KMAT Exam Pattern: KPPGCA the regulating body of KMAT releases the paper pattern and dates for the state level examination. This year, KMAT 2019 is scheduled for August 5 (tentative) in offline mode. Management aspirants seeking admissions to MBA/ PGDM or MCA programs offered by B-schools in Karnataka and Bangalore can apply online at www.kmatindia.com.
Having a complete knowledge of the pattern will not only help in understanding the structure of KMAT exam but will help in preparing a strategy to attempt the exam. Read on to know more about KMAT marking scheme, section-wise questions, important topics etc.
Highlights of KMAT Paper Pattern
Detailed KMAT Exam Pattern
The management examination will have a moderate level of difficulty without creating confusion in pen-paper mode. Candidates will be provided with a specially designed OMR sheets to mark the responses. The official exam pattern for this year’s KMAT exam has been released by the officials. Given below is a detailed pattern for KMAT Karnataka 2019:
Mode of Exam
- Offline i.e. pen-paper based test.
- Each of the test takers will be provided with an OMR sheet in which they will have to color the appropriate choice.
- Make sure to mark or color only one option.
Nature of Questions
- The questions in the examination will be objective in nature.
- This means, all the questions in KMAT 2019 will be of Multiple Choice type (MCQs), having 4 choices.
- Candidates must select the most appropriate answer.
- The duration of exam is 120 minutes (2 hours)
Total Questions | Sections
- KMAT Karnataka will comprise 120 questions.
- The question paper is segregated into 3 sections- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning
- No restriction to move to and fro among the sections.
KMAT Marking Scheme
- A uniform marking system is followed in the exam.
- As per the revised exam pattern of KMAT, there is no negative marking for any unanswered or incorrect answer.
- Hence, instead of skipping a question, one can use their calculated guess and mark the answer.
Section-wise Questions Distribution
Verbal Ability and Reading Skills: This section will test the applicant’s knowledge and proficiency in English.
Quantitative Ability: This section will assess the basic mathematical ability of individuals. It is considered to be relatively a scoring section.
Logical Reasoning: The section is designed to evaluate the understanding of patterns from the data given and to test the visualization power of students.
Test structure for both courses, MBA and MCA:
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40|
The syllabus for KMAT 2019 is based on English, Mathematics and Logical reasoning of 10+2 level. The entire syllabus is defined by KPPGCA. The section wise syllabus is given as follows:
|Grammar||Numerical Calculations||Multi-dimensional arrangements|
|Vocabulary||Arithmetic Problems||Seating Arrangement|
|Tenses||Quantitative Reasoning||Coding and decoding|
|One word substitution||Algebra||Clocks and Calendars|
|Sentence Completion||Geometry||Series and Sets|
|Synonyms & Antonyms||Trigonometry||Puzzles|
|Comprehension of passages||Common Graphs & Charts||Syllogisms|
Check detailedKMAT Exam Syllabus and Books
KMAT Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques: Can we take OMR sheet with us?
Ans: No, you have to submit it to the exam invigilator before leaving the examination room.
Ques: Are there any negative marking for questions?
Ans: No, there is no negative marking for wrong answer.
Ques: What is the time duration of the Exam?
Ans: The duration to complete KMAT is 120 minutes.
Ques: What if I marked more than one option in OMR sheet for single question?
Ans: Your answer will not be counted if you marked more than one option for a single question?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College