An abbreviation for Jammu University Entrance Test, JUET is an entrance exam for admissions to a number of UG and PG programmes offered at the main and offsite university grounds of Jammu University. JUET 2021 is an offline entrance test.
- Candidates have to solve 150 objective type questions, each question carrying one mark.
- There are only multiple choice questions in the paper, out of the four options only one is correct.
- Negative marking is there in JUET 2021 question paper.
- Maximum time allowed to attempt the 150 questions is 150 minutes.
- The test is designed to examine the candidate’s Reasoning and Logical ability.
- There are four sections in the paper- General Knowledge, General English, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning.
|Name of Exam||Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET) 2021|
|Mode of exam||Pen and paper based (offline)|
|Conducting Body||Jammu University|
|Number of sections||4 (General English, General Knowledge, Reasoning, and Numerical Ability)|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of questions||150|
|Exam Duration||Two and half hours (150 minutes)|
|Language of Exam||English|
JUET 2021 Exam Pattern in detail
JUET 2021 will be conducted only in English language. The question paper has of only objective type questions. Total number of questions is 150 and candidates have to complete the examination in two hours. JUET 2021 is an offline exam, so candidates are advised to fill the OMR carefully. There are separate question papers for UG and PG candidates.
About the question papers:
- An applicant can obtain a maximum of 150 marks by solving the 150 questions given in JUET 2021 paper.
- All questions in the paper are objective type or multiple choice questions.
- JUET 2021 question paper is divided into four sections.
- Section 1 is General English, Section 2 comprises of General Knowledge, Section 3 examines the student’s Numerical ability and the last section is of Reasoning.
- There are separate question papers for UG and PG level students.
- Time given for the examination is two and half hours.
The table given below shows the weightage of subjects:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Total Questions = 150||Total Marks = 150|
NOTE: The subjects are same for both OG and PG tests but the level of questions differ. In JUET 2021 exam for UG programmes, the level of questions is 12th standard. For the other set of paper, the level is higher i.e. Graduation level. Numerical Ability is of 10th standard for both the papers, however.
Marking Scheme for JUET 2021
Aspirant is awarded with one mark for every correct answer. Total 150 questions are to be answered by a student.
- Each question in JUET 2021 paper carries 1 mark.
- There is negative marking in JUET 2021 entrance exam for incorrect answers.
- 0.25 Marks are deducted for every incorrect response in the answer sheet.
- No marks are given if the question is not attempted.
- Unmarked answers are ignored while checking the OMR sheet.
- If a candidate marks more than one option in any question, the question is treated as wrongly answered. Marks are deducted consequently.
- There are no special types of questions.
- No special marking for different subjects or topics is there.
JUET 2021 Exam Syllabus
Knowing the exam’s syllabus helps the pupils in the preparation as well as in managing time during the test. One can pre-plan their time and work according to the strategic time table. Subjects for both the UG and PG level question papers are same. The level of questions is different, though. Detailed syllabus is given below:
Syllabus for General English:
|Common Error||Synonyms||Cloze Test|
|Sentence Improvement||Antonyms||Arrangement of sentences|
|Active and Passive Voice||One Word Substitution||Structure|
|Direct and Indirect Speech||Selection of misspelt/correctly words|
|Idioms and Phrases|
Syllabus for General Knowledge:
Basically, General Knowledge is about how many facts can you store in your brain?
|Indian History||Indian Polity||Geography|
|Economics||Indian Economy||General Science|
Syllabus for Numerical Ability:
|Percentage||Interest||Profit and Loss|
|Time and Work||Height and Distance||Stock and Shares|
|Ration and Proportion||Average||Fractions|
|Modern Algebra||Linear Equations|
Fundamentals of Computer Arithmetic:
- Series – Numeric and Alphabetic
- Logical reasoning
- Representation of Characters
- Floating point representation of numbers
- Fundamentals of computers
- Boolean Algebra
- Binary Arithmetic etc.
|Machine Input and Output||Coding-Decoding||Puzzles|
|Direction and Distance||Order and Ranking||Syllogism|
|Blood Relations||Seating Arrangement||Inequalities|
|Statement and Assumptions||Statement and Course of action||Cause And Effect|
|Statement and Argument|
Books for JUET 2021 Preparation
After going through the syllabus, one needs to practice questions for the exam. Questions matching the exam’s status are helpful in the preparation.
Some of the recommended books are given below:
- Jammu University Entrance
Publication: Arihant Publication
Lang ISBN-10: 9385929119
- JUET - Jammu University Entrance Test Guide (for PG Programmes/PG Diploma Programmes/UG Programmes)
Author: R. Gupta
Publication: Ramesh Publishing House, New Delhi
Some rules for the day of examination:
- Read the examination guidelines properly written on the very first page of the JUET 2021 question paper.
- Go through the marking pattern given in the instructions.
- Carry your JUET admit card to the exam center.
- Candidates have to mark their answers in the provided OMR sheet.
- Darken the appropriate bubbles carefully.
- Only use of black or blue ball point pen is allowed.
- Do not use HB pencil under any circumstances.
- Do not write or make any mark on the OMR sheet.
- Do not fold or damage your question paper.
JUET Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques. How many questions are there in JUET 2021 ?
Ans. JUET 2021 comprises of total 150 questions. The paper is divided into 4 sections- General English- 40 questions, General Knowledge- 40 questions, Reasoning – 40 questions, Numerical Ability- 30 questions.
Ques. What are the important topics to be studied to crack numerical ability section?
Ans. Important topics in numerical ability section are: Percentage, Time & Work, Calculus, Profit & Loss, Trigonometry,Linear Equation, Differential Equations.
Ques. How much time is allotted to give the examination?
Ans. Candidates are allotted 2 hrs and 30 minutes to attempt the JUET 2021 exam.
Ques. Is there any option to give the exam from personal laptop?
Ans. No , Candidates will have to appear at the test centers and attempt the pen paper based test.
Ques. Can I use pencil to mark the answers in the answer sheet?
Ans. Candidates can use black or blue ball point pen only to mark the answers. Pencil will not be permitted for answering the options.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College.