KLEE 2020 Application Form (Reopened), Exam Dates, Eligibility
KLEE 2020 Application Form for LLM program has been released on June 5,2020. Candidates can apply till June 15, 2020. CEE Kerala has allowed candidates to change exam centres for KLEE 2020. Earlier,the application form of KLEE 2020 has been closed on May 20. KLEE 2020 Application Form were released on the official website from March 08, 2020. Those candidates who are going to fill the application form must check the eligibility criteria. Candidates could apply for KLEE 2020 till March 18, 2020. The step is taken to facilitate the candidates to avoid travelling long distances in order to appear for the exam amidst COVID-19 crisis. KLEE 2020 is scheduled to be conducted on June 20, 2020(3 years LLB) and June 22, 2020(5 years LLB) in offline mode.
- Candidates belonging to General as well as SEBC (socially and educationally backward classes) will have to pay application fee of INR 600, while candidates from SC or ST category will have to pay INR 300.
- Application form will have to be submitted by candidates through online mode only.
- Allotment of merit seats in Private Self- Financing law colleges are subjected to Kerala Government’s approval and also the renewal of University affiliation for 2020-21 academic year, along with official approval of Institution by the Bar Council of India.
Direct link to Edit Exam Center for KLEE 2020 3 year programme
Direct link to Edit Exam Center for KLEE 2020 5 year programme
Kerala 5-year LL.B Entrance Exam is conducted by the Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examination for admission to Integrated Five Year LL.B Course in the four Government Law Colleges of Kerala and in the Private Self-financing Law Colleges of Kerala which have entered into a seat-sharing agreement with the State Government.
KLEE 2020 Application Dates
KLEE Registration 2020 is expected to be held until the third week of June 2020. Candidates can go through the tentative schedule given below:
|KLEE 2020||Important Date |
|Kerala LLB 3/5 year 2020 Entrance Examination Application form 2020 will be available from||March 08, 2020|
|Last date to fill the application form||March 18, 2020|
|KLEE LLM Application Form Reopened||June 5, 2020(Reopened)|
|Last date to fill Application Form||June 15, 2020|
|Process of Change of exam centre ||Ongoing|
|Kerala LLB 3/5 year 2020 Entrance Examination Admit Card 2020 will be issued on||2nd week of April 2020|
|Kerala LLB 3 year 2020 Entrance Examination is scheduled for||June 20, 2020|
|Kerala LLB 5 year 2020 Entrance Examination is scheduled for||June 22, 2020|
KLEE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Three eligibility parameters for appearing in entrance exam have been issued by CEE –
1. Nativity: Only candidates with valid proof of Indian citizenship can appear for exam
- Candidates should have cleared Higher Secondary Examination of the Board of Higher Secondary Education of Kerala or any equivalent examination recognized by Universities in Kerala
- Candidates who have cleared 10+2 level from any school recognized by central of state government’s educational authority or equivalent educational qualifications as deemed by Bar Council of India
- Candidates possessing Higher Secondary pass certificate or first-degree certificate from distance learning or correspondence
- However, CEE does not allow such candidates to appear for exam who have cleared 10+2, graduation or post-graduation directly through open universities, with no fundamental qualification to prosecute such studies
- Candidates who are either appearing or have already appeared (result awaited) for qualifying exam can also apply. However, admission will be subject to securing required marks in qualifying examination
- Candidates belonging to General category and SEBC category must obtain a minimum of 45% and 42% marks respectively, in qualifying exam, while minimum marks for candidates from SC and ST categories are 40%
- Minimum age of candidate as on December 31, 2020, should be 17 years
- Maximum age is still to be decided by the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India
- In case age restriction, as per clause 28 of Legal Education Rules, 2008 of Bar Council of India is re-established, then candidates with specific age limit will be permitted to apply for exam
How to Fill KLEE 2020 Application Form
Following are the five steps to be covered by candidates for successfully complete online application for entrance exam –
- Go to the official website of CEE i.e. www.cee-kerala.org and click on ‘LLB 5 Year’ tab.
- Click on LLB 5 Year 2020
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ tab
- Click on Integrated Five Year LL.B Course 2020 - Online Application
- Click on ‘Registration’ tab.
- Fill Registration Form
- Candidate will reach Registration Confirmation page. Click on ‘Confirm’ tab if all details are correct, to make changes click on ‘Edit’ tab
- After clicking on confirm, an application number will be generated. Click on ‘Proceed to Application’
- Fill all the details carefully and correctly in Application form
- Recheck all details filled in form and click on ‘Save & Preview’ tab
- Preview of Application will appear. Carefully read all details. If modifications required, click on ‘Edit’ tab, otherwise tick two square boxes under Declaration and click ‘Final Submission’ tab
Pay Application Fee
- Click on ‘Pay Application Fee’ tab
- Pay Application Fee through Net Banking, Credit Card, Debit Card or E-Challan Sub/Head Post Offices in Kerala and Lakshadweep. Select the mode of payment from Online Payment and E-Challan.
- On selecting E-Challan, Instruction for payment through E-Challan will appear, along with a link to Print E-Challan. Candidate should print E-Challan and follow the instruction to make payment through it
- On selecting ‘Online Payment’, candidate should click ‘Go for Payment’ tab
- Read payment instruction and ‘Online Payment Policies’ carefully. Then click on ‘Proceed to Pay’
- Make payment through Credit Card, Debit Card Debit Card + ATM PIN or Internet Banking
Upload Photograph & Certificates
- Candidate will have to upload scanned image of their photograph
- Candidate will also have to upload scanned images of following certificates, wherever applicable-
- Certificate to Prove Nativity for Keralites
- Non-Creamy Layer Certificate for SEBC/OEC Candidate
- Inter-caste Marriage Certificate (child of an inter-caste marriage couple of whom one of them is SC/ST)
- Certificate for Ex Service Men
- Claim for Children of Serving Defence/Para Military
- Candidate will also have to upload certificates to validate their academic qualifications
- Candidate will have to upload one of the following proof of Nativity-
- Copy of birth certificate issued by either panchayat or municipality or corporation, entailing details or candidate’s place of birth in any State or Union Territory
- Copy of Secondary School Leaving Certificate, depicting place of birth in any State or Union Territory
- Page of passport showing place of birth of candidate
- Original Certificate from a Village Officer or a competent authority (in prescribed format) verifying candidate’s nativity of any State or Union Territory
KLEE 2020 Retrieve Password or Application Number
In case candidate forgets password or application number, both of which are necessary to login into the account, candidate can do so by first going to the following link -cee.kerala.gov.in and then clicking on ‘Candidate Login’ tab
1. To Retrieve Password
- Click on ‘Forgot your Password’ tab
- Enter Application Number, Date of Birth, Registered Email ID and click on ‘Submit’ tab to receive an email giving details regarding password
2. To Retrieve Application Number
- Click on ‘Forgot your Application Number’ tab
- Enter Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Password and click on ‘Submit tab to retrieve details on Application Number
Details on KLEE 2020 Application Form
Following details have to be filled by candidate in registration form
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Name of Applicant||Enter name as mentioned on certificates and identity proofs|
|Date of Birth||Select date of birth from drop down options|
|Email ID||Mention correct email ID since all further correspondence will be done through it|
|Mobile Phone Number||Mention valid mobile number to receive updates|
|Set Password||Set a password which can be easily remembered|
- Details filled in registration form must be absolutely correct because these details cannot be edited later on.
Following details have to be filled by candidate in Application form
|Details Asked||Filling Criteria|
|Select Examination Center||Choose between examination centers located at Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Thrissur or Kozhikode|
|Gender||Choose between male or female|
|Citizenship||Whether candidate is Indian or non-Indian|
|Nativity||Whether candidate is Keralite or non-Keralite|
|Aadhar No.||It is not mandatory|
|Name of Father||Mention name of father correctly|
|Name of Mother||Mention name of mother correctly|
|Name of Guardian||In absence of father and mother, mention name of legal guardian|
|`Relationship with Guardian||Explain relationship of candidate with legal guardian|
|Permanent Address||Permanent address of candidate with pincode|
|Communication Address||Address on which candidate wants to receive correspondence regarding exam|
|Community and Category details of Candidate||If candidate is Keralite, he/she has to mention details regarding community and category|
|Reservation Claims||Whether candidate is claiming reservation under quotas like Ex Service Man, Ex-Paramilitary, Sports, NCC or physical Disability|
|Details of Qualifying Examination||Candidate needs to mention which is the qualifying examination, whether he/she has appeared for it or passed it, marks obtained and maximum number of marks, name of school and board/university and State from which qualifying exam has been given|
KLEE 2020 Application Form Correction
- Candidates will not be given the chance to make changes to any of the details mentioned in registration form or application form.
- Therefore, candidates are suggested to carefully and correctly fill all the details.
- While filling the registration form and application form, the candidate gets the option to see a preview of the form and make any changes if required at that time before submitting the form.
- Subsequent to final submission of forms, no requisition for modifications in details will be entertained by CEE.
Ques. How many private self-financing law colleges participate in Kerala LLB 5 Year Entrance Exam?
Ans. Currently, 18 private self-financing law colleges offer admission through allotment of Government merit seat.
Ques. What is the number of seats available for candidates appearing for Entrance Exam?
Ans. Four Government Law Colleges located in Thiruvananthapuram, Ernakulam, Thrissur and Kozhikode offer 80 seats each, implying a total of 32 seats are offered for allotment by Government Law Colleges.
Meanwhile, the existing 18 private self-financing law colleges offer a total of 915 seats, with individual colleges offering a different number of seats.
Ques. If the candidate is unable to upload the photo. What is the reason?
Ans. Photograph of a candidate must be uploaded in prescribed format and dimensions, which can be found in ‘photo guideline’ on the application portal.
Ques. Is it necessary to complete all five steps involved in online submission of supplication in a single sitting?
Ans. It is not required to complete all steps in a single sitting. Subsequent to registration, the candidate can complete the remaining steps login into the account using application number and password.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College