Table of Contents
KMAT Kerala 2020 Admit Card (Released), Eligibility, Dates, Exam Pattern, Result
KMAT Kerala is a gateway for admission in various management schools in Kerala. The exam is held twice in a year. The first cycle of KMAT 2020 has already been completed and the scorecard was released on December 13, 2019. The official notification for second cycle is out. The last to date to apply for KMAT 2020 was May 25, 2020.
Latest: KMAT Kerala Admit Card has been released on June 06, 2020. Download here
KMAT 2020 second cycle will be conducted on June 21, 2020. Candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree with 50% marks. There is no age limit for KMAT 2020. The exam is conducted in CBT(Online) mode and is divided into sections: Quantitative Aptitude, Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge and Business Scenario and English Language.
KMAT 2020 Important Dates
Candidates can check the dates given below:
|Availability of KMAT Kerala Application Form 2020 (second cycle)||April 30, 2020|
|Last date to fill KMAT Kerala Application Form 2020 (second cycle)||May 25, 2020|
|Availability of KMAT Kerala 2020 Admit Card||June 06 2020|
|KMAT Kerala 2020 Exam Date (second cycle)||June 21, 2020|
|Release of KMAT Kerala 2020 Answer Key||June, 2020 (tentative)|
|Declaration of KMAT Kerala 2020 Result||July 2020 (tentative)|
|Release of KMAT Kerala Scorecard 2020|
July 2020 (tentative)
Highlights of KMAT Kerala 2020
|Exam Name||Kerala Management Aptitude Test (KMAT)|
|Conducting Body||Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS)|
|Exam Mode||Pen-paper Based Test|
|Periodicity||Twice a year|
|KMAT Official Website||kmatkerala.in|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|KMAT Kerala Contact Detailsemail@example.com | 0471-2335133|
Check KMAT Syllabus
KMAT Kerala 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The details regarding the eligibility criteria for KMAT Kerala are as follows:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- Candidate should be a native of Kerala.
- Candidates should have a Bachelors’ Degree of minimum 3 years duration with at least 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ST).
- Candidates in the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply, provided their results are declared before the commencement of admission process.
- CAT/CMAT score can also be used to apply for admission in MBA colleges in Kerala.
- There is no age limit to take the test.
How to Apply for KMAT Kerala?
Candidates can apply for KMAT Kerala 2020 from August 16, 2019 – November 11, 2019. The application form can only be filled online. The steps to apply for KMAT Kerala are given below:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website i.e. kmatkerala.in
- Click on ‘ new registration’
- Fill in the details- Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Category, Email ID
- Click on Submit
- An application number and password will be generated for future login
Step 2: Fill Online Application Form
- Login by entering the Application Number and password
- Enter Personal Details, Academic Details, and Contact details asked
- Click on Save and Continue
Step 3- Payment of Application Fee
- The payment can be online using Debit/Credit Card or Net banking
- Category-wise fee is given below:
- After paying the fee, click ‘Go to Next Step’.
Step 4- Uploading the Documents
- Upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature
- The photograph and signature must be equal to or less than 40 KB of 150 X 200 pixel in jpg format
- Click on Submit
Step 5- Choosing the Exam Center
- Choose three preferred exam centers
- Click on Submit
Step 6- Profile Verification and Submission
- Review the application form. No changes can be made once the application form is submitted
- If you need to make any changes, click edit and make the required changes
- No edit can be made in the basic information
- After making the changes, click on submit
- Take a print of the application form for future reference
KMAT Kerala Admit Card 2020
Candidates who have successfully registered themselves can download KMAT Admit Card from official website. The steps to download the admit card of KMAT Kerala is mentioned below.
Step 1: Visit the official website kmatkerala.in
Step 2: Login using valid credentials
Step 3: Click on “Download Admit card”
Step 4: Download and take a printout of admit card for future reference.
Details on KMAT Kerala 2020 Admit Card
- Address of the KMAT Kerala test center
- Test date and time
- Admit card number
- Photograph of student
- Personal Details of the Candidate
- Course and Subject
Read More about KMAT 2020 Admit Card
List of KMAT Kerala 2020 Exam Centers
KMAT Kerala 2020 will be held in the cities given below:
|KMAT Kerala Exam Centres|
KMAT Kerala 2020 Exam Pattern
- The state level examination is conducted in offline mode, it is a paper pen-based test
- 180 multiple choice questions, each carrying 4 marks.
- The medium of the exam is English only.
- The total duration of the exam is 150 minutes.
KMAT Kerala Section-wise Pattern
|Section Name||No. of Questions|
|English Language and Reading Comprehension||50|
|Data Sufficiency & Logical Reasoning||40|
|General Knowledge & Contemporary Business Scenario||40|
Read More About KMAT Kerala Exam Pattern
KMAT Kerala 2020 Syllabus
- English Language and Reading Comprehension: This section primarily contains questions from topics such as English grammar, Vocabulary and Language Usage, Comprehension Passage, etc.
- Quantitative Aptitude: The questions are based on topics such as Arithmetic, Algebra, Mensuration, Calculus, Geometry, etc.
- Data Sufficiency and Logical Reasoning: This section is an assessment of the candidate’s ability to analyze and interpret data. The questions are framed in the form of various graphs, pie charts, charts, etc. in the data sufficiency section.
- General Knowledge and Contemporary Business Scenario: This section covers various questions from the latest current affairs and trending topics of the year. The candidates should read newspapers, business journals, and magazines regularly to gain a stronghold on this subject. Several youtube channels also provide daily updates, which can be accessed by the aspirants.
Download Free KMAT Kerala Question Papers
KMAT Kerala Preparation Books
Some of the important books for KMAT Kerala are tabulated below. It would be beneficial to go through them while preparing for the management entrance exam. Going through multiple important books aids in a comprehensive preparation. The candidates will know all the important topics and sections and can improve their speed and accuracy by solving vivid practical exercises. Check KMAT Kerala Preparation Tips
|Preparation Books for KMAT Kerala 2020|
|Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher- Pearson||Class 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th Textbooks of NCERT/Kerala State Board|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examination Tips, Techniques, and Short-cut Methods by Abhijit Guha||Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension by Ajay Singh, Publisher – Arihant|
Pearson Guide to Verbal Ability and Logical Reasoning for CAT by Nishit Sinha, Publisher- Pearson
|Business English and Communication by Clark Zimmer, Publisher- Mcgraw Hill Ryerson|
KMAT Kerala 2020 Result
The result of KMAT Kerala 2020 first cycle has been released on December 10, 2019. Visit the official website of KMAT Kerala to check your final results. KMAT 2020 first cycle scorecards were available on December 13, 2019. The result of second cycle which will be conducted on May 17, 2020 is expected to be released in the month of July 2020. The steps to check the results are as follows:
Step 1: Visit theofficial site of KMAT Kerala
Step 2: Click ‘KMAT Kerala 2020 Result’ link.
Step 3: In the quick link table select ‘KMAT Kerala Results 2020’ link.
Step 4: Enter the required credentials – Roll No. and Date of Birth.
Step 5: Download the pdf file and view your results/ scores.
Read More about KMAT Kerala 2020 Result
KMAT Kerala Expected 2020 Cut Off
The minimum marks required for qualifying in KMAT Kerala, as stipulated by ASC, Kerala, is mentioned in the table below. There will be no rounding off marks to the nearest whole number. The qualifying cut off marks for CAT and CMAT will be same and at par with the qualifying cut off marks of KMAT.
- The candidates who secured 15% of the total 720 marks, i.e., 108 (Rounded to 108) marks and above are qualified for admission in any institutions/ colleges, as stated above, in Kerala.
- For SEBC category, the qualifying cut off marks is 10% of 720 marks, i.e., 71.6, (Rounded to 72 marks.)
- For SC/ST category, the qualifying cut off marks is 7.5 % of 720 marks, i.e., 53.7 (Rounded to 54 marks).
A tabulated format for the cut offs for KMAT Kerala is given below:
KMAT Kerala 2020 Selection Procedure
- Candidates have to apply for admission to individual colleges/institutions.
- The weightage given to Entrance Examination, Group Discussion and interview is 80:10:10 respectively.
- Based on KMAT Kerala Rank List, qualified candidates can get admission in the participating institutes.
- ASC (Admission Supervisory Committee) will consider the following total score of each exam to prepare the KMAT Kerala 2020 cutoff.
|Entrance Exam||Total Score|
|KMAT Kerala (MBA Exam)||720 marks|
- Candidates qualifying the written round will have to appear for the next round of selection process -Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
- Group Discussion: For Group discussion, qualified candidates from the previous rounds are given a topic related to current or business affairs. The duration of the GD usually varies. Candidates’ ability to take initiative and effectively communicate their ideas are tested in this round.
Personal Interview: The Personal Interview round is one on one interaction round where the panelists adjudge the candidates on the basis of their persona and ability to stay focused under pressure. The usual duration of PI round in 10-15 minutes.
Colleges Accepting KMAT Kerala Score
The list of top colleges accepting KMAT Kerala is provided below.
- Kannur University
- Kerala Agricultural University
- KUFOS (Kerala University Of Fisheries and Ocean Studies)
- APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
KMAT Kerala 2020 FAQs
Ques. What is the mode of KMAT 2020?
Ans. KMAT 2020 will be conducted in offline mode i.e. pen and paper-based.
Ques. Can I fill the KMAT Application form offline?
Ans. Yes, you can fill the Application form online.
Ques. What is the process of filing KMAT Application Form?
Ans. Candidates have to fill the KMAT Application Form online from the official website of KMAT. Candidates first have to pay the required Application fee after which they have to fill the required details in application form. After filling the details and uploading of images candidates can successfully submit the Application Form.
Ques. I forgot to save my Application Number at the time of registration process. What can I do?
Ans. Application number can be acquired by logging into the candidate’s portal. On candidate’s login page click on the tab ‘Forget Application Number’. Enter the required details like name, date of birth, password and security code. Application Number will be displayed on the screen.
Ques. How can I retrieve my logging password?
Ans. You can use the link ‘Forgot Password’ to create a new password available on candidate’s login page. You will require Application Number, date of birth and email ID to create a new password.
Ques. Is it necessary to save Application Number? What If I forget?
Ans. The application number is required to login to the candidates’ portal. You will also require application number to download your Admit Card. In case you have forgotten your Application Number you can acquire it from candidate’s login page by clicking on ‘Forgot Application number’.
Ques. I am not able to upload my scanned images. What should I do?
Ans. The scanned images should be uploaded according to the prescribed specifications, given below in the table: Format Size Dimensions Photograph Jpg 40kb 150*200 pixels Signature Jpg 40kb 150*200 pixels
Ques. How to make KMAT Application Fee payment?
Ans. Candidates can make application fee payment online only. Online payment can be made through Credit Card/Debit card or Net Banking. After payment of Application Fee candidates must save the SB Collect Reference Number required for logging to the next step in filling application form.
Ques. What is the KMAT Application fee?
Ans. The application fee forGeneral Category is INR 1000 and for SC/ ST Category INR 750
Ques. I belong to general category. Do I have to submit the caste certificate at the time of admission?
Ans. It is necessary for the candidates who need to avail fee concession/ scholarship based on the category. General category candidates need not submit caste certificate.
Ques. How will I get to know about the KMAT Application Fee Payment status?
Ans. After the successful Application fee payment, candidates will get the SB Collect reference Number. Candidates must note the number and can login for further filling of Application form. Candidates can also download the fee receipt after the successful payment of Application Fee.
Ques. Admit Card can also be sent by post?
Ans. No, candidates only get their admit card via online from the official website.
Ques. What is the procedure to claim SC/ST reservation?
Ans. Candidates seeking reservation under SC/ST category need to submit caste or a community certificate at the time of admission process.
Ques. What is the exam pattern of KMAT?
Ans. There are a total number of 180 objective questions to be completed in a duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. The exam will be conducted in English language only. KMAT is conducted of 720 marks. Candidate will get 4 marks for each correct response.
Ques. How to check KMAT Result?
Ans. Candidates can access their result from the official website of KMAT. On the homepage, click on ‘Get Score Card’ and enter the application number and date of Birth to get the result. Candidates should print the displayed result.
Ques. Which are the top colleges accepting KMAT Score?
Ans. Name of some top colleges accepting KMAT Score is: Kannur University CUSAT Kerala Agricultural University KUFOS (Kerala University Of Fisheries and Ocean Studies) APJ Abdul Kalam Technological University
Ques. Which are the leading B-schools accepting KMAT Score?
Ans. KMAT score will be accepted in more than 169 B-schools in Bangalore and Karnataka like Acharya Institute of Management and Sciences (AIMS), Alliance University, IFIM Business School, MP Birla Institute, M.S. Ramaiah, Mount Carmel, PESIT and many more.
Ques. How will I get to know that my Application Form is submitted successfully?
Ans. Candidates will get a summary sheet along with the payment details after the successful submission of KMAT Application Form.
Ques. What are the documents to be carried on the day of examination?
Ans. Candidates must carry the following documents with them on the day of examination: 1) Admit Card with photograph and your valid photo ID proof 2) Black & Blue ballpoint pen; HB Pencils, Eraser and Sharpener.
Ques. In case of any problem in KMAT 2020 like registration, non-receipt of unique ID on mail, downloading score card etc. whom should I contact?
Ans. You can contact the helpline number +91 9343996664 / +91 9343996665 and/or write mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. If I didn’t show up for the exam, will I get my Application Fee refunded?
Ans. No. The application fee will not be refunded unless paid twice for the same course.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College