score is displayed on the screen.
Ques. How is JEE Main Rank/ Merit List prepared?
Ans. JEE Main 2020 Score is used to prepare All India Rank (AIR) List and State Merit Lists on the basis of which seats were allocated to NITs, IIITs and other Central and State Government funded institutes.
Ques. Which Board conducts the counselling for SFTIs and NEUTs?
Ans. For admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs and GFTIs, JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) conducts the counselling. While for SFTIs and NEUTs, Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) conducts the counselling.
Ques. JEE Main site is not opening, what should I do?
Ans. If there is an issue with your browser, we suggest you clear your cache and retry. However, any technical issue with the official website will be fixed as soon as possible.
Ques. What is Normalization of Marks in JEE Main 2020?
Ans. The normalization criteria for the examination is as follows:
- Calculation of normalized marks is done without considering the Class XII marks.
- Candidates with 75% marks (65% for reserved categories) in Class XII will qualify for JEE Advanced.
- Candidates within top 20 percentile in their state board also qualify for JEE Main Counselling.
- Normalization is calculated with the number of candidates in the group with aggregate marks less than the candidate divided by the total number of candidates and multiplied by 100.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.