KVPY 2019 Exam Dates, Application Form, Exam Pattern, Syllabus and Result
KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana) is a national level scholarship program up to Pre-Ph.D level. It is organized by IISc Bangalore annually. In the year 2019, KVPY exam is expected to be conducted on November 3, 2019.
- Online Registration for KVPY 2019 will begin in the 3rd week of July.
- The eligibility criteria are different for every post, applicants must fulfil the complete eligibility to apply for the program. Check KVPY Eligibility
- Interested and eligible candidates can submit their applications on the official website till 4th week of August.
- The exam will be conducted in computer-based mode. Check KVPY Exam Pattern
- KVPY 2019 Result will be announced in the first week of December.
- The selection of candidates is done through aptitude test and Interview round.
KVPY 2019 Exam Highlights
|Exam||KVPY (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana)|
|Conducting Authority||IISc, Bangalore (Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore)|
|Streams||SA, SB and SX|
|KVPY Exam Centers||54 Cities across|
|KVPY 2019 Exam Date||November 3, 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. Computer-based|
|Medium of Exam||English only|
|Number of Qualified candidates||SA- 75, SB- 66, SX- 144|
KVPY 2019 Exam Dates
The below table represents tentative scheduled of KVPY 2019 Exam.
|Official Notification||2nd week of July 2019||-|
|Online Application Process begins||3rd week of July 2019||KVPY Application Form ends in the 4th week of August|
|Last date of form submission||4th week of August 2019|
|Admit card||3rd week of October 2019||Download KVPY Admit Card from kvpy.iisc.ernet.in|
|KVPY 2019 Exam Date||November 3, 2019||Duration of the test will be 3 hours|
|KVPY Result declaration||3rd week of December 2019||Check KVPY Result online @kvpy.iisc.ernet.in|
|Interview session||3rd week of January 2019||-|
KVPY Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who are applying for KVPY 2019 must check the detailed eligibility standards given below. It includes educational conditions for each stream-SA/SX/SB, which candidates must fulfil to avail the fellowship program.
On the Basis of Nationality:
Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for KVPY exam.
|SA||Candidates who enrolled themselves in Class 11th (science stream) must apply for this exam. Minimum Marks: Candidates must pass class 10th with Mathematics & Science subjects with minimum 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD).|
|SX||Qualifying Exam: Candidates who have taken admission in class 12th (science subjects) can apply. Minimum Marks: Candidates must score minimum 60% (50% for SC/ST/PwD) in Mathematics and Science subjects (PCB) in Class 12th. Candidates also have to obtain at least 75% (65% in case of SC/ST/PwD) in class 10th.|
|SB||Qualifying Exam: Candidates who enrolled in 1st year of the UG programme in Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology)- B.Sc/BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc) can apply for this exam. Minimum Marks: Candidates must score at least 60% (50% in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 examination. In the first year of their final exam in B.Sc/BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc, students must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD).|
Check detailed KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2019
KVPY 2019 Application Form
Candidates can submit KVPY 2019 Application Form through online mode. The application form details are given below.
- There is no other mode to fill application form.
- Candidates can register for KVPY exam from July 11, 2019 (tentative).
- The last date of application form submission is August 31, 2019.
- Candidates have to fill their personal and academic details, choose test centre & upload photograph, signature & other certificates as applicable.
- Before filling the KVPY registration form, candidates must read the instruction carefully.
- Keep the printout of the filled application form for future use.
- Candidates can submit the application fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) mode.
- The application fee is INR 1000 for General category & INR 500 for SC/ST/PwD category).
KVPY 2019 Admit Card
- The admit card of KVPY 2019 will be available at the official website only.
- Only those candidates who have successfully registered for the exam will be issued the admit card of KVPY.
- Before downloading the document, candidates must cross-check the details mentioned on it
- Candidates are advised to download the admit card at least three days prior to the exam
What to Carry with KVPY Admit Card 2019?
Candidates appearing for KVPY 2019 are advised to carry the documents mentioned below to their allotted exam center:
- KVPY Admit Card 2019 (original as well as copies)
- Two passport sized photograph as uploaded on KVPY application form
- School Id or any Photo Identity Card
KVPY 2019 Test Centers
- Candidates have the option to select four choices from the list of KVPY 2019 exam center at the time of filling the KVPY application form
- The exam conducting authority will be allotting the exam center in order of preference chosen by candidates and availability of seats
- Candidates appearing for KVPY 2019 should not forget to carry their KVPY admit card in original as well as a photocopy while appearing for the examination
- Candidates must read all instructions for KVPY exam center 2019 mentioned on their admit card and should follow the instructions to avoid any discrepancy that may create hassles
- Candidates are not allowed to carry any electrical items/gadgets or study materials inside the examination hall. If any candidate is found carrying any material that is not allowed, their candidature will be cancelled on the spot
- Also, the exam centre officials are not accountable for the loss of any material outside KVPY exam centre 2019
KVPY 2019 Exam Pattern
Here we are providing the Exam Pattern of KVPY 2019 examination:
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in online (Computer Based Test) mode.
- Date & Shift: KVPY 2019 is scheduled for November 3 in two shifts, for stream SA 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM and for stream SB/SX 2 PM to 5 PM.
- Medium of Question Paper: The question paper will be asked in both English & Hindi Language.
- Type of Questions: It is a multiple choice type question paper. All the questions are compulsory to attempt in stream SA. There is an option to attempt any three sections in Part I & any two sections in Part II in Stream SB/SX.
- Duration of Exam: Duration of the paper is three hours.
- Sections: Question paper will contain two sections: Part I & Part II, having four sections each.
- Total Marks: The paper will consist of 100 marks.
KVPY 2019 Marking Scheme
- The question papers of Stream SA & Stream SB/SX will be of 100 marks.
- In Part I of both the Stream, one mark will be awarded for correct response and 0.25 marks will be deducted for an incorrect response.
- In Part II of Stream SA and Stream SB/SX, for each correct response, two marks will be given to the candidates & 0.5 marks will be deducted for incorrect answer.
Paper Analysis for Previous Year KVPY Exam
Revision of basic topics from NCERT books thoroughly is the major key to crack KVPY 2019. Given below is the KVPY SA Review of last year:
- SA Stream KVPY Exam was moderate, tricky and time-consuming. Mathematics and Physics section was easy while Chemistry was moderate.
- Important Topics in Physics- Physics section had around 14 questions which were found to be easy and direct. This section had most questions from Optics and Mechanics.
- Important Topics in Chemistry- Most of the questions from this section were moderate (14 questions). Dominating topics in this stream were Mole concept, Physical Chemistry (Class XI) and Organic Chemistry (Class XII)
- Important Topics in Mathematics- Mathematics section holds 25% weightage of the exam and had 13 easy questions. The most important topics in this section were Coordinate Geometry and Straight Line.
SB/SX stream KVPY exam has a similar pattern and preparation strategy. Given below is last year KVPY SB/SX Review
- SB Stream KVPY Exam was easy to moderate. Mathematics was found to be the most difficult section in the exam. Physics and Chemistry were easy while Biology was moderate.
- Important topics in Physics- Physics section had 21 easy questions out of the 40. Electrodynamics, Optics and Mechanics were the most important topics in the exam.
- Important Topics in Chemistry- Chemistry section was found to be the easiest of all the sections in the exam. There were around 18 easy questions. Most of the questions were from Inorganic Chemistry (Class XII), Organic Chemistry (Class XII) and Physical Chemistry (Class XI)
- Important Topics in Mathematics- Maths was the trickiest section in the exam as claimed by the students. It had 19 difficult questions. Dominating topics in this section were Calculus (Differential and Integral), Definite Integration and Binomial Theorem
- Important Topics in Biology- Biology section was moderate in the exam with 32 questions of moderate difficulty level. Molecular Genetics and Biomolecules were the most important topics in the exam.
KVPY 2019 Recommended Books
Given below are the best prescribed books for KVPY examination which are entirely based on the KVPY latest syllabus. These books are handy as it feature all the essential things required while preparing for the examination.
|Physics||Fundamentals of Physics by David Hally|
|Concepts of Physics by DC Pandey|
|Chemistry||Modern ABC of Chemistry by Modern Publishers|
|NCERT Physical and Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon|
|Mathematics||Mathematics for Class 11 by RD Sharma|
|NCERT Class 11 and Class 12|
|Biology||Elementary Biology by Trueman|
|NCERT Books class 11 and Class 12|
KVPY 2019 Result
A merit list is published category-wise for each stream for KVPY final result 2019
- A provisional list of candidates for each stream candidates are declared, these candidates are recommended for the KVPY fellowship programme provided they meet the KVPY 2019 eligibility criteria
- The KVPY final result is available in PDF format. It mentions roll number, application number, name and rank of candidates who have qualified KVPY 2019
- It must be noted by candidate that no request for re-evaluation of KVPY result is considered under any circumstance.
- Candidates who obtain the KVPY cutoff marks as per their category are considered qualified for the fellowship programme.
How to Check KVPY Result?
Here we have given some steps to check the KVPY 2019 Result:
- Visit the official website link i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- A new page will be displayed on the screen.
- Fill all the required details like Application Number and Date of Birth carefully.
- Date of birth should be given in the format of DD-MM-YYYY.
- After filling the details, click on the “Continue” button.
- The result will appear on the screen.
- Check and download the result.
- Candidates don’t forget to take extra printouts of the result for further admission process.
KVPY 2019 Cut off
- KVPY 2019 cutoff is the basis for shortlisting candidates for the second level of the exam-interview
- The KVPY Cutoff is calculated on the basis of performance in the aptitude test.
- The cut off marks of KVPY is based on a number of factors, including maximum marks secured by a candidate, minimum marks secured by a candidate
- KVPY Cut off differs for each category-General, SC/ST and PWD
- KVPY cutoff for each of the streams is announced out of maximum of 100 marks.
- The final merit list will be prepared by providing 75% weightage to the aptitude test and 25% weightage to interview.
- KVPY 2016 & 2017 cut off marks for aptitude test (out of 100 marks) is given below category-wise:
KVPY Cut Off 2017
KVPY Cut Off 2016
KVPY 2019 Selection Process
Candidates will be called for the selection procedure on the basis of their performance in the KVPY Aptitude Test. The selection process will include interview round. The interview round will be held in the 3rd week of January 2019. Candidates will be informed about interview dates, time & venue through email/website. After the successful completion of the entrance exam & interview round, the scholarship will be provided to the successful candidates.
- KVPY Merit List is prepared by considering the scores obtained by the candidate in the Aptitude test and Interview.
- The evaluation is based on 75% marks of Aptitude test and 25% of performance in interview.
- The details about the Aptitude Test and Interview is given below:
- Candidates are evaluated on the reasoning and candidate’s analytical abilities.
- Candidates are required to obtain a total of 75% marks out of the total weightage.
- Candidates are required to attempt any three sections in Part I and any two sections of Part II for SB/SX stream only.
- The shortlisted candidates are allocated a venue of the interview as per the KVPY Test Center allocated to them.
- Interview is primarily conducted to gather additional information on each finalist applicant with regard to their knowledge, abilities and aptitude etc. in the field of science and research.
Check detailedKVPY Selection Procedure
KVPY Scholarship/ Fellowship
- Candidates will be eligible for KVPY Fellowship/scholarship based on their performance in aptitude test and interview.
- The authority will award the scholarship to the selected candidates.
- Here, we are mentioning details about the cash which is awarded to the KVPY scholarship holders:
|Basic Sciences||Monthly Fellowship||Annual Contingency Grant|
|SA/SX/SB- during 1st to 3rd years of- B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.||INR 5000||INR 20000|
|SA/SX/SB- during M.Sc./4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc./M.S/M.Math./M.Stat.||INR 7000||INR 28000|
KVPY 2019 FAQs
Ques. How can apply for KVPY 2019?
Ans - You can apply only online on the official website of KVPY i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
Ques. When will the registration for KVPY 2019 start?
Ans - The online Registration for KVPY 2019 has been started from July 11, 2019, until August 31, 2019.
Ques. When can I download my admit card for the KVPY 2019 exam?
Ans - You can download your admit card from the official website in the 2nd week of October 2019.
Ques. When will be the KVPY 2019 exam held?
Ans - The KVPY 2019 is scheduled for November 4, 2019.
Ques. When will be the results for KVPY 2019 declared?
Ans - The results will be declared in the 1st week of December 2019.
Ques. When will the interview round start?
Ans - Interview round for KVPY 2019 will be held in the 3rd week of January 2019.
Ques. What is the Application Fee for KVPY 2019?
Ans - The application fee for KVPY 2019 is INR 1000 for candidates of General category & INR 500 for SC/ST/PwD category.
Ques. Can I submit the fee for KVPY through challan?
Ans - Yes, you can submit the application fee through online (Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking) or offline (Challan) mode.
Ques. For what streams is KVPY 2019 conducted and what is their Eligibility Criterion?
Ans - Various exams conducted by KVPY along with their eligibility criterion are as follows –
- Stream SA: Candidates who have passed Class 11th (science stream) can apply for this exam. Minimum Marks: Candidates have to pass class 10th with Mathematics & Science subjects & secure minimum 80% marks (70% marks for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate.
- Stream SX: Candidates who have passed class 12th with Mathematics & Science subjects (PCB) can apply for this exam. Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score minimum 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in Science subjects (PCB) in Class 12th. Candidates also have to obtain at least 80% marks (70% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD) in aggregate in class 10th.
- Stream SB: Candidates who have enrolled in 1st year of the UG programme in Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology) leading to B.Sc/BS/B.Math./B.Stat./MS/Int. M.Sc) can apply for this exam. Minimum Marks: Candidates have to score at least 60% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in 10+2 examination.
Ques. What is the syllabus for the written exam?
Ans - There is no prescribed syllabus for the exam but students are tested for the syllabus up to class X/XII/1st year of B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./ B.Math./ Int. M.Sc./ M.S. as applicable.
Ques. What is the Pattern of KVPY exam?
Ans - The KVPY exam will have multiple choice questions of 100 marks and the paper will have two sections i.e. PART I & PART II. The duration of the examination will be three hours.
Ques. What is the marking scheme for the exam?
Ans - Students will be awarded one mark for each correct answer in PART I and two marks for each correct answer in PART II. Negative Marking: In PART I, 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer and in PART II, 0.5 marks will be deducted for wrong response.
Ques. Can I attempt the exam in Hindi language?
Ans - Yes, you can attempt the exam in either English or Hindi Language.
Ques. Can State board students participate in KVPY 2019?
Ans - Yes, State board students can apply for KVPY 2019.
Ques. Is it necessary that the students have to study all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics?
Ans - All questions are compulsory (Science and Mathematics) for Stream-SA. For streams SB and SX, there will be four sections in Part I (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) and four sections in Part II (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) and all the students have to select any 3 of the 4 subjects in Part I and any 2 of the 4 subjects in Part II.
Ques. When will I be finally eligible for the scholarship based KVPY program?
Ans - All the students will be finally eligible for the scholarship based KVPY program after successfully clearing the interview round.
Ques. What are the important Documents required at the time of Interview?
Ans - Candidates have to bring the following documents at the time of interview-
- Interview call letter
- KVPY 2019 Interview Call Letter
- KVPY 2019 Admit Card
- 10th & 12th Original Marks Sheet
- Category Certificate
- A Self-Appraisal forms
- Study certificate form
Ques. Can I avail the KVPY Fellowship along with a merit scholarship?
Ans - KVPY does not allow its Fellows to be eligible for any other scholarship apart from its own, whether it is government or private. However, if there is any such case, they relinquish the other fellowship so that the student can avail the KVPY Fellowship.
Ques. Are calculators allowed in KVPY exam?
Ans - No, you cannot take the calculators to the exam centre but virtual calculators will be made available to you at the exam center.
Ques. Are calculators allowed in KVPY exam?
Ans - No, you cannot take the calculators to the exam centre but virtual calculators will be made available to you at the exam center.
Ques. Where can I contact KVPY in case of any query?
Ans - In case of any query, you can call on 080 - 22932975/76, 080- 23601008 & 080 - 22933536 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ques. Tell me about the fellowship program?
Ans - The fellowship program will be of 5 years in which fellows will get a monthly stipend of INR 5000 and Annual Contingency Grant of INR 20,000 during 1st to 3rd years of - B.Sc./B.S./B. Stat./B. Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S. The fellows will get a monthly stipend of INR 7000 and Annual Contingency Grant of INR 28,000 during M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College