KVPY 2019 Application Form(Out), Dates, Pattern and Syllabus
KVPY 2019 Application Form is released on July 8, 2019. This year, KVPY 2019 is scheduled for November 3 in online (computer-based) mode.
Direct Link to Apply for KVPY 2019 Exam
- Students meeting the eligibility standards could fill KVPY application form in the online mode only. Check KVPY Eligibility
- The forms will be available for all the streams - SA, SX and SB.
- The process for applying comprises three steps- registration, entering details and making payment.
- Candidates who have registered successfully for the scholarship program can download their KVPY Admit Card from October 12, available at KVPY’s website i.e. kvpy.iisc.ernet.in.
Pre-requisites for KVPY Registration
- A valid email address and an active mobile number.
- A credit card/ debit card or net banking (application fee for general & OBC category is INR 1000 and INR 500 for SC/ST/PH/Pwd). Download KVPY Practice Papers
- Proper Internet connection.
WHAT ARE SA, SB and SX STREAM?
- SA Stream- Candidates applying for KVPY after Class XI have to apply under this stream.
- SX Stream- Candidates applying after Class XII have to apply under this stream.
- SB Stream- Candidates pursuing B.Sc. Basic Sciences (1st year) must apply under this stream.
KVPY 2019 Registration Highlights
|Availability of KVPY Application Form||July 8, 2019|
|Basic Eligibility||Indian Nationals can apply|
|Mode of Application||Online |
|Documents Required||Scanned Photo and Signature|
|Application Fee||INR 1000 for GEN/OBC and INR 500 (SC/ST/PwD)|
KVPY Application Dates 2019
In the given table, we are providing the official schedule of KVPY 2019.
Commencement of Online Application
July 8, 2019
Release of KVPY Admit card
KVPY 2019 Exam Date
|Movemeber 3, 2019 |
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidates can register for KVPY registration 2019 only after checking the complete eligibility to appear in the examination. The complete eligibility criteria are given below:
- Nationality: Applying candidates must be an Indian Nationals.
- For Stream SA: Candidates, those studying in 11th standard with science subjects & secured 75% aggregate marks (65% marks for reserved categories) in Mathematics & science subjects in Class 10th can apply.
- For Stream SX: Candidates who studying in class 12th & score 75% marks (65% marks in case of SC/ST/PwD category) in aggregate in Mathematics & science in 10th standard can also apply.
- For Stream SB: Candidates, those studying in 1st year of UG course in basic sciences & score at least 60% marks (50% for reserved categories) are also eligible. Read More KVPY 2019 Eligibility
How to Apply for KVPY 2019?
By following the steps given below, students can register themselves and proceed to fill the KVPY application form 2019:
- Navigate to the official website link
- Click on that link
- Now, click on the link “Login for Application”
Step 1: Registration
- Candidates have to register prior to filling the application form of KVPY 2019. They have to click on the link given above for the registration.
- They have to fill basic details, including email id, mobile number and date of birth and enter the captcha to complete registration.
- Post registration, candidates will be given registered user Id and password.
Note: KVPY will send important information in connection with the exam and application on your registered E-mail/Mobile number, so candidates must ensure that they fill valid and correct information as it will be not be changed once it is submitted.
Step 2: Filling KVPY Application Form 2019
Candidates have to login using their user ID and password to fill the application form of KVPY. Candidates have to fill the following details in KVPY application form 2019:
- Personal Details - Candidates have to fill their basic details in the KVPY application form, such as gender, category and address and then click on save and next
- Academic Details - Students have to fill educational qualification details, name and address of the school or college and then click on save and next button
- Uploading Documents and Exam Preference - Here, students have to select the language, preference for the test centres (maximum 4), and upload their photograph signature. Now candidates can submit the application form after preview.
Step 3: KVPY 2019 Application Fee Payment
The fee for KVPY application form can be paid online.
- For online mode, candidates can make the payment via credit card/debit card/net banking.
- Once KVPY application fee 2019 has been remitted, they can check the updated status of KVPY application form 2019 after logging in.
KVPY Application Fee
|General and OBC||INR 1000|
- After making payment candidate will be asked to check a declaration and proceed with ‘Submit and Pay’ option.
Important Instructions Before Applying KVPY Application Form
Before starting their KVPY application process 2019, students have to first check some of the important instructions. We have listed some for you below:
- Candidates can fill the application form of KVPY 2019 in the online mode only.
- Before filling up KVPY 2019 application form, candidates must check KVPY eligibility criteria and other important instructions
- Students should keep the required documents ready before proceeding to fill KVPY application form 2019
- In case of incomplete applications or a student found to be ineligible at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled right away
- The application fee for KVPY is non-refundable. No money will be returned to students in case their KVPY 2019 application form is rejected
- Before submitting the KVPY application form 2019, candidates should carefully verify the data. Once submitted, no changes in the application form will be entertained.
KVPY Application Form Submission Status
- Candidates can check the status of KVPY 2019 application form by logging in using their user Id and password.
- It is advisable for candidates to download and keep a printout of the KVPY application form 2019 for future reference.
KVPY Application Form 2019: Correction and Preview
- Candidates must preview the application form of KVPY 2019 prior to the final submission.
- There will be no option for correction once the form is submitted successfully.
- They must, therefore, preview the KVPY application form 2019 before submitting it.
KVPY Application Form FAQs
Ques. Some friends from my School/College are planning to take the KVPY aptitude test. Can we ask our School/College authorities to request bulk applications for us?
Ans – Candidates cannot submit KVPY Application Form through mode other than Online.
Ques. Is it necessary that the students have to study all the four subjects i.e. Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics?
Ans – For Stream SA, all the questions will be compulsory. In Stream SB and Stream SX, there will be four sections in Part I (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics) and four sections in Part II (Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics). Candidates will be allowed to answer any three of the four subjects in Part I and any two of the four subjects in Part II.
Ques. Can I avail the KVPY Fellowship along with a merit scholarship?
Ans – KVPY does not allow a candidate to receive simultaneously scholarship from more than one source, either government or private. In case there is a receipt of any other scholarship, he/she will have to relinquish it in order to avail the KVPY Fellowship.
Ques. Whom should I contact in case of KVPY Test Center related queries?
Ans – Candidate’s queries can be answered via mail in case of any assistance.
Ques. I have a scanned copy of my photograph/signature/caste certificate, the file size of which exceeds the limit mentioned in the online application form. What should I do?
Ans – Only prescribed dimensions of the Scanned images is acceptable. In case candidate exceeds it, he/she must compress the file and then upload it.
Ques. What are the examination timings?
Ans – For stream SA: Forenoon 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (reporting time: 8:30 AM), For Stream SB/SX: Afternoon 2 PM to 5 PM (reporting time: 1 PM)
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College