KEAM 2018 Counselling is organized by the CEE, Kerala from June 20 through CAP (Centralized Allotment Process). As per the criteria, candidates must score minimum 10 marks in Paper I and Paper II each; SC/ ST category candidates, however, only need to answer 1 question in each paper to qualify.
Latest:Official KEAM Result Notification
KEAM qualifiers can actively participate in the procedure by registering themselves first. Registration can be done via online mode or by visiting the nearest Facilitation Centers (FC). After successful registration, choice of preferred colleges and courses must be done. Seat allotment will be done through CAP based on merit rank in KEAM, the choice made and availability of seats. The applicants who will be allotted the seats will have to report at their institute for document verification and fee payment.
KEAM 2018 was successfully conducted on April 23 and April 24 in offline mode. The CEE has released KEAM results online at www.cee.kerala.gov.in. The results will be released in the form of Score card. The rank and final list will be published later.
KEAM Counselling Dates
The table below gives the tentative schedule for KEAM 2018 Counselling process:
|Online registration for KEAM Counselling begins from||June 23, 2018|
|Trial Allotment for KEAM Counselling starts on||June 27, 2018|
|Last date to register for CAP is||June 28, 2018|
|KEAM Allotment Round 1 is scheduled on||June 30, 2018|
|Payment of provisional admission fee begins from||July 01, 2018-July 05, 2018|
How to Apply for KEAM Counselling?
KEAM 2018 counselling process will start tentatively in the month of June 2018. All the applicants will have to register themselves online or at the Facilitation Centers (FC). During the registration process, the applicants will also have to select their preferred college and course. Given below are steps to register for KEAM Counselling:
Step 1 – Registration
- The applicants will have to register online.
- The link to register will be available soon after the declaration of KEAM 2018 Results, on the official website of KEAM.
- Click on “KEAM 2018 Candidate Portal”.
- Candidates will have to Login using his/her roll number and application number.
- After logging in, the applicants will have to enter their Key number and password on the “Online Registration Page”. The Key Number is a 16 digit alpha-numeric code provided on the security card. The code should not be disclosed to any other.
Step 2 – Selection of Courses and Colleges
- After the successful registration of the candidates, a list of colleges and courses will be displayed online on the screen.
- The applicants have to select their preferred course-college combination from the list. Any number of preferences can be filled.
- The selected options will be displayed on the right side of the screen. Click on “Save” button to SAVE the selection and make sure the selection is not lost.
- Selection of the colleges must be done very carefully as the seat allotment will be based on the preference of the applicants.
Step 3 – Review and Print Out
- After the selection, applicants will be able to review their selection before submission.
- Candidate must take a print out of the filled-in options for future use.
How to Register Options in KEAM Counselling?
- Candidates can register all the available options if he/she desires so. However, it is not compulsory to exercise all the options.
- A candidate will not be allotted a seat in a course of a college if he/she has not opted the course college combination during option registration process of CAP 2018.
- A candidate is bound to accept an allotment as per the priority registered in the Options list and has to surrender the seat already occupied by them if he/she is allotted based on options furnished against future vacancy. Request to retain the existing admission after an allotment is made, based on the option registered, will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Failure to report for admission in the allotted institution, after remitting the required fee within the stipulated time will result in the forfeiture of his/her allotment to that course and cancellation of all the existing options in the stream to which that allotment belongs.
- For each phase of CAP 2018 subsequent to the initial phase, confirmation of the higher order options by logging in to the Option Registration Page and clicking the ‘confirm’ button is mandatory to participate in that Phase of allotment even if no cancellation/re-arrangement of options is desired.
- Non-confirmation of higher order options for a particular phase of CAP will lead to automatic deletion of higher order options belonging to the course(s) included in that phase, making them unavailable for the subsequent phases also.
- Online Option Confirmation is mandatory before each phase of allotment for participating in that particular phase of allotment.
- The facility for Online Option Confirmation will be made available on the website before each phase of allotment.
- A candidate who does not confirm the higher order options by clicking the’ Confirm’ button available in his/her Option Registration Page, his/her higher order options belonging to the course(s) included in that phase will not be available in subsequent phases also.
KEAM 2018 Seat Allotment
All the applicants who have registered themselves and will qualify the Merit list will be allotted seats in the participating institutes of KEAM 2018 through a Centralized Allotment Process (CAP).
- An online list will be announced in where the selected applicants and their allotted institutes will be present on the official website of KEAM.
- All the applicants who will be allotted the seat will have to pay the tuition fees at the CEE account in the specified branches of State Bank of Travancore (SBT).
- After the payment of the fees, the applicants will have to report at their allotted institute within the specified time along with the original documents of the applicant for verification. The ‘fee’ as prescribed by the University concerned to the course will have to be submitted by the candidate at the time of taking admission in the college.
- The admission will be confirmed only after all the documents are successfully verified.
Know More About KEAM 2018 Seat Allotment
KEAM 2018 Trial Allotment
- A trial allotment will be organised by the admission committee of KEAM 2018 before the seat allotment.
- The purpose of this Trial Allotment is to make all the applicants understand on how the allotment procedure work and which colleges and courses they will be allotted to as per their ranking and eligibility.
- However, the applicants must note that the trial allotment does not guarantee the seat to the applicants.
KEAM 2018 Spot Allotment
- Spot allotment/admission is held for filling up the remaining vacant seats, if any, may be conducted after the completion of the CAP.
- A qualified candidate included in the rank lists concerned is entitled to attend the Spot allotment/admission Process.
- Candidates who have obtained admission in Government Merit seats for a course shall not be eligible to participate in the Spot Allotment for that particular course.
- But a candidate admitted in Government Merit Seat in a Government Controlled Self-Financing College is allowed to participate in Spot Admission for a Government College for any course.
- The eligibility/claims of candidates admitted in Private Self-Financing Institutions to participate in a Spot Allotment shall be in accordance with the conditions in the relevant Government Orders/Orders of the Hon’ble Courts.
Documents Required during KEAM Counselling
Candidates who will get seat allotment will have to report to the Principal/Head of the Institution concerned for admission at the specified time with the following documents:
- KEAM 2018 Admit Card
- Certificate to prove date of birth.
- Transfer Certificate from the Institution last attended
- Conduct Certificate.
- Original mark list of the qualifying examination (Higher Secondary or equivalent) and the Pass certificate of the qualifying examination (if issued).
- Original mark list of D-Pharm. Part-I and Part-II examinations and Diploma in Pharmacy certificate(if applicable)
- Eligibility certificate from the University of Kerala, in the case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination other than Higher Secondary Examination/Vocational Higher Secondary Examination conducted by Government of Kerala or the examination conducted by CBSE and CISCE.
- Migration Certificate (if applicable).
- Physical Fitness Certificate in the relevant format given in Annexure VIII of the Prospectus 2018.
- Receipt of fee remitted.
- Data sheet of KEAM 2018.
- Allotment Memo issued by the CEE.
- Any other documents required by the Head of Institution.
KEAM Participating Colleges
There are 11 medical and engineering colleges that offer admissions through KEAM. The total intake capacity for medical courses is around 1895 MBBS and 840 BDS seats respectively. The total intake capacity for engineering colleges is around 56407 which would include seats for B. Tech. in Agricultural Engg., Food Engg. And Dairy Science & Technology.
List of Colleges/Institutions participating in KEAM 2018 are as following:
|Government Medical Colleges||Colleges Under Kerala Veterinary & Animal Sciences University||Private Self-financing Engineering Colleges|
|Government Controlled Self-Financing Colleges||College Under Kerala University of Fisheries & Ocean Studies||Engineering Colleges under Kerala Catholic Engineering College Management Association|
|Management Federation||Government/Aided Engineering Colleges||Private Self-financing Architecture Colleges|
|Colleges Under Agricultural University||Government Controlled Self-financing Engineering Colleges and Colleges under Universities||-|
CheckKEAM Participating Colleges
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College