Table of Contents
LFAT 2020 Application Form (Extended), Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern & Result
The University of Allahabad has extended application for LFAT 2020. The last date to register for the test is now July 15, 2020. The paper has got postponed due to health crisis caused by COVID-19 pandemic, final dates for which will be announced later. However, it is expected that exam will be conducted around 1st week of August 2020. Candidates willing to apply for Bachelor of Legislative Law (LLB) and Bachelor or Arts- LLB will be able to make payment of fees till the same date. Click here to apply for LFAT 2020
- The paper will be conducted offline, giving candidates 2 hours for 150 questions. LFAT 2020 will have questions from Language Comprehension, General Awareness and Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude. Check LFAT Exam Pattern
- The questions will be multiple choice where candidates’ 1/3rd marks will be deducted for each wrong answer in Part 1 & 2, and 2/3rd marks for each wrong answer in Part 3.
Allahabad University, established in 1887, is the Fourth oldest University of India. Because of the prestige that it carries from history till date, there is immense enthusiasm among students to get admission here. Once the examination is over, the most awaited time is results. LFAT 2020 results are expected to be declared by last week of August 2020, after which the counselling process will begin for qualified candidates. Read the article for more information on LFAT 2020.
LFAT 2020 Exam Highlights
|Name of exam||Law Faculty Entrance Test 2020|
|Commonly known as||LFAT 2020|
|Level of exam||National|
|Courses offered||BA LLB (integrated)|
|Frequency of exam||Once in a year|
|Mode of exam||Offline|
|Total Seats||120, including 6 seats for wards of the teachers or employees of Allahabad University|
Important Dates for LFAT 2020
LFAT 2020 Exam Dates
LFAT 2020 is expected to be conducted in the 1st week of June 2020. Here is a detailed look at the tentative schedule of LFAT 2020:
|Application forms for the exam can be filled from||March 25, 2020/ May 10, 2020 (Resumed)|
|Last date to apply for LFAT 2020||July 15, 2020 (Extended)|
|Admit cards can be downloaded from||To be notified|
|Date of examination||To be notified|
|Declaration of Final Results||To be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for LFAT 2020
LFAT 2020 Eligibility
Candidates must fulfill LFAT 2020 eligibility criteria before appearing in LFAT 2020 exam. Here are the details of Eligibility Criteria set out by Allahabad University for LFAT 2020: -
- Candidate need to have passed Class 12 or equivalent examination, which should be recognized by the admission council of the university or Bar Council of India.
- They must have obtained at least 45% marks in class 12 if he/she is a general category candidate or in an equivalent examination.
- Similarly, the minimum score required for OBC candidate is 42% and SC/ST candidate is 40% in class 12th.
How to fill LFAT 2020 Application Form?
LFAT 2020 Application Form
LFAT 2020 Application Form has resumed from May 10, 2020. It is available on the official website of Allahabad University and can be filled online only. Candidates may follow these steps to apply for LFAT 2020: -
- Visit the official website.
- From the Home Page, candidates need to select LFAT 2020 and click on proceed.
- On the new page, candidates need to click on Apply for LFAT 2020.
- After clicking on this link, the application form will open.
- Candidates need to fill the necessary details and upload the documents as required.
- After doing so, candidates may proceed to payment.
- The application fee for LFAT 2020 is INR 1600 for General and OBC category candidates and INR 800 for all other categories.
- After making the payment, the application form is complete. Candidates are advised to take a copy of this, as it may be needed in the future.
- Candidates will also be sent a registration number and password which they will need to preserve.
If the link given above does not work, candidates can try www.allduniv.ac.in and click on Admission 2020, and then follow the same procedure.
LFAT 2020 Admit Card
Release date for LFAT 2020 Admit Card will be announced soon by the authorities. Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the University. Here is the procedure of downloading the admit card for LFAT 2020: -
- Visit official website aupravesh2020.cbtexam.in.
- On the home page, Click on Download Admit Card for LFAT 2020.
- After clicking, a login page will appear.
- Enter Login ID and password
- Click on ‘Login.’
- After logging in, Admit Card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to take at least two copies of the Admit Card
What is the Exam Pattern for LFAT 2020?
LFAT 2020 Exam Pattern
LFAT 2020 is to be conducted in offline mode. The test will comprise of 150 questions on different subjects. Let’s take a look at the complete examination pattern for LFAT 2020: –
- There will be 150 questions in the paper.
- Candidates will be allotted duration of 150 minutes to complete the test.
- The test will contain 3 sections, namely Language Comprehension, General Awareness, Reasoning, and Legal Aptitude.
- Each section will contain 50 questions.
- All the questions will be Multiple Choice Questions.
- Each question will carry 2 marks; thus, the whole paper will be of 300 marks.
The following table may give a precise idea of the examination pattern of LFAT 2020: -
|SECTION||QUESTIONS||MAXIMUM MARKS||TIME ALLOTTED|
|Language Comprehension||50||100||150 minutes|
|Reasoning and Legal Aptitude||50||100|
Check LFAT 2020 Exam Pattern
Detailed Syllabus for LFAT 2020
LFAT 2020 Syllabus
LFAT 2020 consists of 3 sections, Language Comprehension, General Awareness and Reasoning and Legal Aptitude. It is very important that candidates cover all necessary topics related to the sections. Here is a table representing the detailed list of topics to be covered for LFAT 2020, under each section: -
|SECTION||TOPICS TO BE COVERED|
|Language Comprehension||Candidates must know that this section will have question in both English and Hindi Language. Therefore, candidates must do every topic for both the languages. Some important topics for this section are – Reading Comprehension, Grammar Based Error Spotting and Sentence Correction, Antonym Synonym, Usage of Words, Analogies etc.|
|General Awareness||Candidates need to cover both static and current general knowledge for this section. Candidates may cover topics like Indian Polity, Indian History and Geography, International Events, United Nations, Sports, Environmental News, Awards and Achievements and Major Changes happening in Politics.|
|Reasoning and Legal Aptitude||For Reasoning, candidates may do some common topics like Number Series, Alphabet Series, Linear Arrangements, Circular Arrangements, Direction Sense, Blood Relations, Syllogisms, Critical Reasoning etc.|
|For legal Aptitude, candidates need to cover topics like Torts, Law of Crimes, Indian Constitution, Contracts Law, Vicarious Liability, Strict Liability, Intellectual Property Rights, International Laws etc.|
LFAT 2020 Result
Results for LFAT 2020 is expected to be announced in the 4th week of August 2020. LFAT 2020 Results will be available on the official website of the University.
Candidates will need to follow the steps listed below to view the result for LFAT 2020: -
- Go to the official website of Allahabad University aupravesh2020.cbtexam.in.
- On the homepage, click on – ‘Download Result for BA LLB.’
- After clicking, a login page will appear.
- Candidates need to enter their Login ID and password as provided during registration, and click on ‘Login.’
- After logging in, LFAT 2020 Score Card will appear on the screen.
- Candidates are advised to take at least two copies of the Score Card, as it will be needed in future processes.
LFAT 2020 Cut off
LFAT 2020 cut off is the minimum number of marks that candidates need to score to be considered for admission. Allahabad University has clearly defined the minimum marks that candidate needs to score to be considered for LFAT 2020 seat allotment process.
Here are the details of LFAT 2020 Cut off: -
- General category candidate needs to score at least 30% marks in the exam to qualify.
- OBC category candidates need to score at least 27% marks to get admission.
- There are no minimum qualifying criteria for SC/ST candidates.
LFAT 2019 Cut Off
|Category||Cut Off Marks|
LFAT 2020 Counselling
After the declaration of results, LFAT 2020 counselling process is performed which is an important step of admission process. Shortlisted candidates need to appear in the counselling process and those who do not appear in LFAT 2020 counselling will not be considered for admission.
Since Counselling is such an important step, candidates are advised not to do any mistake. Therefore, candidates are advised to carry proper type of documents, which are listed below: -
- Score Card of LFAT 2020
- Admit Card of LFAT 2020
- Detailed Marks Certificate of Class 10
- Detailed Marks Certificate of Class 12
- Migration/Transfer Certificate from previous board
- Character Certificate or Certificate of Conduct from institution previously studied
- Sports/NCC/PH certificate, if applicable
- Caste/Category certificate issue by competent authority (Only for candidates other than General Category)
- Income Certificate or Proof of Income
- Identity Proof of Candidate
- Passport sized pictures of candidate
Salient FAQs on LFAT 2020
LFAT 2020 FAQs
Ques. Which paper should I appear for? LAT or LFAT?
Ans. If a candidate is willing to take admission in 5 year integrated law programme, then s/he should appear for LFAT.
Ques. How many seats are available for B.A.LLB at Faculty of Law in Allahabad University?
Ans. At present 120 seats are available for admission into 5 year integrated law programme including 6 seats for wards of the teachers or employees of Allahabad University
Ques. I have a gap year of 2 years. Will I have any deduction in marks in LFAT 2020?
Ans. There is a deduction in LFAT qualifying exam if a student has a gap year. The criteria follows as mentioned below:
|Type of Candidates||Deduction in LFAT scores|
|Candidates passing Class 12th or equivalent exam in the current admission year||No deduction in LFAT scores|
|Candidates with one year gap||5% marks will be deducted from LFAT scores|
|Candidates with two years gap||10% marks will be deducted from LFAT scores|
|Candidates with three years gap||15% marks will be deducted from LFAT scores|
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College