KMAT 2020 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme and Syllabus
KMAT Exam Pattern: Karnataka MAT is a pen-paper based test that evaluates candidate’s quantitative, verbal/reading, data interpretation and reasoning skills. The paper has 3 sections, having 120 MCQ questions that are to be completed in 2 hours. Download KMAT Sample Papers
- This year, the second drive exam will be conducted on October 20, 2020.
- The syllabus is based on the fundamentals of 10+2 curriculum. Check KMAT Syllabus
- As per the marking scheme, 1 mark is awarded for a correct answer and there is no provision for negative marking.
Having complete knowledge of the pattern will not only help in understanding the structure of KMAT exam but will help in preparing a strategy to attempt the exam. Read on to know more about KMAT marking scheme, section-wise questions, important topics etc.
Highlights of KMAT Paper Pattern
Detailed KMAT Exam Pattern
The management examination will have a moderate level of difficulty without creating confusion in pen-paper mode. Candidates will be provided with a specially designed OMR sheet to mark the responses. The official exam pattern for this year’s KMAT exam has been released by the officials. Given below is a detailed pattern for KMAT Karnataka 2020:
Mode of Exam
- Offline i.e. pen-paper based test.
- Each of the test takers will be provided with an OMR sheet in which they will have to color the appropriate choice.
- Make sure to mark or color only one option.
Nature of Questions
- The questions in the examination will be objective in nature.
- This means, all the questions in KMAT 2020 will be of Multiple Choice type (MCQs), having 4 choices.
- Candidates must select the most appropriate answer.
- The duration of exam is 120 minutes (2 hours)
Total Questions | Sections
- KMAT Karnataka will comprise 120 questions.
- The question paper is segregated into 3 sections- Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability and Logical Reasoning
- No restriction to move to and fro among the sections.
KMAT Marking Scheme
- A uniform marking system is followed in the exam.
- As per the revised exam pattern of KMAT, there is no negative marking for any unanswered or incorrect answer.
- Hence, instead of skipping a question, one can use their calculated guess and mark the answer.
Section-wise Questions Distribution
Verbal Ability and Reading Skills: This section will test the applicant’s knowledge and proficiency in English.
Quantitative Ability: This section will assess the basic mathematical ability of individuals. It is considered to be relatively a scoring section.
Logical Reasoning: The section is designed to evaluate the understanding of patterns from the data given and to test the visualization power of students.
Test structure for both courses, MBA and MCA:
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||40|
The syllabus for KMAT 2020 is based on English, Mathematics and Logical reasoning of 10+2 level. The entire syllabus is defined by KPPGCA. The section wise syllabus is given as follows:
|Grammar||Numerical Calculations||Multi-dimensional arrangements|
|Vocabulary||Arithmetic Problems||Seating Arrangement|
|Tenses||Quantitative Reasoning||Coding and decoding|
|One word substitution||Algebra||Clocks and Calendars|
|Sentence Completion||Geometry||Series and Sets|
|Synonyms & Antonyms||Trigonometry||Puzzles|
|Comprehension of passages||Common Graphs & Charts||Syllogisms|
Check detailedKMAT Exam Syllabus and Books
KMAT Exam Pattern FAQs
Ques. Can we take OMR sheet with us?
Ans. No, you have to submit it to the exam invigilator before leaving the examination room.
Ques. Are there any negative marking for questions?
Ans. No, there is no negative marking for wrong answer.
Ques. What is the time duration of the Exam?
Ans. The duration to complete KMAT is 120 minutes.
Ques. What if I marked more than one option in OMR sheet for single question?
Ans. Your answer will not be counted if you marked more than one option for a single question?
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College